[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][Moto G6][ali]LineageOS 19.1 by FWieP

Search This thread

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Hello all,

Thanks to the LineageOS-developers and @brunogroa, this is my build containing the September-2022 security patches.

I plan to keep this build updated with the monthly security patches, for as long as LineageOS supports Android 12.
Only the last build will be available for download; I'll keep this post as up-to-date as possible.

Download
I used to upload my files to a file hoster, but now host them myself.
Included/additional features
Known bugs
  • 2nd SIM-card is not detected after reboot; open and close 2nd SIM-slot while booted to remedy
Links
Sources
  • Recent changes: LineageOS 19.1
  • Kernel tree: see roomservice.xml below
  • Device tree: see roomservice.xml below
  • Vendor tree: see roomservice.xml below
roomservice.xml for building it yourself:
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <!-- repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-19.1 -->

<!-- Kernel -->  
  <project name="brunorolak/kernel_motorola_msm8953" path="kernel/motorola/msm8953" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Device tree -->
  <project name="brunorolak/device_motorola_ali" path="device/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
  <project name="fwiep/device_motorola_msm8953-common" path="device/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Vendor tree -->
  <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_ali" path="vendor/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
  <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_msm8953-common" path="vendor/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Miscellaneous stuff (FM Radio) -->
  <project name="PixelExperience/vendor_qcom_opensource_libfmjni" path="vendor/qcom/opensource/libfmjni" remote="github" revision="twelve" />
  <project name="PixelExperience/packages_apps_FMRadio" path="packages/apps/FMRadio" remote="github" revision="twelve" />

<!-- Override LineageOS's QCom audio/display/media with custom AEX audio HALs -->
  <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_audio" />
  <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display" />
  <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_media" />
  <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/audio" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_audio" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
  <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/display" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_display" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
  <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/media" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_media" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />

</manifest>
Kind regards, see you next month,
FWieP

Last edited:

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Im trying to use this APP, and i get a warning about rooted phone.
That depends on the app developer. Apps can detect whether they're running on a stock ROM or a custom ROM. Some apps warn about "You are running a custom ROM, we don't support that...", others mistakenly say: "You are running a rooted ROM...". That doesn't mean that root-capability is actually there.

I'm sorry - I've never used Magisk before and don't know about these things.

Kind regards,
FWieP

hugo.mattar

Nov 26, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
OK, thnks man
That depends on the app developer. Apps can detect whether they're running on a stock ROM or a custom ROM. Some apps warn about "You are running a custom ROM, we don't support that...", others mistakenly say: "You are running a rooted ROM...". That doesn't mean that root-capability is actually there.

I'm sorry - I've never used Magisk before and don't know about these things.

Kind regards,
FWieP
OK thanks man ✌ very stable ROM by the way

Easy peasy, flashed with no problem using your links. I'm using this phone as a 24/7 Pokemon Go bot device can't wait to see stability. I'll provide logs of whatever I find :)

Edit: Can anyone provide a built version of GApps? Need play services and such. I'm far too lazy to figure out how to build it myself

Edit 2: Using FlameGapps for Android 12.0 (FlameGApps-12.0-basic-arm64-20220811.zip), I try to flash it in TWRP after I flash my ROM (clean flash of course), and I get "Wrong android version detected This package is for android: 12.0 only Your ROM is Android: 12"
Can anyone advise on that? I've pulled my recovery log if needed. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fwiep

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Using FlameGapps for Android 12.0, I try to flash it in TWRP after I flash my ROM (clean flash of course), and I get "Wrong android version detected This package is for android: 12.0 only Your ROM is Android: 12"

This is because of the 12.0 and 12.1 (also called 12L) difference. This ROM is 12.1 (LineageOS 19.1). Please find packages for 12.1 specifically. Confusing, I know :)

Kind regards,
FWieP

Reactions: UnitedShoes
This is because of the 12.0 and 12.1 (also called 12L) difference. This ROM is 12.1 (LineageOS 19.1). Please find packages for 12.1 specifically. Confusing, I know :)

Kind regards,
FWieP
Thank you for your help, I just recently heard about 12L, confusing.

