Search This thread

Windows_95

Jan 1, 2018
Any chance of a port to G920I at some point? I've got one and just wondering if it might be feasible to port it over to this device at some point. It uses the same hardware, so hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult, but it would be nice to give this older device a new life with this ROM. Thanks.

Windows_95

Jan 1, 2018
Any chance of a port to G920I at some point? I've got one and just wondering if it might be feasible to port it over to this device at some point. It uses the same hardware, so hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult, but it would be nice to give this older device a new life with this ROM. Thanks.
Update - I flashed the ROM onto my G920I and it works fine. No stability or functionality problems to note so far. Great ROM.

Rokil

Jun 20, 2016
Today i installed the latest rom with the MindTheGapps zip. I get a good wifi connection and with ookla via chrome i got a downloadspeed of 323Mb on my 350Mb internet.
The google play store says it needs a internet connection to proceed, but i allready got a internet connection. The play store won't open so far, because it says i don't have a internet connection.
I want to use the S6 for android auto, so i need android auto with google maps. What can i do?

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
New releases for G920F & G925F
Changes since last release: (mostly kernel changes)
- Synced with LineageOS sources (Feb 2023 security update)
- Back on Nougat kernel for now
- So edge models should be able to disable hw buttons without issue
- Added FB notifier for touchscreen and touchkey - touchkeys no longer vibrate when screen is off
- Added CPU/GPU voltage control. Use hkTweaks to undervolt. (at your own risk)
- Added BFQ i/o scheduler
- Added Dynamic F-Sync (from anans cronos kernel)
- Wireguard VPN support
- Battery store_mode support
- Hwbinder for sensors, memtrack, renderscript, GNSS
- uprev BT audio hal to 2.1
- Fixed headphone jack being too loud
- AdvancedDisplay added
- Logs no longer spammed with errors about CPUs being online. Moved to a less jank way of disabling cores on power saver. You can control amount of cores online by editing the value in /sys/power/cpucore_max_num_limit (8 = all cores online, 4 = all big cores disabled etc)

Misc changes:
- Source code moved to samsungexynos7420. Please build from there.
- 7420_patches cleaned up, a lot werent needed.
- Using protobuf 2.6 now instead of 2.4 - precompiled and included in vendor
- Newer aptX from crosshatch
- secril blobs from latest official nougat
- ZRAM settings changed a bit, nothing big

Current issues:
Audio server crashing in calls seemingly randomly (?)
GPSD crashing when trying to use it
SELinux permissive

If you know how to fix these issues, reach out :)

might work on android 13, not quite sure yet since GPS isnt working. would prefer to fix that before doing anything relating to a13.

DL:

Last edited:

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
- Added FB notifier for touchscreen and touchkey - touchkeys no longer vibrate when screen is off
- Wireguard VPN support
- AdvancedDisplay added
- Logs no longer spammed with errors about CPUs being online. Moved to a less jank way of disabling cores on power saver. You can control amount of cores online by editing the value in /sys/power/cpucore_max_num_limit (8 = all cores online, 4 = all big cores disabled etc)

Misc changes:

Current issues:
SELinux permissive

might work on android 13, not quite sure yet since GPS isnt working. would prefer to fix that before doing anything relating to a13.

DL:
Thanks for your hard work!

nthski

Jan 27, 2023
- Wireguard VPN support
- AdvancedDisplay added

Misc changes:

Current issues:
SELinux permissive

DL:
thanks for update and for working so hard for this we are very appricate but one thing we concern is about call randomly crashing sometimes no sounds i cant hear them sometimes they cant hear me hope this issue will fix thanks

bob07xda

Dec 22, 2014
Hi how do i get to twrp without home button?
I only installed it to AP in odin but can't reach it
thanks a lot!

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel 5a
New releases for G920F and G925F!

Major changes since last release:
  • GPS works now
  • Fixed regression where mobile data wouldn't work (need different patches for netd/bpf for some reason)
  • HRM/SPO2 works semi-properly now due to a missing SPO2 permission (taken from universal5433).
  • ZRAM reduced to 800mb for now
Download here:

Enjoy!

