Search This thread

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Well that's maybe true but we do have some hundred users still and it will get even better , we must give this time to grow and not rush it , water it by donating to FameManOwn , and everything's gonna be alright .
Happy weekend all .
There's a reason why the Galaxy S9 has more Official ROM's than that of the S10. Even tho S10 is a much powerful and newer device. The official EvolutionX is making official ROM's only for the S9. You can take even a S20 as an example. Older devices can only have Official ROM's being developed for them as long as it's community is ready to pay the developers.

Reactions: Concept48

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
There's a reason why the Galaxy S9 has more Official ROM's than that of the S10. Even tho S10 is a much powerful and newer device. The official EvolutionX is making official ROM's only for the S9. You can take even a S20 as an example. Older devices can only have Official ROM's being developed for them as long as it's community is ready to pay the developers.
I fully agree with you , and we should stimulate that , and show users on that fact , maybe it's good to create a fund for certain devices and then developers can chose what device they wanna work on and what the start up cost are,.. $300 is resonable to get started , what you think? 300 : 100 = 3 Euro Per person...less then a Cola in the Bar.

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I fully agree with you , and we should stimulate that , and show users on that fact , maybe it's good to create a fund for certain devices and then developers can chose what device they wanna work on and what the start up cost are,.. $300 is resonable to get started , what you think? 300 : 100 = 3 Euro Per person...less then a Cola in the Bar.
Not sure.... I personally don't really know about money and everything. I also can't donate anything evo tho I really want to as I'm a kid and my parents won't really allow me to spend money on what they think is some "useless" stuff.

esginmurat

Aug 30, 2016
What's wrong with the camera? I don't have any problems with the camera personally

Phone Echo Issues are common for Samsung devices running AOSP based ROM's. I have a S7 edge as well as a S9 and they both have the echo issues when I install AOSP based ROM's like Evolution or Pixel Experience.

VoLTE is something that has haunted Samsung Devices for years. You need to understand that Samsung device's running AOSP ROM's can't support VoLTE, no matter which Samsung device it is. From the early beginning, No-one has been able to port the Samsung RIL as it's a closed source. There have been attempts in the past to reverse engineer the RIL but none of them have been successful. You can go onto any XDA forum of an AOSP based ROM for a Samsung and they all will have the same VoLTE issue. If Samsung could just hand over the RIL sources themselves... Then maybe we could enable VoLTE.

Fingerprint is just a small bug... I'm currently working on a fix as well. I hope that i will be able to get it working soon :D
Thank you.

vinnievh

Mar 28, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
There's a big bug on the s6 edge variant. When u select on screen gestures the touch dies after it gets to the homescreen. U can only use it again after u reset it. I can't use the hardware buttons because they're broken on mine. Hope it gets fixed. I'll leave a Google photos link below because I can't upload videos.

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
Hey... @fakemanoan When are you planning to release the next update for this ROM?
Hi,
the new kernel is almost finished, and some bug fixes are coming. It looks like the fingerprint will remain broken for the time being, but I am still trying, and I am sure @ArmashOnXDA will continue to try also.

Current bugs I am aware of:
Camera Flash delay with stock AOSP app (can be circumvented with a 3rd party GCAM for the time being)
Fingerprint reader not working
Heart Rate Monitor not working
USB tethering broken
Bluetooth audio not working correctly
S6 Edge keydisabler disabling touch input

If there is anything I have missed, please let me know, or alternatively file an issue on the LineageOS releases page! New releases will come soon, so stay tuned!

zagzag99

Nov 3, 2008
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Hi,
the new kernel is almost finished, and some bug fixes are coming. It looks like the fingerprint will remain broken for the time being, but I am still trying, and I am sure @ArmashOnXDA will continue to try also.

Current bugs I am aware of:
Camera Flash delay with stock AOSP app (can be circumvented with a 3rd party GCAM for the time being)
Fingerprint reader not working
Heart Rate Monitor not working
USB tethering broken
Bluetooth audio not working correctly
S6 Edge keydisabler disabling touch input

If there is anything I have missed, please let me know, or alternatively file an issue on the LineageOS releases page! New releases will come soon, so stay tuned!
How's battery life?
Does BBS shows the device actually deep sleeping sometimes?

kont0mat

Nov 24, 2013
Hello! Can someone please enlighten me which Gapps version is the right one?
I've tried 10 different ones, none of them could be installed for me so far.
Unfortunately, I have this problem every time I have a new device in my hand, sorry.

