[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Exynos

Search This thread
thanks @Linux4 this is smoother than lineage 18.1 on ui performance. buttery smooth. This kind of performance is insane like on steroids
now just gotta wait for that android 12L development

minor ui bugs I guess
clock position wont change left or right
am/pm style not working
brightness slider not showing always
on poweramp cannot choose multiple folders. stuck on the folder that is supposed to be private, cant use root folder
Accessibility - large mouse pointer not working
not sure about muffled. music sounds fine

my gaming experience on codm is great way better than lineage 18.1. i dont know the fps but it is better but there is some insane tearing.

edit: gestures stopped working and the navigation bar came back but without 3 buttons. bootloop lol

Last edited:

chrlemes

Dec 8, 2021
Just as a note for anyone who wants to move to lineage. Overall, the system is a lot faster. BUT, writing with the S Pen does have a lot more delay. I have been using Squid for note taking and Xodo for reading and annotating PDF's. On Xodo the delay is really bad. It did have a small delay on stock. But on lineage it's a lot worse.

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Just as a note for anyone who wants to move to lineage. Overall, the system is a lot faster. BUT, writing with the S Pen does have a lot more delay. I have been using Squid for note taking and Xodo for reading and annotating PDF's. On Xodo the delay is really bad. It did have a small delay on stock. But on lineage it's a lot worse.

Guys, I said it multiple times, it's a general A12 thing and not device specific, also I'm not going to take any "lag" bug reports at this stage of bringup.
Just flash 18.1 if you're not OK with A12 *generally* (!) being a mess right now.

chrlemes

Dec 8, 2021
Really sorry man. I thought it was something with lineage. Just installed 18.1 and S Pen works just great!

Thank You!

Reactions: dagustl

daqqq

Dec 2, 2014
Working nicely, I'm currently getting a weird issue with the 2021-11-27 gta4xl build.

It's extremely weird but with quiet songs there's some kind of audio ducking going on.
Song it was most obvious on was Air - Bad and Sad 4.2 Vagabond Demo for example but it sounds like it's trying to cut out the audio or something.

Device was bought a few days ago so I'm guessing it'll be the latest hw revision.
How did you managed to install lineage recovery on gta4l build,I was using Odin and tar lineage recovery img,Odin just force closes and nothing happens,bootloader unlocked?

daqqq

Dec 2, 2014
View attachment 5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
  • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
Linux4, programminghoch10
Source Code: Coming soon
Kernel source: https://github.com/Linux4/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
How to install on lte version this guide won't work

DANTE7272

Dec 28, 2021
Hello friends,
I would like to request few screenshots of mobile legends bang bang on lineage,
In stock rom, display is not good and game screen is less
Thanks

Last edited:

mrkma

Oct 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Finally got it flashed after a few hours of figuring out dependencies and it looks pretty great. Thanks for your work!

Tip for anyone trying to install from macOS: you'll probably want to install the unofficial Heimdall 1.4.1 installation as the official 1.4.0 doesn't seem to work on the latest versions of macOS.

One thing I instantly noticed was the lack of face recognition unlock. After a quick search I see it's never been a feature of LineageOS but I thought perhaps it might be worth putting in "Known Issues".

Reactions: stangri
Hello, I don't post much on xda, but I decided to install my first custom ROM on a tablet (I had tried many years ago on a tablet, there was so little support for it, it was very difficult to find the stock rom😂) Now with my Samsung, I already stopped magisk modules, root, modify files, I switched to lineage OS 19.0 based on android 12, 12L would be fine but we have to wait, surely @Linux4 does always. I was very laggy, despite formatting, removing services, nothing. Now it is a rocket, I had not had an experience like this. Lineage which in itself is good, but in its version 19.0... I'm speechless.I decided to install a magisk module to make it look more like a pixel with Pix3lify or extra pixel, I used extra pixel once, I formatted my tablet, I installed everything from 0, but when I put the magisk module Extra pixel, to a bootloop and had to format, and look it was for android 12, I downloaded it from a Telegram channel. It is extra pxelv5 for AOSP based on Android 12. Help uwu

A0533057932

Apr 1, 2018
I devices this week on my SM-P615 tablet the lineage os 19
And I ran into a problem / bug
GPS does not work even though the location does work
I mean Google Maps waze finds my location so does the weather and Mobit
But IGO writes there is no GPS reception and does not work for me
The rest of the things work great from what I've seen so far

flitzjoy

Sep 17, 2008
São Paulo
What is the secret sauce to get netflix working?
I think you mean making the device pass the certification on playstore right?

Something changed recently regarding it, I don't know if on Google end or on the rom's one. The test stopped passing for me also at some point over the last days. I'm using lygisk with zygisk negating list (playstore, plaayservices, Netflix) and valid fingerprint props. It used to work beautifully. If someone has any tips.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • DO NOT Report bugs while having Magisk installed (especially with Zygisk enabled)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, programminghoch10
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl/tree/lineage-19.1
    Requirements:
    • Any R based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    I strongly recommend to use Lygisk instead,
    which is a fork of Magisk that aims to improve support for devices with FBE that can't (and shouldn't anyways!) decrypt userdata in recovery,
    this will also fix OTAs getting stuck while having installed Magisk.
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel

Known issues
    • LineageOS specific features like livedisplay (for now)
    • You tell me
    https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/gta4xlwifi.html doesn't require you to go back to full stock (the firmware is downloaded automatically using samloader in gh actions in my repo here: https://github.com/Linux4/firmware-update)