Search This thread

malim20

May 19, 2014
I dirty flashed the latest version on the Edge variant but it seemed liked the On-screen buttons didn't yet work for gestures. But then I re-flashed and the screen works now 😅

malim20

May 19, 2014
Does the Messages app work slow when entering message threads for anyone else? I think the fault is on Messages, but I don't know since I only started using it. It's so annoying

Anyway, thank you fakemanoan! And also ArmashOnXDA for the fingerprint fix!

malim20

May 19, 2014
Sorry for spamming, but it seems the latest version gets hot very fast and loses battery just as quickly. I dirty flashed the Rom and Magisk (I didn't re-flash Gapps), so I don't know if that could contribute to it?

SonicoXD

Mar 26, 2017
Salta
Great update! I did a clean flash with NikGapps (was using MindTheGapps before) and everything works fine. There does seem to be an improvement in battery life, but I should wait a few more days to actually tell. I've noticed the kernel now comes with MoRo's Sound Control, pretty cool.

@fakemanoan a little request! Since you've said you plan to ship a heavily modified kernel, would it be too much to ask if you could add the Lionfish CPU governor to it? It's what I had been using with the previous release (compiled my own kernel with your sources) and it was working great: the phone heats less due to it spending more time on the slower frequencies, battery life increases a bit and performance is the same as with interactive (with an exception: there are random stutters while watching youtube videos using that governor). Of course it shouldn't be the default governor, but it being included as an option would be great :). If you agree, I could make a Pull Request (I'm not experienced with kernel development however).

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
Great update! I did a clean flash with NikGapps (was using MindTheGapps before) and everything works fine. There does seem to be an improvement in battery life, but I should wait a few more days to actually tell. I've noticed the kernel now comes with MoRo's Sound Control, pretty cool.

@fakemanoan a little request! Since you've said you plan to ship a heavily modified kernel, would it be too much to ask if you could add the Lionfish CPU governor to it? It's what I had been using with the previous release (compiled my own kernel with your sources) and it was working great: the phone heats less due to it spending more time on the slower frequencies, battery life increases a bit and performance is the same as with interactive (with an exception: there are random stutters while watching youtube videos using that governor). Of course it shouldn't be the default governor, but it being included as an option would be great :). If you agree, I could make a Pull Request (I'm not experienced with kernel development however).
Sure. I don't see a problem including it
Sorry for spamming, but it seems the latest version gets hot very fast and loses battery just as quickly. I dirty flashed the Rom and Magisk (I didn't re-flash Gapps), so I don't know if that could contribute to it?
I'll look into it

Reactions: malim20

d4r1u5h

Jan 18, 2020
Hi, thanks for all your efforts for the great development
Bugs of removing the call sound by activating the speaker Thank you

ZakMcRofl2

Mar 12, 2022
Hi all
Those on the S6 edge, here is a new release:

This should fix the issues you were having
This is on the EQ1 kernel with the necessary additions, so I recommend using that over the temporary boot.zip.

There is also a small modification to the powerhints.json file for regular S6 users.

it is likely that your battery is no longer good and needs replacing. I have also had that issue and replaced my battery, it is not particularly expensive or difficult to do.

If you want to replace your battery, consider doing an S7e mod, which is documented well on these forums and here:
I just wanted to say my goodbyes to this subforum. In my attempt to do the S7E battery mod, I ruined the LCD screen and the good old Galaxy S6. Probably when trying to get out the old battery. But hey, I learned how to open a glued together phone, knowledge that may be helpful in the future.
It's not like I am dependant on that phone.
I feel like a screen replacement is not worth it at this point. It will find a new owner hopefully.

Thanks for all the helpful tips and the effort of building this ROM.

R.I.P Galaxy S6

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
I just wanted to say my goodbyes to this subforum. In my attempt to do the S7E battery mod, I ruined the LCD screen and the good old Galaxy S6. Probably when trying to get out the old battery. But hey, I learned how to open a glued together phone, knowledge that may be helpful in the future.
It's not like I am dependant on that phone.
I feel like a screen replacement is not worth it at this point. It will find a new owner hopefully.

Thanks for all the helpful tips and the effort of building this ROM.

R.I.P Galaxy S6
Sorry to hear that.

OLED screens for these older phones are generally as expensive as a good quality used phone, so in most cases it isnt really viable to fix it. But some "parts only" phones on a site like ebay might have working screens for significantly cheaper, but there are no guarantees.

My builds should have USB debugging on, so you should be able to transfer any important files you have on the phone via "adb pull" commands on your PC.

