[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][OTA][OSS] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos

Search This thread

ElPakoTech

Apr 18, 2020
Hi, thanks for your works. I build from your sources and it works really well.

Recently, I updated lineage from your last updated sources but I lost my WiFi which is failing to start. Do I need to flush data/vendor from recovery as it seems that the WiFi driver change ?

Or does someone have WiFi issue too with the last build ?

murderbee

Aug 1, 2022
I installed LineageOS last week on an S9. Worked perfectly. Thank you for providing this software and documentation!
Today I received an update notification, downloaded the update, tapped "install", "preliminary something" progress bar filled, then I got an "install error". Do I have to manually sideload the update or should it work with the built-in updater?

Neurotical

Feb 7, 2011
Hi, thanks for your works. I build from your sources and it works really well.

Recently, I updated lineage from your last updated sources but I lost my WiFi which is failing to start. Do I need to flush data/vendor from recovery as it seems that the WiFi driver change ?

Or does someone have WiFi issue too with the last build ?
I also encountered a failure of WiFi to enable after compiling the latest version of this rom. The WiFi toggle does not stay on and WiFi doesn't work.

BlueStarZero

Jul 17, 2022
I installed LineageOS last week on an S9. Worked perfectly. Thank you for providing this software and documentation!
Today I received an update notification, downloaded the update, tapped "install", "preliminary something" progress bar filled, then I got an "install error". Do I have to manually sideload the update or should it work with the built-in updater?
I'm having this exact same issue with my S9+. Any advice? What should we do?

Also, has anyone been able to successfully install MinMicroG on this ROM?

Last edited:

Ferexio

Hi, I wanna ask about NFC, because I would like install LineageOS 19, but for me NFC is very important, and I would like know that how chance is that NFC will be working because I am only paying using Google Pay. I would like know too how is about internet, phone speed and battery drain - how much draining power from battery. I need speed, and stable rom so I would like know your (forum members) opinion about this rom. If you want then please tell me this informations in private message. Thank you a lot!
Regards

Reactions: wooliesq

ElPakoTech

Apr 18, 2020

Neurotical

Feb 7, 2011
I was able to compile using the following roomservice:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <manifest>
     <project name="Repository44/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9810" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="vendor/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_starlte" path="vendor/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_star2lte" path="vendor/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
     <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
 </manifest>

Reactions: Concept48

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
I was able to compile using the following roomservice:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <manifest>
     <project name="Repository44/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9810" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_exynos9810-common" path="vendor/samsung/exynos9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_starlte" path="vendor/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="Repository44/proprietary_vendor_samsung_star2lte" path="vendor/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1_rollback" />
     <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
     <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-19.1" />
 </manifest>
Bro you are talking to a noob , a smartr one but this I do not understand ,could you explain it please ? I will try to understand

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Last edited:

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
  • This build does not use the stock vendor, instead it's built on top of new trees which have been worked on for some time. The source is on our github, link in OP. You also get a few neat features like fingerprint gestures, and bixby button that actually works with both normal and long press.
  • I suggest using OpenCamera since stock one has some issues with flash.
  • These builds are signed with our release keys.
  • star2lte and crownlte support will come a bit later as i don't own the devices, but they will be supported eventually.
THESE BUILDS HAVE FORCE ENCRYPTION ENABLED, AND ONLY LINEAGE RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED. THESE THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE. IF YOU DON'T USE LINE

Last edited:

john316v

Jan 15, 2020
thanks for this great rom. may i ask if ota is working? and do i need to update recovery also when updating this rom via ota?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    josip-k
    Linux4
    Synt4x.93

Source Code: Exynoobs
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Exynoobs/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810
    Requirements:
    • Latest firmware

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk
    • This build does not use the stock vendor, instead it's built on top of new trees which have been worked on for some time. The source is on our github, link in OP. You also get a few neat features like fingerprint gestures, and bixby button that actually works with both normal and long press.
    • I suggest using OpenCamera since stock one has some issues with flash.
    • These builds are signed with our release keys.
    • star2lte and crownlte support will come a bit later as i don't own the devices, but they will be supported eventually.
    THESE BUILDS HAVE FORCE ENCRYPTION ENABLED, AND ONLY LINEAGE RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED. THESE THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE. IF YOU DON'T USE LINEAGE RECOVERY, AND SUFFER FROM DATA LOSS, DON'T COMPLAIN HERE.
    New builds for starlte/star2lte are up. Download/changelog in the first post!
    Hello guys, I just created an account here in XDA as I wanted to reply and possibly help out.

Thank you so much @DeHuMaNiZeD for this great ROM. I have a few Samsung devices that are no longer supported by official LineageOS, and your ROM allowed me to enjoy Android12. 🤩🥳

So far everything runs well, and I really enjoy encryption out of the box. The only issue I am confirming is with sound quality with Bluetooth. Tested on a couple of BT devices paired to a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Same phone with other ROMs such as /e/OS or ArrowOS did not have this problem.

• Cabled Music, Video, Calls: No issue
    • BT Music: Briefly stops and resumes. Happens between 30 and 90 seconds of continuous playback.
    • BT Video: Briefly stops and resumes, or mutes audio for a few seconds as video continues. With video happens all the time, and after failing and resuming for a couple of minutes, it sometimes disconnects BT device.
    • BT VoIP Calls: very similar to BT Video.

The issue is hard to describe. It sounds like if BT does not have enough bandwidth and starts dropping packets to keep up. And with heavier video or video calls, this happens much faster.

I am not an android developer but I do have a couple of spare devices compatible with this ROM. If there is anything I can do to help with testing, feel free to reach out.
    I am aware of the issue, it will get fixed in the next release.