[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L][EAS][OTA][SM-T820][SM-T825][2023-11-15] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy Tab S3

Search This thread

MachineMasher

Sep 8, 2021
OK, I got lineage-19.1-20220611-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip working on my SM-320 with a modified version of FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612.zip, and have the two column display in settings working too (@pooyab, you may be interested in this, because I'm hoping it solves the problem you raised before!)

The Camera is working perfect with the default camera app, but I have the same issue with the camera in Zoom as I had in the LineageOS 18.1 version at https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...-18-1-for-galaxy-tab-s3.4293069/post-86517463, with a green bar being displayed on the left of the screen and the colour being distorted on the rest of the screen.

I also have the same same issue with transferring files I referenced at https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...-19-1-for-galaxy-tab-s3.4418855/post-86778643, with all the USB options in the top pulldown menu being disabled. The workaround referenced in that post still works.

To make this work with FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612.zip with two column display working, I did the following:
1. Delete the following files from the ZIP file:
tar_gapps/AndroidMigrate.tar.xz
tar_gapps/GoogleBackupTransport.tar.xz
tar_gapps/GoogleRestore.tar.xz
tar_gapps/SetupWizard.tar.xz

2. Replace installer.sh in the ZIP file with the version at https://ufile.io/6rqcwk07 (do compare them first to see what's changed - this is the same installer.sh as was used by the modifed version of FlameGApps referenced by Awesometic in the first alpha). The link to this file will expire on July 13th 2022. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can post the file in a longer lived location?

3. Wipe the device and clean flash both LineageOS and FlameGApps on a clean install WITHOUT doing a reboot between them.

EDITS: Added links to my previous posts about issues and updated the link to installer.sh because I was having trouble attaching the file.

Last edited:

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
Hello ,For a new user, is it recommended to install lineage 18.1 or 19.1 now? Also what is Selinux permissive and will some apps no longer work if it doesn't?

Hello ,For a new user, is it recommended to install lineage 18.1 or 19.1 now?
My T825 is on 19.1 and I'm quite satisfied.
Imho better than 18.1 anyway.
Also what is Selinux permissive
Amazing what you can find when searching, isn't it? 😉
and will some apps no longer work if it doesn't?
Might be although I never found one.

m18735714399

Jun 23, 2022
thanku do it。now my t820 headphone jack audio is smaller than Samsungos 30%,how fix it

Last edited:

jtrakx

Apr 22, 2013
Thank you for the report. I will increase headphone volume in the next update.

Is USB-C DAC working? I didn't know that :)
Thank you very much Awesometic for this very nice and stable ROM. I am so delighted to know from you that updates will be coming soon. Oh your so great!

I just observe that using headphone jack and turning off the Dolby ATMOS while a music player is running (e.g spotify, deezer, etc.) will significantly decrease the volume. Then turning it (Dolby) back on while the music player is still running will not restore to lost sound volume. I just set the Dolby ATMOS permanently to auto and not touching it so as not to affect the music volume. BTW my workaround is to install the AML + VIPER4Android. The sound volume and quality becomes very acceptable.

I would also like to mention the AOSP keyboard bug. When the theme is set to Material You, the AOSP keyboard will not display properly the number pad. This does not happen when other theme is selected. I hope this will be addressed in the coming update.

Thanks again to you!

jtrakx

Apr 22, 2013
OK, I got lineage-19.1-20220611-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip working on my SM-320 with a modified version of FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612.zip, and have the two column display in settings working too (@pooyab, you may be interested in this, because I'm hoping it solves the problem you raised before!)

The Camera is working perfect with the default camera app, but I have the same issue with the camera in Zoom as I had in the LineageOS 18.1 version at https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...-18-1-for-galaxy-tab-s3.4293069/post-86517463, with a green bar being displayed on the left of the screen and the colour being distorted on the rest of the screen.

I also have the same same issue with transferring files I referenced at https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...-19-1-for-galaxy-tab-s3.4418855/post-86778643, with all the USB options in the top pulldown menu being disabled. The workaround referenced in that post still works.

To make this work with FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612.zip with two column display working, I did the following:
1. Delete the following files from the ZIP file:
tar_gapps/AndroidMigrate.tar.xz
tar_gapps/GoogleBackupTransport.tar.xz
tar_gapps/GoogleRestore.tar.xz
tar_gapps/SetupWizard.tar.xz

2. Replace installer.sh in the ZIP file with the version at https://ufile.io/6rqcwk07 (do compare them first to see what's changed - this is the same installer.sh as was used by the modifed version of FlameGApps referenced by Awesometic in the first alpha). The link to this file will expire on July 13th 2022. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can post the file in a longer lived location?

3. Wipe the device and clean flash both LineageOS and FlameGApps on a clean install WITHOUT doing a reboot between them.

EDITS: Added links to my previous posts about issues and updated the link to installer.sh because I was having trouble attaching the file.
I just did what you have instructed, but still no two columns in the setting. Anyway, the installation went smooth and trouble free. clean install everything using F2FS. Two weeks in use and very stable so far.
Thanks!

am2013

Dec 27, 2012
Hi all,

the ROM works really well for me. No issues so far. Many thanks to @Awesometic. I have one question concerning device encryption. Is it working? Can I just enable it? If it is ok to enable it, do I have to do it for admin and secondary users? Will only data be encrypted or also system?

Thank you and kind regards,

am

LedgendaryEpics

Jun 14, 2018
Anyway to implement Monet settings in wallpaper within the next couple updates, or are those settings closed sourced to pixel?

MachineMasher

Sep 8, 2021
I just did what you have instructed, but still no two columns in the setting. Anyway, the installation went smooth and trouble free. clean install everything using F2FS. Two weeks in use and very stable so far.
Thanks!
That's really strange. The two column display in settings just happened for me any time I flashed LineageOS and FlameGApps without a reboot in between. I didn't have to do anything special to enable it.

When I installed WITH a reboot in between, the two column display didn't work.

So if you used the same version of FlameGApps as I mentioned and you didn't reboot between LineageOS and FlameGApps, I have no idea why you wouldn't get two column display. :(

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
Can someone help me please.i unlocked bootloader in developer option, flashed twrp using odin, tried to install lineageos rom, but it froze for 2 seconds before rebooting to twrp again..did the wipe and now my tablet is into infinite bootloop.
TWRP keeps giving me error 1 and error 8 when i do wipe now sometimes

wakka1

Jul 8, 2011
Reinstall trwp with Odin not only wipe but format system and data, then install again. Worth doing 19.1 runs very smooth
I already tried reinstalling twrp multiple times, both 3.60 and 3.52 versions. i get errors when i try to do anything, Do i just need to unlock bootloader and nothing else? it feels like twrp can't access system files.
nvm, i got it working!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM.
    * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
    * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
    * I will laugh at you.
    */

# LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

# What's working
    • Display/Touchscreen
      • LiveDisplay
    • Audio playback
      • Dolby Atmos
      • Headphone/Headset
      • Quad speakers
    • Video playback
      • HDR
    • Camera
    • Microphone
    • Sensors
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • GPS
    • LTE (SM-T825)
    • Hotspot
    • WiFi
    • WiFi display
    • Bluetooth
    • DRM
      • Widevine L1
    • USB ADB/MTP
    • Samsung Doze
    • S-Pen
      • Palm rejection
    • Hardware Encryption
      • MDFPP
    • SD Card
    • Power-off mode charging
    # Untested
    • FBE for userdata
    # What's not working
    • USB OTG
    • SELinux permissive
    • Please see the "Known issues" part of this post

# Downloads

## LineageOS 19.1

## Google Apps
    • NikGapps
    • The other Gapps will work too, but I only confirmed that NikGapps working

## TWRP Recovery

# How to install
    1. Unlock the bootloader.
    2. Download TWRP and flash the recovery image via Odin.
    3. Download LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy Tab S3.
      • Be aware of the board name.
    4. Download GAPPS for Android 12L and the others you want to flash.
    5. Enter TWRP recovery.
      • The first boot to TWRP might be very slow because of the unmatched file systems.
    6. Format the whole system, data, cache partitions using the format menu.
      • You will type `yes` to do that.
    7. Flash the images.
      • If you're going to install GApps or something, you have to install the LineageOS first.
    8. Reboot the system.
    9. Done.

# Known issues
    • Camera somewhat buggy
      • The built-in camera application (Camera2) is not working well. You can use another camera application like OpenCamera
      • Sometimes the camera doesn't work after booting. You can fix that back by just rebooting
      • On webcam chat apps, there is a vertical green bar and the color is not properly displayed
    • Audio bugs
      • No sound for the microphone and speaker in voice calls, such as the regular phone call or voice chat with a meeting app
    • OTG drives may show nothing even if it mounted
    • The side button on S-Pen is working but you must use the proper application that can handle the button event
    • Fast charging works (15W) but currently the kernel reports the wrong charging voltage and current
    • Thank all of you for the feedback

# Sources

# Telegram Groups
    • If you are interested in developing this potential machine, please tell me through PM then I will send you the invitation link.
    • If you need a general discussion channel for this potential machine or want to share the news of its Android projects from anyone to everyone, you can join our discussion group chat.

# Buy me a coffee

# Credits / Special thanks to
    • Android Open Source Project
    • LineageOS Team
    • LOS17.1) @Valera1978 for his amazing previous work including his MSM8996 kernel
    • LOS18.1) @supermike86 and @samsuffit for testing LineageOS 18.1 for T820, which is I don't have one
    • LOS18.1) @bmwdroid and @cherepanov for confirming the LTE works
    • LOS18.1) @sebmue for letting me know that the useful information for palm rejection, and @ghostwheel for sharing its working source codes on Android 9
    • General) @switchgott for helping me in the development discussion and creating Telegram groups
    • General) All from our Telegram discussion channel, @EonOfBlack , Sands, David Becker, ...
    • LOS18.1) @LuK1337 for giving me a hint to fix the quad-speakers
    • LOS19.1) @followmsi , @html6405 , @ThE_MarD for giving me a hint to bring up Android 12
    • LOS19.1) @masdaster for the fix of MDFPP Keystore on our device
    ## Changelogs
    • 2023. 11. 15
      • gts3l-common: Syned with the latest LineageOS source
        • Applied the new security patch on November 5, 2023
    • 2023. 9. 20
      • gts3l-common: Syned with the latest LineageOS source
        • Applied the new security patch on September 5, 2023
      • gts3l-common: Switch to LineageOS's Samsung light HAL
      • gts3l-common: Switch to LineageOS's Samsung LiveDisplay HAL
      • gts3l-common: Fix camera torch-related weird behaviors
      • gts3l-common: Add support for OTA update
    • 2022. 9. 23
      • Synced with the latest LineageOS 19.1 repositories
        • Security patch by September 5, 2022
    • 2022. 8. 15
        • android-12.1.0_r22
        • Security patch by August 5, 2022
      • About Keystore, switch to use MDFPP skeymast files again.
        • This will break your lock screen. Please remove `/data/system/locksettings.db` file using TWRP, then lock screen will be fixed and your biometric information will be removed. Please reset your biometric lock method again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        • Thank you for the idea and contribution for the proper use of our MDFPP Keystore, @masdaster :)
    • 2022. 7. 15
        • android-12.1.0_r11
        • Security patch by July 5, 2022
      • Added support for Sony DualShock 4 gamepad
      • Increased headphone jack volume by about 20%
      • Updated USB HAL to v1.3
    • 2022. 6. 11
    • 2022. 4. 16
        • android-12.1.0_r4
      • Fixed the boot failure issue for some users
        • It is related to the Keystore of the Android system, I did a little compromise to make it work for all users
        • If you are using the first version (220320), you have to clean install to this version or you may fail to unlock the screen , you have to boot into TWRP and remove the file `locksettings.db` under `/data/system` directory. This will resolve the unlock failure issue after dirty-flashing it.
          • Thanks for this information, David Becker. :)
    • 2022. 3. 20
      • Initial release
    ## Special Notes
    • You must do clean-install if you are willing to upgrade from another ROM such as an Android 11 based one
    • I have tested Magisk 24.3 working
      • You can fix SafetyNet using Magisk modules, SafetyNet Fix and PropsConfig
    • You can hide the soft nav buttons on the bottom bar. This is the workaround.
      • 1. Go to "System -> Buttons" and check "Enable on-screen nav bar" to enable soft nav bar temporarily
      • 2. Go to "System -> Gestures" and set "System navigation" to "Gesture navigation"
      • 3. Go back to "System -> Buttons" and check "Enable on-screen nav bar" again to disable soft nav bar and enable hardware key.
    • You can hide the bottom Taskbar. This is the workaround.
      • 1. Go to "System -> Buttons" and check "Enable on-screen nav bar" to enable soft nav bar temporarily
      • 2. Go back using navigation bar and go to the "Buttons" menu again
      • 3. Then we can see the "Enable taskbar" option that we couldn't see before. Disable that option.
      • 4. And disable "Enable on-screen nav bar" option again to use the hardware buttons back.
    Hello all,

After numerous tries, I could fix the camera and the Bluetooth/Headphone jack audio working.

The camera is back, but still has some bugs, unfortunately.
    First, we can't use the default camera app, Camera2. It takes a shot but the result is cracked. But we can use a third party app like OpenCamera.
    And, there is something weird on the Torch. After using the camera with the flashlight, sometimes the Torch tile on the quick settings is broken, it just said "camera in use". But we still can use the camera.
    Lastly, sometimes the camera doesn't work at all after rebooting. Fortunately, it is easily fixed by rebooting again. I don't know why it is well.

Now our audio HAL is built from the source. Previously, we were using audio HAL version 4.0 which is for Android 9 but now we're using version 6.0 which is for Android 11. I can move on to version 7.0, yeah, which is for Android 12, but from this version the configurations have to be modified in many ways so I just pended it.
    I had to supplement some audio configurations because of the compatibility of each version, maybe some audio scenarios were broken compared to our LineageOS 18.1. But I confirmed for most used scenarios like the quad-speaker, Bluetooth audio, headphone jack, and wireless display audio, so in most cases it will work well.

I think, we can deprecate our LineageOS 18.1 now because our LOS 19.1 has no fewer features than LOS 18.1. :)
    The new version of LineageOS 19 is uploaded now.

This version has upstream LineageOS changes that comes with Android 12.1 r22, and a fix for Keystore to use hardware encryption in Samsung way properly.

In the first LineageOS 19.1 version, it uses some special files from the other partition but for some reason, it broke the boot sequence because of the delay and the permission issues. So I broke the loading of that special files and it would fix that boot failure problem.

Now, thanks to @masdaster , I can fix the boot failure and finally we can use the proper hardware encryption.

Thank you, and please note that the changelogs to fix the lock screen issue caused by changing the Keystore method.