Note:
The GPS fix currently is patching libsensor to add back the previous createEventQueue implementation that was used in Android 11. It is more of a temporary workaround than a fix. A better implementation will come later.

Android 13 is being worked on. Look out on the XDA forums for a release in the coming weeks!

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022

• GPS works now
  • Fixed regression where mobile data wouldn't work (need different patches for netd/bpf for some reason)
  • HRM/SPO2 works semi-properly now due to a missing SPO2 permission (taken from universal5433).
Download here:

Enjoy!

Note:
The GPS fix currently is patching libsensor to add back the previous createEventQueue implementation that was used in Android 11. It is more of a temporary workaround than a fix. A better implementation will come later.

Android 13 is being worked on. Look out on the XDA forums for a release in the coming weeks!

gps is working well, thank you man.

Reactions: BOTUS

TomTran1408

Aug 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6

• GPS works now
Download here:

Enjoy!

Note:

it's nice to see you working on A13. Looking forward to try this

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022

• GPS works now
Download here:

Enjoy!

Note:

yesterday evening ive charged my phone to 100%, turned on AOD then this morning the phone is on 3% battery. the batterypack is pretty new (4 months).
ive noticed on the previous rom that it discharged fast (even without AOD) but when battery saver was on, it discharged way slower, like normally.
yesterday ive dirty flashed this new rom, gps works now but this battery drain is just crazy.

i am not sure if its because of something unoptimalized in the rom itself, or just because of AOD since this phone officially doesnt support this feature.

what is your opinion OP?

Rokil

Jun 20, 2016
GPS is working fine and Google Maps is great like this. So thnx for the great work @fakemanoan !
The downside of this rom, is that Android Auto isn't working. When i connect the S6 to my car i get error 22. I Googled it and it is because Android Auto is not built in this rom. Is it possible to built it in?
I downloaded Android Auto from the PlayStore, but that makes no difference. Also another/full version of NikGapps doesn't help.

BOTUS

Sep 11, 2009
Supported Devices:
G920F
G925F

[/SPOILER]

thanks for your continued dev of this rom, and for a thorough page of info on the release notes :)
looking at the downloads, not sure which is for which device though?

lineage-19.1-20230225-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip ?

lineage-19.1-20230225-UNOFFICIAL-zeroltexx.zip ?

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022
thanks for your continued dev of this rom, and for a thorough page of info on the release notes :)
looking at the downloads, not sure which is for which device though?

lineage-19.1-20230225-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip ?

lineage-19.1-20230225-UNOFFICIAL-zeroltexx.zip ?
ive installed the first one for my G920F, i hope this helps.

Reactions: BOTUS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New release for the Galaxy S6/Edge!
    Changes since last build:

• Sync LineageOS sources
    • Merge April 2024 ASB
    • Reclaim 210MB of RAM from hack we no longer need
    • Fixed UI lag when memory pressure is high
    • Ported over CMA/MM stuff from 7580, way better multitasking
    • Fixed AOD not working
    • Enabled Stackprotector
    Download here:

Note:
    Users with a SIM lock on their SIM card may not be able to use their service. If you experience this issue, flash this build and remove the SIM lock in settings -> security -> SIM lock until the problem is fixed:

https://github.com/fakemanoan/LineageOS-Releases/releases/tag/A12L-20022024

(or remove the SIM lock on another device)

The problem stems from the new RIL blobs, which are required to remove some build hacks and fix in call audio being weird.

Enjoy!
    Hello, how does OTA update work so that I can update from March version to April version? Can it be performed within Android or TWRP is needed?
    Seems there was an issue on previous builds relating to camera firmwares. This has been resolved in this build:

Note: If you didn't have an issue with cameras, you dont need to update
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    2okPze5 (1).png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps).

Based off the Exynos7420 organization source code.

