[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12] LineageOS 19 for Xperia X Compact

Search This thread

android666

Jun 19, 2010
anyone experiencing (voice) echo on partner call side ?
they hear themself when they speak, but when I speak, all is fine.
I'm not sure to what is it related to. could it be firmware or hardware issue or some improper settings ?
I already tried this (in build.prop) with no result:
persist.audio.fluence.mode=false
persist.audio.handset.mic=analog
but it can be related also to audio_effects.xml :

I also tried clean reflash, with System/Data cleanup with no improvement.

Last edited:

zokkii

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
they hear themself when they speak, but when I speak, all is fine.
I'm not sure to what is it related to. could it be firmware or hardware issue or some improper settings ?
I already tried this (in build.prop) with no result:
persist.audio.fluence.mode=false
persist.audio.handset.mic=analog
but it can be related also to audio_effects.xml :

I also tried clean reflash, with System/Data cleanup with no improvement.
the same,but only viber ,telegram...wifi ,mobil data
regular calls is ok

xxirioxx

Jan 26, 2018
I've never faced this echo issue. Magisk never installed, maybe is Magisk related? The only annoying thing in this rom is the camera that often doesn't work.
Edit: I confirm that phone doesn't go in deep sleep when Bluetooth is on.

dinosaur99

Jul 11, 2017
Motorola Droid 4
Moto G 2014

I call regularly my friend who uses this phone with LOS 19. Whenever I hear myself echoed, I ask her to please lower the in-call volume because it's annoying. And it works, echo is dramatically reduced!
My thought all along has been that the sound from the earpiece resonates in the phone itself at higher volume. (FYI I'm not talking about the loudspeaker). Or maybe it's related to echo-suppresion or noise reduction not functioning properly. :unsure:
I installed stock rom (right now) and I see, echo is only firmware related. No echo in stock rom

Since you installed stock, could you please check if the problem still occurs after turning up the in-call volume?

android666

Jun 19, 2010

thisnthat777

Sep 18, 2022
For those who want to flash this ROM, a few comments on the whole experience. I encountered some weird problems while flashing all this being a noob at it, although I am tech savvy person.

1. It was not very clear what tools/programs are needed for this, so after all you need
    - flashtool (flashtool-0.9.34.0-windows exe), not the same as SP flashtool
    - drivers
    - platform-tools (adb)
  2. Drivers from flashtool don't work, you need drivers from Sony website
  3. You can't flash TWRP recovery without unlocking the bootloader (flash status FAIL in ADB)
  4. To unlock the bootloader you need a code from SONY website and you unlock it with Flashtool BLU button. I was following a tutorial with ADB unlocking the bootloader and it didn't work.
  5. After unlocking the bootloader, my phone became unusable, because at boot a message will appear, asking for a password to enter android. This pass is not a pin, not blank, it is unknown. Keep that in mind.
  6. An annoying message appears at boot, saying you unlocked the bootloader and you are going in hell for it and it is for real, as you don't know the password to boot the stock rom.
  7. However at this point the TWRP flashes successfully because the bootloader is unlocked but at the same time, flashing TWRP made the phone to boot loop. Keep that in mind, you don't have a phone at this point.
  8. I decided to flash this rom because it was done with TWRP. My initial idea was to flash some other ROM because I have problems with my mobile antenna not working but at this point I had to flash something to make the phone work again.
  9. I had to transfer the rom to the phone with an SD card, which I don't usually use.
  10. Thankfully the ROM did flash with no problems from TWRP and the phone works again, mobile antenna problem is still there but it's probably a hardware problem with my device.
  11. LineageOS booted successfully and is in fact very cool. I like it a lot.

lineage-os-interface-xc - Copy.jpg

thisnthat777

Sep 18, 2022
A possible bug with this ROM.

- Timer sounds the alarm as it should but after using it 4-5 times, sound disappears. You no longer hear sound from the device, can't hear ringtones etc.
- Phone vibrates on alarm, although vibrate checkbox is not set

john97

Sep 27, 2015
First of all, thanks to Chippa_a and everyone who contributed to this ROM. It works great so far except what I have observed below.

The annoying echoing during a call, heard only by the person on the other end of the line, did not occur in my case with the stock ROM, but it has happened with non-stock ROMs since, including LOS 17.1 and this ROM. The problem disappears, curiously, when I connect a BT headset.

The Intent Filter Verification Service keeps stopping, and LOS asks me what to do about it.

