[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 19.1][BETA]

Search This thread

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
scrcpy doesn't work, fails with the following message:

Code:
INFO: scrcpy 1.17 <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>
/usr/share/scrcpy/scrcpy-server: 1 file pushed. 8.5 MB/s (34015 bytes in 0.004s)
[server] INFO: Device: samsung GT-N7100 (Android 12)
INFO: Renderer: opengl
INFO: OpenGL version: 3.0 Mesa 20.3.5
INFO: Trilinear filtering enabled
INFO: Initial texture: 720x1280
WARN: Device disconnected
[server] ERROR: Exception on thread Thread[main,5,main]
java.lang.AssertionError: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.wrappers.SurfaceControl.setDisplaySurface(SurfaceControl.java:75)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.ScreenEncoder.setDisplaySurface(ScreenEncoder.java:243)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.ScreenEncoder.internalStreamScreen(ScreenEncoder.java:91)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.ScreenEncoder.streamScreen(ScreenEncoder.java:60)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Server.scrcpy(Server.java:80)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Server.main(Server.java:252)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.nativeFinishInit(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeInit.java:355)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.genymobile.scrcpy.wrappers.SurfaceControl.setDisplaySurface(SurfaceControl.java:73)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: displayToken must not be null
    at android.view.SurfaceControl$Transaction.setDisplaySurface(SurfaceControl.java:3145)
    at android.view.SurfaceControl.setDisplaySurface(SurfaceControl.java:2214)
    ... 9 more
WARN: Killing the server...

In LOS 18.1 it's fine.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 19.0.
At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

Attention: disable your SIM-PIN with a different device, otherwise it could get locked.

• Boot
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Graphics
  • Cameras
  • GPS
  • Wifi
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)
  • OTA Updates
  • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
  • Sensors, except compass
  • RIL
  • Screen Cast
  • SIM-PIN Unlock, disable your PIN Code before
  • Compass
  • Maybe random reboots
  • SD card can't be formated as internal memory, will cause a bootloop
  • Maybe more
If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
donate

Telegramm group:
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][12.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 19.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2021-12-30
Last Updated 2021-12-30
Thank you very much for your newest ROM for n7100!

alexfire_s

Jan 5, 2022
I'm making another report on usage.

with Google services installed, without turning on the airplane mode, with the Internet turned off - 10% of the charge was spent overnight.

in general, it holds more than previous firmware, but there is much to strive for.

bugs:

in the nav bar at the top in the right corner, the icons start with a drop off from the edge, the left combinations do not help

when the keyboard is opened, a line with the keyboard icon and its hiding is displayed at the bottom, it takes up the useful area of the screen

the play market sometimes comes out when you just scroll through the list of applications

sometimes the device settings crash when you also just scroll through the list

when you enter the settings in the gestures section, it opens for a second and crashes. if you swipe on the screen at this second, it does not fly out.

So far, I haven't found anything else.
in general, very good firmware, very fast, surprised that a 10-year-old phone can work so fast.
the interface is smooth, much faster, prettier and smoother than rr 5.8.5.

there are a couple of questions:

will it be possible to pay via Google Pay?

will the SD card be mounted as an internal storage?

alexfire_s

Jan 5, 2022
As soon as the nfc is fixed, it should work (theoretically, I don't have the ability to test this).

So far I didn't found a fix for this, so I can't promise.
I want to note that payment in online stores via Google Pay works, I meant contactless payment by phone via terminals.
---------
there is another point - there are no settings for the size of the segments on the lock screen, the clock is huge. to unlock the phone by pin - you need to swipe up from the bottom all over the screen, swipe does not work. the numbers in the pin code are very large, they take up the entire screen

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I'm making another report on usage.

with Google services installed, without turning on the airplane mode, with the Internet turned off - 10% of the charge was spent overnight.

in general, it holds more than previous firmware, but there is much to strive for.

bugs:

in the nav bar at the top in the right corner, the icons start with a drop off from the edge, the left combinations do not help

when the keyboard is opened, a line with the keyboard icon and its hiding is displayed at the bottom, it takes up the useful area of the screen

the play market sometimes comes out when you just scroll through the list of applications

sometimes the device settings crash when you also just scroll through the list

when you enter the settings in the gestures section, it opens for a second and crashes. if you swipe on the screen at this second, it does not fly out.

So far, I haven't found anything else.
in general, very good firmware, very fast, surprised that a 10-year-old phone can work so fast.
the interface is smooth, much faster, prettier and smoother than rr 5.8.5.

there are a couple of questions:

will it be possible to pay via Google Pay?

will the SD card be mounted as an internal storage?
Regarding the battery... Did you cycle AOD on and then off? It's a known bug to be fixed soon. What apps are reported as draining the battery? I just tested the phone overnight with wifi on, it predicts 7 days on battery.

Regarding the navbar... How do you use it in this phone together with HW buttons? Navbar occupies screen space.

The keyboard issue with the additional row occupied by the hiding and keyboard selection buttons... I struggle with this in the other modern Samsung running the stock ROM. It's not specific to this particular project. I would be hugely interested to see a solution if it exists... It may be related to the navbar enabled.

