[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1_r22][STABLE][picasso] crDroid v8.9

Search This thread

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
I've installed this ROM. It's very stable. But still cannot install Google Chrome and some other apps. Not sure why. It said "this app is not for your device"

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
I need to figure out why it happens. In the meanwhile, you can use the Chrome apk, or flash a GApps package that includes Chrome out of the box.

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I could install Google Chrome and other apps that are not available for this ROM. But cannot update them later on. You can check out this ROM's source code. I can install all apps on this ROM.

Here is the screenshot that said the app is not available for this device.
Screenshot_20220717-160527_Google Play Store.png

Anyways your ROM is the best ROM so far for K30 5G series. (y)
(y)

Reactions: masemoel

Qynklee

Mar 13, 2019
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I could install Google Chrome and other apps that are not available for this ROM. But cannot update them later on. You can check out this ROM's source code. I can install all apps on this ROM.

Here is the screenshot that said the app is not available for this device.
View attachment 5661211

Anyways your ROM is the best ROM so far for K30 5G series. (y)
(y)
I think you need to check Safety Net and DRM status before. But I use MIUI 13 eu also cant install GG Chrome.
I passed Safetynet and DRM L1.
I updated Webview to lastest but cant find Chrome stable in GG Playstore.
I think it's not this ROM error. this bug came from GApps package.

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
I think you need to check Safety Net and DRM status before. But I use MIUI 13 eu also cant install GG Chrome.
I passed Safetynet and DRM L1.
I updated Webview to lastest but cant find Chrome stable in GG Playstore.
I think it's not this ROM error. this bug came from GApps package.

Same here. My phone's Safety Net is fine and DRM is L1 since the new firmware for Android 12. IMO this error is from firmware. Because there are some custom ROMs like this that can install GG Chrome. I used GSI ROMs when Android 11 for my K30 5G. I flashed old MIUI firmware of stable version 12.1 and can install GG Chrome when installed GSI ROMs. The reason I have not used GSI ROMs anymore is there are some conflicts with sound.

But this ROM is very good so I install GG Chrome and some other apps that cannot be installed by downloading and installing .apk files.

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up!

NOTE: I've created a TG chat, so that you will get notified whenever a new build from my part is released, and also direct support from me! Join here

Changelog 01-08-2022:

- Bring back LED capability.
- Update status bar paddings.
- Blurs enabled.
- Improved system smoothness.
- Reduced boot-up time.
- Bump to crDroid v8.7 and July 2022 security patch.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous June build is fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash. If you come from more older releases, then a clean flash is mandatory. Download links are in the OP as well ;)

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it to this thread.

Reactions: siamese007

MugeN∞

Sep 28, 2021
I clean flash the v8.7 alongside basic flame and niksgapps but mine was stuck in the crdroid logo. I drained out my battery waiting to boot up. All the same with v8.6. When I switch back to v8.4 it boots up just fine. Im sorry im kinda noob here but do you have any tips that I should do? Also Your builds are awesome

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
I clean flash the v8.7 alongside basic flame and niksgapps but mine was stuck in the crdroid logo. I drained out my battery waiting to boot up. All the same with v8.6. When I switch back to v8.4 it boots up just fine. Im sorry im kinda noob here but do you have any tips that I should do? Also Your builds are awesome
Are you doing a clean flash? Also please only flash one GApps package, not FlameGApps and NiKGApps at the same time.
Finally, use also the latest MIUI 13 firmware.

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up!

NOTE: I've created a TG chat, so that you will get notified whenever a new build from my part is released, and also direct support from me! Join here

Changelog 12-08-2022:

- Solved issues with some apps like Google Chrome not appearing on Play Store.
- Solved issues with media playing when enabling Voice match from Google Assistant.
- Improved Wi-Fi configs.
- Improved performance.
- Bump to crDroid v8.8 and August 2022 security patch.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build is fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash.

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it to this thread. Also try sending logs for reporting bugs!

• Love

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
@masemoel I have dirty flash the new update. Everything is perfect now. All the missing apps that this ROM were not available in Play Store, are now available.

Screenshot_20220813-121003_Settings.png

Screenshot_20220813-121022_Device Info.png

Screenshot_20220813-121134_Google Play Store.png

@MugeN∞ If you flashed other ROM before, you need to format data before and after flashing this ROM. Especially after flashing this ROM and GAPPS and restart the system. And use OrangeFOX will be best recovery to flash Custom ROMs.

MugeN∞

Sep 28, 2021
Are you doing a clean flash? Also please only flash one GApps package, not FlameGApps and NiKGApps at the same time.
Finally, use also the latest MIUI 13 firmware.
No Im not flashing 2 gapps at the same time. I tried each of them. I’ve clean flashed the v8.8 but unfortunately, Im still stuck in the boot animation

Im using orange fox latest. So this is exactly what I did:
Formatted my device
Flashed miui 13 firmware from your link
Flashed the v8.8
Flashed flamegapps full
Formatted my device
Then reboot

Attachments

• BFAD6BFB-FAE8-48D3-BAB7-33329E3740EA.jpeg
    BFAD6BFB-FAE8-48D3-BAB7-33329E3740EA.jpeg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 4

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
No Im not flashing 2 gapps at the same time. I tried each of them. I’ve clean flashed the v8.8 but unfortunately, Im still stuck in the boot animation

Im using orange fox latest. So this is exactly what I did:
Formatted my device
Flashed miui 13 firmware from your link
Flashed the v8.8
Flashed flamegapps full
Formatted my device
Then reboot

You probably need to flash the full ROM of the latest stable MIUI here. Then follow the clean flash instruction. Download the recovery type of MIUI and flash it with OrangeFOX recovery. If your phone still bootloop, you probably need to flash the fastboot type of MIUI ROM with MI flash tool. Your phone's probably been flashed other ROM that has some firmware conflict and got bootloop.

MugeN∞

Sep 28, 2021
You probably need to flash the full ROM of the latest stable MIUI here. Then follow the clean flash instruction. Download the recovery type of MIUI and flash it with OrangeFOX recovery. If your phone still bootloop, you probably need to flash the fastboot type of MIUI ROM with MI flash tool. Your phone's probably been flashed other ROM that has some firmware conflict and got bootloop.
Thanks. Its booted now. I’ve rebooted to recovery after flashing the miui.
This was the process that I did:

Formatted my phone
Flashed miui 12.5 (miui 13 recovery type says file is corrupted when flashing)
Rebooted to recovery
Flashed crdroid 8.8
Flashed niksgapps omni (flamegapps full stucked in boot animation)
Wiped dalvic, cache, and data
Reboot

But I have another one minor problem. The safety net failed and its drm is L3 since maybe I flashed the miui 12.5 and not the miui 13. So I have to try and flash the miui 13 fastboot type or other miui 13 recovery type and maybe it would work now.

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks. Its booted now. I’ve rebooted to recovery after flashing the miui.
This was the process that I did:

Formatted my phone
Flashed miui 12.5 (miui 13 recovery type says file is corrupted when flashing)
Rebooted to recovery
Flashed crdroid 8.8
Flashed niksgapps omni (flamegapps full stucked in boot animation)
Wiped dalvic, cache, and data
Reboot

But I have another one minor problem. The safety net failed and its drm is L3 since maybe I flashed the miui 12.5 and not the miui 13. So I have to try and flash the miui 13 fastboot type or other miui 13 recovery type and maybe it would work now.

If you want L1, you need to flash MIUI 13. This version is just upgrade the widevine to be L1. Before that, it's L3.

It would be clean to flash fastboot type. Sometimes recovery cannot clean some firmware while in recovery mode. Especially when upgrading from version 12.5 to 13.

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up!

Changelog 26-08-2022:

- Solved SafetyNet not passing.
- Solved lower fingerprint indicator.
- Added MiSound Scenes.
- Improved performance.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build is fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash.

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it to this thread. Also try sending logs for reporting bugs!

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok

New stable update is up!

Changelog 26-08-2022:

- Solved SafetyNet not passing.
- Solved lower fingerprint indicator.
- Added MiSound Scenes.
- Improved performance.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Thank you for the new update. The SafetyNet is now working properly. But I found some laggy in the system. For example, when I click on Youtube, it takes some time to display the newly clicked video. Not sure if it's because I dirty flash the new update over the previous one.

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up!

Changelog 06-09-2022:

- Solved graphics issues on some apps.
- Added an option to switch the notch style (inside developer options).
- Switch to Driftwood balanced kernel.
- Fixed fingerprint issues when turning off the screen.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build should be fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash. If you face weird issues on the build, please try doing a clean flash before reporting anything!

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

New stable update is up!

Changelog 27-09-2022:

- Bump to crDroid 8.9 and September 2022 security patch.
- Switch to Xiaomi libperfmgr.
- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash from previous build should be fine. Check the OP for the instructions of dirty flash. If you face weird issues on the build, please try doing a clean flash before reporting anything!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New stable update is up!

Changelog 06-09-2022:

- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

New stable update is up!

Changelog 27-09-2022:

- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

New stable update is up!

Changelog 27-09-2022:

- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

I just flashed the updated 8.9 crDroid. So far nothing error happening. Feel more smooth than the previous one.

Screenshot_20221001-111541_Settings.png
    By the way, one thing that I have noticed is quick charge is nerf. It used to be at max 2500 mAh. But now it's maxed at 1500 mAh since the new firmware rework. Not sure if it might be subjectively to my phone. Or other phones also get the same QC nerf.

Thank you for best ROM for K30 5G anyways. (y)(y)
    I know that issue. In the meanwhile, you can use this Magisk module to fix the fast charging (choose the 30W option).
    Excuse me, what is the role of Xiaomi Firmware and Xiaomi Vendor? If it is used in China, do you need to brush both?

请问,Xiaomi Firmware 和Xiaomi Vendor的作用是什么?在中国使用的话,需要两个都刷吗?

From my understanding, vendor is the manufacturer of the device who creates firmware that controls the hardware of the device. In Android 8 or higher, Google dev teams separate system and firmware. And the vendor's firmware term is called vendor in short since this is directly developed by the manufacturer (vendor).

Sometimes independent developers also build firmware for specific purposes for the device. For examples, fix some hardware bugs, run their custom ROMs and so on. Therefore the firmware term may not be developed by the vendor.

Anybody are welcome to correct me.

New stable update is up!

Changelog 06-09-2022:

- Misc changes.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Flashing Instructions:
    Download links:

This ROM is compatible with K30 5G, K30i 5G and K30 5G Racing edition.

Clean flash:
    • Flash latest MIUI firmware.
    • Flash crDroid zip.
    • Flash GApps and Magisk (both optional).
    • Format data. Also wiping cache & dalvik is recommended.
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Update/dirty flash:
    • Flash the new crDroid zip.
    • Flash Magisk and GApps only if their survival script didn't restore them back (they get usually restored after an update if you installed them before).
    • Wipe cache + dalvik cache.
    • Reboot and continue enjoying!

Known issues:
    • You tell me!

Sources:
    crDroid
    Device tree
    Kernel
    Vendor

News & support:

Version information:
    Android version: 12.1_r22
    ROM version: 8.9
    Kernel: Linux 4.19.255
    Required firmware: MIUI 13 - Android 12.1
    Maintainer: masemoel
    SELinux status: Enforcing
    Security patch level: September 2022
    Release date: 2022-09-27

New stable update is up!

Changelog 13-02-2022:

- Bump to crDroid v8.2 and February 2022 security patch.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

Dirty flash should be ok (if you face weird issues/bootloop, then try a clean flash before reporting them!).

Dirty flash:

1. Reboot to recovery (latest OFRP version recommended)
    2. Flash ROM (remember to transfer the ROM zip to OTG or your PC to sideload it as decryption is broken on Android 12 at this moment...).
    3. Flash GApps (if you flashed them).
    4. Flash Magisk (optional as well).
    5. Wipe dalvik & cache.
    6. Reboot to system (realize that first boot might take longer than usual).

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it here.

New big stable update is up!

Looong time since the last update hehe... a lot of work in the background

Changelog 29-06-2022:

- Bump to crDroid v8.6 source, based on Android 12.1.
    - A total rebase of a new device tree with OSS vendor.

Full device tree details

How to upgrade:

As I have rebased the device tree, doing a clean flash is totally mandatory from all previous versions.

Clean flash:

1. Flash crDroid zip.
    2. Flash GApps and Magisk (optional).
    3. Format data. Also wiping cache & dalvik is recommended.
    4. Reboot to system (realize that first boot might take longer than usual) and enjoy!

If you face any flashing error and the ROM doesn't flash succesfully, take the recovery.log file and send it here.
    Excuse me, what is the role of Xiaomi Firmware and Xiaomi Vendor? If it is used in China, do you need to brush both?

请问,Xiaomi Firmware 和Xiaomi Vendor的作用是什么?在中国使用的话,需要两个都刷吗?

From my understanding, vendor is the manufacturer of the device who creates firmware that controls the hardware of the device. In Android 8 or higher, Google dev teams separate system and firmware. And the vendor's firmware term is called vendor in short since this is directly developed by the manufacturer (vendor).

Sometimes independent developers also build firmware for specific purposes for the device. For examples, fix some hardware bugs, run their custom ROMs and so on. Therefore the firmware term may not be developed by the vendor.

Anybody are welcome to correct me.