Search This thread

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
Hello! Can someone please enlighten me which Gapps version is the right one?
I've tried 10 different ones, none of them could be installed for me so far.
Unfortunately, I have this problem every time I have a new device in my hand, sorry.
try Nikkgapps.com
new releases soon, a substantial update hopefully
Easy bro take all the time you need , I just wanted to greet you and let u know that both S6 and Edge are rocking it on your builds .. never random reboots stable as a rock

kont0mat

Nov 24, 2013
nikgapps has worked for me and is the easiest way. you can also do some patches to mindthegapps to get that to work too. instructions are in this thread, but the result is the same, so you might as well use nikgapps
The NikGapps actually worked! even on the first try.
Thank you so much, you saved me from more hours of agonizing trial and error!

kont0mat

Nov 24, 2013
I'm really excited how well this 7 year old device runs and that there is actually an up-to-date android for it.
After the Gapps were running I only had to patch safetynet with a magisk module.
Only the pixel launcher crashed constantly, so I didn't had a launcher at first.
Great rom!(y)

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I'm really excited how well this 7 year old device runs and that there is actually an up-to-date android for it.
After the Gapps were running I only had to patch safetynet with a magisk module.
Only the pixel launcher crashed constantly, so I didn't had a launcher at first.
Great rom!(y)
How did you pass the Safetynet check? I've tried Magisk Hide Props as well as Riru but none of them works. The CTS Profile is always broken.

Speaking about the Pixel Launcher,
Well... There is no one. The default launcher is QuickStep.

kont0mat

Nov 24, 2013
How did you pass the Safetynet check? I've tried Magisk Hide Props as well as Riru but none of them works. The CTS Profile is always broken.

Speaking about the Pixel Launcher,
Well... There is no one. The default launcher is QuickStep.
The fact that the launcher always crashed was problematic until I found out that you can also access the options via the dropdown menu, safetynet didn't work, so I couldn't install any other launcher via the store.
I have no idea where this Pixel Launcher app came from, maybe from NikGapps ? There was nothing else I installed.

I solved the Safetynet problem by installing a Magisk module in TWRP and then activating it in Magisk, after which a normal installation of apps via the playstore was possible.
It was this module.
otherwise I only had to activate "Zygisk" in Magisk.
I didn't had to adjust or activate anything else in the Magisk either.

Last edited:

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
The fact that the launcher always crashed was problematic until I found out that you can also access the options via the dropdown menu, safetynet didn't work, so I couldn't install any other launcher via the store.
I have no idea where this Pixel Launcher app came from, maybe from NikGapps ? There was nothing else I installed.

I solved the Safetynet problem by installing a Magisk module in TWRP and then activating it in Magisk, after which a normal installation of apps via the playstore was possible.
It was this module.
otherwise I only had to activate "Zygisk" in Magisk.
I didn't had to adjust or activate anything else in the Magisk either.
Wait wha- What type of NikGapps did you flash? Was it stock? You can try using Systemless Lawnchair 12 as an launcher. It's still in alpha so it is quite laggy but its mostly fine.

kont0mat

Nov 24, 2013
Wait wha- What type of NikGapps did you flash? Was it stock? You can try using Systemless Lawnchair 12 as an launcher. It's still in alpha so it is quite laggy but its mostly fine.
NikGapps-tasinkhan-arm64-12.1-20221002-signed.zip
The Quickstep Launcher is not available for me to choose from, as if it had never been installed
I don't know what went wrong with my installation.
Whatever. it doesn't matter anyway, I can open magisk via the options to patch safetynet and therefore don't need a launcher to install a launcher.
I will try Systemless Lawnchair 12, nova just ****s me off at the moment.
Nova was simply the first app I installed from the store to test whether safetynet is now working.

Attachments

• lncher.jpg
    lncher.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
NikGapps-tasinkhan-arm64-12.1-20221002-signed.zip
The Quickstep Launcher is not available for me to choose from, as if it had never been installed
I don't know what went wrong with my installation.
Whatever. it doesn't matter anyway, I can open magisk via the options to patch safetynet and therefore don't need a launcher to install a launcher.
I will try Systemless Lawnchair 12, nova just ****s me off at the moment.
Nova was simply the first app I installed from the store to test whether safetynet is now working.
Probably must be because of the type of gapps you had flashed... I personally use Basic.

Also, Idk what are you trying to say but we can install apps from play store even if the safetycheck isn't passing.

Reactions: Concept48

ZakMcRofl2

Mar 12, 2022
Just wanted to report back, the device does empty relatively quickly. I was attributing it to me testing it in the basement with bad reception, but this time it was in the middle of a larger city. Battery usage in standby/flight mode is very good.
It never got its battery replaced, that could also be the cause.

Are there going to be any changes in regards to battery usage in the new release? Any tests you can recommend me to debug this further?

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Just wanted to report back, the device does empty relatively quickly. I was attributing it to me testing it in the basement with bad reception, but this time it was in the middle of a larger city. Battery usage in standby/flight mode is very good.
It never got its battery replaced, that could also be the cause.

Are there going to be any changes in regards to battery usage in the new release? Any tests you can recommend me to debug this further?
The next update does have Pixel Power HAL functioning. So, theoretically speaking, it should improve the battery life a bit.