Hope you can find a way to fix it.

tobias20170

Nov 13, 2021
Hi, I have a problem with the new android 12 update, I don't have a play store and I can't set up android auto. Because I don't have any gapps for it. Can you help me fix it? Thank you in advance .

Feb 22, 2014
@fakemanoan

Thank you for the time and effort you're putting into developing new roms for the s6!
I got a couple of questions for you:

1. Any eta for the Canadian w8 version? 😉

2. Does the s7edge battery work out of the box or is an app needed to calibrate it or does the kernel you plan to release do that automatically?

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
@fakemanoan

Thank you for the time and effort you're putting into developing new roms for the s6!
I got a couple of questions for you:

1. Any eta for the Canadian w8 version? 😉

2. Does the s7edge battery work out of the box or is an app needed to calibrate it or does the kernel you plan to release do that automatically?
I will try to get a Canadian version in the next release.

There are no mods done to support s7e mod at this time. I would suggest following calibration steps in the S7e batterymod page, as it has worked for me.
Hi, I have a problem with the new android 12 update, I don't have a play store and I can't set up android auto. Because I don't have any gapps for it. Can you help me fix it? Thank you in advance .
There is a MindTheGapps package that was premodified on the github releases page. If you dont want to use that, nikgapps or bitgapps have been reported to work also

MiguelSantaCruz

Jul 24, 2017
After using this ROM for the past few days (with the modified MindTheGApps flashed) I can say it is very responsive and generally fast to use. However I can point out some problems with the latest build:
  1. The official Twitter app is very unresponsive and almost unusable especially when it tries to load images and videos. I'm almost certain that the problem is not related with the application itself.
  2. The haptic feedback on the physical buttons to return and view open applications is enabled when the screen is off. I can feel the phone vibrate when pressing on them with the screen off and I think this is a bug.
  3. GPS location works meaning it can locate the device when opening google maps for example but when entering navigation mode the location doesn't update making the device appear at rest when it is moving ( The problem does not seems to be related with the google maps app)
And lastly I would like to thank everyone contributing to the development of this ROM because you are doing an amazing job that needs to be recognised. I have donated and I don't regret it for a second. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2010
So I flashed this rom to my Canadian variant. I might stay with it, I generally don't try to change back and forth too much, but I had to reflash Lineage 17.1 after something weird happened to my system.

zerofltecan G920W8, Bell bought. I actually did the edge variant (zeroltexx) first, oops. I wish lineage let me input the *#2663# code, but it is blocked and I had to flash some stock rom and tools to fix it.

I'm hesitant that it isn't draining battery much faster. But in the first few days, it is pretty hard to tell. So far, it lasts as long as Lineage 17.1 if I turn the battery saver on. Not enough to make me stop using it, though.

But my last test might be a deal breaker: Call audio doesn't work. Speaker phone doesn't fix it. I haven't tested outgoing sound, but could do that if needed. Maybe this is a problem with the W8 being unsupported, I'm not sure. Is there a way to fix this, or will have to wait for this ROM to support the W8?

AfreenOnXDA

Aug 25, 2022
After using this ROM for the past few days (with the modified MindTheGApps flashed) I can say it is very responsive and generally fast to use. However I can point out some problems with the latest build:
  1. The official Twitter app is very unresponsive and almost unusable especially when it tries to load images and videos. I'm almost certain that the problem is not related with the application itself.
  2. The haptic feedback on the physical buttons to return and view open applications is enabled when the screen is off. I can feel the phone vibrate when pressing on them with the screen off and I think this is a bug.
  3. GPS location works meaning it can locate the device when opening google maps for example but when entering navigation mode the location doesn't update making the device appear at rest when it is moving ( The problem does not seems to be related with the google maps app)
And lastly I would like to thank everyone contributing to the development of this ROM because you are doing an amazing job that needs to be recognised. I have donated and I don't regret it for a second. Thanks.
The Twitter app is really unoptimized for Android devices. Even my Galaxy S21 lags when scrolling through the Twitter feed. Sure, Some of the apps are laggy like Discord or Play Store but apart from that the ROM works really smooth. Atleast for me.

Speaking of Google Maps, The recent versions of Google maps have this updating problem where it doesn't update the location fast enough and thus shows that you're going at 0 KM/H. Installing Old Versions of GMaps like Google Maps 10.72.3 works just fine

AfreenOnXDA

Aug 25, 2022
So I flashed this rom to my Canadian variant. I might stay with it, I generally don't try to change back and forth too much, but I had to reflash Lineage 17.1 after something weird happened to my system.

zerofltecan G920W8, Bell bought. I actually did the edge variant (zeroltexx) first, oops. I wish lineage let me input the *#2663# code, but it is blocked and I had to flash some stock rom and tools to fix it.

