[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L] crDroid 8.x and LineageOS 19.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*, h3gduoschn)

Search This thread

IntoSoul

Dec 4, 2020
I have a note 3 t mobile and I am trying to install lineageos Android 12. I did the normal wipe > format data, reboot recovery, install rom and get twrp error 1 message. I tried wipe data, dalvik, system and cache and then install the same message. Then I flash my device back to stock rom and then reinstall twrp recovery v3.6.2 and still the same problem. I have no issue flashing lineageos android 7 and 10 roms but cannot flash Lineageos android 12. Is there an extra step that is required to install Lineagos Andriod 12 that is different from previous old firmware? I try finding answer online but it is like only I am experiencing this error 1.

I am running into the same issue with Note 2 sgh-i317m with lineageos andriod 12.

All I want to do is just install the rom, root with Magisk and no GApps but i cannot even pass the rom installation process. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

mtran66

Mar 21, 2011
hi guys,

Been trying to get this set up since last night. I managed to install crdroid and gapps. On the initial boot, everything seems to be working. After logging into gapps, I cannot reboot the phone. It gets stuck on the crdroid icon.

I've tried nikgapps, mindthegapps, bitgapps. I get the same issue.

if I wipe the phone, it will boot again.

any ideas or any known version of gapps that doesn't cause this problem?

Abdelhay.ali

Oct 9, 2022
Huawei P20 Lite
hi guys,

Been trying to get this set up since last night. I managed to install crdroid and gapps. On the initial boot, everything seems to be working. After logging into gapps, I cannot reboot the phone. It gets stuck on the crdroid icon.

I've tried nikgapps, mindthegapps, bitgapps. I get the same issue.

if I wipe the phone, it will boot again.

any ideas or any known version of gapps that doesn't cause this problem?
The problem with hlte version.
Try hltekor with Lolz-Kernel for hlte or hltechn, that works with me

IntoSoul

Dec 4, 2020
I have a note 3 t mobile and I am trying to install lineageos Android 12. I did the normal wipe > format data, reboot recovery, install rom and get twrp error 1 message. I tried wipe data, dalvik, system and cache and then install the same message. Then I flash my device back to stock rom and then reinstall twrp recovery v3.6.2 and still the same problem. I have no issue flashing lineageos android 7 and 10 roms but cannot flash Lineageos android 12. Is there an extra step that is required to install Lineagos Andriod 12 that is different from previous old firmware? I try finding answer online but it is like only I am experiencing this error 1.

I am running into the same issue with Note 2 sgh-i317m with lineageos andriod 12.

All I want to do is just install the rom, root with Magisk and no GApps but i cannot even pass the rom installation process. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Turns out I also need to wipe Vendor before installation. But even then, I get

E2001: Failed to update vendor image.
Updater process ended with error:1
Error installing zip file

I also tried repairing vendor partition and still get the same error msg. Does any know how to fix this issue?

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Can't believe I'm running 12.1 crDroid on this hltetmo n900t! Many, many thanks, @html6405.

Only problem was not being able to bypass face recognition on setup.

In any case, very happy this great piece of hardware lives on!

EDIT
Should mention the phantom kernel was from c.2019, baseband QD2, and I flashed the latest twrp (3.7.0_9-0) from v2.8.7.0. Wanted to use opengapps but no 12.x version available so used mindthegapps. After first boot and initialize, went back to recovery and flashed latest magisk (25.2). Everything working great so far.

Last edited:

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Update: I looked at the LineageOS site and found out the hltemo is compatible with the Verizon model. Thanks.
@webhook, in your earlier post you mentioned getting a Verizon model, and now, that they are compatible.

Not sure what's going on there but, if the choice is yours, definitely don't get the Verizon model, especially if it has the later firmware update. Unless things have changed (been away from that model for years), you won't be able to mod it since the update locked out the exploit that was being used earlier.

Of course if it's already rooted, carry on!

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Also to add to it, I rooted it on Lollipop, 5.0 update.
Good, so it hadn't been updated.

A close relative asked me about rooting her N900V years ago; unfortunately she had just done the killer update so the phone was finished.

You may still want to sell off that Verizon model and pick up one of these. Activity here is robust, there is deceased.

Good, so it hadn't been updated.

A close relative asked me about rooting her N900V years ago; unfortunately she had just done the killer update so the phone was finished.

You may still want to sell off that Verizon model and pick up one of these. Activity here is robust, there is deceased.
I think on samfm you can find a 5.0 firmware there. Just search up the N900V firmware there. You can downgrade using Odin i think.

