[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L] LineageOS 19.1 for LG V30 (joan)

Search This thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

* Your warranty is now void.
(But I mean it's probably already void at this point... bleh.)

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
* included in this ROM before flashing!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
* YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device,
* WE will laugh at you.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Dirty flashing from 18.1:
- You need to flash this zip to nuke password (just removing from settings is not enough) (thanks lllgts):
https://t.me/LGV30U/1373
- You also need to flash A12 gapps BEFORE BOOTING INTO A12 first time

Compatibility Notes:
  • You need to be on Pie firmware or this won't work.
  • This should work on H932 (T-Mobile.) I do not have a way to test. Take caution.
  • VoLTE and VoWiFi doesn't work and probably never will.
  • There are reports of 20220911 build causing Proton* apps to complain about Keystore errors.
    • Please provide a log if this happens. I personally do not use any Proton* services, so I do not know.
    • For now, reinstall the apps, that seems to work. I don't know if it will happen again on next build, or what the issue is.
Downloads:
Device source code:
Kernel source code:
V30 development (including other ROMs) usually happens over at Telegram: https://t.me/LGEV30.
  • You can still use this thread for bug reports.

Credits:
  • @SGCMarkus (A12 bring up)
  • Slowhy (A12 maintenance and kernel BPF backport)
  • LineageOS team

Last edited:
Changelog:

Build 20220621:
- Update kernel to 4.4.250
- Fix Vulkan rendering (reverted to stock V30 driver)

Build 20220714:
- July security patch
- Fingerprint changed back to stock Pie, since using Oreo fingerprint didn't actually pass SafetyNet

Build 20220721:
- SELinux is now enforcing
- Build fingerprint is back to Oreo.
- As a result of the above, SafetyNet is fully passing without Magisk!
- Call recording is enabled where legal (untested, because it is illegal where I live)

Build 20220722:
- Fixed fingerprint registration
- Fixed Wi-Fi issues (files taken from LG V40)

Build 20220810:
- August security patch merged
- ARCore now supported (thanks LG for doing it weirdly)
- Fully implemented thermal-engine. This may improve battery, but I don't know. joan is weird and it's different every damn time
- Switched back from the pinned Wi-Fi related file to stock and fixed it instead
- Some improvements to fingerprint sensor randomly cutting off
- Try to fix NFC randomly cutting off

Build 20220815:
- Android 12L
- Kernel upgrade to 4.4.302
- Full BPF backport (thanks Slowhy)
- Minor SELinux fixes for A12

Build 20220911:
- September 2022 security patches
- FM Radio support has been re-added
- SELinux cleanup (tried to anyway)
- The search bar in Settings app is now fixed
- There was an attempt to fix Ok Google hotword enrollment which affected PE+ users (which I'm pretty sure also applies to ours). Do let me know if this doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: tech_infinity

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
hello, i installed los, nikgapps and magisk.

can someone guide me through encryting the phone please?

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
looks like wide-angle camera is not available... is it only me? can I activate it?

NPCMW

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks everyone for all the great ROMs, especially the LineageOS ROMs. Unfortunately, it's time to retire my V30 since my T-Mobile is now requiring VoIP. Loved this phone and I'm sad to have to switch. Thanks again for keeping this thing feeling fast and fresh, but never being able to do VoIP on a custom ROM means it's time to buy something new.

Reactions: tech_infinity

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
For anyone interested; wide-angle camera works with GCAM_8.4.400.42.XX_SHAMIM_V21 (y)

New build: 20220721

- Call recording is enabled where legal (untested, because it is illegal where I live)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- I am not a security expert.
- This is a major update, and Enforcing may break some things (nothing permanent). Make a TWRP backup as always.
- Registering a new fingerprint is broken in this build. Will be fixed next build.
- You may need to reinstall all Google apps. This seemed to constantly break whenever I changed a policy, and while reinstalling gapps fixed it, other Google-based apps broke as a result. Other apps appear unaffected at this time.

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP. (I highly suggest not using the built-in updater this time, however, with enforcing and all.)

Last edited:

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
New build: 20220721

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- I am not a security expert.
- This is a major update, and Enforcing may break some things (nothing permanent). Make a TWRP backup as always.
- Registering a new fingerprint is broken in this build. Will be fixed next build.
- You may need to reinstall all Google apps. This seemed to constantly break whenever I changed a policy, and while reinstalling gapps fixed it, other Google-based apps broke as a result. Other apps appear unaffected at this time.
- Wi-Fi signal may be weak. Please report if it is! (with logs)

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP. (I highly suggest not using the built-in updater this time, however, with enforcing and all.)
Amazing to see an enforcing AOSP ROM after so long(that too one which is being regularly updated). Thanks a lot ! :)

Reactions: lifehackerhansol
New build: 20220810

Changelog:
- August security patch merged
- ARCore now supported (thanks LG for doing it weirdly)
- Fully implemented thermal-engine. This may improve battery, but I don't know. joan is weird and it's different every damn time
- Some improvements to fingerprint sensor randomly cutting off
- Try to fix NFC randomly cutting off

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP.

presariohg

Jul 27, 2015
Fantastic, thank you very much for bringing android 11 to this rather old device. However after clean wiping and flashing the 0810 version I couldn't use wifi at all (the mac address has become unavailable, device name and phone number unknown). The system UI also crashes from time to time (I think because of the unavailable wifi). The mobile network seems to work just fine though. I tried restoring modem and efs from a backup but couldn't solve the problem. Currently downloading the 0722 version to test if it work, I will update if I could fix this myself. Also the system's boot time seems to be quite long (1~2 minutes each) in comparison to the previous LOS 16.1 on the same device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to drop a message and say thank you for the ongoing support, guides and helpful notes with every release. I was about to replace my v30 a month ago due to slow down, battery problems and graphics glitches.
    Have the above version of lineage on my lg v30 and it's like having a new phone. You guys are literally saving the planet in e-waste! thank you
    New build: 20220911

To dirty flash from LineageOS 18.1:
    • You must flash the ROM from recovery manually. LOS Updater forbids automatic major version upgrades. (i.e. A11 -> A12)
    • You need to flash this patch to remove the password database. Removing your passwords from Settings is not enough, it will crash on boot. (thanks lllgts)
    • If you had gapps, you must flash Android 12 gapps BEFORE BOOTING INTO A12.

Changelog:
    • September 2022 security patches
    • SELinux cleanup (tried to anyway)
    • FM Radio support has been re-added
    • The search bar in Settings app is now fixed
    • There was an attempt to fix Ok Google hotword enrollment which affected PE+ users (which I'm pretty sure also applies to ours). Do let me know if this doesn't work.

Known issues:
    • Dirty flashing may break lockscreen if you have a password set. If it happens to you then flash above password patch. If not, you can safely ignore this note.
    • There are reports of 20220911 build causing Proton* apps to complain about Keystore errors.
      • Please provide a log if this happens. I personally do not use any Proton* services, so I do not know.
      • For now, reinstall the apps, that seems to work. I don't know if it will happen again on next build, or what the issue is.

I use this ROM for two weeks now. Not any probleme with it. Tanks a lot for your work!
    Anyone test the encryption ?
    Not working, according to Telegram users. I don't know what's needed for it, nor have plans to get it working. It just isn't that important to me personally.
    I flashed over the August build
    Getting a systemui crash on boot
    And saw this message from proton VPN app
    Protonmail app wont even launch
    I'm not sure why the SystemUI crash happens. Have you flashed the password remove zip?
    As for the Proton stuff, the error implies something that is unfixable, because Keystore is a closed-source file. We had issues with the original Keystore stuff, so we switched to the V40 files which allowed the phone to have a working lock screen, but have minor issues afterwards. We could take from another device, but no one really knows for now. It's a miracle that the August build even worked for the Proton apps because I changed nothing in regards to that between August -> September?

But maybe it was a minor fix that broke something. Logs are always helpful, and mandatory if you want me to fix anything.

LineageOS 18.1 still uses the original V30 files. You may have to use that for now, if Proton is important to you.
    I redownloaded proton calendar and protonmail, allowed the permissions I usually do and they are working at least....
    the faulty keystore is a concern, but great work getting us this far!
    i did not flash the password zip
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

* Your warranty is now void.
    (But I mean it's probably already void at this point... bleh.)

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device,
    * WE will laugh at you.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Dirty flashing from 18.1:
    - You need to flash this zip to nuke password (just removing from settings is not enough) (thanks lllgts):
    - You also need to flash A12 gapps BEFORE BOOTING INTO A12 first time

Compatibility Notes:
    • You need to be on Pie firmware or this won't work.
    • This should work on H932 (T-Mobile.) I do not have a way to test. Take caution.
    • VoLTE and VoWiFi doesn't work and probably never will.
    Downloads:
    Device source code:
    Kernel source code:
    V30 development (including other ROMs) usually happens over at Telegram: https://t.me/LGEV30.
    • You can still use this thread for bug reports.

Credits:
    • @SGCMarkus (A12 bring up)
    • Slowhy (A12 maintenance and kernel BPF backport)
    • LineageOS team
    New build: 20220815

As of this build, we are LineageOS 19.1.

To dirty flash from LineageOS 18.1:

- You need to flash this patch to remove the password database. Removing your passwords from Settings is not enough, it will crash on boot. (thanks lllgts)
    - If you had gapps, you must flash Android 12 gapps BEFORE BOOTING INTO A12.

Changelog:
    - Android 12L
    - Kernel upgraded to 4.4.302
    - BPF fully backported (thanks Slowhy)
    - Minor SELinux fixes to make it work on A12

Available at DL link in OP. While the built-in updater can download it, it will not allow you to flash from it directly. Use a custom recovery to dirty flash (which you need to anyway for the password patch.)
    New build: 20220722

- Fixed fingerprint registration
    - Fixed Wi-Fi issues (files taken from LG V40)

I'll be going back to monthly build schedule after this :D

Fantastic, thank you very much for bringing android 11 to this rather old device. However after clean wiping and flashing the 0810 version I couldn't use wifi at all (the mac address has become unavailable, device name and phone number unknown). The system UI also crashes from time to time (I think because of the unavailable wifi). The mobile network seems to work just fine though. I tried restoring modem and efs from a backup but couldn't solve the problem. Currently downloading the 0722 version to test if it work, I will update if I could fix this myself. Also the system's boot time seems to be quite long (1~2 minutes each) in comparison to the previous LOS 16.1 on the same device?
    Based on your post that you were using LOS 16.0 (16.1 did not exist), I will take that you did not update your device stock ROM to Pie. You need to do so, or a lot of things don't work.
    Welllll after spending more time than I ever want to admit wrestling with this, I finally fixed the wifi problem.
    tldr:
    1. Stock Pie (I used the flashable US998 20B zip file found on this forum)
    2. Clean wipe
    3. Reflash twrp (or else stock recovery will replace it)
    4. Flash a different a11 rom than LOS 18.1 (I used havoc 4.12)
    5. Gapps 11 (maybe not really necessary but just to be sure)
    6. Restart to system to check if wifi works (if not then you're out of luck I guess)
    7. Dirty flash (aka wipe nothing) LOS 18.1
    8. Gapps, yada, yada
    9. Profit
    This wifi problem seems to be rather random, as it was mentioned here:

Maybe it is a bug in LOS 17+.
    What did NOT work (I just list a few here so that someone else in the future won't waste as much time as I did):
    • Use a backup modem, reflash persist, modem, rct, etc. from any stock version (I tried US998 20e, f, g, h, 30b)
    • Use a TWRP efs or modem backup from any previous versions
    • Use a different modem img from any other dervice (Mine was originally H930 before ulbl so I also tried other version, nothing worked)
    • Create folders in /persist with adb shell
    • Praying to a higher being