[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12] LineageOS 19 for Xperia X Compact [FINAL]

Search This thread

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2

syelan34

Apr 23, 2022
@Chippa_a I want to modify this a little, specifically change the "on-device wallpaper" folder contents but I don't know where it is. /system/framework/framework-res.apk seems to be the wrong one (It only has one wallpaper). Can you point me to the right file/folder?

Reactions: Tri Akbar Fitriana

dumkm

Jul 7, 2019
I also noticed that system does not go to deep sleep. Only reproduces with this LOS19, no problem with kugo LOS18. Checked with AccuBattery.

I also noticed that system does not go to deep sleep. Only reproduces with this LOS19, no problem with kugo LOS18. Checked with AccuBattery.
I also can confirm this, however standby drain isn't too bad anyways but could be better ofc.
Tried figuring out if there are any wakelocks but BBS doesn't show me any stats regarding to this.

It barely enters deep sleep for a while but then stays active all the time.
But overall battery life is still very solid.

The app has an updated UI (viper4a11). The module works a little different during patching from what I can recall.
Btw. Viper4Android is working fine without any additional patches after i set selinux to permissive.
I guess there's a selinux denial and v4a can't access it's driver due to missing privileges.
I will try to speak with the v4a team as they know which selinux rules they need.
Maybe there's a quick solution to fix this with selinux enforcing.
But for now I'm quite happy with this device.
Great performance, small, plays music.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220509-141057_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220509-141057_Settings.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220509-140953_EX Kernel Manager.png
    Screenshot_20220509-140953_EX Kernel Manager.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220509-141810_ViPER4Android FX.png
    Screenshot_20220509-141810_ViPER4Android FX.png
    96 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: fredsky2 and dumkm
yeah tried that one too, but didn´t work in combination with another one, so i may just try it again without it!
Still very weird, v4a works on all my other devices, including my htc one m9 which also runs android 12 already (arm64) but with kernel 3.10.x still🤔

EDIT: Still doesn´t work.
Driver status abnormal as usual.
Screenshot_20220510-210021_ViPER4Android_FX.png

This is same bro...

Note:
-android 9 LOS 16
-selinux permissive
-install brutal busybox

Minao-tan

Apr 29, 2011
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
First , thanks for this Rom I'm very happy to See Android 12 on my phone.
I have tried Encryption and it doesn't work for me. I have a bootloop.
Has anyone else tested it?
And on the Encrypt page , I had astrange bug : I wasn't able to access to the"Encrypt" button at the bottom of the page . I had to set the police size at the smallest size to see it.

For my case, storage encryption + Secure start-up - requiring password before starts up - makes boot loop. If once become this condition, no way to fix under LOS19 environment or twrp recovery, need to back to previous LOS such as LOS16.

I take it there's no chance we get encryption? It's really important to me, in case I lose it or it gets stolen.

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
@multiwirth , there isn't any need to set SELinux to permissive. I have it (v4a) correctly patched and installed with it set to enforcing and didn't have to flip any switches or enter any cheat codes.
@Chippa_a , I notice battery drain and the device getting warmer than usual due to more than likely the fingerprint sensor constantly looping for input; on z5 compact @Berni-0815 configured the sensor to only be active upon button press (screen wake), which I think would resolve the issue. I confirmed this be removing fingerprint authentication and the device does not get warm like it was during light use. Kernel 4.9 could use some updates as version .227 is quite outdated. I also notice MAC randomization is not functioning and know that both the broadcom chip and kernel support it.

