[EOL][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][Gemini] Pixel Experience [KERNEL 4.4]

Search This thread

frt550

Aug 31, 2021
How does gps work for you? I constantly fall off, because of this it is impossible to use navigation.
Very often, google maps, when used, closes by itself and is unloaded from memory. It doesn't show any errors though. Strange behavior.
gps works fine, I'm using Yandex navigator

chinhnguyen12

May 28, 2022
I'm sorry but can you help me. i am using mi5 pro 128gb, miui10, android 8 and i am looking for a kernel that can make the cpu frequency not drop when cpu it hot.
currently when my phone is around 50 degrees the freuqency drops so hard, I can't even unlock the screen.
This phone is pretty old so no one really seems to be able to help me now.
I did a google search and found a video of a chinese guy, using LineageOS 17and flashed a kernel that keeps the cpu running at a constant speed.
i wonder if miui 10 can flash any kernel like this ?

frt550

Aug 31, 2021
Would be great if you add "Last app" action for Buttons, so i can use Home button - Long Press - Last app

tgae40

Dec 4, 2021
Unfortunately it's not possible, i've tried and works, but will break some things in gallery app like media scanning.
You can disable the stock camera app if you want, just go to settings --> app --> show all apps --> check "show system app" --> Camera --> disable the app. In this way you will have only GCam in your launcher

Yes, can be rooted without problems (i'm actually using Magisk because root helps me in development/debugging) and it's stable, but i did not understood the CPU throttling part, could you please explain? I'm sorry but i'm not following LOS development, they are using a completely different kernel/proprietary blobs, and there's no public work on lineage 19 for our device

PS: i've rebased and updated the kernel, i'm testing it right now and will include everything in next public release if it's 100% stable, if someone wants to give it a try here's the flashable zip download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118455299
Sources are here: https://github.com/B--B/Gemini-B--B-Kernel/tree/twelve-4.4-new
There are various improvements and fixes, also a couple of bugs spotted compiling the kernel with clang 14 has been fixed now, but as i said it's still in testing phase, if someone wants to give it a try please let me know how works and if there are regressions/bugs. Thanks :)

Hi, any update for this great ROM ?

Reactions: c9a1c9f0191

Nk_07

Apr 11, 2020
Hi been using this rom for some time now, a minor bug I am facing is that the auto brightness adjusts in a step by step manner, which is really unpleasant to the eyes. Anyone else having this issue. I had faced this issue with the Android 10 pixel experience but not with the Android 11

kjpp

Nov 21, 2007
Wroclaw
Great rom, very fast and more stable than stock.

I got only two problems.

1. I cant connect to LTE, i check all settings, but no luck.
2. I didnt know why but my callers hear some echo in spekers.

Reactions: oburixar

StarVase

Jul 19, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 5
I'm more than happy to give my mi 5 a new life with Pixel experienced 12. 3q so much! But during my using ,the following problems disturbed me a lot.

--1) when I using my phone, it usually got stuck and reboot after a while.(I've not found this bug in pe12.1 yet, and it seems stabler than the old version, thank you a lot)

--2) usually the CPU frequency will decrease to 0.94ghz(big core) and 0.96ghz(small core)

--3) in order to solve frequency lock problem, I used a app named "温控拜拜" to refire my phone but, unfortunately, when I use it with 2.15ghz, it comes to a notice that my phone is overheating and the system will limit my phone's performance, and if I continue using it, it will shutdown.

--4) I have a strong sense that my file read/write speed is much slower than before (in kernel 3.18), such as running AIDE to build an Android application, try to switch to another dictionary, it will have a 2-3 seconds stuck.

I hope that someone could supply me a moudle or a flashable zip file to delete overheat protection.

Last edited:

wulolx

Sep 18, 2022
LG G8
Xiaomi Mi 10
大家好,新版本上线,相关改动如下:

名称:PixelExperience_gemini-12.1-20220410-1537-UNOFFICIAL.zip
sha256sum: f7859e369a0ec9fa182cdbad68c91d96bbf87e573ab3ace6e773499acd25dbf3

* 将 PE 源更新为 Android 12.1 r4
* 修复并添加了双击唤醒功能
* 修复并添加后退按钮交换功能
*修复了keydisabler
*内核:合并最新的安全补丁+小改进
* 启用 ZRAM 回写
* QCOM HAL:合并来自 CAF 的最新更新
* 设置:修复了主设置页面上没有搜索栏和视觉故障
* 锁屏:修复天气不显示
* 其他改进和增强

下载链接:https ://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118452182

享受:)
我现在手机就是PE OS,是10,好久没更新了,看到12我开心了,这手机用了很久了,都有感情了,摔了很多次就是不会坏,我看还能用2年😁

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 5 [Gemini]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    Wifi hotspot
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Sensors
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Fingerprint
    WiFi Display
    VoLTE
    Double Tap To Wake
    Buttons swap

Known issues
    SELinux is in permissive mode

Not Tested
    HW crypto (FDE)

