[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][Moto G6][ali]LineageOS 19.1 by FWieP

Search This thread

old-mobile

Feb 25, 2023
Here you go, and thanks for digging into this.

lineage-19.1-20230112-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip
sha256sum: f9ab1f76dae559c9dc9c6de5ec549579a5a0106a79d9e1d66ee53a121b1353ce

Kind regards,
FWieP
I did some testing with the following results:

Not depending if encrypted or not:
When installing the phone newly and you select the option to "update Lineageos-Recovery with the operating system" TWRP will be "deleted" with the consequence you cannot boot into recovery.
Even if you install it again and boot afterwards into Lineageos it will be deleted again.
So I think this should go as an advise to the first page that it is very advisable not to select this option as OTA will of course not work with a non existing TWRP.

Encryption and OTA / Update
You cannot update with OTA and I was not able to do this even manual with the update on a Micro-SD card. It gave the same errors as with the OTA that /data (and another partition - which I don't remember) cannot be mounted and infinite boot loop afterwards.
It seems that it is an issues with Android 12 and also TWRP needs to support the encryption which seems not the case with the G6 version as you cannot manually mount /data. It seems there are patched TWRP for other version which can access /data and ask for the password to decrypt it.

Reactions: fwiep

masterbi

Jun 12, 2017
I tried both your ROMs 18.1 and 19.1. They work very nicely.

But for all custom roms I have tried so far on the Moto G6 including yours but PixelExperience as well, I noticed, that the sound of the speaker is kind of scratchy and too highly pitched / overmodulated. Is that a known issue? Does anybody else experience the same effect? Or does anybody know how to fix or adjust the speaker volume levels?

It impacts any audio output from the speaker, even the notification sounds.

Reactions: Warsen

Warsen

Dec 23, 2020
Włodawa
Does anybody else experience the same effect? Or does anybody know how to fix or adjust the speaker volume levels?
I guess all moto g6 roms have this volume issue?
I have crDroid v8.13 and I also have a problem with the volume.
During a call, I have the loudspeaker muted to zero and still it's too loud and I can't hear the interlocutor clearly.

androider999

Mar 23, 2022
I tried both your ROMs 18.1 and 19.1. They work very nicely.

But for all custom roms I have tried so far on the Moto G6 including yours but PixelExperience as well, I noticed, that the sound of the speaker is kind of scratchy and too highly pitched / overmodulated. Is that a known issue? Does anybody else experience the same effect? Or does anybody know how to fix or adjust the speaker volume levels?

It impacts any audio output from the speaker, even the notification sounds.
This isn't just you. I have noticed this on my G7 Power, if the volume is too high, the output is incredibly scratchy and basically just outright horrible. No matter music, etc. I will try to replace the speaker in my unit, but will do it with the G6 first. I feel there's something missing with Lineage on G6/G7+ units relating to the speaker about this, because surely it can't be this bad on stock (and I can't check at the moment). Maybe there's just too much going in terms of volume, it needs a limit somewhere?

signors.rossi

Mar 28, 2017
I tried to instal more current Gapps. But was not able because I tried with the arm64 versions. Obviously the device is arm (32) not arm64.
These Gapps installed fine:
With the 2022-gapps you compiled and privide for download I was not able to connect to my google account (at least not with family link).

Thanks for your work!

Rafaellq

Apr 21, 2023
tem previsão para A13??

voce vai trazer o Lineage 20.1?

**Translated by moderator**

Do you have a forecast for A13?? will you bring Lineage 20.1?

Last edited by a moderator:

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
@Rafaellq Please use English on XDA, per the Forum Rules:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ , https://www.babelfish.com/ or https://fanyi.baidu.com/#auto/en or use one of your choice.
Also, don't ask for updates. Development projects shared on XDA are free, and developers are not paid for their work, which means they are sharing their hobbies. Use the work as is, feel free to report any bugs, but do not ask someone who's already shared the product of their time and effort for more.

enert

Apr 22, 2023
Será que vai ser possível a 20 vim para o moto G6 ali? tô muito ansioso para trazerem essa querida atualização, sei que você não é obrigado a tá atualizando o tempo todo mas espero muito que você traga essa atualização pra gente, desde já agradeço

Reactions: Rafaellq

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Moto G6
tem previsão para A13??

Será que vai ser possível a 20 vim para o moto G6 ali? tô muito ansioso para trazerem essa querida atualização, sei que você não é obrigado a tá atualizando o tempo todo mas espero muito que você traga essa atualização pra gente, desde já agradeço
Hi,

As far as I know, the developer who kindly provides the kernel-, device- and vendor sources has no plans to port Android 13 (LineageOS 20) for the ali.

However, Android 12.1 will receive security updates for at least 18 months or so (in light of Android 10 support being dropped about two months ago). Personally, I am happy with this extended support; keep in mind it's a device launched in 2018 :).

I am just a builder. If you can provide stable device-, kernel- and vendor sources for A13, I'll gladly give building a try. But at this moment, my G6 stays at LineageOS 19.1.

Kind regards,
FWieP

Last edited:

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Moto G6
does this ROM support XT1925-6?

Hi,

I don't know for sure that my ROM does, but perhaps @UnitedShoes could confirm. In post #14 of this thread, he/she is having trouble with flashing Google apps on a XT1925-6.

In the following posts, it seems that, using the right TWRP (see Links in the original post), flashing works as expected.

