[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][OTA][Material You][Signature Spoofing][Open Source][Encryption] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys!
I'm having trouble with the "Google Text To Speech Engine" on this Rom. The app won't launch and crashes all the time.
Previously I was using the Google TTS with LineageOS 18.1 and microG without any problems. However, it does not work with LineageOS 19!

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!
Did you clean flash lineage OS? Also did you you install the the firmware for Lineage 19?

Did you clean flash lineage OS? Also did you you install the the firmware for Lineage 19?
Yes I have done everything exactly according to the instructions with Linux / Heimdall. Everything worked perfectly and
it runs surprisingly well and relatively stable, but not Google TTS. I think it can not be due to MicroG, because it worked great before with Lineage 18.1.
I will try it again after further updates, because it seems to be due to Lineage 19.

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
Can anyone explain to me why my Gcam can't do 60fps at all? (Black screen the second I only switch the settings to 60fps).
Hedgecam and Open camera can do 1080p and 60fps but not 4k60fps (instant crash when starting video).

Android 12 firmware installed, tried another clean flash too, same problem was on lineage of Os 18 I think, but not sure anymore.

Camera2Probe says target fps 30 (as highest). But that would be false because at least the other cams day that I can record 60fps and also let me (and it looks like 60 too)

Would be really happy if someone could help :)

mecaskey

Jan 1, 2011
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hey All - on Ivan's, which is great, but see more development activity here. Am a bit anxious about all the sideloading--ROM, GAPS and constraints of the Magisk branch. I appreciate Dev's issues w/TWRP, and position on support. Still any practical experience or insight on operational/functional implications shifting around between TWRP and LOS recovery would be appreciated. Thanks Community!

Can anyone explain to me why my Gcam can't do 60fps at all? (Black screen the second I only switch the settings to 60fps).
Hedgecam and Open camera can do 1080p and 60fps but not 4k60fps (instant crash when starting video).

Android 12 firmware installed, tried another clean flash too, same problem was on lineage of Os 18 I think, but not sure anymore.

Camera2Probe says target fps 30 (as highest). But that would be false because at least the other cams day that I can record 60fps and also let me (and it looks like 60 too)

Would be really happy if someone could help :)
Hey, you might find more help here because this community is exclusively about GCam (link to Telegram below). It always depends on which version you are using and with which OS. I always had big problems with GCam in combination with LineageOS 18.1 regarding wide angle and front camera. With LineageOS 19 all cameras work now.

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
Hey, you might find more help here because this community is exclusively about GCam (link to Telegram below). It always depends on which version you are using and with which OS. I always had big problems with GCam in combination with LineageOS 18.1 regarding wide angle and front camera. With LineageOS 19 all cameras work now.

Thank you, gonna have a look these days!:)

ig2205

Sep 4, 2013
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 103

ig2205

Sep 4, 2013
I do everything as instructed and can't get anything else.
After flashing, I press the volume down and power button for 7 seconds, when the screen is black I press the volume up, bixby, power, and plug it into my computer.

serega65sc

Nov 22, 2013
Hey! After a whole day of using the phone, the splash screen on the lock screen disappears?

Attachments

• 9b4ce0c1-add3-4cbc-9069-e7ab2730dab3.jpg
    9b4ce0c1-add3-4cbc-9069-e7ab2730dab3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 80

ig2205

Sep 4, 2013
When I change the name of recovery.img to recovery.tar using 7z, odin does not upload the file. Another program has changed its name to .tar.md5 and then everything works. How to understand?

Hi, yes, iam running lineageOS 19 with latest microG.
How did you install microG?
I tried to install MinMicroG-Standard-2.11.1-20220202153527.zip, but get:
!!! FATAL ERROR: No chcon available

I just bought a used s10e which already had latest stock Android 12 installed.

My steps were as follows:
  • unlock bootloader according instrustions
  • flash lineage-19.0-20220129-recovery-beyond0lte.img with heimdall
  • reboot to recovery
  • format data / factory reset
  • sideload lineage-19.0-20220129-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip
  • sideload lygisk v23.015
  • sideload MinMicroG-Standard-2.11.1-20220202153527.zip
    • results in fatal error
  • sideload lygisk
  • reboot to system
  • basic setup steps
  • LOS seems to work
  • lygisk stated it needs a restart
  • restart to LOS
  • boot to recovery
    • results in fatal error

How did you install microG?
I tried to install MinMicroG-Standard-2.11.1-20220202153527.zip, but get:

I just bought a used s10e which already had latest stock Android 12 installed.

