[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][OTA][OSS] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos

Search This thread

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Someone able to get VOLTE work, and how? Something tells me that flashing magisk could fix VOLTE, but im not sure. Beside this, im using it now for half a month +- and its good. But I would like to get VOLTE working.
thanks for this great rom. may i ask if ota is working? and do i need to update recovery also when updating this rom via ota?
OTA seems present but no update released yet.

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I can't get Magisk to work. The Superuser and Modules tabs are grayed out. Have I done something wrong?

I guess you have to finish the installation of magisk directly after the first boot, by clicking the magisk gear icon and let it continue (this activated root properly some time ago, as far as I can remember). Did you do that?

Last edited:

BlueStarZero

Jul 17, 2022
I guess you have to finish the installation of magisk directly after the first boot, by clicking the magisk gear icon and let it continue (this activated root properly some time ago, as far as I can remember). Did you do that?
All good now. I did a factory data reset, flashed LOS, then flashed Magisk immediately after. Now Im's just having trouble flashing MinMicroG. It doesn't play well with this LOS build: no matter what I do after flashing MinMicroG with Magisk then rebooting, the boot animation never completes. I can never get to the lock screen. A kink not ironed out in this ROM yet, I assume.

Last edited:

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
All good now. I did a factory data reset, flashed LOS, then flashed Magisk immediately after. Now Im's just having trouble flashing MinMicroG. It doesn't play well with this LOS build: no matter what I do after flashing MinMicroG with Magisk then rebooting, the boot animation never completes. I can never get to the lock screen. A kink not ironed out in this ROM yet, I assume.

MindTheGapps or GAPPS will work with LOS 19.1, the one you mentioned is not officially supported

Last edited:

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Really? At the beginning of this thread 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-214719_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20220816-214719_Firefox.png
    427 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

gfavre

Feb 1, 2021
Hello,
could anyone tells if it's possible to have only one SIM active at will (not both simultaneously) ?
Thank you very much.

bchang02

Aug 18, 2022
I managed to sideload the latest version and spent some time setting everything up. So far, it looks great, and I really appreciate the hard work the developers put into this ROM. I am seeing a few issues:
  1. Connecting a bluetooth keyboard (K810) does not appear to work. I am able to start the pairing process but after typing in the code the dialog stays on-screen. After hitting cancel, I see it's paired, but I cannot connect to it.
  2. I have had an issue with my cell network connection where it would not reliably stay on LTE. I am on the T-Mobile network and prior to the 3G shutdown, it would connect to the LTE then after a min, it would drop down to HSPA+. Since the shutdown, it now connects to LTE then drops off completely. As of now I forced to stay on 2G, which appears to have a stable connection but no data.
    I've tried to use the SIM2 slot, and it appears to stay on LTE just fine, but unusually I'm not able to receive any SMS or phone calls.

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I managed to sideload the latest version and spent some time setting everything up. So far, it looks great, and I really appreciate the hard work the developers put into this ROM. I am seeing a few issues:
  1. Connecting a bluetooth keyboard (K810) does not appear to work. I am able to start the pairing process but after typing in the code the dialog stays on-screen. After hitting cancel, I see it's paired, but I cannot connect to it.
  2. I have had an issue with my cell network connection where it would not reliably stay on LTE. I am on the T-Mobile network and prior to the 3G shutdown, it would connect to the LTE then after a min, it would drop down to HSPA+. Since the shutdown, it now connects to LTE then drops off completely. As of now I forced to stay on 2G, which appears to have a stable connection but no data.
    I've tried to use the SIM2 slot, and it appears to stay on LTE just fine, but unusually I'm not able to receive any SMS or phone calls.
Are you running the system with the correct CSC? I just noticed Im on TNL, but PHN is recommended (in Netherlands). Now I'm going to repeat the whole process. It works, but I want to see the differences.

bchang02

Aug 18, 2022
Are you running the system with the correct CSC? I just noticed Im on TNL, but PHN is recommended (in Netherlands). Now I'm going to repeat the whole process. It works, but I want to see the differences.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with how the CSC works in conjunction with Lineage. Are you referencing the vendor or baseband version I should be using?