Regarding g pay. Although not a fan of g... the phone needs encryption and a functional Work profile for all sorts of secure work. None of the newer generation ROMs (Android 7 and above) for Note 2 support this. It could be an interesting project...

html6405

Recognized Developer
I want to note that payment in online stores via Google Pay works, I meant contactless payment by phone via terminals.
---------
there is another point - there are no settings for the size of the segments on the lock screen, the clock is huge. to unlock the phone by pin - you need to swipe up from the bottom all over the screen, swipe does not work. the numbers in the pin code are very large, they take up the entire screen
But it doesn't work yet with the firmware, or does it?
Yep these things will be improved, they are uncompleted at the moment.

alexfire_s

Jan 5, 2022
Regarding the battery... Did you cycle AOD on and then off? It's a known bug to be fixed soon. What apps are reported as draining the battery? I just tested the phone overnight with wifi on, it predicts 7 days on battery.

Regarding the navbar... How do you use it in this phone together with HW buttons? Navbar occupies screen space.

The keyboard issue with the additional row occupied by the hiding and keyboard selection buttons... I struggle with this in the other modern Samsung running the stock ROM. It's not specific to this particular project. I would be hugely interested to see a solution if it exists... It may be related to the navbar enabled.

Regarding g pay. Although not a fan of g... the phone needs encryption and a functional Work profile for all sorts of secure work. None of the newer generation ROMs (Android 7 and above) for Note 2 support this. It could be an interesting project...
I'm sorry, I said it wrong. not the nav bar, but the status bar at the top of the screen, where the charging percentage, notifications and time are.

regarding to the charge, the aod is turned off. battery statistics showed spending only from the standby mode of the mobile network, 6%. other applications were not affected, I think these are Google services. but on rr 5.8.5, 3-4% went overnight with the same number of cuts.

regarding to the keyboard - it's strange, in xiaomi, for example, the icon of the open keyboard is displayed in the status bar as a notification, and it can be hidden altogether.

regarding to gpay - I read about it, there was interest, that's why I asked this question)

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
The additional row under the keyboard is related to the navbar!

In a different phone with HW buttons I enabled the navbar, and the same additional row appeared.

Is there a way to completely disable the navbar in our ROM? There is no such an option in the settings.

html6405

Recognized Developer

In a different phone with HW buttons I enabled the navbar, and the same additional row appeared.

Is there a way to completely disable the navbar in our ROM? There is no such an option in the settings.
adb shell
su
setprop toggle_navbar true

Reactions: porcino

alexfire_s

Jan 5, 2022

very strange (I use gestures, there are no navigation buttons. tell me if you manage to disable them completely via adb

html6405

Recognized Developer
I'm not sure what you all want from me :p 😅.

People wanted to enjoy full gesture navigation, but this works only with the software navbar so far,
this is why I've enabled it and created the toggle_navbar script ;).
So that you can switch if you want.

We will see how LineageOS wants to handle these things in future,
until then, we have my script :).

Reactions: porcino

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure what you all want from me :p 😅.

People wanted to enjoy full gesture navigation, but this works only with the software navbar so far,
this is why I've enabled it and created the toggle_navbar script ;).
So that you can switch if you want.

We will see how LineageOS wants to handle these things in future,
until then, we have my script :).
Poking into other people's mind is tough - they are all different. Some like complexity, some simplicity.

Reactions: html6405

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 19.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • NFC
    • Encryption
    • Maybe random reboots
    • SD card maybe can't formated as internal memory
    • Maybe more
    I would recommend to use microG instead of gapps,
    here you can find the installation instructions:
    1. Download Magisk 24.1 and flash it via TWRP (yes, flash the APK file), reboot
    2. Open Magisk and update the App (and do a reboot if it's asking)
    3. Enable Zygisk in Magisk
    4. Download and install microG installer in the Magisk manager, reboot
    5. Download and install safetynet-fix in the Magisk manager, reboot
    6. Check with a safetynet checker app and you should pass :)

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

Telegramm group:

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][12.x][N7100][BETA] LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-12-30
    Last Updated 2023-01-25
    Alternative download link for the initial version:
    Update 26.01.2022:
    • Synched with latest LineageOS sources
    • Brought support for Signature Spoofing (MicroG)
    • Disabled AOD by default
    • Fixed video playing in gallery
    • Switched to PegasusPowerHAL
    • Fixed compass sensor
    • Fixed SIM-PIN unlock issue
    I really would recommend to use the device without gapps, I'm using now my Note 2 LTE since one month with microG and I'm really satisfied with the speed and all of it.

I'm really sorry, but I don't have the time to care for another ROM, I'm busy with my job and family, it's already hard for me to bring updates for LineageOS ( As you know, I have to care for many users and devices ).
    And I'm using already some go properties, but not all of them,
    low ram is for example disabled.

But if you wan't, I could build another go version with really limited features for the n7100,
    for sure it will optimize the speed.
    You should be able to disable the always on display in the quick settings (AOD) and give your test a retry :).
    Just tried the AOD button: first enabled it and then disabled again... - it worked! Not sure, though, whether any of my previous attempts to modify the settings via adb played any role. I'll repeat timing of the battery with this setting. Thanks.