Reactions: A.M.2.K.M

N6500

Mar 15, 2016
Smila
Телефон/Phone

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9002 Dual SIM

SM-N9002 Має два радіо модуля на кожну сімку. Тобто якщо дзвонять на 1SIM то на 2SIM Виклик також приймається.

Прошивка класна але не працює звук на другій SIM карті (Виклик іде, але нічого не чути).
Підкажіть будь ласка що треба зробити щоб запрацював звук на другій SIM карті?

SM-N9002 Has two radio modules for each sim. That is, if they call on 1SIM, the call is also accepted on 2SIM.
The firmware is cool, but the sound does not work on the second SIM card (The call goes through, but nothing is heard).
Please tell me what needs to be done to make the sound work on the second SIM card?

Last edited:

Te3k

May 18, 2013
N900W8 here (Canada version). I'm having an issue getting past boot. After flashing, it gets up to the first few frames of the boot logo, but then freezes, and loops continuously.

Every ROM I've tried, including this one, flashes fine from TWRP. ROMs I've tried:

Lineage 18, 19, 19.1, 20
crDroid 7.27, 8.6

I've tried all this with and without gapps/mindthegapps.

I also tried pairing LOLZ kernel.

I've tried HLTE, HLTETMO, HLTECHN versions. Canada is apparently supposed to be HLTETMO.

I've tried in TWRP 3.3.0, 3.6.1, 3.7.0.

I've tried going back to completely stock ROM on Odin. That's the only one that successfully boots.

But even after going to stock, flashing TWRP with Odin, and installing any of the above zips from TWRP, I can never get the dang thing past the boot logo. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

On a whim, I tried an older ROM (Ressurection Remix 6.1.0) and it worked. Is this something to do with my bootloader? It was my understanding that up-to-date ROMs would write a new bootloader, but maybe it can't jump to the new one for some reason related to the installed bootloader being too old.

Suspecting a bootloader issue, I tried extracting and flashing just the boot.img from the matching Lineage ROM to the boot partition with Odin, right after flashing the ROM, to try to force the new boot partition to take. Didn't get anywhere. Hoping I'm not stuck on old ROMs and can get Lineage going, but so far I'm pretty stuck. Haven't seen any info about a required bootloader. I've been trying to make the jump after installing stock ROM (Android 5), flashing TWRP from Odin, wiping all partitions, and then sideloading Lineage OS from MicroSD. It just gets to boot animation, freezes, and boot cycles, on all of the above ROMs except stock and that old RR so far.

Last edited:
N900W8 here (Canada version). I'm having an issue getting past boot. After flashing, it gets up to the first few frames of the boot logo, but then freezes, and loops continuously.

Every ROM I've tried, including this one, flashes fine from TWRP. ROMs I've tried:

Lineage 18, 19, 19.1, 20
crDroid 7.27, 8.6

I've tried all this with and without gapps/mindthegapps.

I also tried pairing LOLZ kernel.

I've tried HLTE, HLTETMO, HLTECHN versions. Canada is apparently supposed to be HLTETMO.

I've tried in TWRP 3.3.0, 3.6.1, 3.7.0.

I've tried going back to completely stock ROM on Odin. That's the only one that successfully boots.

But even after going to stock, flashing TWRP with Odin, and installing any of the above zips from TWRP, I can never get the dang thing past the boot logo. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

On a whim, I tried an older ROM (Ressurection Remix 6.1.0) and it worked. Is this something to do with my bootloader? It was my understanding that up-to-date ROMs would write a new bootloader, but maybe it can't jump to the new one for some reason related to the installed bootloader being too old.

Suspecting a bootloader issue, I tried extracting and flashing just the boot.img from the matching Lineage ROM to the boot partition with Odin, right after flashing the ROM, to try to force the new boot partition to take. Didn't get anywhere. Hoping I'm not stuck on old ROMs and can get Lineage going, but so far I'm pretty stuck. Haven't seen any info about a required bootloader. I've been trying to make the jump after installing stock ROM (Android 5), flashing TWRP from Odin, wiping all partitions, and then sideloading Lineage OS from MicroSD. It just gets to boot animation, freezes, and boot cycles, on all of the above ROMs except stock and that old RR so far.
Hello Te3k! Good timing on your post, I recently just unsoft bricked and frp unlocked and bootloader unlocked a phone I had in the drawer because I've been trying to de-google and custom rom upgrade as many devices as I can that I own! :) But the information on how to go further with that particular device is sparse and not so clear (its on stock android10 so far was just happy to revive it at this point).

So I figured while I keep researching that to make sure I lineage and degoogle that correctly, I would practice with my old trusty note 3 which I also remembered having difficulty running custom roms on it. I like you experienced almost the same where literally no matter what basically no custom roms would run on it EXCEPT ONE (well and of course stock roms but that's boring xD). Previously and what was just on there before upgrading successfully the only custom rom I got to work on it was AOKP oreo 8.1 found here on xda a couple years back.

I always wondered why that was but at that time I was just happy to have something newer and nonbloated than stock old lollipop. Seeing your post got me to experiment and try to figure out why our devices won't run custom roms. We both can't have something wrong with our particular devices so it must be something else, and I think I figured out the solution even though I don't know why it works.

The way you described it, it is not a standard bootloop that happens (same as me). A standard bootloop just shows the first manufacturer logo (our case for this device samsung) and then very quickly loops only that logo. For us it gets past that but then when for example seeing the lineage logo appear it will either almost get to the startup screen or crash before it and then loop doing that again and again. Once I did actually get to the startup screen but then when I touched the screen it crashed and looped. It seems that touching it makes it crash sooner but even without touching anything it still does regardless.

So I looked back and tried to see what was different about the AOKP rom which was different from all the others I had tried. And the difference jumped out at me immediately.

With the other roms I was very particular to get the rom for my particular variant (for me it's TMobile SM-N900T / hltetmo) and I don't know if I wasn't looking 100% closely at it at the time or just no roms were working so I was willing to try anything and I flashed that AOKP hlte generic rom just to see if I could get anything to work. (I didn't realize at the time though that that's what it was that let it work).

So hlte instead of hltetmo is basically the non carrier branded generic version of the phone I believe and as strange as it seems that's what got the latest official lineage rom working for me on my hltetmo note 3! :D

html6405's unofficial lineage roms here OR even the official lineage roms don't work for me and I experience the same problem as you with them IF i select my tmobile variant choosing hltetmo... However, noticing the working rom I had on it was just hlte unified AOKP I for the heck of it tried the hlte version of the rom instead and bingobangobongo! The lineage logo progressed past startup sequence and into the setup and welcome screens and its working!

Then I installed magisk had it patch the boot image (thats why lineage has the boot file neatly next to the rom download also with their recovery But I'm using the latest version of TWRP 3.7.0 for hlte since TWRP is better all around and more feature full if you've got it working [that's a question for my other device whether it is or not])
Then rebooted to TWRP recovery and used it to flash the patched boot image and fingers crossed it loads up and I now have root as well. :)

This is great, but there's a slight complication: I'm also trying to help a friend get their location services working properly on their degoogled phone and figuring out the best way to do it while still remaining degoogled. On AOKP I was trying using the UnifiedNLP on it's own with various backends Mozilla, Apple, Local Wifi, etc and it didn't seem to be working correctly so I've been getting this far to test with microg instead but just using the NLP part of it, but now I realize it may have just been the signature spoofing was needed and maybe that would've worked, but I'll still try it with microg as well to find a solution. Also could be the device being old and location not working to well on it either.

So I could either install the hlte version of lineage with signature spoofing patched in already along with including microg bundled (lineageformicrog unofficial fork) or I could use this magisk module I found called 'microG Install Revived' which claims to also include signature spoofing with the module so I decided to try that.

And yeah it seems that does work although the microg settings still claim it doesn't support signature spoofing but its checking system wide rather than just for microg with the magisk module. Basically its a one specific application suite sig spoof rather than allowing it systemwide.

But I wanted to verify my theory that flashing the hlte generic non variant roms is the solution and after making a twrp backup of this setup (lineage official 18.1 + magisk root + module signature spoof + microg) I proceeded to get the lineage for microg version and do the usual factory reset plus system wipe and flash it!