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Yes, altough I guess that makes difference. But not 100% sure..

Edit: you could also have flashed the wrong modem in Odin, this is more likely.
I suggest flashing the latest modem for your phone model first (CP in Odin, is modem), if that doesn't help start from the beginning with the correct firmware package.

Last edited:

Neo_78

Apr 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hey all. I am having trouble flashing this rom with the Lineage OS Recovery. Every time i try it comes up saying "Failed to update ODM Image". Please can someone help me out. Thanks.

Edit: I am on the star2lte (Samsung Galaxy S9+ Exynos)

Hi logz56k,

i'm encountering exactly the same issue than you.
I'm also on the star2lte (Samsung galaxy S9+ Exynos)

I followed exactly the different steps mentioned above in the beginning of this thread (unsing lineage recovery), but when getting to step 4. ( sideload of lineageOS image) I get the following lines :

Patching system image unconditionally...
Patching vendor image unconditionally...
Patching odm image unconditionally...
E2001: Failed to update image.
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

I'm ready to produce other log file if needed to solve the problem but the phone is my everyday life phone and i'm reflashing it with stock rom .... so that might not be very fast to produce ...

thanks in advance if you have any clue to move forward .

81Leon

Aug 21, 2022
Hello,
for days I have been trying to install the new operating system with the custom rom but I am having great difficulties that I have tried to solve but so far without succeeding.
I will briefly summarize in order to let you have the complete picture and thus be able to give me a hand to be able to enter the users who manage to install LineageOs 19 on their Galaxy S9 and thus give it new life!
I have Windows 10 64 bit, I can connect and use my S9 (I also installed Samsung Smart) and I can enter and use ADB (the smartphone is recognized) and I have already unlocked OEM and activated Debug.
The problem arises when I enter Download mode, from there it is not recognized by Windows or by Odin or Heimdall ...
I tried to install several drivers to allow Windows to detect it but nothing to do !!
When I connect it I find it in "Device Manager" as a Serial Gadget.
Trying with Odin to detect it, that times it manages to find it, unfortunately it returns me a communication error with the COM port and I cannot continue.
I am attaching all the information that I managed to capture, if you need anything else ask to be able to solve the problem.

Help me!!! I implore you ...

adb_devices.jpg
Download_mode_1.jpgDownload_mode_2.jpgOdin error.jpgGestione dispositivi Win10.jpgGestione dispositivi Win10_n2.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: tonycfc

81Leon

Aug 21, 2022
Hello,
for days I have been trying to install the new operating system with the custom rom but I am having great difficulties that I have tried to solve but so far without succeeding.
I will briefly summarize in order to let you have the complete picture and thus be able to give me a hand to be able to enter the users who manage to install LineageOs 19 on their Galaxy S9 and thus give it new life!
I have Windows 10 64 bit, I can connect and use my S9 (I also installed Samsung Smart) and I can enter and use ADB (the smartphone is recognized) and I have already unlocked OEM and activated Debug.
The problem arises when I enter Download mode, from there it is not recognized by Windows or by Odin or Heimdall ...
I tried to install several drivers to allow Windows to detect it but nothing to do !!
When I connect it I find it in "Device Manager" as a Serial Gadget.
Trying with Odin to detect it, that times it manages to find it, unfortunately it returns me a communication error with the COM port and I cannot continue.
I am attaching all the information that I managed to capture, if you need anything else ask to be able to solve the problem.

Help me!!! I implore you ...

View attachment 5692317
View attachment 5692319View attachment 5692321View attachment 5692327View attachment 5692335View attachment 5692337
Hi guys,
I update you on the situation with my attempt to install the custom Rom ...
I managed to get Odin and my S9 (starlte) to talk by connecting it to a USB 2.0 port.

So I say this for those who like me have / are going crazy ..
DO NOT USE USB 3.0 PORTS TO FLASH THE SMARTPHONE BUT CONNECT IT TO A USB 2.0 PORT !!