I'm hesitant that it isn't draining battery much faster. But in the first few days, it is pretty hard to tell. So far, it lasts as long as Lineage 17.1 if I turn the battery saver on. Not enough to make me stop using it, though.

But my last test might be a deal breaker: Call audio doesn't work. Speaker phone doesn't fix it. I haven't tested outgoing sound, but could do that if needed. Maybe this is a problem with the W8 being unsupported, I'm not sure. Is there a way to fix this, or will have to wait for this ROM to support the W8?

I have a similar problem as well. I can't hear any audio during calls for about 10-20 seconds and even after that the call audio quality is really bad and i can't really make out what the other person is saying on the other side of the phone. I have a G920F. @fakemanoan Can you please fix this in the next update?

Last edited:

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The call audio is a mixed bag for me personally. Sometimes I am able to hear, sometimes I'm not but i would say that majority of the time i'm not able to hear what the other person is trying to say.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems not possible to install smartthings app on this rom. Is it possible to install it on custom roms at all? I want to use a smarttag with this phone, if possible. Thanks! : )
    not possible, it does show up in Play Store, but crash and won't work
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi/Hotspot
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint
    • HWC
    What's not working:
    • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
    • SELinux Permissive
    • You tell me
    Download Link:
    LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
    Beta/Testing

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
    Last release: 12/12/2022

If you would like to support me , visit my donation page.

Thanks to:
    Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
    html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
    enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armashonxda - help with fingerprint issues
    New lineage os 19 releases
    Major changes include:
    • Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    • Removed AudioFX as a test
    Download here:

Enjoy for now :)
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here:
    Anyone else NOT getting any GPS signal?

Network location works fine, but even after letting the phone in clear view of the sky for more than 30 minutes, I'll still seeing NO satellite at all (using SatStat and GPSTest).

I've found the following in logcat though:
    thanks for the report and uploading a logcat. I will look into what is causing that.

Regarding the vulkan issue, not sure. I didn't do anything to break it, so not sure whats going on there. I will see what I can do.

Currently I am attempting to fix up the BSP so I can build HWC components from source. Will be nice to do that, also is kind of required to get the newer driver working.

I am redoing a lot of parts of the tree. That will take time though. That being said I will still release security update releases, and maybe if I get around to it, I will build crDroid or something. The future is bright for 7420 users!
    I have echo in phone calls!
    Echoing in calls has been a problem for Samsung devices for a long time. Not aware of a fix as of yet. But using some old mixer_paths tweaks, the problem can be mitigated somewhat

My banking/other apps arent working!
    Chances are this is due to SafetyNet failing. In order to get SafetyNet to pass, you need to root your device with magisk, and install several magisk modules. This should fix the issue. However, SafetyNet will not natively pass due to invalid build fingerprints and SELinux permissive. It has been this way for a long time on the S6, and I might be able to get it working again, but it will take time. Use the above workaround for the time being

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    This is a bug on a lot of samsung devices. The native AOSP camera app does not properly sync the flash, however using third party camera applications does not have this issue, so until this problem is resolved use third party camera app, like GCam.

I have a problem not on this list!
    Post relevant problem and debugging information (ie logcat, last_kmesg, syslog etc) here or on github
    Use an app like Syslog and attach logs. If I don't have logs, the chances of me fixing it is low.

What devices are currently supported?
    Currently the G920F and G925F are supported.
    ROMs for the Canadian and Sprint models will come later

If you want to see the project improve, help by contributing code on GitHub!

Changelog:
    Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    Removed AudioFX as a test
    Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    ZRAM values tweaked
    Added experimental aptX
    Added experimental freeform windows
    Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    OpenCL fixed
    Fixed GPS rollover bug

Fixed S6 Edge not booting (weird kernel glitch)
    Modified powerhints.json

Synced with LineageOS sources
    Swapped to EQ1 kernel based on S6 Nougat firmware. However due to last minute issues, only necessary features were added.
    Added and enabled ZRAM with lz4, improves general usability
    Graphics should be slightly smoother
    AOD now has acceptable brightness, better implementation later
    Added Heart Rate Monitor permission
    Switched to new Pixel Power HAL from hw/samsung
    Fingerprint reader fixed (ty @ArmashOnXDA for the help)
    Added basic vibration intensity control
    Overall system responsiveness improved
    G925F touch key disabler should work properly now
    USB tethering fixed

Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler is working, meaning on-screen buttons and gestural navigation can be selected
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Initial Release for flat models