I'm trying out your GApps you provided but I'm having issues with first time setup. I boot to TWRP, wipe the phone, type yes, reboot to recovery, flash your Lineage ROM, flash the Gapps, wipe cache, then boot to system. For some reason, when I try to do my first time setup, I get stuck on "Just a sec..." after entering the date/time. I select "Set up offline" as well. I've been waiting on this screen for 15 minutes and tried this process over again with no luck.

I also would like to point out, when I first boot to the OS, I get the blue Google welcome screen instead of the Lineage one. Once I tap start or whatever, it then takes me to the black themed Lineage setup, where I proceed to get stuck.

I initially began on a Pie stock ROM, XT1925-6 Retail, if that's worth pointing out. I'd also like to link this Reddit comment I found, but I can't follow his instructions as there's no Lineage recovery for G6 that I can find.

Any ideas? Thank you :)

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
I boot to TWRP, wipe the phone, type yes, reboot to recovery, flash your Lineage ROM, flash the Gapps, wipe cache, then boot to system. For some reason, when I try to do my first time setup, I get stuck on "Just a sec..." after entering the date/time. I select "Set up offline" as well. I've been waiting on this screen for 15 minutes and tried this process over again with no luck.

I also would like to point out, when I first boot to the OS, I get the blue Google welcome screen instead of the Lineage one. Once I tap start or whatever, it then takes me to the black themed Lineage setup, where I proceed to get stuck.
This sounds like two of the many issues I had in the past few years - all caused by an unclean factory wipe. The golden tip that solved it for me, was to perform the wipe in the following way:
  1. boot to TWRP
  2. goto Wipe -> Advanced wipe
  3. check Data, System, Vendor and both Cache partitions
  4. perform the wipe
Then flash the ROM and the GApps in one go, then reboot to system.

The GApps provide the initial Google setup screen, but at the end of that setup, some of the dark-themed LineageOS screens should follow.

Note: MindTheGapps doesn't provide (smaller, slimmer) variants like OpenGapps does; you always get the complete package of Google stuff.

Good luck!
FWieP

Reactions: UnitedShoes
This sounds like two of the many issues I had in the past few years - all caused by an unclean factory wipe. The golden tip that solved it for me, was to perform the wipe in the following way:
  1. boot to TWRP
  4. perform the wipe

The GApps provide the initial Google setup screen, but at the end of that setup, some of the dark-themed LineageOS screens should follow.

Note: MindTheGapps doesn't provide (smaller, slimmer) variants like OpenGapps does; you always get the complete package of Google stuff.

Good luck!
FWieP
I don't see vendor on my wipe screen. Only cache, dalvik, data, internal, system, micro sd card. I can hit the checkbox for Vendor in mount, but it doesn't make it appear in wipe. Could this cause an issue?

I've proceeded to wipe using your instructions (except for Vendor), then flashed your ROM and Gapps, and I notice when I flash your ROM it says patching vendor image unconditionally. Could be a dirty flash because I can't wipe it?

I boot to system and I still can't get past the Just a sec screen. Been waiting for 5 minutes and counting. I can provide logs if you care to dig into this, but it's my bedtime for now. Thank you!

brunogroa

I don't see vendor on my wipe screen. Only cache, dalvik, data, internal, system, micro sd card. I can hit the checkbox for Vendor in mount, but it doesn't make it appear in wipe. Could this cause an issue?

I've proceeded to wipe using your instructions (except for Vendor), then flashed your ROM and Gapps, and I notice when I flash your ROM it says patching vendor image unconditionally. Could be a dirty flash because I can't wipe it?

