[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1_r22][STABLE][picasso] crDroid v8.10

Search This thread

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok

New stable update is up!

NOTE: I've created a TG chat, so that you will get notified whenever a new build from my part is released, and also direct support from me! Join here

Changelog 27-09-2022:

- Bump to crDroid 8.9 and September 2022 security patch.
- Switch to Xiaomi libperfmgr.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build should be fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash. If you face weird issues on the build, please try doing a clean flash before reporting anything!

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it to this thread. Also try sending logs for reporting bugs!

I just flashed the updated 8.9 crDroid. So far nothing error happening. Feel more smooth than the previous one.

Screenshot_20221001-111541_Settings.png

Reactions: masemoel

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
By the way, one thing that I have noticed is quick charge is nerf. It used to be at max 2500 mAh. But now it's maxed at 1500 mAh since the new firmware rework. Not sure if it might be subjectively to my phone. Or other phones also get the same QC nerf.

Thank you for best ROM for K30 5G anyways. (y)(y)

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
By the way, one thing that I have noticed is quick charge is nerf. It used to be at max 2500 mAh. But now it's maxed at 1500 mAh since the new firmware rework. Not sure if it might be subjectively to my phone. Or other phones also get the same QC nerf.

Thank you for best ROM for K30 5G anyways. (y)(y)
I know that issue. In the meanwhile, you can use this Magisk module to fix the fast charging (choose the 30W option).

Attachments

• Magisk Fast Charge⚡Version GreenV2.zip
    226.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: siamese007

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
I know that issue. In the meanwhile, you can use this Magisk module to fix the fast charging (choose the 30W option).

Thank you for your suggestion. I cannot root my K30 5G now. I am using Bank apps which do not allow root access. But I just got Mi pad 5 Pro 5G. So Charging at 1500 mAh max is not too bad for me now. I mainly use Mi pad 5 Pro 5G for entertaining purposes.

张永赞

Oct 3, 2022
Redmi K30 5G
Excuse me, what is the role of Xiaomi Firmware and Xiaomi Vendor? If it is used in China, do you need to brush both?

请问,Xiaomi Firmware 和Xiaomi Vendor的作用是什么?在中国使用的话,需要两个都刷吗?

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Excuse me, what is the role of Xiaomi Firmware and Xiaomi Vendor? If it is used in China, do you need to brush both?

From my understanding, vendor is the manufacturer of the device who creates firmware that controls the hardware of the device. In Android 8 or higher, Google dev teams separate system and firmware. And the vendor's firmware term is called vendor in short since this is directly developed by the manufacturer (vendor).

Sometimes independent developers also build firmware for specific purposes for the device. For examples, fix some hardware bugs, run their custom ROMs and so on. Therefore the firmware term may not be developed by the vendor.

Anybody are welcome to correct me.

Reactions: 张永赞

张永赞

Oct 3, 2022
Redmi K30 5G
From my understanding, vendor is the manufacturer of the device who creates firmware that controls the hardware of the device. In Android 8 or higher, Google dev teams separate system and firmware. And the vendor's firmware term is called vendor in short since this is directly developed by the manufacturer (vendor).

Sometimes independent developers also build firmware for specific purposes for the device. For examples, fix some hardware bugs, run their custom ROMs and so on. Therefore the firmware term may not be developed by the vendor.

Anybody are welcome to correct me.
Thank you very much.

Excuse me, how to solve this kind of mistake? "update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list:)"

请问这种错误怎么解决呢?"update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list:)"View attachment 5725973

Excuse me, how to solve this kind of mistake? "update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list:)"
Rom I use: crdroidandroid-11.0-20210501-Picasso-v7.5
The recovery I used: orange fox-Picasso-stable @ r11.1 _ 1.10

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Thank you very much.

请问这种错误怎么解决呢?"update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list:)"View attachment 5725973

Rom I use: crdroidandroid-11.0-20210501-Picasso-v7.5
The recovery I used: orange fox-Picasso-stable @ r11.1 _ 1.10
Format data, reboot to recovery and try again.

As I said you in another thread, read and follow the clean flash instructions from the first post, no matter where you live. Btw, since Android 12, the vendor is already included in the ROM zip.

张永赞

Oct 3, 2022
Redmi K30 5G
Hello, Dear Author. My redmi k30i is currently MIUI11, and the Android version is 10. I want to brush this ROM. Can I upgrade to MIUI13 based on Android 12?

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Hello, Dear Author. My redmi k30i is currently MIUI11, and the Android version is 10. I want to brush this ROM. Can I upgrade to MIUI13 based on Android 12?
Yes, you can. Flash the respective MIUI ROM zip for your picasso48m (that's the codename for K30i 5G) and make a clean flash (with format data).
Btw, this isn't the proper place to ask MIUI questions, please respect the threads.

greed1is9good_xda

Aug 13, 2020
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Flashing Instructions:
Download links:

This ROM is compatible with K30 5G, K30i 5G and K30 5G Racing edition.

Clean flash:
  • Flash latest MIUI firmware.
  • Flash crDroid zip.
  • Flash GApps and Magisk (both optional).
  • Format data. Also wiping cache & dalvik is recommended.
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Update/dirty flash:
  • Flash the new crDroid zip.
  • Flash Magisk and GApps only if their survival script didn't restore them back (they get usually restored after an update if you installed them before).
  • Wipe cache + dalvik cache.
  • Reboot and continue enjoying!