After installing the Rom, I find myself with the smartphone that is not certified on Google Play and I cannot install some apps including some of the samsung that I need to connect my smartwatch :cry: ... how is it possible to solve?

ThatFinn

Sep 3, 2022
Hi guys,
I update you on the situation with my attempt to install the custom Rom ...
I managed to get Odin and my S9 (starlte) to talk by connecting it to a USB 2.0 port.

So I say this for those who like me have / are going crazy ..
DO NOT USE USB 3.0 PORTS TO FLASH THE SMARTPHONE BUT CONNECT IT TO A USB 2.0 PORT !!

After installing the Rom, I find myself with the smartphone that is not certified on Google Play and I cannot install some apps including some of the samsung that I need to connect my smartwatch :cry: ... how is it possible to solve?

Disclaimer:​

I take NO Responsibility if something goes wrong.​

You can install Magisk, then the enable Zygisk. Then reboot. Then you have the install the MagiskHidePropsConf Module and the Universal SafetyNet Fix Module. Then reboot. Then install a terminal emulator like Termux and type "su". Then grant Termux SuperUser Permissions. After that type "props". Then type "1" - Edit device fingerprint. Then "f" - Pick a certified fingerprint. Then "26" - Samsung. Then type the number that represents your samsung device. Then choose the latest android version fingerprint (Don't worry it doesn't matter that it's android 10 in case of the S9). Then type "y" to confirm. Then type "y" again to reboot. Download a safety net check app from the Play Store to see if your device passes SafetyNet.
Note: Netflix still might show up in the Play Store but you can install it using the Aurora Store and Banking apps are working.

Last edited:

nidza010

Apr 13, 2015
Why I can't install GApps 12.1.0 arm 64? It is error 1.

Can someone help me?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    josip-k
    Linux4
    Synt4x.93

Source Code: Exynoobs
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810
    Requirements:
    • Latest firmware

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk
    New builds for starlte/star2lte are up. Download/changelog in the first post!
    Hello guys, I just created an account here in XDA as I wanted to reply and possibly help out.

Thank you so much @DeHuMaNiZeD for this great ROM. I have a few Samsung devices that are no longer supported by official LineageOS, and your ROM allowed me to enjoy Android12. 🤩🥳

So far everything runs well, and I really enjoy encryption out of the box. The only issue I am confirming is with sound quality with Bluetooth. Tested on a couple of BT devices paired to a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Same phone with other ROMs such as /e/OS or ArrowOS did not have this problem.

• Cabled Music, Video, Calls: No issue
    • BT Music: Briefly stops and resumes. Happens between 30 and 90 seconds of continuous playback.
    • BT Video: Briefly stops and resumes, or mutes audio for a few seconds as video continues. With video happens all the time, and after failing and resuming for a couple of minutes, it sometimes disconnects BT device.
    • BT VoIP Calls: very similar to BT Video.

The issue is hard to describe. It sounds like if BT does not have enough bandwidth and starts dropping packets to keep up. And with heavier video or video calls, this happens much faster.

I am not an android developer but I do have a couple of spare devices compatible with this ROM. If there is anything I can do to help with testing, feel free to reach out.
    I am aware of the issue, it will get fixed in the next release.
    • This build does not use the stock vendor, instead it's built on top of new trees which have been worked on for some time. The source is on our github, link in OP. You also get a few neat features like fingerprint gestures, and bixby button that actually works with both normal and long press.
    • I suggest using OpenCamera since stock one has some issues with flash.
    • These builds are signed with our release keys.
    • star2lte and crownlte support will come a bit later as i don't own the devices, but they will be supported eventually.
    THESE BUILDS HAVE FORCE ENCRYPTION ENABLED, AND ONLY LINEAGE RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED. THESE THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE. IF YOU DON'T USE LINEAGE RECOVERY, AND SUFFER FROM DATA LOSS, DON'T COMPLAIN HERE.