I boot to system and I still can't get past the Just a sec screen. Been waiting for 5 minutes and counting. I can provide logs if you care to dig into this, but it's my bedtime for now. Thank you!

cos you need my twrp in this post >> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-unofficial-twrp-64-bit-3-6-2.4328145/

Wheeljack2k

Nov 24, 2013
BlackBerry Priv (Venice)
Moto G6
The apps on the stock Moto G6 started acting up so I decided now was a good time to either reset the thing or find a current unofficial Lineage for it.
And here I am, about a week after unlocking and flashing. The phone feels fresh again. I'm not seeing any big issues so far. Bluetooth connection to a VW Golf hands free works as it should (contrary to another Lineage-phone I have).
I once lost all ringtones and notification sound settings - guess that was when I started the encryption process, so probably my fault. Even the "app provided sounds" were set to default Lineage sounds.
One single time the G6 refused to boot and was stuck with a black screen. A 30sec hard reset solved this.

All in all: thumbs up!

z0nda

Aug 28, 2022
Bom dia, tudo bem com vocês? Eu estou com um problema, eu instalei a sua ROM, porém fiz um backup dos arquivos pelo comando adb backup -apk -shared -all -f C:\backup20111230.ab e estou tentando restaurar na sua ROM, consegue me ajudar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Thanks to the LineageOS-developers and @brunogroa, this is my build containing the September-2022 security patches.

I plan to keep this build updated with the monthly security patches, for as long as LineageOS supports Android 12.
    Only the last build will be available for download; I'll keep this post as up-to-date as possible.

Download
    Known bugs
    • 2nd SIM-card is not detected after reboot; open and close 2nd SIM-slot while booted to remedy
    Links
    Sources
    XML:
    <manifest>

<!-- Kernel -->
      <project name="brunorolak/kernel_motorola_msm8953" path="kernel/motorola/msm8953" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Device tree -->
      <project name="brunorolak/device_motorola_ali" path="device/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
      <project name="fwiep/device_motorola_msm8953-common" path="device/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Vendor tree -->
      <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_ali" path="vendor/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
      <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_msm8953-common" path="vendor/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<project name="PixelExperience/vendor_qcom_opensource_libfmjni" path="vendor/qcom/opensource/libfmjni" remote="github" revision="twelve" />
      <project name="PixelExperience/packages_apps_FMRadio" path="packages/apps/FMRadio" remote="github" revision="twelve" />

<!-- Override LineageOS's QCom audio/display/media with custom AEX audio HALs -->
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/audio" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_audio" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/display" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_display" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/media" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_media" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />

</manifest>
    FWieP
    Thx, everything works fine, daily driver for the kid now with new os and security patch level :)
    Hello all,

Download
    Known bugs
    Links
    Sources
    XML:
    <manifest>

<!-- Kernel -->  

<!-- Device tree -->

<!-- Vendor tree -->

</manifest>
    FWieP
    Yes, as are just about any custom ROM for the G6. Only stock OS is 32bit.
    That's why there is a link to a 64bit TWRP - the ROM can't be installed in a 32bit TWRP.

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    Easy peasy, flashed with no problem using your links. I'm using this phone as a 24/7 Pokemon Go bot device can't wait to see stability. I'll provide logs of whatever I find :)

Edit: Can anyone provide a built version of GApps? Need play services and such. I'm far too lazy to figure out how to build it myself

Edit 2: Using FlameGapps for Android 12.0 (FlameGApps-12.0-basic-arm64-20220811.zip), I try to flash it in TWRP after I flash my ROM (clean flash of course), and I get "Wrong android version detected This package is for android: 12.0 only Your ROM is Android: 12"
    Can anyone advise on that? I've pulled my recovery log if needed. Thank you :)
    Using FlameGapps for Android 12.0, I try to flash it in TWRP after I flash my ROM (clean flash of course), and I get "Wrong android version detected This package is for android: 12.0 only Your ROM is Android: 12"

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    I boot to TWRP, wipe the phone, type yes, reboot to recovery, flash your Lineage ROM, flash the Gapps, wipe cache, then boot to system. For some reason, when I try to do my first time setup, I get stuck on "Just a sec..." after entering the date/time. I select "Set up offline" as well. I've been waiting on this screen for 15 minutes and tried this process over again with no luck.

1. boot to TWRP
    4. perform the wipe

Good luck!
    FWieP