[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][OTA][OSS] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos

Search This thread

AlexBurnout77

Nov 4, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

9rowfin

Mar 27, 2022
Hi there,

I just upgraded to 20220412 from 20220219 - Now I have no access to the internet via WiFi or LTE (SIM)?
I have obviously entered my home WiFi password, and it shows that it's connected, and have also enabled mobile data on LTE..

Is there something obvious I have done wrong when installing 20220412 via adb? Like I said, I had no issue with 20220219 - I only installed the updated ROM as it was available, and the fingerprint sensor stopped working (this now works again, but no internet!)

Thank you :)

******EDIT****** ALL IS GOOD - I tried using "Seedvault" in the attempt to not have to re-download everything,
and every app (besides FairEmail) would not allow an internet connection without reinstalling. Seems I am now good to go :cool:

Last edited:

reformator

May 3, 2022
Manifest for building a star2lte-version of the rom using docker-lineage-cicd:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <project name="Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9810" remote="github" revision="arrow-12.0" />
    <project name="Exynoobs/android_device_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
    <project name="Exynoobs/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
    <project name="Exynoobs/proprietary_vendor_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="vendor/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
    <project name="Exynoobs/proprietary_vendor_samsung_star2lte" path="vendor/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
</manifest>

When building yourself, it is possible to enable signature spoofing. microG works perfectly after building with SIGNATURE_SPOOFING set to "restricted".

scarymoviesg

Aug 12, 2007
Hi everyone. I am having problem setting up Work Profile via Intelligent Hub. It says "Failed to get token for google account". It is rooted with Magisk and I did not have this problem when it was running LIneageOS 18. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, guys.

friscoboi

Oct 1, 2016
I feel slow. Have been looking for that "Lineage Recovery" for S9 for over an hour now. There is no link. No luck searching the web.

How to get the "Lineage Recovery"?

teamacc

Dec 10, 2011
I feel slow. Have been looking for that "Lineage Recovery" for S9 for over an hour now. There is no link. No luck searching the web.

How to get the "Lineage Recovery"?
Check the "Builds" link in the OP, choose your device, and pick (for example) lineage-19.1-20220412-recovery-starlte.img (in case of sgs9)

kot7k

Aug 23, 2011
Hi,
Has been some time since latest update, will you continue updating it?.

Also, is there any reason that prevents you from applying to be official lineage? it would be very nice for many users that are holding back just for being unnoficial.

May 7, 2022
View attachment 5539609

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
  • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
josip-k
Linux4
Synt4x.93

Source Code: Exynoobs
Kernel source: https://github.com/Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal981
An excellent ROM, works perfectly. Thank you. Mind the gaps would not flash because it could not mount the partition but I was able to use nikigapps instead. Great work, thanks.

logz56k

Apr 25, 2020
View attachment 5539609

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
josip-k
Linux4
Synt4x.93

Kernel source: https://github.com/Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810
This rom looks amazing! I have one question though. Does NFC and Tap to pay work??

logz56k

Apr 25, 2020
Hey all. I am having trouble flashing this rom with the Lineage OS Recovery. Every time i try it comes up saying "Failed to update ODM Image". Please can someone help me out. Thanks.

Edit: I am on the star2lte (Samsung Galaxy S9+ Exynos)

icantintorecovery

Jun 24, 2022
the recovery image for galaxy s9 is wrong or corrupted because neither odin nor heimdall let me flash it, 7zip gives a wrong file error and doesn't compress it, please fix it
Edit: thanks now it works

Last edited:

TheHDR

Mar 7, 2018
I apologize if this has been answered or asked before, but is there a way to re-enable the feature that lets you hard press the screen to go home?

kentatsu2

Jul 1, 2022
Hello, its been a while since the last update. I guess you won't be updating this build anymore?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds for starlte/star2lte are up. Download/changelog in the first post!
    To everyone that's doing self builds, your wifi is failing because you use the wrong kernel source which does not use the updated drivers. As for updater, i am not sure, but i did try updating manually from the release before and that part worked.
    I was able to compile using the following roomservice:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <manifest>
         <project name="Repository44/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9810" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
         <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="vendor/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_starlte" path="vendor/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_star2lte" path="vendor/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
         <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
         <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
     </manifest>
    1607247455067.png

Instructions:

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    josip-k
    Linux4
    Synt4x.93

Kernel source: https://github.com/Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810
    Requirements:
    • Latest firmware

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk
    New builds for starlte/star2lte are up. Download/changelog in the first post!
    Hello guys, I just created an account here in XDA as I wanted to reply and possibly help out.

Thank you so much @DeHuMaNiZeD for this great ROM. I have a few Samsung devices that are no longer supported by official LineageOS, and your ROM allowed me to enjoy Android12. 🤩🥳

So far everything runs well, and I really enjoy encryption out of the box. The only issue I am confirming is with sound quality with Bluetooth. Tested on a couple of BT devices paired to a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Same phone with other ROMs such as /e/OS or ArrowOS did not have this problem.

• Cabled Music, Video, Calls: No issue
    • BT Music: Briefly stops and resumes. Happens between 30 and 90 seconds of continuous playback.
    • BT Video: Briefly stops and resumes, or mutes audio for a few seconds as video continues. With video happens all the time, and after failing and resuming for a couple of minutes, it sometimes disconnects BT device.
    • BT VoIP Calls: very similar to BT Video.

The issue is hard to describe. It sounds like if BT does not have enough bandwidth and starts dropping packets to keep up. And with heavier video or video calls, this happens much faster.

I am not an android developer but I do have a couple of spare devices compatible with this ROM. If there is anything I can do to help with testing, feel free to reach out.
    I am aware of the issue, it will get fixed in the next release.
    New builds are up :)