Known issues:
  • You tell me!

Sources:
crDroid
Device tree
Kernel
Vendor

News & support:

Version information:
Android version: 12.1_r22
ROM version: 8.9
Kernel: Linux 4.19.255
Required firmware: MIUI 13 - Android 12.1
Maintainer: masemoel
SELinux status: Enforcing
Security patch level: September 2022
Release date: 2022-09-27
Nice work !
But i don't have MEGA account.
Can you kindly provide a SourceForge download ?
Thank you so much!

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Exactly, you don't need a MEGA account to download any file.
Btw guys, I have build crDroid 9, based on Android 13.
ROM looks stable so far, just some customization settings missing or broken as the source is WIP.
Installation steps are same as Android 12. Magisk works also, and GApps aren't included as always - get them here
For interested people :)

(I will create a new thread further on)

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up! --- EOL!

NOTE: I've created a TG chat, so that you will get notified whenever a new build from my part is released, and also direct support from me! Join here

Changelog 14-10-2022:

- Bump to crDroid 8.10 and October 2022 security patch.
- Pull blobs from MIUI 13.0.3.
- New features from the crDroid team.

This is EOL (End Of Life) build, which means I won't maintain this ROM anymore. From now I will focus on Android 13.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build should be fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash. If you face weird issues on the build, please try doing a clean flash before reporting anything!

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it to this thread. Also try sending logs for reporting bugs!

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok

Changelog 14-10-2022:

This is EOL (End Of Life) build, which means I won't maintain this ROM anymore. From now I will focus on Android 13.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

This new update is very slick. Totally great performance.

dick_vigarista

Dec 9, 2017
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi, I had pixel experience on my device and decided to go to Crdroid because PE is not been updated. After installing this ROM and everything but I read the problem with some apps not showing on the playstore was fixed but i can't find Google chrome and Coin master on the play store for example, what could I have done wrong? Thanks.

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Hi, I had pixel experience on my device and decided to go to Crdroid because PE is not been updated. After installing this ROM and everything but I read the problem with some apps not showing on the playstore was fixed but i can't find Google chrome and Coin master on the play store for example, what could I have done wrong? Thanks.

@dick_vigarista You can use apkpure to download .apk and install this via the apkpure app. I am also doing this for some games that cannot be found or installed on my GSI system of Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G.

dick_vigarista

Dec 9, 2017
Realme GT 2 Pro
Yeah o know but updates don't work so it's nescessary to download again everytime, I'm asking because here in the thread he says it was fixed so I could have done something wrong. Do you still also have this problem on the k30 5g?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New stable update is up!

Changelog 06-09-2022:

- Solved graphics issues on some apps.
    - Added an option to switch the notch style (inside developer options).
    - Switch to Driftwood balanced kernel.
    - Fixed fingerprint issues when turning off the screen.
    - Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Flashing Instructions:
    Download links:

This ROM is compatible with K30 5G, K30i 5G and K30 5G Racing edition.

Clean flash:
    • Flash latest MIUI firmware.
    • Flash crDroid zip.
    • Flash GApps and Magisk (both optional).
    • Format data. Also wiping cache & dalvik is recommended.
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Update/dirty flash:
    • Flash the new crDroid zip.
    • Flash Magisk and GApps only if their survival script didn't restore them back (they get usually restored after an update if you installed them before).
    • Wipe cache + dalvik cache.
    • Reboot and continue enjoying!

Known issues:

Sources:
    crDroid
    Device tree
    Kernel
    Vendor

News & support:

Version information:
    Android version: 12.1_r22
    ROM version: 8.10
    Kernel: Linux 4.19.255
    Required firmware: MIUI 13 - Android 12.1
    Maintainer: masemoel
    SELinux status: Enforcing
    Security patch level: October 2022
    Release date: 2022-10-14

New stable update is up!

Changelog 13-02-2022:

- Bump to crDroid v8.2 and February 2022 security patch.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash should be ok (if you face weird issues/bootloop, then try a clean flash before reporting them!).

Dirty flash:

1. Reboot to recovery (latest OFRP version recommended)
    2. Flash ROM (remember to transfer the ROM zip to OTG or your PC to sideload it as decryption is broken on Android 12 at this moment...).
    3. Flash GApps (if you flashed them).
    4. Flash Magisk (optional as well).
    5. Wipe dalvik & cache.
    6. Reboot to system (realize that first boot might take longer than usual).

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it here.

New big stable update is up!

Looong time since the last update hehe... a lot of work in the background

Changelog 29-06-2022:

- Bump to crDroid v8.6 source, based on Android 12.1.
    - A total rebase of a new device tree with OSS vendor.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

As I have rebased the device tree, doing a clean flash is totally mandatory from all previous versions.

Clean flash:

1. Flash crDroid zip.
    2. Flash GApps and Magisk (optional).
    3. Format data. Also wiping cache & dalvik is recommended.
    4. Reboot to system (realize that first boot might take longer than usual) and enjoy!

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it here.

Changelog 14-10-2022:

Full device tree details

How to upgrade: