Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
2okPze5 (1).png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps).

Based off the Exynos7420 organization source code.

Current issues:
  • VoLTE, WiFi Calling - proprietary Samsung implementation won't work under Lineage
  • Bluetooth audio in calls
  • SELinux Permissive
Download Link:
GitHub Pages site

Alternatively for historical downloads:
LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Donations:
If you are a fan of my work and want to show some support, visit my ko-fi donation page:
https://ko-fi.com/fakemanoan

This supports the project and helps me to fund other devices, such as S6 Edge+ and Note 5.

Version Information:
Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
Last release: 20/08/2023

Thanks to:
K9100ii - various kernel patches used
html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
enesuzun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
Armash - help with fingerprint issues
ivanmeler - lineage patches, linaro bsp patches
People who bug test the device just to improve the project. Appreciate the help!

Last edited:

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
Supported Devices:
Refer to: https://github.com/fakemanoan/LineageOS-Releases/blob/lineage-19.1-7420/compatability.md

Reporting a bug
If you are experiencing a bug or issue with my ROM, open a Github issue with AT LEAST:
1) A description of the issue
2) Version of lineage you are running (ie. Android version, date of build)
3) Include a logcat, bugreport, dmesg, or last_kmsg when the issue occurs, whatever is necessary
4) Provide ALL necessary information

Do not report a bug if you are:
  • running a custom kernel
  • using an unsupported device or build i did not create
  • the issue is already known about (VoLTE for example)
  • is a generic lineageos issue/request (asking me to change a default launcher for example).
Read the FAQ and see if your answer is in there!

FAQ:
I have echo in phone calls!

Samsung devices have echoing issues in LineageOS. The problem can be mitigated with mixer_paths.xml tweaks, which I have done to the best of my ability.

My banking/other apps aren't working!
Chances are this is due to your device failing attestation checks.

Certain apps need your device to pass Play Integrity API. This is a test to see whether or not your device can be trusted. Currently, our device is not trustworthy due to SELinux Permissive, among other issues. In the meantime, you can install Play Integrity bypass modules in Magisk to get around this limitation mostly. Refer to general XDA threads for these issues.

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
The stock camera app won't sync the flash at the right time. However, other camera apps are reported to work fine. For example, GCam Go is a good alternative that is known to work on our device.

My phone shuts off randomly and when I plug it in, it is at 0%!
Your battery is severely degraded and needs replacing. This is not an issue with the ROM.

When is the next release?
The next release will come out when it is ready

I have a problem not on this list!
Refer to reporting a bug

Last edited:

TomTran1408

Aug 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Good news, I just have a bootloop on my S6 so I did a factory reset so there's nothing on my phone right now (Nothing to worry because I backed up all my data into laptop already). Might try it in tommorow. This phone is my main phone currently so I'll test on it :)

Reactions: Concept48

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

After a long wait, here is Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S6! Though it is a beta with some issues, I figure I release it.

Based on the Exynos7420 source code.

What's working:
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
  • WiFi/Hotspot
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • HWC
What's not working:
  • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff
  • Fingerprint
  • You tell me
Download Link:

Source Code:

Version Information:
Beta/Testing

Last release: 23/08/2022

Thanks to:
Talu(atgithub) - various patches used
enezusun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
All Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
Congratulations !1 You are the man !

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Will the Edge models be supported? (G925)
Yes, but for the moment just flat models whilst everything gets sorted.

Echoing in calls has been a problem for Samsung devices for a long time. Not aware of a fix as of yet.

I have a problem!
Post relevant problem and debugging information (ie logcat, last_kmesg etc) here or on github

If you want to see the project improve , help by contributing code!

Changelog:

Initial Release for flat models
Paypal link?

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
I,m installing now /sucess/ Reboot /after 18 cycles booted up / setting up /and I,m inn . waw I waited sooo long for this to happen .
You don't wanna know how happy we are ,,The S6 is making it's comeback - THANK YOU !!
Glad to hear it works for you. I'll be working on some other releases soon (tm), probably crdroid, pixel experience and others (any suggestions?).

Check the OP

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
ROM works like a charm for now uptime 12 hrs Plus no RR (random Reboots) etc here a promotional video
appreciate the support! :)

Damnnnnnnnnn that's so coolllll!!!! I can't wait for S6 edge (zeroltexx) to get the update. Any estimate as to when will G925 get the update?
dont hold me to this, but (hopefully) i plan to have all s6 variants with an A12L release by the end of the week, including W8 variants.