My steps were as follows:
  • unlock bootloader according instrustions
  • flash lineage-19.0-20220129-recovery-beyond0lte.img with heimdall
  • reboot to recovery
  • format data / factory reset
  • sideload lygisk v23.015
    • results in fatal error
  • sideload lygisk
  • reboot to system
  • basic setup steps
  • LOS seems to work
  • lygisk stated it needs a restart
  • restart to LOS
  • boot to recovery
    • results in fatal error
I'm now using the "official" Lineage OS 18.1 MicroG version and looks good so far. Still curious how to install MicroG on this version.

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
Just updated without any data loss from Linux4 LOS 18.1 unofficial to this 19.0 build.
No wipe at all, I just flashed firmware, then recovery, lineageos, gapps, lygisk.
No issues so far. Thanks!

Reactions: Linux4

albiboard

Jun 10, 2013
Thank you for this awesome build!

Im facing 2 issues:
-Im not able to install the app "Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear)
Error: The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way, and is not compatible with the Samsung Gear app.

-Call Quality over Bluetooth is really bad (tested in Whatsapp). But i think this is a general Android issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed the following (using the most recent update of this rom) which I think might be out of place.
    When going to Settings > About phone > Android version, it shows:
    Android security update: April 5, 2022;
    Vendor security patch level: March 1, 2022.

And when going to Settings > Security, it shows:
    Security Update: April 5, 2022.

But when going to Settings > Privacy > Trust, it shows:
    Android security patches: A few months out of date.

Is this correct? And if so, are security patches something different than security updates, and is there a way to update these?
    Or is this just showing incorrectly and are the security patches up to date?
    Asking because I would like to have up to date security wherever possible.

That's most likely because you're using some (unsupported!) module to spoof props in order to pass safetynet, because no they are not.
    Congrats @Linux4 for version 19.1 going official. I see 19.1 builds appearing for most S10 devices on the official website today.
    Please let me join in - thank you @Linux4 for your efforts!

Is it reasonable to assume that updating from official LOS 18.1 to official LOS 19.1 works without wiping data?
    you don't have to uninstall the apk in the system, just flash it, with these two ways (by the way, magisk is also only installed correctly via the recovery)
    Got it. I will reinstall the APK from git hub. Appreciate the help and will probably circle back in case I need a more foolproof guide. LOL.

Edit: Thank you for your help! It worked after sideloading it.
    Somewhere is was mentioned by dev, that there will be no further work on increasing call volume. So I posted in general forum section question, if anyone knows how to increase it let me know.
    Search this thread itself. Mixer path gain values needs to be updated (requires root). Hope it helps
    That requires root permission with Lygisk or similar, then ACC (Advanced Charge Controller) installed then the AccA frontend app to easily change the charge settings. I'm sure there are tutorial videos about it. It's not specific to the Galaxy S10. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/mattecarra.accapp/

Alternatively, the developer included the option to charge the phone slowly in the settings. You might find that to be enough to not need to mess with gaining root permission.

A trick which I use for charging overnight is to plug a slow charger into a wall outlet with a timer switch set to switch on around 2 am. When I wake up in the morning, the phone is typically around 95%. Only drawback is if the phone is really low battery before going to bed and dies before the charger kicks in. Then the alarm won't work! Switching on flight mode helps with that issue.
    I already disabled the fast charging. But on a average day, I only use arround 60%, so charging to 80% of even 70% would be fine

Actually, it doesn't require Lygisk of ACC. I can also disable it using ADB root, so inplementing this as a system setting shouldn't be that hard?
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • DO NOT Report bugs while having Magisk installed (especially with Zygisk enabled)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820/tree/lineage-19.1
    Requirements:
    • Any Q, R or S based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Bixby and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and Lygisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    As this ROM has a working ramdisk sideloading the magisk apk is enough, just as it is
    on every other device, no bootimage with magisk included or installing to recovery is needed!
    I also strongly recommend to use Lygisk instead,
    which is a fork of Magisk that aims to improve support for devices with FBE that can't (and shouldn't anyways!) decrypt userdata in recovery,
    this will also fix OTAs getting stuck while having installed Magisk.
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel
    • All cameras are working
    • Ramdisk is working

Known issues

• VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • LineageOS specific features like livedisplay (for now)
    • You tell me
    HI Linux4,
    Just a "little"question, when are we going to become official, do you have an idea?
    Thank you in advance for your answer and especially for all your work !

19.0 is in general not even close to an official release at this point, all I can tell you is, if we're not running into bigger issues (and currently we don't seem to) S10/N10 Series might be in the first batch of devices to get official 19.x once it's ready.
    Please don't ask for a more specific ETA because I can't give one.