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Android File Host

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • For compatiblity reasons (encryption) you have to flash TWRP based on 4.4 kernel
    • Reboot to updated TWRP
    • Format /system /vendor /data (yes, FORMAT /data, not wipe without removing Internal memory)
    • Reboot to TWRP once again
    • Flash ROM package
    • Enjoy

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM as minimum target
    Based On: AOSP
    Source Kernel repo: Link
    Gemini device tree repo: Link
    Xiaomi msm8996-common repo: Link
    Vendor repo: Link

!!IMPORTANT!!
    My device is slowly diyng, so i decided that our last battle would be the Android 12 port. Unfortunately, for this reason i don't know when i will stop to work on Mi5, maybe tomorrow, maybe next year... The good news is that everyone is free to use my repos, and can easily compile almost all Android 12 ROMs with a few edits.

Notes for developers :

• hardware/xiaomi repo is a dependency for IR HAL, be sure to add the repo to your manifest or the ROM will compile fine, but won't boot (bootloop)
    • Starting from this and this commits the LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-04100-89xx.0 msm8996 QCOM HALs are MANDATORY, the new graphics blobs requires the new display HAL. New blobs with the old HAL breaks surfaceflinger, be careful. Also, take in mind that WFD require libdisplayconfig.qti which is NOT provided in old display HAL repo.
    • If the ROM you are trying to build use Lineage OS touch HAL disable the keyswap feature, its crashing at boot and the device enter in bootloop state

Special thanks to
    DerpGang
    xNombre
    Hi to everyone, new build is online,here's the relevant changes:

Name: PixelExperience_gemini-12.1-20220410-1537-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    sha256sum: f7859e369a0ec9fa182cdbad68c91d96bbf87e573ab3ace6e773499acd25dbf3

* Updated PE sources to Android 12.1 r4
    * Fixed and added back double tap to wake feature
    * Fixed and added back buttons swap feature
    * Fixed keydisabler
    * Kernel: merged latest security patches + small improvements
    * Enabled ZRAM writeback
    * QCOM HALs: Merged latest updates from CAF
    * Settings: fixed no search bar and visual glitch on main settings page
    * Lockscreen: fix weather not showing
    * Misc improvements and enhancements

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118452182

Enjoy :)
    New build available

Name: PixelExperience_gemini-12.0-20220221-1636-UNOFFICIAL
    sha256sum: f8579efdc5289389ebfee8ea2e9ac4cae46dd541102fd5dc831bebdf576fc186

Relevant changes:

* Audio: move to the new audio HAL, also updated audio blobs and conf
    * Fixed flash when using the camera
    * Fixed zram
    * Update rootdir to LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-04100-89xx.0
    * Update PE sources to android-12.0.0_r32
    * Increased earpiece volume
    * Fixed Volte
    * Merged all the code from xNombre repos (big big thanks to him)

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688291247

Enjoy
    Hi to everyone, after some weeks of delay the new build is finally online,here's the relevant changes:

Name: PixelExperience_gemini-12.1-20220321-1942-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    sha256sum: 2e6fcfed3b1d7d565aaa052844113194be5fe7787e732b23786c75bdc4d6b63a

* Updated PE sources to Android 12.1
    * Fixed green dot on status bar when mic/gps/camera are in use
    * Added and updated device specific Doze (fix Doze lift to wake)
    * Updated device specific Config Panel for Android 12 and fixed settings icon
    * Added a couple of missing libraries for media and GPS logging
    * Drop soundtrigger in favour of HotwordEnrollment app
    * Added face unlock
    * Kernel: merged all updates and changes from Google 4.4 common kernel repo

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2981970449027578307

NOTE: a clean flash is required, don't report me bugs if you dirty flash over an older ROM version

Enjoy :)
    cant we have the same camera prebuilt into the rom?

Unfortunately it's not possible, i've tried and works, but will break some things in gallery app like media scanning.
    You can disable the stock camera app if you want, just go to settings --> app --> show all apps --> check "show system app" --> Camera --> disable the app. In this way you will have only GCam in your launcher

Hi is your Pixel Experience 12.1 4.4 Kernel have CPU Throttling like LOS or Unlocked, Is Stable for Daily USE, Root Supported

Yes, can be rooted without problems (i'm actually using Magisk because root helps me in development/debugging) and it's stable, but i did not understood the CPU throttling part, could you please explain? I'm sorry but i'm not following LOS development, they are using a completely different kernel/proprietary blobs, and there's no public work on lineage 19 for our device

PS: i've rebased and updated the kernel, i'm testing it right now and will include everything in next public release if it's 100% stable, if someone wants to give it a try here's the flashable zip download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118455299
    Sources are here: https://github.com/B--B/Gemini-B--B-Kernel/tree/twelve-4.4-new
    There are various improvements and fixes, also a couple of bugs spotted compiling the kernel with clang 14 has been fixed now, but as i said it's still in testing phase, if someone wants to give it a try please let me know how works and if there are regressions/bugs. Thanks :)