Now after ~a month of use with this ROM, there is another problem. In communication apps (more than one) such as wire, during a wire phone call, the other party cannot hear me, but I can hear the other party. When I make the same call from another device on the same wire account, the other party can hear me.
[it is as if the OS is blocking access to the microphone, but the app does have permission to use it]
Regular phone calls do still work.

Update: I have found that, following someone's suggestion, by going into TWRP, and wiping cache and Dalvik, the problem disappears temporarily. Then, in the middle of a call, it can reassert itself, and I become silent to the other side of the conversation. So it appears as if some buffer fills up, and when cleaned out it functions again, until it refills. I hope this helps someone to diagnose.

Last edited:

FYA_EXel

Sep 17, 2016
Sony Xperia X Compact
Huawei P10
Oh, i figured out - the problem of battery drain not in OS, it in trash gapps (MindTheGapps that topicstarter recommend - idk why, for lulz :\
Just install another gapps.
(LiteGapps - no problems with battery and deep sleep, also you can try BiTGApps, another Open GApps, NikGApps, FlameGApps - not work).

Reactions: mr.willem

zokkii

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
no problem at all with stock-rom
echo cancellation is sw/hw related:
I reinstalled stock rom and after that lineage and echo disappeared

mr.willem

Apr 15, 2012
Oh, i figured out - the problem of battery drain not in OS, it in trash gapps (MindTheGapps that topicstarter recommend - idk why, for lulz :\
Just install another gapps.
(LiteGapps - no problems with battery and deep sleep, also you can try BiTGApps, another Open GApps, NikGApps, FlameGApps - not work).
This is interesting. I have the same problem and also use MindTheGapps. Do you know whether I have to reinstall everything to use another Gapps or is there a possibility to uninstall MindTheGapps and install another Gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.​
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization.​
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​
    You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.​
    Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal

Important Information
    1. This ROM operates without ODM images, just follow the installation instructions.
    2. This ROM does not intended to support Google Camera, but you can try some mods.
    3. This ROM is beta and uses a new 4.9.x kernel with bring up of msm8976/56 from the scratch. Install it on your own risk and if you are sure that you can actually handle unexpected behavior.
    Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19:
    Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935 (Android 12.1 -> arm64)
    Recommended Recovery (optional):

Flashing and updating

Please install the latest version of TWRP to avoid further issues with recovery!

LineageOS clean install:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    • Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    You can also update using the built-in Updater (requires at least TWRP 3.6.x or LineageOS Recovery)

About the builds:

Issues and reports
    • Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred
      (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0
      (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Also thanks to:
    • The LineageOS Team
    • The SODP Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing
    Contributors
    Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 12.x
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x

Version Information
    Beta
    I've tested a few GCams, I find these two work best so far:

In the Advanced Settings, make sure to change AI White Balance to "Pixel 3 XL" for best colour accuracy.

Note: For the front selfie cam to work, you'll need to disable HDR first.

Please post here if you find any other good ones!
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    • Boot: Ok
    • Bluetooth: Ok
    • WiFi: Ok
    • WiFi Hotspot: Unknown
    • RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    • GPS: Ok
    • Camera: Ok
    • Camcorder: Ok
    • Lights: Ok
    • MicroSD: Ok
    • Accelerometer: Ok
    • Compass: Ok
    • Gyroscope: Ok
    • QTI sensors: Ok
    • Touchscreen: Ok
    • FM Radio: N/A
    • Fingerprint: Ok
    • Vibrator: Ok
    • Microphone: Ok
    • Audio & music: Ok
    • Bluetooth audio: Ok
    • NFC: Unknown (HCE: Unknown)
    • Kernel: Ok (WIP)
    • Graphics: Ok
    • 3D Rendering: Ok
    • Clock: Ok
    • DRM: Unknown
    • Offline Charging: Ok
    • USB: Ok
    • USB Tethering: Unknown
    • USB OTG: Ok
    • Encryption: Unknown
    • SEPolicies: Enforcing

New build is available!

• May 2022 security patches
    • Fixed Full Disk Encryption
    • LineageOS upstream updates and fixes
    You can install the new build manually or using the built-in Updater app (requires at least TWRP 3.6.x or LineageOS Recovery).

Note: To get a working Android 12 decryption in recovery, you must install the latest version (≥ 3.6.1_9-1) of TWRP.
    what the ...!?
    i downloaded los18 just yesterday, installed it this morning and now i see los19 sneaked by :love:
    thank you so much chippa_a, i will try it out tomorrow 🤞
    unbelievable what your doing to this oldschool device.