Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L][STABLE][RMX3085/nashc] LineageOS 19.1 for Realme 8

Search This thread

RBS106

Jul 9, 2022
installed, and animations sucked, and games work like a charm, any fix? kernel tweaker dont work

Hype-

Mar 4, 2019
sometimes the wifi just stops working and when i try to go into settings and open connections, theres only a blank page

Gruschtschow

Mar 27, 2022
Right now the only to me known way to get into the recovery is through the advanced reboot option after LineageOS was installed.

Maybe someone else has a tip on how to enter it with hardware buttons.
Geting into recovery works for me with command from fastboot directly after flashing the new recovery (fastboot reboot recovery), with ADB it also ends in a bootloop for me.

Now I have the following problem: In recovery I'm not able to wipe system and get the error message "E:format_volume: fs_type "erofs" unsupported. System wipe failed." Wiping data and cach works fine. Any idea how to solve this? Or should I just go on and ignore the problem?

squallkae3

Jul 2, 2012
Geting into recovery works for me with command from fastboot directly after flashing the new recovery (fastboot reboot recovery), with ADB it also ends in a bootloop for me.

Now I have the following problem: In recovery I'm not able to wipe system and get the error message "E:format_volume: fs_type "erofs" unsupported. System wipe failed." Wiping data and cach works fine. Any idea how to solve this? Or should I just go on and ignore the problem?
Same for me but I ignored it. Wiping Cache and data worked fine while flashing the latest Rom.

@bengris32 Do you have any way to include the latest firmware in your builds? I'm currently holding back flashing the C11 version of your Rom because I don't want to go back to RUI only to wipe it again for one update.

Gruschtschow

Mar 27, 2022
I also went on without wiping system, and Lineage runs like charm now :)

Thanks a lot bengris!!! Finally a Realme 8 without google.

yannssolo

Apr 5, 2009
There is a C.12 version of the Realme ROM for days.
No news about an update here and no answers to all questions/issues.
Pretty much glad i didn't change my rom with this unofficial one.
It's kind of irresponsible, most people use there phone as daily driver...not to play.

Last edited:

plarfman

Dec 24, 2017
There is a C.12 version of the Realme ROM for days.
No news about an update here and no answers to all questions/issues.
Pretty much glad i didn't change my rom with this unofficial one.
It's kind of irresponsible, most people use there phone as daily driver...not to play.
First of all, this isn't a coorperation, this is just one kid spending his time and efforts to give something like this, you shouldn't judge that, second of all, LineageOS on this device is kinda outdated, we have switched to ArrowOS 13 based on Android 13 which is much more stable, you can find it here, https://github.com/bengris32/releases/releases/tag/arrow-13-1.4
Oh and also, most of the ROM releases happen in the Realme 8 telegram channel, https://t.me/Realme8Updates

VeDoxe

Apr 25, 2018
First of all, this isn't a coorperation, this is just one kid spending his time and efforts to give something like this, you shouldn't judge that, second of all, LineageOS on this device is kinda outdated, we have switched to ArrowOS 13 based on Android 13 which is much more stable, you can find it here, https://github.com/bengris32/releases/releases/tag/arrow-13-1.4
Oh and also, most of the ROM releases happen in the Realme 8 telegram channel, https://t.me/Realme8Updates
This message should be pinned or more easily inform the community of the existence of a telegram realme 8 group.

AJ⁰⁰⁷

May 26, 2022
Bro, I was using ArrowOS 12.1 earlier then I got screen burn in issue around camera & side edges.
Then you released burn in fix update.
Now I'm on ArrowOS 13 latest build but even now I can see burn in .
But When I go to stock ROM I don't get it.
So maybe you need to set Max. Brightness again or my I got issue permanent ?