Please try and report back here - we can then all know the answer to your question. :)

Kind regards,
FWieP

Reactions: android__fan

UnitedShoes

Feb 28, 2018
Springfield, MO
Moto G6
OnePlus 8
does this ROM support XT1925-6? it did see OP mentioning it earlier in this thread. thank you
Hey there,

I ended up going with a different ROM. I have 3 XT1925-6 devices and they're all running Pixel Experience for Ali. Unfortunately I never resolved the issues I had in post #14 linked above. It looked like the phone booted with the ROM, but GApps broke everything. Maybe I flashed it wrong, unsure, but I tried with a few days of free time with no avail

ashishkus2408

Jun 10, 2023
i m noob in this field want to know about privacy in these roms as whole OS is engineered any type of hidden jobs can be implemented in the OS itself. HOW ONE CAN ASSURE ABOUT THE PRIVACY AND INTEGRITY OF THE DATA AND INFORMATION.

fwiep

Nov 17, 2016
www.fwiep.nl
Moto G6
i m noob in this field want to know about privacy in these roms as whole OS is engineered any type of hidden jobs can be implemented in the OS itself. HOW ONE CAN ASSURE ABOUT THE PRIVACY AND INTEGRITY OF THE DATA AND INFORMATION.
Hello,

It comes down to trust. Or knowledge and trust. As I see it, you can either choose to trust the developer(s) who release custom ROMs completely, or acquire the knowledge of each individual ROM component's internal working and then have to trust the developers who provide the plethora of source code to you, anyway.

To put it in other words, with my ROMs as an example: you can follow the LineageOS build instructions and use the manifest.xml I provide in the top post of this thread. You then get several gigabytes of source code downloaded; you have to read through all of it. Before building, however, you'll have to get the vendor specific binary blobs. Those are closed-source binaries provided by the vendors. Without these binaries (mostly chip firmwares), your device will not run.

So, in the end, it comes down to trusting the vendor to provide non-malicious blobs. And trusting all upstream developers at Google, the Android Open Source Project, LineageOS and of course folks like @brunogroa , who kindly invested his spare time to make recent Androids possible on the G6 devices.

If you just wanted to know how to verify that ROM downloads are provided by the original developer, look for digest-files and GPG-signatures with the downloaded ROM. Personally, I provide both: a SHA256-checksum file and a GPG-signature for that file, signed with my private key.

I hope this helps, kind regards,
FWieP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Thanks to the LineageOS-developers and @brunogroa, this is my build containing the March-2024 security patches.

I plan to keep this build updated with the monthly security patches, for as long as LineageOS supports Android 12. Only the last build will be available for download; I'll keep this post as up-to-date as possible.

Update: OTA
    Since the 2022-10-20 build, there is an OTA updater included in this ROM. It asks my download server for an updated build - just like in the official LineageOS. Don't forget to set it to check every month. It will download and install automatically; make sure you have a compatible recovery installed (preferably TWRP, see Links below).

Download
    Included/additional features
    Known bugs
    • 2nd SIM-card is not detected after reboot; open and close 2nd SIM-slot while booted to remedy
    • mobile-data and wifi-data measurements are always set to 0 bytes
    • incidental unresponsiveness after charging
    • see in-depth review by @the6hu8b
    Links
    Sources
    • Recent changes: LineageOS 19.1
    • Kernel tree: see roomservice.xml below
    • Device tree: see roomservice.xml below
    • Vendor tree: see roomservice.xml below
    roomservice.xml for building it yourself:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <!-- Kernel --> 
      <project name="brunorolak/kernel_motorola_msm8953" path="kernel/motorola/msm8953" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Device tree -->
      <project name="fwiep/device_motorola_ali" path="device/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
      <project name="fwiep/device_motorola_msm8953-common" path="device/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Vendor tree -->
      <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_ali" path="vendor/motorola/ali" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
      <project name="brunorolak/vendor_motorola_msm8953-common" path="vendor/motorola/msm8953-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />

<!-- Override LineageOS's QCom audio/display/media with custom AEX audio HALs -->
      <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_audio" />
      <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display" />
      <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_media" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/audio" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_audio" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/display" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_display" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom-caf/msm8996/media" name="AospExtended/platform_hardware_qcom_media" groups="qcom,legacy-qcom" revision="12.x-caf-msm8996" />

<!-- Override LineageOS's Updater package -->
      <remove-project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Updater" />
      <project name="fwiep/android_packages_apps_Updater" path="packages/apps/Updater" revision="lineage-19.1" />

</manifest>
    Kind regards, see you next month,
    FWieP
    tem previsão para A13??

Hi,

As far as I know, the developer who kindly provides the kernel-, device- and vendor sources has no plans to port Android 13 (LineageOS 20) for the ali.

However, Android 12.1 will receive security updates for at least 18 months or so (in light of Android 10 support being dropped about two months ago). Personally, I am happy with this extended support; keep in mind it's a device launched in 2018 :).

I am just a builder. If you can provide stable device-, kernel- and vendor sources for A13, I'll gladly give building a try. But at this moment, my G6 stays at LineageOS 19.1.

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    Yes, as are just about any custom ROM for the G6. Only stock OS is 32bit.
    That's why there is a link to a 64bit TWRP - the ROM can't be installed in a 32bit TWRP.

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    PSA - Don't update to an android 12.x ROM on the G6 if you use Microsoft Intune.

There's a bug with Intune on android 12:

Which appears to be fixed on a ROM-by-ROM basis by manufacturers and the community, meaning some ROMs work and some don't.

Example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/usrf7b
    I tried all three of the 12.1 ROMs we have for the G6 and Intune is broken on all of them.

Went back to an 11-based ROM and it works fine.
    Using FlameGapps for Android 12.0, I try to flash it in TWRP after I flash my ROM (clean flash of course), and I get "Wrong android version detected This package is for android: 12.0 only Your ROM is Android: 12"

This is because of the 12.0 and 12.1 (also called 12L) difference. This ROM is 12.1 (LineageOS 19.1). Please find packages for 12.1 specifically. Confusing, I know :)

Kind regards,
    FWieP