[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12][S]LineageOS 19.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Ok, that's more informative. I see some fatal crashes that shouldn't appear.
Code:
01-10 13:09:24.143  7126  7126 F DEBUG   : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE), fault addr --------
01-10 13:09:24.143  7126  7126 F DEBUG   : Abort message: 'terminating with uncaught exception of type St16invalid_argument: stoi: no conversion'
Please be patient, this will take some time.
In the meantime: What mhl adapter are you using?

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
OnePlus 6
The one I'm using is sadly unmarked, it's just a piece of cable with a micro usb port on one side, an hdmi port on the other, and a converter chip with a power input in the middle. I have another MHL cable, but I suspect that this one is broken, I never got it to work (that's why I bought the second one in the first place).

Just for kicks, here is the logcat from my old adaptor (the one I think is broken/incompatible). It converts directly to DVI and I believe it is this one: https://www.delock.com/produkt/65337/dokumente.html

But again, I suspect that the DVI one is broken. Interestingly, it does not freeze with the DVI adapter. But it doesn't show a picture either.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I was wondering if you know of a way to disable the Aurora services without rooting it.
Why do you need to do that. Aurora Services will only be used of you chooes it to be the Installation method when you first configure Aurora Store, or in Aurora Services Settings. If you don'twant to use Aurora Services, choose a different intsalltion method.

Disabling doesn't really achieve anything

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
OnePlus 6
I'm using GApps, for reasons, and I just never touch Aurora. If you don't tell it to do something, it just wastes a cm of your screen :)

Anyway, couldn't you go into recovery, and remove the .apk from /system? That should get rid of it as well, right?

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
New version out; see 1st post.
  • Android security patch level: 5 January 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111-183034_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20230111-183034_Settings.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: username one

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
OnePlus 6
@1ggn3 : Please test this version regarding mhl...
It's... weird. Right now, it works on my TV. I swear that 5 minutes ago, it froze in the exact same setup. On one of my monitors, it displays random noise, and on the other, it worked for two minutes, and then stopped.

I'll have to investigate a bit more, and collect some more data... but thank you so far :D

dim.on

Aug 3, 2012
Here is a dirty hack for people who have issues with the proximity sensor e.g. in cases where the incallui goes black.

diff --git a/services/sensorservice/SensorDevice.cpp b/services/sensorservice/SensorDevice.cpp index e4efde2448..59de934888 100644 --- a/services/sensorservice/SensorDevice.cpp +++ b/services/sensorservice/SensorDevice.cpp @@ -166,6 +166,12 @@ void SensorDevice::initializeSensorList() { // Don't crash here or the device will go into a crashloop. ALOGW("%s should have a non-zero resolution", sensor.name); } + + // DIM + if (!strcmp(sensor.name, "APDS-9910 Proximity")) { + sensor.maxRange = 4; + ALOGW("-DIM- APDS-9910 Proximity: setting maxRange to 4"); + } } // Sanity check and clamp power if it is 0 (or close)

On my device (Z5) the sensor reports its maxrange as 5.03...cm however the actual distance when nothing is in front of the sensor is reported as 4.9..... cm. The incallui checks if the current proximity value is smaller than maxrange - if true the screen goes dark.

Edit: You might have to change the sensor.name on Z5C devices.

dim.on

Aug 3, 2012
For the crackling audio you might do something like this - however it will increase audio latency.

diff audio_policy_configuration.xml_ audio_policy_configuration.xml 16:32:27 62c62 < <mixPort name="primary output" role="source" flags="AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_FAST|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY"> --- > <mixPort name="primary output" role="source" flags="AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY">

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Hmmm. I have to be more precise in my questions:
Where does the information come from that one should use AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER instead of AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_FAST?

And from where does the "dirty hack" of SensorDevice.cpp come from?

dim.on

Aug 3, 2012
Well, both came out of my mind.

The crackling audio is a buffer underrun, so the audio patch increases the audio buffer size of the primary output .
The dirty hack is a result of looking at the code of incallui and DisplayPowerManager. You could do it cleaner by shiming the sensor hal, but that's substantially more work.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
The crackling audio is a buffer underrun, so the audio patch increases the audio buffer size of the primary output .
Is that for sure?
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER is used in my android_device_sony_kitakami-common/audio/audio_policy_configuration.xml in this sector:
Code:
                <mixPort name="deep_buffer" role="source"
                        flags="AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER">
                    <profile name="" format="AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT"
                             samplingRates="44100,48000" channelMasks="AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO"/>
                </mixPort>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 19.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

New: ROM with microG apk's included in priv-app:
    Download 2024-03-17

Please pay attention: microG can't coexist with GApps! So decide whether to install microG OR GApps!

If you want to remove microG, enter these commands line by line in a terminal:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb shell

mount -o remount,rw /

rm /system/priv-app/DroidGuard/DroidGuard.apk
    rm /system/priv-app/FakeStore/FakeStore.apk
    rm /system/priv-app/GmsCore/GmsCore.apk
    rm /system/priv-app/GsfProxy/GsfProxy.apk

exit

Reboot!

Or flash this microG-remover.

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed ROM and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 12 (S)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 March 2024
    • Using Sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.7.0!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted. For rooting you can use Magisk.
    • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
      Otherwise the baseband files may not match.
    Working:
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • New: Camera fully working! (with the restriction to 8 MP)
    • Enforced SELinux support
    • Fingerprint (sometimes crashes)
    • FM-Radio (maybe it needs a few restarts before it's working)
    • GApps
    • German App AusweisApp2
    • GPS
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay
    • Location services
    • Network Traffic Monitoring
    • NFC
    • Notifications
    • Notification LED
    • Offline charging
    • Phone calls
    • Reboot into recovery and bootloader
    • Sensors
    • Signed build
    • SMS
    • Sounds
    • Torch
    • WiFi
    • ...please tell me...
    These things are NOT (or badly) working:
    • Encryption
    • Payment
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • VoLTE
    Maybe some more things are not working. Please tell me...

Use this ROM at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this ROM in any way.

Benefits:

• Added Aurora-Store, F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.

One last request:

Please, do not ask about problems for which my ROM is not responsible.
    From now on I will only react to problems that I can reproduce and that are caused by my ROM.

I'm sorry for that, but I'm developing this ROM in my spare time and I still have a normal life.
    Dear Bernie-0815,

Your ROM 19.1 works like a charm. Had it installed two weeks ago and tried all kinds of stuff; nothing failed so far. I just wanted to give you a very huge Thank You! for your efforts and your great work.

I used the old official Lineage 14.1 until now because I was hesitant to try an 'unofficial' version. But your ROM has breathed new life into this smartphone which I attempt to keep for a number of reasons (small size, headphone jack, not interested in fancy new hardware etc.).

So, I just wanted to reach out and thank you for making it possible to use older, yet absolutely functional smartphones longer. I recommended your ROM to a friend also using a Z5 compact (still with the stock Sony ROM) and think she'll soon go for it as well.

Keep up the good work, and be assured that there are people out there still using the Z5 Compact on a daily base and in productive mode!
    • Android security patch level: 5 June 2023
    • Android security patch level: 5 July 2023
    • Android security patch level: 5 May 2023