Search This thread
Bug report from my side as an app developer who also uses the Vulkan graphics API:

Vulkan-based apps still crash. for example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.saschawillems.vulkancapsviewer among others.

which, however, works flawlessly with the Samsung Stock ROM. Thus, there seems to be something wrong with the Mali T760 MP8 graphics driver as well.

Edit: Kernel version is 3.10.108fmA810-g99e9140fc88 #3 Tue Nov 22 11:13:16 GMT 2022

Last edited:

digiatio

Nov 28, 2022
Hi and thank you fakemanoan for this wonderful ROM.

I was playing around and found two strange apps named 10120 and 10124 in WiFi usage data consuming about 3-4% of bandwidth.
When I clicked on them there was no more information and even data usage was hided in one of them (10120).

Do you have any idea about them?

Bela_

Apr 20, 2022
Hi all, sorry for my bad english.
My S6 has a broken home button, I wanted to ask if it was possible to activate the virtual keys on the screen at the bottom with this rom.
Is it also possible to enter recovery directly on reboot without pressing the middle button?
Thanks to whoever can answer me and to fakemanoan for continuing the development of S6.

Reactions: doxtsgaming

SonicoXD

Mar 26, 2017
Salta
Hi all, sorry for my bad english.
My S6 has a broken home button, I wanted to ask if it was possible to activate the virtual keys on the screen at the bottom with this rom.
Is it also possible to enter recovery directly on reboot without pressing the middle button?
Thanks to whoever can answer me and to fakemanoan for continuing the development of S6.
Yes both are possible

Reactions: Bela_

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I have a SM-G925L and installed the Nov 22 update. Then the setup screen was fine, but when the setup was finished and the home screen appeared, touch operation was impossible...

Might be because you had enabled "Navigation Gestures" during the setup process. There is a bug where the keydisabler will completely break the Entire ROM in the Edge varaints

Last edited:

timmyd21

Oct 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S6
I tried the last update for a couple of days. So, here are my notes:
- System interface is a bit laggy although this is the smallest problem.
- When I make a call, sometimes I have to hang up and call again 3 or 4 times in order to hear the other persons voice.
- Some apps like Twitter takes long to load and they are a bit laggy as well but after loading lagginess is at a usable level.
- Like you mentioned on the notes, videos have low quality.
- Speaker sound can be improved but works fine.
- Bluetooth sound, in my opinion is at least as good as stock rom if not better. Excellent work here well done.
- Cameras and in app cameras like whatsapp and instagram work just fine.
- I think that Wifi can be a bit improved in terms of range.
- The user interface is very beautiful. Great job here also.
- Vpn apps work for me but i didn't try the built-in Vpn.
- Heavy apps like Tiktok and Reddit works fine.

- Biggest problem is the calling problem. Other than that it is a usable rom.

Great job overall in my opinion. Thank you for your efforts. You are trying to resurrect a 7.5 year old and that alone worths admiring. I will be looking forward to see the next updates.

Good Luck

malim20

May 19, 2014
Hey @fakemanoan I noticed the GPS location doesn't update while using Google Maps or Magic Earth for navigation. It gets stuck at one point and makes it impossible to use for navigation.

Thanks so much for your hard work! I don't know what you did, but even SW decoding uses less battery; but it seems now VP9 isn't using HW decoding. Otherwise, amazing!

Last edited:

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Anyone else NOT getting any GPS signal?

Network location works fine, but even after letting the phone in clear view of the sky for more than 30 minutes, I'll still seeing NO satellite at all (using SatStat and GPSTest).

I've found the following in logcat though:
Code:
12-05 17:54:43.904 F/libc    (3336): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x646f7270 in tid 7559 (gpsd), pid 3336 (gpsd)
12-05 17:54:44.061 F/DEBUG   (7565): Cmdline: /system/bin/gpsd -c /system/etc/gps.xml
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565): pid: 3336, tid: 7559, name: gpsd  >>> /system/bin/gpsd <<<
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565):       #03 pc 0000000000001074  /system/vendor/lib64/libshim_gpsd.so (android::SensorManager::createEventQueue(android::String8, int)+92) (BuildId: 5dda2183708d71e2fbd68d028d1822fa)
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565):       #04 pc 00000000000b6968  /system/bin/gpsd (BuildId: cedf75b58f051f60e3500205d26ecd6b)
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565):       #05 pc 00000000000b60bc  /system/bin/gpsd (BuildId: cedf75b58f051f60e3500205d26ecd6b)
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565):       #06 pc 00000000000b62bc  /system/bin/gpsd (BuildId: cedf75b58f051f60e3500205d26ecd6b)
12-05 17:54:44.062 F/DEBUG   (7565):       #07 pc 00000000000b5e64  /system/bin/gpsd (BuildId: cedf75b58f051f60e3500205d26ecd6b)

And also:

Code:
12-05 17:55:00.934 I/[1:           init:    1] init(0): Service 'gpsd' (pid 7642) received signal 11
12-05 17:55:00.934 I/[1:           init:    1] init(0): Sending signal 9 to service 'gpsd' (pid 7642) process group...
12-05 17:55:00.910 I//vendor/bin/hw/[email protected](7662): type=1400 audit(0.0:1405): avc: denied { setattr } for comm=49504320546872656164 name=".gps.interface.pipe.to_gpsd" dev="sda18" ino=997996 scontext=u:r:hal_gnss_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_data_file:s0 tclass=fifo_file permissive=1
12-05 17:55:04.149 E/[1:           init:    1] init(0): File /system/bin/gpsd (labeled "u:object_r:system_file:s0") has incorrect label or no domain transition from u:r:init:s0 to another SELinux domain defined. Have you configured your service correctly? https://source.android.com/security/selinux/device-policy#label_new_services_and_address_denials
12-05 17:55:04.149 I/[1:           init:    1] init(0): starting service 'gpsd'...
12-05 17:55:04.157 E/[1:           init:    1] init(0): createProcessGroup(1021, 7668) failed for service 'gpsd': No such file or directory

Attachments

• SM-G920F.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: malim20

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a

Network location works fine, but even after letting the phone in clear view of the sky for more than 30 minutes, I'll still seeing NO satellite at all (using SatStat and GPSTest).

thanks for the report and uploading a logcat. I will look into what is causing that.

