[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

haponib669

Nov 24, 2021
That's with the volume on max.

Not even trying to complain about the ROM, just wanted to warn other people by putting it into perspective and ask for a workaround.

And if it's such a common issue, why is it not mentioned at all in the "known issues" section? My first thought was that it's because it's an issue with Samsung devices, but if that was the case voLTE wouldn't be there.

And not sure why it matters, but my device is beyond2lte.
There isn't an issue to add at first place aosp or los does not come with Dolby Atmos and it's been known from older even in current or new devices the sound is not the same as stock, but that does not mean it's not loud enough... You can always modify it by yourself with some digging and searching!

Quinquadrate

Dec 25, 2019
There isn't an issue to add at first place aosp or los does not come with Dolby Atmos and it's been known from older even in current or new devices the sound is not the same as stock, but that does not mean it's not loud enough... You can always modify it by yourself with some digging and searching!
But other devices don't have this issue, so there should be at least some indication that sound is low, other than testing it yourself or reading through pages of comments. I can't see why things like calling with volte which are also known to not perform the same as stock are mentioned but in-call audio isn't.

You can always modify it by yourself with some digging and searching!
That's what i'm asking for, if anyone has successfully modified it to normal levels, because i've tried without any success so far.

Reactions: hasdroid

slytidar

May 31, 2012
But other devices don't have this issue, so there should be at least some indication that sound is low, other than testing it yourself or reading through pages of comments. I can't see why things like calling with volte which are also known to not perform the same as stock are mentioned but in-call audio isn't.

That's what i'm asking for, if anyone has successfully modified it to normal levels, because i've tried without any success so far.
What are the few things to look into to make it better ?

Hey @Linux4, hello there.
First of all i wanted to thank your great great work. Your ROM is amazing.
I have just one issue that causes me discomfort: when i want to take a picture from Whatsapp camera, first picture i take it takes some seconds to "load", and then i can send it. ¿Does have this issue relation with the rom? I reinstalled Whatsapp, i'm using "com.android.camera2 / cameraextensions".

Do you suggest some'?
Thanks in advance, and again, thank u for this!

Quinquadrate

Dec 25, 2019
Hey @Linux4, hello there.
First of all i wanted to thank your great great work. Your ROM is amazing.
I have just one issue that causes me discomfort: when i want to take a picture from Whatsapp camera, first picture i take it takes some seconds to "load", and then i can send it. ¿Does have this issue relation with the rom? I reinstalled Whatsapp, i'm using "com.android.camera2 / cameraextensions".

Do you suggest some'?
Thanks in advance, and again, thank u for this!
That happens to me as well.

on beyond2lte if that matters.

Reactions: klubbpaulo

fil3s

Nasogx

Jul 13, 2014
The call volume is almost dealbreaker imo

The volume on speakerphone is about as loud as the earpiece should be and the volume from the earpiece is only really audible in a quiet room.

Any fixes or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.
I experienced the same issue and i managed to fix it by modifying the mixer_gains.xml in /vendor/etc/

You will need root access for modifying the file though.

Replacing every occurence of value="4" with value="17"
and replacing value="789" with value="817" did it for me.
I think especially the gain-communication-handset entry needs to be changed.

Unfortunalety the file has been reset and i lost root access after installing the Nov. 27 update, so i recommend doing all updates before modifying the file.

Quinquadrate

Dec 25, 2019
Hey, first of all, nice ROM, smooth and reliable even in the current state! But is it just me or someone else has this little green LED blinking, when "AOD" is on? I wonder what can be the cause and the downsides of this... No matter if there are unread notifications or there are not, it just always blinks
I believe that's the proximity sensor

Reactions: Linux4

ilviandante

Jul 9, 2013
Hi! There is a way to obtain front camera quality like oem? I have tried opencamera,zgcam,gcam 8.1..but the quality of front camera is very low compared to samsung camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • DO NOT Report bugs while having Magisk installed (especially with Zygisk enabled)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820/tree/lineage-19.1
    Requirements:
    • Any Q, R or S based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Bixby and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and Lygisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    As this ROM has a working ramdisk sideloading the magisk apk is enough, just as it is
    on every other device, no bootimage with magisk included or installing to recovery is needed!
    I also strongly recommend to use Lygisk instead,
    which is a fork of Magisk that aims to improve support for devices with FBE that can't (and shouldn't anyways!) decrypt userdata in recovery,
    this will also fix OTAs getting stuck while having installed Magisk.
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel
    • All cameras are working
    • Ramdisk is working

Known issues

• VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • You tell me
    HI Linux4,
    Just a "little"question, when are we going to become official, do you have an idea?
    Thank you in advance for your answer and especially for all your work !

19.0 is in general not even close to an official release at this point, all I can tell you is, if we're not running into bigger issues (and currently we don't seem to) S10/N10 Series might be in the first batch of devices to get official 19.x once it's ready.
    Please don't ask for a more specific ETA because I can't give one.