Rinzler00000

Jan 23, 2017
Previous builds
Build 2 (initial stable build)
Changes over last build
* Sync with latest LineageOS changes
* SELinux Enforcing
* Add support for screen off gestures
* Update blobs from C.09 firmware
* Switch to source built kernel (4.14.282-bengris32)
* Fix DT2W
* Drop numerous unused blobs and services
* Miscellaneous system optimizations

Download

Build 3 (hotfix)
This is a hotfix build to address hotspot issues introduced in the last build
Other changes over last build
* Switch to AOSP hostapd
* Drop MTK AEE
* Drop unused firmware
* Drop partition_permission & throttle scripts

Download
Build 4
This build addresses some of the known issues with previous builds and includes general improvements.
Changes over last build
  • Update the Android security patch level to 5 July 2022
  • Sync with latest LOS changes (full black for dark mode and more!)
  • Fix buggy hardware video playback
  • Add background service to fix gain control for earpiece speaker
  • Switch to linear brightness scaling
  • Expose auxiliary cameras to third party apps
  • Add HotwordEnrollment blobs (fixes "Ok Google" trigger)
  • Attempt to stop "Serial console is enabled" notification from appearing on certain regional firmwares
  • Fix DRM L1
  • MASSIVE vendor debloat (~620MB reduction in size)
  • Rebased kernel over official Realme kernel source
Download
Current build
Build 5

Code:
* Update blobs from C.11 firmware
* Attempt to fix buggy auto brightness
* Bumped vendor security patch to 5 July 2022
* Fixed HDR color issue

Notes
* Recommended firmware has changed to C.11, please flash C.11 before updating!
* Please make sure you reflash the GApps package BEFORE YOU REBOOT INTO SYSTEM.

Download her

Rinzler00000

Jan 23, 2017
hi
installed in A.26 and it doesnt boot .Always boots into recovery.
THe requirement also says that it needs C.11. But cant install TWRP recovery in RUI 3 C.11 firmware

Any suggetions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

Instructions:
    • Unlock the bootloader with the guide mentioned later in this post
    • Ensure the device is running the RealmeUI 3 C.11 Firmware
    • Flash the included LineageOS recovery and vbmeta using fastboot
    • Reboot to recovery mode
    • Wipe system, data and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the Gapps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, flashed the ROM without using Lineage Recovery or you installed Xposed/Zygisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • You tell me.
    Notes:
    • RealmeUI 3 C.11 firmware is required.
    • The ROM supports all regional variants of the Realme 8 (RMX3085)
    • Do not ask for ETAs
    How do i...
    Reporting Bugs
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with any backup apps:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    magisk modules (list them here):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    @TheMalachite, @Rortiz2, @TechyMinati
    Kernel Source (old): Here
    Kernel Source (new): Here
    New hotfix build available!
    Changes over last build
    * Fix hotspot issues introduced in the last build * Switch to AOSP hostapd * Drop MTK AEE * Drop unused firmware * Drop partition_permission & throttle scripts

Download here
    New build available!
    Changes over last build
    Code:
    * Update blobs from C.11 firmware
    * Attempt to fix buggy auto brightness
    * Bumped vendor security patch to 5 July 2022
    * Fixed HDR color issue

Notes
    * Recommended firmware has changed to C.11, please flash C.11 before updating!
    * Please make sure you reflash the GApps package BEFORE YOU REBOOT INTO SYSTEM.

Download here
    New build available!
    This build addresses some of the known issues with previous builds and includes general improvements.
    • Update the Android security patch level to 5 July 2022
    • Sync with latest LOS changes (full black for dark mode and more!)
    • Fix buggy hardware video playback
    • Add background service to fix gain control for earpiece speaker
    • Switch to linear brightness scaling
    • Expose auxiliary cameras to third party apps
    • Add HotwordEnrollment blobs (fixes "Ok Google" trigger)
    • Attempt to stop "Serial console is enabled" notification from appearing on certain regional firmwares
    • Fix DRM L1
    • MASSIVE vendor debloat (~620MB reduction in size)
    • Rebased kernel over official Realme kernel source
    Download
    New build available!
    Changes over last build
    * Sync with latest LineageOS changes * SELinux Enforcing * Add support for screen off gestures * Update blobs from C.09 firmware * Switch to source built kernel (4.14.282-bengris32) * Fix DT2W * Drop numerous unused blobs and services * Miscellaneous system optimizations

Download here