Regarding the vulkan issue, not sure. I didn't do anything to break it, so not sure whats going on there. I will see what I can do.

Currently I am attempting to fix up the BSP so I can build HWC components from source. Will be nice to do that, also is kind of required to get the newer driver working.

I am redoing a lot of parts of the tree. That will take time though. That being said I will still release security update releases, and maybe if I get around to it, I will build crDroid or something. The future is bright for 7420 users!

Feb 22, 2014
thanks for the report and uploading a logcat. I will look into what is causing that.

Regarding the vulkan issue, not sure. I didn't do anything to break it, so not sure whats going on there. I will see what I can do.

Currently I am attempting to fix up the BSP so I can build HWC components from source. Will be nice to do that, also is kind of required to get the newer driver working.

I am redoing a lot of parts of the tree. That will take time though. That being said I will still release security update releases, and maybe if I get around to it, I will build crDroid or something. The future is bright for 7420 users!

Please add support for w8 too 😉🙏 (or is it supported already? 🤔).

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Thanks @fakemanoan !

A few words of context:
This devices is brand new, most likely coming from a warehouse in China where it must have slept for years before being eventually switched on in Europe.

IIRC the original ROM was Android 7, and I installed all updates from within the phone, then flashed the latest stock firmware with Odin (just to be REALLY sure that it was up-to-date).

I then flashed TWRP, your LineageOS ROM, Magisk, then RiRu/LSposed to spoof signature to use MicroG and its location backends (they work fine).

It’s only when I tested precise/approximate locations that I noticed the former didn’t work.

I’ve read that in some conditions (like being switched on after years?), a device may take up to 24 hours to re-sync with the (GPS ? No idea about GloNASS/etc.) satellites, but unfortunately I’ve been unable to keep the phone powered on and in clean view of the sky for more than one hour at a time. I’ll keep trying though.

Also:
I mainly use Satstat (https://mvglasow.gitlab.io/satstat/index.html) to test location. The main screen should display the different GNSS satellites constellations, but with that S6, the bottom graph only displays GPS, not GloNASS (nor Beidou), with 0/0 satellites in use. I can provide a screenshot if needed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems not possible to install smartthings app on this rom. Is it possible to install it on custom roms at all? I want to use a smarttag with this phone, if possible. Thanks! : )
    not possible, it does show up in Play Store, but crash and won't work
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi/Hotspot
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint
    • HWC
    What's not working:
    • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
    • SELinux Permissive
    • You tell me
    Download Link:
    LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
    Beta/Testing

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
    Last release: 12/12/2022

If you would like to support me , visit my donation page.

Thanks to:
    Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
    html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
    enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armashonxda - help with fingerprint issues
    New lineage os 19 releases
    Major changes include:
    • Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    • Removed AudioFX as a test
    Download here:

Enjoy for now :)
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here:

I have echo in phone calls!
    Echoing in calls has been a problem for Samsung devices for a long time. Not aware of a fix as of yet. But using some old mixer_paths tweaks, the problem can be mitigated somewhat

My banking/other apps arent working!
    Chances are this is due to SafetyNet failing. In order to get SafetyNet to pass, you need to root your device with magisk, and install several magisk modules. This should fix the issue. However, SafetyNet will not natively pass due to invalid build fingerprints and SELinux permissive. It has been this way for a long time on the S6, and I might be able to get it working again, but it will take time. Use the above workaround for the time being

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    This is a bug on a lot of samsung devices. The native AOSP camera app does not properly sync the flash, however using third party camera applications does not have this issue, so until this problem is resolved use third party camera app, like GCam.

I have a problem not on this list!
    Post relevant problem and debugging information (ie logcat, last_kmesg, syslog etc) here or on github
    Use an app like Syslog and attach logs. If I don't have logs, the chances of me fixing it is low.

What devices are currently supported?
    Currently the G920F and G925F are supported.
    ROMs for the Canadian and Sprint models will come later

If you want to see the project improve, help by contributing code on GitHub!

Changelog:
    Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    Removed AudioFX as a test
    Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    ZRAM values tweaked
    Added experimental aptX
    Added experimental freeform windows
    Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    OpenCL fixed
    Fixed GPS rollover bug

Fixed S6 Edge not booting (weird kernel glitch)
    Modified powerhints.json

Synced with LineageOS sources
    Swapped to EQ1 kernel based on S6 Nougat firmware. However due to last minute issues, only necessary features were added.
    Added and enabled ZRAM with lz4, improves general usability
    Graphics should be slightly smoother
    AOD now has acceptable brightness, better implementation later
    Added Heart Rate Monitor permission
    Switched to new Pixel Power HAL from hw/samsung
    Fingerprint reader fixed (ty @ArmashOnXDA for the help)
    Added basic vibration intensity control
    Overall system responsiveness improved
    G925F touch key disabler should work properly now
    USB tethering fixed

Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler is working, meaning on-screen buttons and gestural navigation can be selected
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Initial Release for flat models