Current issues:
    • VoLTE, WiFi Calling - proprietary Samsung implementation won't work under Lineage
    • Bluetooth audio in calls
    • SELinux Permissive
    Download Link:
    GitHub Pages site

Alternatively for historical downloads:
    LineageOS Releases on my GitHub

Donations:
    If you are a fan of my work and want to show some support, visit my ko-fi donation page:
    https://ko-fi.com/fakemanoan

This supports the project and helps me to fund other devices, such as S6 Edge+ and Note 5.

Version Information:
    Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

ROM creation date: 23/08/2022
    Last release: 20/08/2023

Thanks to:
    K9100ii - various kernel patches used
    html6405 and rinando - various lineageos patches used
    enesuzun2002 - original exynos7420 source code, without him and his work, none of this would really be possible
    Exynos7420/universal7420 contributors
    Armash - help with fingerprint issues
    ivanmeler - lineage patches, linaro bsp patches
    People who bug test the device just to improve the project. Appreciate the help!
    Supported Devices:
    Refer to: https://github.com/fakemanoan/LineageOS-Releases/blob/lineage-19.1-7420/compatability.md

Reporting a bug
    If you are experiencing a bug or issue with my ROM, open a Github issue with AT LEAST:
    1) A description of the issue
    2) Version of lineage you are running (ie. Android version, date of build)
    3) Include a logcat, bugreport, dmesg, or last_kmsg when the issue occurs, whatever is necessary
    4) Provide ALL necessary information

Do not report a bug if you are:
    • running a custom kernel
    • using an unsupported device or build i did not create
    • the issue is already known about (VoLTE for example)
    • is a generic lineageos issue/request (asking me to change a default launcher for example).
    Read the FAQ and see if your answer is in there!

FAQ:
    I have echo in phone calls!

Samsung devices have echoing issues in LineageOS. The problem can be mitigated with mixer_paths.xml tweaks, which I have done to the best of my ability.

My banking/other apps aren't working!
    Chances are this is due to your device failing attestation checks.

Certain apps need your device to pass Play Integrity API. This is a test to see whether or not your device can be trusted. Currently, our device is not trustworthy due to SELinux Permissive, among other issues. In the meantime, you can install Play Integrity bypass modules in Magisk to get around this limitation mostly. Refer to general XDA threads for these issues.

My camera wont flash properly when taking a picture
    The stock camera app won't sync the flash at the right time. However, other camera apps are reported to work fine. For example, GCam Go is a good alternative that is known to work on our device.

My phone shuts off randomly and when I plug it in, it is at 0%!
    Your battery is severely degraded and needs replacing. This is not an issue with the ROM.

When is the next release?
    The next release will come out when it is ready

I have a problem not on this list!
    Refer to reporting a bug
    New lineage os 19 releases
    Major changes include:
    • Synced with lineage sources - android december security update
    • Removed AudioFX as a test
    Download here:

Enjoy for now :)

New builds for G920F and G925F devices​

Major changes from last release include:
    • Synced with LineageOS sources (May '23 security patch)
    • Swapped to linaro BSP for some HWC components
      • Provides updated code for our device (better UI/performance)
    • Update precompiled OMX blobs (linaro ones dont work currently), modified to work in vendor/
    • Move most stuff to /vendor (finally)
    • Set minimum clock speed in non-power saver mode to 400MHz for A53 cores
    • GPU now looks for hi-speed load
    • Other misc kernel improvements
    • Update seccomp policies
    • Memfd legacy patches added (as we arent on kernel 3.18 or newer)
    • LPM kanged from 8890q
    • Misc changes to props
    Download link:

Enjoy!

Working on a new kernel for LineageOS 20.0 builds, hopefully will get that out soon (tm), but I've been busy doing other things. Source code for the linaro sources, as well as updated device stuff will be up in a few days.

G920W8 (zerofltecan) users can test a build from last month for their device. Currently LTE data wont work, but in APN settings, toggling IPv4 and IPv4/IPv6 is a temporary work around.
    new releases

Major changes include:
    Initial G925F release
    AOD enabled
    Keydisabler
    Reduced default display density to compensate for A12's new UI

Bugs:
    Fingerprint doesnt work

Download here: