[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Exynos

Search This thread

mariojohn

Sep 2, 2009
Google Pixel 6a
Fist of all - great job with this port.

I have however small issue, I've just upgraded to 19.1 (20220318) (from 19.0) together with mindthegapps (20220312) and lygisk. I am able to use my gmail account during intro but after I finish the setup, the device does not see internet connection. WIFI is connected, SIM is working (both not showing any errors) but internet does not.
I did re-flash all the things, did factory reset, tried multiple times airplane mode, just wifi, just sim - all to no internet available.
I am stuck, do you have maybe any advice what else I can do/try ?

UPDATE: Issue seems to be limited to anything using webview, so i.e.: built in browser or play store, so internet access generally works just not there, still any advice would be appreciated.

UPDATE2: PROBLEM SOLVED - Seems like 19.1 by default disables internet access on app level, so one needs to manually enable it for all applications that should have access.
May I ask if you downgraded from android 12 to 11 before updating 19.0 to 19.1? Is this necessary? The website says it is necessary which would require extra steps. Thanks!

szus

Apr 30, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I just got a S6 Lite and succeeded in installing this ROM, Mindthe gapps and Lygisk. Now I try to get a Titanium backup of the system but it gets stuck backing up Media Storage 12. Anybody else have this problem?

edit: I had to uncheck Media Storage 12 to get the rest of the system backed up. Then tried to back it up by itself and that hangs. I'm assuming the file must be corrupt. Is there anyway to get just that file?

Last edited:

crazyrobinhood

Mar 6, 2011
Sorry for the silly question but it's been long time since I've flashed something:
Do I have to root my device first or I can go straight to heimdall (after of course the "devel" steps) and flash the lineage recovery over a standard build with android 11 and One UI 3.1?

marcw2

Nov 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
so to fix netlix "this device is not supported by the app", I installed lygisk with SaftyNet and MagiskHide Props config, but netflix still does not work. I get CTS Profile Match Failed, any help?

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Reactions: crazyrobinhood

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Yes,I hide playstore and Netflix, and cts still failed, then I installed magisk props , but then I kinda got lost how to use it. I search for s6lite profile but did not find anything. Any help?
I haven't watched Netflix in years, so I can't test this. But my google search came up with this site.

Is it possible to disable the new taskbar in Android 12L and revert to the old 3-button navigation?
So far I can only get it to work with gesture navigation by changing the indicator settings.
Switching back to 3-button navigation reverts the taskbar back.

I know it's an overlay that Trebuchet is drawing over the portion of the screen.
Unfortunately, disabling/removing trebuchet breaks the recents button.

I've also tried flashing stock Gapps to replace it with the pixel launcher but didn't work.
After space requirements are computed it disallows me to flash, even using gapps-config.txt

Has anyone tried this yet or know more about disabling / replacing trebuchet?

niektk

Apr 14, 2017
Ootmarsum
Weird.
Screenshot_20220429-222330_Telegram.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • DO NOT Report bugs while having Magisk installed (especially with Zygisk enabled)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, programminghoch10
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl/tree/lineage-19.1
    Requirements:
    • Any R based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    I strongly recommend to use Lygisk instead,
    which is a fork of Magisk that aims to improve support for devices with FBE that can't (and shouldn't anyways!) decrypt userdata in recovery,
    this will also fix OTAs getting stuck while having installed Magisk.
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel

Known issues
    • LineageOS specific features like livedisplay (for now)
    • You tell me
    https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/gta4xlwifi.html doesn't require you to go back to full stock (the firmware is downloaded automatically using samloader in gh actions in my repo here: https://github.com/Linux4/firmware-update)