Reactions: fredsky2

fredsky2

Jan 25, 2012
edit:
The curse of the reddish tint is still there, its hardly noticeable at high brightness but very visible at low backlight
---------

I've been dailydriving this rom for a few weeks now, started with fresh stock 8.0, then twrp 3.6.1_9.0-kugo los 19 + zygisk, lsposed and microg and can confirm that:

Working

- Bluetooth: Ok; tested with aptx headphone
- WiFi Hotspot: Ok; Did just a quick test but everything worked fine
- NFC: ok: It read and beeped a nfc tag i had laying around; I dont know what "HCE" is so couldn't test for it.
- DRM: Widevine L3, No HDCP; Not sure if it would go up to L1 or get hdcp if not magisk, etc (havn't tried the whole safetynet stuff), but was pleasantly surprised to even have widevine at all)
- USB Tethering: Ok; Windows pc got phone's internet flawlessly
- no reddish tint, editing display colors/brightness works flawlessly (the oposite of trebble roms i tested before)
- camera2api seems quite alright with opencamera, i've yet to test a few gcams recommendations of this thread though (the one i tried isn't saving front camera images)
- very stable, not sure i've had a random reboot or anything like that

Issues and general remarks

- Sadly, encryption indeed isn't working. I did many tests and found out that if flashing stock 8.0 and encrypt it without a pattern set, then flash this rom, los 19 will be encrypted with 'a default password' which both the rom and twrp can decrypt. Setting a password before flashing los 19 means bootloop afterwards. I even tried starting with an encrypted los 16 but los 19 would still bootloop and twrp timeout.

- My device overheats quite badly, getting 42ºc browsing and peaking 44ºc watching a video. Don't know if its rom related or just my phone showing great age. Regardless, i noticed the "Thermal" tab from SmartPack-Kernel Manager is missing, which could perhaps be related, idk.
(Probably unrelated but my screen is a bit bumped outwards, so my phone's proximity sensor is always triggered, haven't found an easy way to fix it yet)

- Also on SmartPack-Kernel Manager, "CPU times" show "failed to load frequencies" for both big and little cpus (so i don't know if it's getting any deepsleep or not), and i'm not sure setting maximum/minimum frequencies is sticking. I would greatly appreciate tips on how to safely underlock my device with this rom and get deepsleep readings.

- Though fingerprint is lightning fast, i noticed some annoiances from daily use: Sometimes it won't unlock when i want because of "too many attempts", which i was not aware of attempting, as just lightly passing a finger throught it triggers an attempt. Sometimes it unlocks even while i'm attempting to lock it (because i didn't remove my finger quick enough from the power button).

This is an awesome rom, i am very happy with it as is. Though i've written many words, all this is just meant as feedback for both devs of the rom, if they find it useful, and users that might stumble on this thread.

If i could wish for anything though, I'd wish for device encryption with secure startup, damn i'd wish it so hard

But overall, thanks very much for everyone from this sub, keeping this device relevant to this date. I feel like the xc really is the last of actually compact android phones, which is kinda a shame, but it's on android 12 now which is awesome

Last edited:

funkoot

Nov 6, 2012
- My device overheats quite badly, getting 42ºc browsing and peaking 44ºc watching a video. Don't know if its rom related or just my phone showing great age. Regardless, i noticed the "Thermal" tab from SmartPack-Kernel Manager is missing, which could perhaps be related, idk.
(Probably unrelated but my screen is a bit bumped outwards, so my phone's proximity sensor is always triggered, haven't found an easy way to fix it yet)

I had the same issue with my X compact overheating. Replacing the battery solved the problem. Dave

Reactions: fredsky2

Chippa_a

Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2015
Sony Xperia X
OnePlus 9RT

New build is available!

• May 2022 security patches
  • Fixed Full Disk Encryption
  • LineageOS upstream updates and fixes
You can install the new build manually or using the built-in Updater app (requires at least TWRP 3.6.x or LineageOS Recovery).

Note: To get a working Android 12 decryption in recovery, you must install the latest version (≥ 3.6.1_9-1) of TWRP.

Last edited:

arbitrarygrill

Feb 26, 2015
Thankyou for your hard work.
Could you by any chance add signature spoofing support to this rom?
It's necessary for MicroG to work properly.

Reactions: funkoot

fredsky2

Jan 25, 2012
Thankyou for your hard work.
Could you by any chance add signature spoofing support to this rom?
It's necessary for MicroG to work properly.

