LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
/* * Your warranty is void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included * in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications. */
- Unlock the bootloader with the guide mentioned later in this post
- Ensure the device is running the RealmeUI 3 C.11 Firmware
- Flash the included LineageOS recovery and vbmeta using fastboot
- Reboot to recovery mode
- Wipe system, data and cache
- Flash the ROM and the Gapps
- Reboot and enjoy!
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, flashed the ROM without using Lineage Recovery or you installed Xposed/Zygisk modules
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- You tell me.
- RealmeUI 3 C.11 firmware is required.
- The ROM supports all regional variants of the Realme 8 (RMX3085)
- Do not ask for ETAs
- Follow the instructions of the unlock thread
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with any backup apps: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: magisk modules (list them here): other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@TheMalachite, @Rortiz2, @TechyMinati
Kernel Source (old): Here
Kernel Source (new): Here