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
New builds for October (finally)

The major changes from the last release include:
  • Synced with LineageOS sources
  • Swapped to EQ1 kernel based on S6 Nougat firmware. However due to last minute issues, only necessary features were added.
  • Added and enabled ZRAM with lz4, improves general usability
  • Graphics should be slightly smoother
  • AOD now has acceptable brightness, better implementation later
  • Added Heart Rate Monitor permission
  • Switched to new Pixel Power HAL from hw/samsung
  • Fingerprint reader fixed (ty @ArmashOnXDA for the help)
  • Added basic vibration intensity control
  • Overall system responsiveness improved
  • G925F touch key disabler should work properly now
  • USB tethering fixed
Download for G920/925F here:
If you would like a pre-modified MindTheGapps that flashes properly, it is also available here:
NikGapps should still work for those who want a lighter experience.

Report any issues on github with relevant info.

Further elaborating on kernel issues:
My plan was to release a highly modified EQ1 kernel, however there were some oddities I discovered last minute in testing which made me not want to release it. I will fix it and release it later, but I wanted a new release out by today. Sorry for the disappointment :>

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
  • WiFi/Hotspot
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint
  • HWC
What's not working:
  • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
  • You tell me
Download Link:
LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
Beta/Testing

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
Last release: 07/10/2022

If you would like to support me , visit my donation page.

Thanks to:
Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
Armashonxda - help with fingerprint issues
New October releases are up , however the build for G925F is not booting , the G920F is perfect ..so check it brother @fakemanoan

Last edited:

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
Reactions: Concept48

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When is the next update coming out?? Really excited for it!!
    I might have something ready by next week
    New Lineage OS releases for Novemeber. Major changes include:
    - Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    - UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    - Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    - ZRAM values tweaked
    - Added experimental aptX
    - Added experimental freeform windows
    - Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    - Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    - New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    - OpenCL fixed
    - Source now lives at https://github.com/samsungexynos7420
    - Fixed GPS rollover bug

Download G920 and G925F versions here:

Why was this release delayed?
    I planned to have oreo graphics working, and although they work just fine, our HWC was actually broken, going all the way back to the first lineage 18.1 that was released. I could have released the r22p graphics in a working state, and we would get a nice performance bump in benchmarks, but HWC would still broken. I think a smoother UI is better in this case.

In order to get the faster r22p graphics, I need to rebuild from source, the current prebuilts simply dont support it. Our current source needs fixing up to get HWC working. So...

If anyone reading this knows of someone who can help us fix our HWC, please let me know. Thanks!
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi/Hotspot
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint
    • HWC
    What's not working:
    • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
    • SELinux Permissive
    • You tell me
    Download Link:
    LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
    Beta/Testing

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
    Last release: 22/11/2022

If you would like to support me , visit my donation page.

Thanks to:
    Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
    html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
    enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armashonxda - help with fingerprint issues
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here:
    Hi thanks all for the reports. I'll see if I can work on a fix for the call issues along with official support for W8 models.

I am still working on the project, so dont worry about that, but just expect a small delay between releases while I sort some stuff out.
    ROM works like a charm for now uptime 12 hrs Plus no RR (random Reboots) etc here a promotional video
    I have echo in phone calls!
    Echoing in calls has been a problem for Samsung devices for a long time. Not aware of a fix as of yet. But using some old mixer_paths tweaks, the problem can be mitigated somewhat

My banking/other apps arent working!
    Chances are this is due to SafetyNet failing. In order to get SafetyNet to pass, you need to root your device with magisk, and install several magisk modules. This should fix the issue. However, SafetyNet will not natively pass due to invalid build fingerprints and SELinux permissive. It has been this way for a long time on the S6, and I might be able to get it working again, but it will take time. Use the above workaround for the time being

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    This is a bug on a lot of samsung devices. The native AOSP camera app does not properly sync the flash, however using third party camera applications does not have this issue, so until this problem is resolved use third party camera app, like GCam.

I have a problem not on this list!
    Post relevant problem and debugging information (ie logcat, last_kmesg, syslog etc) here or on github
    Use an app like Syslog and attach logs. If I don't have logs, the chances of me fixing it is low.

What devices are currently supported?
    Currently the G920F and G925F are supported.
    ROMs for the Canadian and Sprint models will come later

If you want to see the project improve, help by contributing code on GitHub!

Changelog:
    Synced with LineageOS sources, we have novemeber security updates
    UI performance dramatically improved due to prebuilt HWC components
    Bluetooth audio fixed, we were building 64bit HAL for some reason
    ZRAM values tweaked
    Added experimental aptX
    Added experimental freeform windows
    Core hotplugging disabled, causes issue with BT audio when screen is off
    Swapped to LE video codecs for now
    New power saver mode - 4 small cores, 2 big cores, tweaked frequencies (jank implementation lol)
    OpenCL fixed
    Fixed GPS rollover bug

Fixed S6 Edge not booting (weird kernel glitch)
    Modified powerhints.json

Synced with LineageOS sources
    Swapped to EQ1 kernel based on S6 Nougat firmware. However due to last minute issues, only necessary features were added.
    Added and enabled ZRAM with lz4, improves general usability
    Graphics should be slightly smoother
    AOD now has acceptable brightness, better implementation later
    Added Heart Rate Monitor permission
    Switched to new Pixel Power HAL from hw/samsung
    Fingerprint reader fixed (ty @ArmashOnXDA for the help)
    Added basic vibration intensity control
    Overall system responsiveness improved
    G925F touch key disabler should work properly now
    USB tethering fixed

Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler is working, meaning on-screen buttons and gestural navigation can be selected
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Initial Release for flat models