If you got no problem with magisk, root and the likes, im running it quite fine with:
- zygisk(magisk)
- lsposed
- FakeGApps (need to select "Android System" in LSposed)
- microG_Installer_Revived

edit:
i mostly only use push notifications and gps/navigation stuff but everything is green on microg app so it should be fine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.​
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization.​
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​
    You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.​
    Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal

Important Information
    1. This ROM operates without ODM images, just follow the installation instructions.
    2. This ROM does not intended to support Google Camera, but you can try some mods.
    Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19:
    Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935 (Android 12.1 -> arm64)
    Recommended Recovery (optional):

Flashing and updating

Please install the latest version of TWRP to avoid further issues with recovery!

LineageOS clean install:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    • Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    You can also update using the built-in Updater (requires at least TWRP 3.6.x or LineageOS Recovery)

About the builds:

Issues and reports
    • Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred
      (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0
      (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Also thanks to:
    • The LineageOS Team
    • The SODP Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing
    Contributors
    Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 12.x
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x

Version Information
    Stable
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    • Boot: Ok
    • Bluetooth: Ok
    • WiFi: Ok
    • WiFi Hotspot: Ok
    • RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    • GPS: Ok
    • Camera: Ok
    • Camcorder: Ok
    • Lights: Ok
    • MicroSD: Ok
    • Accelerometer: Ok
    • Compass: Ok
    • Gyroscope: Ok
    • QTI sensors: Ok
    • Touchscreen: Ok
    • FM Radio: N/A
    • Fingerprint: Ok
    • Vibrator: Ok
    • Microphone: Ok
    • Audio & music: Ok
    • Bluetooth audio: Ok
    • NFC: Unknown (HCE: Unknown)
    • Kernel: Ok
    • Graphics: Ok
    • 3D Rendering: Ok
    • Clock: Ok
    • DRM: Unknown
    • Offline Charging: Ok
    • USB: Ok
    • USB Tethering: Ok
    • USB OTG: Ok
    • Encryption: Ok
    • SEPolicies: Enforcing
    I've tested a few GCams, I find these two work best so far:

In the Advanced Settings, make sure to change AI White Balance to "Pixel 3 XL" for best colour accuracy.

Note: For the front selfie cam to work, you'll need to disable HDR first.

Please post here if you find any other good ones!

New build is available!

• May 2022 security patches
    • Fixed Full Disk Encryption
    • LineageOS upstream updates and fixes
    You can install the new build manually or using the built-in Updater app (requires at least TWRP 3.6.x or LineageOS Recovery).

Note: To get a working Android 12 decryption in recovery, you must install the latest version (≥ 3.6.1_9-1) of TWRP.
    For those who want to flash this ROM, a few comments on the whole experience. I encountered some weird problems while flashing all this being a noob at it, although I am tech savvy person.

1. It was not very clear what tools/programs are needed for this, so after all you need
      - flashtool (flashtool-0.9.34.0-windows exe), not the same as SP flashtool
      - drivers
      - platform-tools (adb)
    2. Drivers from flashtool don't work, you need drivers from Sony website
    3. You can't flash TWRP recovery without unlocking the bootloader (flash status FAIL in ADB)
    4. To unlock the bootloader you need a code from SONY website and you unlock it with Flashtool BLU button. I was following a tutorial with ADB unlocking the bootloader and it didn't work.
    5. After unlocking the bootloader, my phone became unusable, because at boot a message will appear, asking for a password to enter android. This pass is not a pin, not blank, it is unknown. Keep that in mind.
    6. An annoying message appears at boot, saying you unlocked the bootloader and you are going in hell for it and it is for real, as you don't know the password to boot the stock rom.
    7. However at this point the TWRP flashes successfully because the bootloader is unlocked but at the same time, flashing TWRP made the phone to boot loop. Keep that in mind, you don't have a phone at this point.
    8. I decided to flash this rom because it was done with TWRP. My initial idea was to flash some other ROM because I have problems with my mobile antenna not working but at this point I had to flash something to make the phone work again.
    9. I had to transfer the rom to the phone with an SD card, which I don't usually use.
    10. Thankfully the ROM did flash with no problems from TWRP and the phone works again, mobile antenna problem is still there but it's probably a hardware problem with my device.
    11. LineageOS booted successfully and is in fact very cool. I like it a lot.

lineage-os-interface-xc - Copy.jpg