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
Hello! Can someone please enlighten me which Gapps version is the right one?
I've tried 10 different ones, none of them could be installed for me so far.
nikgapps has worked for me and is the easiest way. you can also do some patches to mindthegapps to get that to work too. instructions are in this thread, but the result is the same, so you might as well use nikgapps

Reactions: kont0mat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When is the next update coming out?? Really excited for it!!
    I might have something ready by next week
    New Lineage OS releases for Novemeber. Major changes include:
    - Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    - UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    - Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    - ZRAM values tweaked
    - Added experimental aptX
    - Added experimental freeform windows
    - Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    - Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    - New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    - OpenCL fixed
    - Source now lives at https://github.com/samsungexynos7420
    - Fixed GPS rollover bug

Download G920 and G925F versions here:

Why was this release delayed?
    I planned to have oreo graphics working, and although they work just fine, our HWC was actually broken, going all the way back to the first lineage 18.1 that was released. I could have released the r22p graphics in a working state, and we would get a nice performance bump in benchmarks, but HWC would still broken. I think a smoother UI is better in this case.

In order to get the faster r22p graphics, I need to rebuild from source, the current prebuilts simply dont support it. Our current source needs fixing up to get HWC working. So...

If anyone reading this knows of someone who can help us fix our HWC, please let me know. Thanks!
    I have a SM-G925L and installed the Nov 22 update. Then the setup screen was fine, but when the setup was finished and the home screen appeared, touch operation was impossible...

Might be because you had enabled "Navigation Gestures" during the setup process. There is a bug where the keydisabler will completely break the Entire ROM in the Edge varaints
    Hi all, sorry for my bad english.
    My S6 has a broken home button, I wanted to ask if it was possible to activate the virtual keys on the screen at the bottom with this rom.
    Is it also possible to enter recovery directly on reboot without pressing the middle button?
    Thanks to whoever can answer me and to fakemanoan for continuing the development of S6.
    Hi all, sorry for my bad english.
    My S6 has a broken home button, I wanted to ask if it was possible to activate the virtual keys on the screen at the bottom with this rom.
    Is it also possible to enter recovery directly on reboot without pressing the middle button?
    Thanks to whoever can answer me and to fakemanoan for continuing the development of S6.
    Yes both are possible
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi/Hotspot
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint
    • HWC
    What's not working:
    • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
    • SELinux Permissive
    • You tell me
    Download Link:
    LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
    Beta/Testing

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
    Last release: 22/11/2022

If you would like to support me , visit my donation page.

Thanks to:
    Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
    html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
    enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armashonxda - help with fingerprint issues
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here:
    Hi thanks all for the reports. I'll see if I can work on a fix for the call issues along with official support for W8 models.

I am still working on the project, so dont worry about that, but just expect a small delay between releases while I sort some stuff out.
    ROM works like a charm for now uptime 12 hrs Plus no RR (random Reboots) etc here a promotional video
    I have echo in phone calls!
    Echoing in calls has been a problem for Samsung devices for a long time. Not aware of a fix as of yet. But using some old mixer_paths tweaks, the problem can be mitigated somewhat

My banking/other apps arent working!
    Chances are this is due to SafetyNet failing. In order to get SafetyNet to pass, you need to root your device with magisk, and install several magisk modules. This should fix the issue. However, SafetyNet will not natively pass due to invalid build fingerprints and SELinux permissive. It has been this way for a long time on the S6, and I might be able to get it working again, but it will take time. Use the above workaround for the time being

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    This is a bug on a lot of samsung devices. The native AOSP camera app does not properly sync the flash, however using third party camera applications does not have this issue, so until this problem is resolved use third party camera app, like GCam.

I have a problem not on this list!
    Post relevant problem and debugging information (ie logcat, last_kmesg, syslog etc) here or on github
    Use an app like Syslog and attach logs. If I don't have logs, the chances of me fixing it is low.

What devices are currently supported?
    Currently the G920F and G925F are supported.
    ROMs for the Canadian and Sprint models will come later

If you want to see the project improve, help by contributing code on GitHub!

Changelog:
    Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    ZRAM values tweaked
    Added experimental aptX
    Added experimental freeform windows
    Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    OpenCL fixed
    Fixed GPS rollover bug

Fixed S6 Edge not booting (weird kernel glitch)
    Modified powerhints.json

Synced with LineageOS sources
    Swapped to EQ1 kernel based on S6 Nougat firmware. However due to last minute issues, only necessary features were added.
    Added and enabled ZRAM with lz4, improves general usability
    Graphics should be slightly smoother
    AOD now has acceptable brightness, better implementation later
    Added Heart Rate Monitor permission
    Switched to new Pixel Power HAL from hw/samsung
    Fingerprint reader fixed (ty @ArmashOnXDA for the help)
    Added basic vibration intensity control
    Overall system responsiveness improved
    G925F touch key disabler should work properly now
    USB tethering fixed

Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler is working, meaning on-screen buttons and gestural navigation can be selected
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Initial Release for flat models