I still can't get the fingerprint sensor working properly. I don't want to keep the releases back if that doesn't work though, as everything else appears to work fine.

After I release the new builds, i'll try get SELinux to enforcing, DT2W and the new pixel power HAL working. We'll see how that goes lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, how does OTA update work so that I can update from March version to April version? Can it be performed within Android or TWRP is needed?
    Seems there was an issue on previous builds relating to camera firmwares. This has been resolved in this build:

Note: If you didn't have an issue with cameras, you dont need to update
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    2okPze5 (1).png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps).

Based off the Exynos7420 organization source code.

Current issues:
    • VoLTE, WiFi Calling - proprietary Samsung implementation won't work under Lineage
    • Bluetooth audio in calls
    • SELinux Permissive
    Download Link:
    GitHub Pages site

Alternatively for historical downloads:

Donations:
    If you are a fan of my work and want to show some support, visit my ko-fi donation page:
    https://ko-fi.com/fakemanoan

This supports the project and helps me to fund other devices, such as S6 Edge+ and Note 5.

Version Information:
    Source Code:

Last release: 20/08/2023

Thanks to:
    K9100ii - various kernel patches used
    enesuzun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armash - help with fingerprint issues
    ivanmeler - lineage patches, linaro bsp patches
    People who bug test the device just to improve the project. Appreciate the help!
    Supported Devices:
    Refer to: https://github.com/fakemanoan/LineageOS-Releases/blob/lineage-19.1-7420/compatability.md

Reporting a bug
    If you are experiencing a bug or issue with my ROM, open a Github issue with AT LEAST:
    1) A description of the issue
    2) Version of lineage you are running (ie. Android version, date of build)
    3) Include a logcat, bugreport, dmesg, or last_kmsg when the issue occurs, whatever is necessary
    4) Provide ALL necessary information

Do not report a bug if you are:
    • running a custom kernel
    • using an unsupported device or build i did not create
    • the issue is already known about (VoLTE for example)
    • is a generic lineageos issue/request (asking me to change a default launcher for example).
    Read the FAQ and see if your answer is in there!

FAQ:

Samsung devices have echoing issues in LineageOS. The problem can be mitigated with mixer_paths.xml tweaks, which I have done to the best of my ability.

My banking/other apps aren't working!
    Chances are this is due to your device failing attestation checks.

Certain apps need your device to pass Play Integrity API. This is a test to see whether or not your device can be trusted. Currently, our device is not trustworthy due to SELinux Permissive, among other issues. In the meantime, you can install Play Integrity bypass modules in Magisk to get around this limitation mostly. Refer to general XDA threads for these issues.

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    The stock camera app won't sync the flash at the right time. However, other camera apps are reported to work fine. For example, GCam Go is a good alternative that is known to work on our device.

My phone shuts off randomly and when I plug it in, it is at 0%!
    Your battery is severely degraded and needs replacing. This is not an issue with the ROM.

When is the next release?
    The next release will come out when it is ready

I have a problem not on this list!
    Refer to reporting a bug
    New lineage os 19 releases
    Major changes include:
    • Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    • Removed AudioFX as a test
    Download here:

Enjoy for now :)

New builds for G920F and G925F devices​

Major changes from last release include:
    • Synced with LineageOS sources (May '23 security patch)
    • Swapped to linaro BSP for some HWC components
      • Provides updated code for our device (better UI/performance)
    • Update precompiled OMX blobs (linaro ones dont work currently), modified to work in vendor/
    • Move most stuff to /vendor (finally)
    • Set minimum clock speed in non-power saver mode to 400MHz for A53 cores
    • GPU now looks for hi-speed load
    • Other misc kernel improvements
    • Update seccomp policies
    • Memfd legacy patches added (as we arent on kernel 3.18 or newer)
    • LPM kanged from 8890q
    • Misc changes to props
    Download link:

Enjoy!

Working on a new kernel for LineageOS 20.0 builds, hopefully will get that out soon (tm), but I've been busy doing other things. Source code for the linaro sources, as well as updated device stuff will be up in a few days.

G920W8 (zerofltecan) users can test a build from last month for their device. Currently LTE data wont work, but in APN settings, toggling IPv4 and IPv4/IPv6 is a temporary work around.
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here: