[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 19.1][BETA]

Search This thread

HouseDrVenus

Mar 7, 2022
But you can already enable this?

I'm curious if it also breaks for you though; I think my custom partitions are to blame here though. Maybe I forgot to add the params partition and it's writing it to the boot partition? idk i'll have to check.
Yes, I found Advanced Restart settings and it really helped. As three buttons pressing work one time out of ten.

Reading this forum, I learnt that the UI runs at 25 fps. As the Note 2 doesn't have the juice to run at a proper 60 fps. And there are other old phones running the same ROM. Wouldn't this customization of tiles improve a little bit phone performance?

Screenshot_20220721-223324.png
>>
Screenshot_20220721-223532.png
Screenshot_20220721-223524.png

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
You can play with font size a little to squeeze options in . But most tiles give access to options that are set once and that's it, or easily found another way (scrolling right). So given Devs stated and understandable time limitations, the age of the device, need for security updates, etc. this tile thing seems very low priority. Your idea has been noted. I am simply thrilled that the old phone works at all, with all my apps, using a modern LineageOS version.

wiijordends

Jun 21, 2013
@ol1ver :
If I enable "advanced reset" in power menu, I can restart into recovery mode.
You just need to be patients, but it actually boots to (TWPR) recovery.
Pressing volume up + home button + power button works faster.

@HouseDrVenus :
This ROM is LineageOS, not an own created custom ROM packed with features and tweaks.
The Android GO experiment was to find a way to gain more performance without modifying LineageOS itself.
The main goal is to bring stability and make all essential features working.
Unfortunately, your desired feature is not a part of LineageOS or AOSP.
Encryption is one of them
He already did quite well there.
Maybe in the feature when the ROM us really finished.

Meanwhile, you can try to change the dpi of your device ex. 411 to prevent the text scrolling on this buttons. I currently use the go_full version and swiping between the buttons feels quite smoothly. I remember that it was a bit sluggish in the first versions if the ROM. I didn't paid attention if it was fixed by the GO version of this ROM or if it was already fixed in newer revisions of this ROM.

When the developer was about to develop his Trebilized LineageOS 17.1 project, he asked which ROM he should be supporting. In the end, LineageOS was the most popular choice.
If he ever develop another ROM, I think something like DivestOS or ProtonRom would be a better choice.

Last edited:

HouseDrVenus

Mar 7, 2022
@ol1ver :
If I enable "advanced reset" in power menu, I can restart into recovery mode.
You just need to be patients, but it actually boots to (TWPR) recovery.
Pressing volume up + home button + power button works faster.

@HouseDrVenus :
This ROM is LineageOS, not an own created custom ROM packed with features and tweaks.
The Android GO experiment was to find a way to gain more performance without modifying LineageOS itself.
The main goal is to bring stability and make all essential features working.
Unfortunately, your desired feature is not a part of LineageOS or AOSP.
Encryption is one of them
He already did quite well there.
Maybe in the feature when the ROM us really finished.

Meanwhile, you can try to change the dpi of your device ex. 411 to prevent the text scrolling on this buttons. I currently use the go_full version and swiping between the buttons feels quite smoothly. I remember that it was a bit sluggish in the first versions if the ROM. I didn't paid attention if it was fixed by the GO version of this ROM or if it was already fixed in newer revisions of this ROM.

When the developer was about to develop his Trebilized LineageOS 17.1 project, he asked which ROM he should be supporting. In the end, LineageOS was the most popular choice.
If he ever develop another ROM, I think something like DivestOS or ProtonRom would be a better choice.
Thank you for the explanation. I'm guessing, that every customization is from the main LineageOS branch with the removed ones, which could impact performance and no additional functions.

I have to agree, that Android GO Full version is a little bit smoother, than the previous full Android. Every program I need to keep in Note 2 is working.

Reactions: html6405

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Go full just has the go version from the tretbuchet launcher and enabled low_ram mode,
go mini has reduced fonts and also no recording app for example (and also uses low_ram mode).

It's not more than that.

I've hoped that it will be a little bit more fluid and maybe that some apps will open faster, but
I believe you that there isn't a big difference, because the "normal" versions already use all other go props.

No thanks,
I only want to know if I should further support any go version in the future :).

Thank you for this exciting opportunity to compare things. I also added to the comparison the older LOS 14.1 with the recent security patches.

I don't see any performance benefits of the Go version of LOS 19.1 apart from a very minor saving of the storage space. RAM usage is just under 800M without gapps or other user installed apps in LOS 19.1 full, Go and Go-mini versions.

Then, I installed LOS 14.1. It's RAM footprint without gapps is under 400M, and it feels more responsive.

I tried running OsmAnd~ GPS navigation system (offline maps) under both LOS 19.1 and LOS 14.1. I also used Flite TTS from FDroid. It felt moderately sluggish in both cases, and extremely slow when calculating the route. The same route in England, which normally takes abut 5 seconds to calculate in Note 9, it took 10 minutes to calculate under LOS 19.1, and about 6 minutes in LOS 14.1. Add to this the leap GPS bug in LOS 14.1, and you'll get the picture. This phone is not for navigation. The best it can do is map browsing. On the positive side, Flite TTS works fine (manual selection of the voice language is required due to a minor bug) and provides IMHO the best voice in UK English, which sounds actually human.

Video in a chromium-based browser plays fine in all OS versions.

Reactions: i5510

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Thank you for the explanation. I'm guessing, that every customization is from the main LineageOS branch with the removed ones, which could impact performance and no additional functions.

I have to agree, that Android GO Full version is a little bit smoother, than the previous full Android. Every program I need to keep in Note 2 is working.
I can't see it being smoother, perhaps not looking well enough... Do you have the same smoother experience when running full LOS without any widgets? Are you using gapps?

HouseDrVenus

Mar 7, 2022
I can't see it being smoother, perhaps not looking well enough... Do you have the same smoother experience when running full LOS without any widgets? Are you using gapps?
At this moment, I'm using "official" gapps. In the full LOS version, I have used MicroG. Sadly, I haven't succeeded in making MicroG work again. So, I moved into the GO version.

In the GO version, I have disabled Android Auto, Google One, etc. I have gained some performance. I'm still using it without any reflash. Compared with full LOS, it feels smoother, but the entire experience is still jittery with slowness on the GO version.

ol1ver

Jun 25, 2011
gitlab.com
I'm using only microG, which has a big impact on performance, or rather, gapps has a negative impact.

As for OSMAnd being slow; I don't think that has much/anything to do with android itself, but the app. Currently, OSMAnd is single threaded afaik, so it does all its stuff, rendering AND route calculation on the same thread. The devs argue, 'not a problem'. We of course know it's a problem. Running the routing calculation in a separate thread would help immensely already; but I have no desire to try to convince the devs without a patch that proves this of course. Having multi-threaded (based on available cores) route calculation is ideal, but it's also a VERY complex problem to solve of course (though very standard CompSci problem).

I think a 64bit 4gig+ device, will inherently be better at route calculation, because of more RAM (route calculation can be hard on ram) and 64bits even helps here (at the least, to address more RAM :p)

Anyay, that's all philosofical. OSMAnd used to be reasonable performant (never a star) and they've only added features since the past of course, so then, a single threaded app becomes slower ontop of that.

0cold

Jun 29, 2022
aside from Navigation issue is there any major problem that might prevent this ROM being a Daily Driver not mentioned in first 7 pages :) , Cheers

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
It is just a little slow - to be expected. Otherwise fine.

I have shifted most of navigation (off line) now over to Organic Maps with OSM (Maps.Me minus all the junk and privacy issues) and it zips along.

myi7iscss

May 28, 2010
Status bar pulldown is slown.
China N7100 camerra not working. China Rear camera model is AKFJ03, need SlimISP_AK.bin file.

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
Status bar pulldown is slown.
China N7100 camerra not working. China Rear camera model is AKFJ03, need SlimISP_AK.bin file.
Just try different camera app e.g. Open Camera
There are many others.

myi7iscss

May 28, 2010
Just try different camera app e.g. Open Camera
There are many others.
Use Open Camera or other camera app olny solve take photo or video, some other app need scan qrcode or take photo not working.
I have solved it. Just copy a SlimISP_AK.bin file to /vendor/firmware/.

lfs6r

Sep 26, 2019
Magisk 24.1 apk is not available in twrp should I try 3.5.2? Edit: for 3.5.2 installed.

Buttons like the house below and back do not appear, how do I open them?
How home screen add widget?

Last edited:

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
You have to rename .apk to .zip. Or you can download direct from this link. See and read instructions carefully here: https://magisk.me/zip/
Once you rename it, flashing easy in TWRP.

On the rest - no idea what you mean. You can change how buttons behave in Settings - (find Gestures).

Widgets - normally, long press on home screen, and some widgets will display, but it depends on your "launcher" and which app widget is involved.

ITDivision

Aug 26, 2022
guys i report that last version (non go-version) was good for me i didn't use GPS or NFC but i used wifi as hot spot over all it was good experience mixed with laggy interface and some glitches like robotic voices in cellular calls i have to end the call and start it again to get back normal voice sound + random reboots once a day or two
when i installed a game (State of survival) that takes around 3Go and filmed a 1 hour video the memory got corrupted and said the encryption was not finished and i have to do a factory reset which i try but never succeeded so i had to do a full wipe 4times to make partitions readable again it succeeded only after i wiped system partition too
yesterday i installed Go mini version and first impression is the UI is super smooth, am thinking of installing Full Go version just to Test it too
am sorry dev i had to explain using my words not your beloved precious Logs lol
Thanks again for sharing your Work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 22.09.2022:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
    • Switched to 3.4.67 kernel
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 19.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • NFC
    • Maybe random reboots
    • SD card maybe can't formated as internal memory
    • Maybe more
    I would recommend to use microG instead of gapps,
    here you can find the installation instructions:
    1. Download Magisk 24.1 and flash it via TWRP (yes, flash the APK file), reboot
    2. Open Magisk and update the App (and do a reboot if it's asking)
    3. Enable Zygisk in Magisk
    4. Download and install microG installer in the Magisk manager, reboot
    5. Download and install safetynet-fix in the Magisk manager, reboot
    6. Check with a safetynet checker app and you should pass :)

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

Telegramm group:

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][12.x][N7100][BETA] LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-12-30
    Last Updated 2022-09-22
    Update 26.01.2022:
    • Synched with latest LineageOS sources
    • Brought support for Signature Spoofing (MicroG)
    • Disabled AOD by default
    • Fixed video playing in gallery
    • Switched to PegasusPowerHAL
    • Fixed compass sensor
    • Fixed SIM-PIN unlock issue
    Alternative download link for the initial version:
    I really would recommend to use the device without gapps, I'm using now my Note 2 LTE since one month with microG and I'm really satisfied with the speed and all of it.

I'm really sorry, but I don't have the time to care for another ROM, I'm busy with my job and family, it's already hard for me to bring updates for LineageOS ( As you know, I have to care for many users and devices ).
    And I'm using already some go properties, but not all of them,
    low ram is for example disabled.

But if you wan't, I could build another go version with really limited features for the n7100,
    for sure it will optimize the speed.
    You should be able to disable the always on display in the quick settings (AOD) and give your test a retry :).
    Just tried the AOD button: first enabled it and then disabled again... - it worked! Not sure, though, whether any of my previous attempts to modify the settings via adb played any role. I'll repeat timing of the battery with this setting. Thanks.