And it also works fine and in this case I only needed to redo patching the boot image with magisk and flashing it and installing some NLP backends and it's equivalent or greater (because now it does allow full system sig spoofing and the boxes are checked in the self check in microg settings, whether you think that's better or worse is up to you). Also made a TWRP backup of this setup as well so now I have restorable AOKP 8.1 rooted, or lineage 18.1 official no sig spoof magisk rooted microg moduled, or lineage 18.1 unofficial sig spoofed magisk rooted! :D

So there you have it! Hopefully it works for you as well to get custom roms going for you again on this classic device! Maybe if it does and I helped you then you could help me get TWRP working on my newer device I'm being more careful with since it's the one I have my service sim card in lol and don't want to wreck it, although I haven't had a device that was totally unrecoverable yet :D But unlike this one TWRP doesn't read the partitions so I feel like it cant flash and it would be unwise to try it and have had to stick with fastboot on it which if people are providing TWRP flashable zips I'm not sure how to translate that to fastboot flashable commands just yet. Lol that device has fastboot and no TWRP these samsungs have no fastboot just odin so TWRP is better in that case especially since I'm on linux and odin never worked that great for me even if I do boot up windows to use it I don't want/need to anyway.

Hope you get yours going with much newer software on this thing! It works better than expected and is really smooth for such an old device. So much so that it might actually be worth it now getting a new battery for this thing to bring back the battery life of it!

The reference links to what I have documented above are below:

TWRP 3.7.0 hlte:

Lineage 18.1 hlte:
microG Installer Revived:

Lineage 18.1 for microg hlte:

A post that I learned you could still sig spoof and use microg even with official lineage and about the revived micro magisk installer module:

The AOKP website where I realized it was a rom for hlte and not my hltetmo variant: (Although for some reason the rom is not available there anymore but it's actual download link can still be found here at xda)
Where you can still get the rom which was the only custom rom that worked for me previously until now:

:D

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_043029095.jpg
    IMG_20230312_043029095.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20230312_042845479.jpg
    IMG_20230312_042845479.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20230312_041903562.jpg
    IMG_20230312_041903562.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
Hey guys, LOS 19.1 on hltekor (N900K) here. GPS signal strength was initially found to be mediocre to poor, restored some tension in spring-loaded antenna contacts to improve on that to fair to good.

The problem is, even when I see bunch of good signals in use, it is very slow to lock in GPS Fix (over a mninute at times), and prone to lose it and keep hunting for a stable lock.

While I am vaguely aware you need triangulation even when you have many satellites in sight, still doesn't make sense with ~10 strong signals. My main phone (S10 plus) has no problem locking instantly with two phones less than a meter apart from each other in the same car.

Just trying to make sure I am haven't missed on anything obvious. Prior to flashing rom/gapps, all ever did was updating the stock rom to the latest version via OTA. Do I need to flash modem or do anything along that line?

ehtiakbar

Jul 4, 2023
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my beta build for our beloved hlte, hltechn, hltekor, hltetmo and h3gduoschn (N9002),
most things are working, enjoy.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

• Boot
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Graphics
  • Cameras
  • Wifi
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)
  • OTA Updates
  • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
  • Sensors
  • RIL
  • GPS
  • Signature spoofing for MicroG
  • Screen recording, it will slow down the complete system, reboot to fix.
  • Audio in a phone call with a bluetooth headset
  • Some people reported, that they sometimes lost the internet connection, I can't confirm this
  • You tell me

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware and devices.
donate

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][12.x][N9005][BETA] LineageOS 19.1 and crDroid 8.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS, crDroid

Version Information
Stable

Created 2022-02-02
Last Updated 2022-10-03
Can I install this on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9002 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my beta build for our beloved hlte, hltechn, hltekor, hltetmo and h3gduoschn (N9002),
    most things are working, enjoy.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Signature spoofing for MicroG
    • Screen recording, it will slow down the complete system, reboot to fix.
    • Audio in a phone call with a bluetooth headset
    • Some people reported, that they sometimes lost the internet connection, I can't confirm this
    • You tell me

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware and devices.
    donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][12.x][N9005][BETA] LineageOS 19.1 and crDroid 8.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS, crDroid

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-02-02
    Last Updated 2022-10-03
    Update 07.02.2021:
    • Fixed RIL
    • Fixed GPS
    • Fixed deepsleep issue
    • Fixed many selinux denials and switched to enforcing
    • Made builds for hltechn, hltekor and hltetmo
    I will push this via OTA and AFH.
    Update 21.03.2022:
    • Enabled possibility to enable software navbar in the button settings
    • Enabled full gesture navigation by default
    • Enabled to prefer hw decoding over software decoding
    Only for hlte today.
    Update 29.04.2022:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
    Update 02.04.2022:
    • Enabled possibility to enable software navbar in the button settings, this allows to use gesture navigation
    • Fixed keydisabler, hw navigation buttons will be disabled for gesture navigation
    • Enabled full gesture navigation by default
    • Enabled to prefer hw decoding over software decoding
    For all models.