[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][13.0.0][r11][i9100] LineageOS 20.0 [ALPHA]

Search This thread

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
Just installed it on my S2! Seems to be running alright so far. Here are some bugs I'm facing right now.
  • Text is small in the launcher (and very slightly so in Settings?)
  • Brightness does not work
  • Bluetooth does not connect to headset (Pixel Buds A)
  • Cameras do not work
  • Getting random crashes during usage
  • Small dot in lock screen when password is not set, around the same location as a lock would be when a password is set
  • No ambient display settings
  • Camera preview is wide until first picture is taken
I'll update this list as I spot things on Build #1.

Awesome that Android 13 even runs on this thing! Amazing job to the whole team that brought this to life!

If this list seems critical, I really don't mean it that way. I just want to try help spot bugs
No problem. I have updated the OP with these issues.

ran000

Dec 16, 2010

ol1ver

Jun 25, 2011
gitlab.com
@Rlando I'm sure you have a new phone that you are happy with now, but:

> I used the phone primary for calling and WhatsApp but without 3G this isn't working for me.

I switched to Ben (on the T-Mobile network) which still has quite decent speed on 3G, making it I could keep my note2 and S2 running until now. Yes, time is running out :) but there's still some hope ;)

KLMtheReal

Jan 14, 2021
Wow, I used to have this phone up until 2017 when it started failling even when reverting to stock rom/partitions. Respect for keeping alive the development!

Reactions: zpunout
I am using a Japanese Galaxy SⅡ (SC-02C) and it works perfectly. Thank you for the great ROM!
85a39bf1-45b3-434c-9969-0fd92c28c680-jpeg.5787507

Attachments

• 85A39BF1-45B3-434C-9969-0FD92C28C680.jpeg
    85A39BF1-45B3-434C-9969-0FD92C28C680.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,479

JokR0724

Feb 21, 2022
When I download Bitgapps on my s2 with LineageOS 20, my phone doesn't recognize swiping motion well. It detects taping well, but not swiping. Is there a way to fix this?

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
Finally, I found the time to test LOS 13 for the SII - thank you for investing the time in this and all previous builds!

Maybe I was mislead by the positive remarks of multiple earlier posts but I ran into more relevant issues than expected (coming from a rock solid LOS 19.1). Installation (clean incl. format data) and initial boot no issue (no Magisk, no GApps, ...). But from that moment onward several random reboots. Also, I noticed that WiFi is not working after a reboot (controlled or random) - connecting but indicating no internet connection. This was also reproducible across another complete clean installation.

Yogi555

Jul 21, 2021
Opposite to the previous post, wifi works for me without issues. So additional factors seem to play a role for the wifi-effect to show up.
My procedure was:
Removal of the SIM
Using the Odin-method described in 19.1 #1 post - including repartitioning.
Then I used the three-button-method to launch twrp 3.6.1_9.0 and downgraded it to 3.3.1-1 which is recommended here in post #1
Reboot to twrp 3.3.1-1, then next was formatting data, system and caches and wiping for factory-reset.
Again reboot to twrp and now I flashed the lineage-20.0-20221211-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip without warnings/errors.
Without rebooting I flashed BiTGApps-arm-13.0.0-v1.8_signed.zip without warnings/errors. Wiped cache at the end.
Booted into system and was setting up essential things - including a WPA2-protected wifi-connection to my OpenWRT based router.
Startig playstore I was asked to enter my google-account-data and then I was able to install apps.
Tried several reboots - but no strange effects - wifi-connection was instantly there after the reboots.
Using the three-button-method I jumped back to twrp and installed the magisk-bootimage to the boot-partition.
Back in system I installed Magisk 4.1.apk, activated Zygisk, rebooted and then the basic setup was done.
Now I've inserted the SIM, activated mobile data and it worked as well.
Several manual reboots for testing-purpose caused no wifi-issue.

Reactions: Chicko24 and js-xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe we are also very lucky and rINanDO
    is already working on the new Android 14.
    Opposite to the previous post, wifi works for me without issues. So additional factors seem to play a role for the wifi-effect to show up.
    My procedure was:
    Removal of the SIM
    Using the Odin-method described in 19.1 #1 post - including repartitioning.
    Then I used the three-button-method to launch twrp 3.6.1_9.0 and downgraded it to 3.3.1-1 which is recommended here in post #1
    Reboot to twrp 3.3.1-1, then next was formatting data, system and caches and wiping for factory-reset.
    Again reboot to twrp and now I flashed the lineage-20.0-20221211-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip without warnings/errors.
    Without rebooting I flashed BiTGApps-arm-13.0.0-v1.8_signed.zip without warnings/errors. Wiped cache at the end.
    Booted into system and was setting up essential things - including a WPA2-protected wifi-connection to my OpenWRT based router.
    Startig playstore I was asked to enter my google-account-data and then I was able to install apps.
    Tried several reboots - but no strange effects - wifi-connection was instantly there after the reboots.
    Using the three-button-method I jumped back to twrp and installed the magisk-bootimage to the boot-partition.
    Back in system I installed Magisk 4.1.apk, activated Zygisk, rebooted and then the basic setup was done.
    Now I've inserted the SIM, activated mobile data and it worked as well.
    Several manual reboots for testing-purpose caused no wifi-issue.
    Is it possible that this change fix the problem with newer Magisk on our device?
    Someone have tested it?
    lineage.jpg

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

About Galaxy S2 running Android 13.0!
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to my thread for i9100 (2011) running Android 13! Currently I'm not using my S2 as daily drive anymore since 3G is turned off. I used the phone primary for calling and WhatsApp but without 3G this isn't working for me. But nevertheless it didn't stopped me for porting Android 13 on this legendary phone.

Most of the work has been done by "LineageOS Ultra Legacy"-team. I don't know if this is the right teamname but someone added me in the Telegram group and they gave me some hints during development. Thanks guys! I was quite late starting porting this ROM and I was happy most BPF issues were already solved there. The i9100's kernel (still 3.0.101) needed some patches related to random=syscall and bpf in order to boot Android at all. That took a while to get it stable passing the factory i9100 splashscreen. From that point I could build LineageOS with the sources of "LineageOS Ultra Legacy"-team.

Credits
    * LineageOS Ultra Legacy
    * @html6405
    * @ChronoMonochrome
    * Shivaay
    * @lee.wp14
    * @ze7zez
    * arco68
    * Team Infusion
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors the last 10 years working on this legendary phone
    * Last but not least @Concept48 which reviews custom ROMS from all kind of phones including my work on this ancient one :)

I hope I didn't miss someone, please let me know.

Source code:
    https://www.github.com/lineageos
    https://www.github.com/rinando

Current state:
    Working:
    - RIL (Phone/SMS)
    - Audio
    - Wifi
    - IMEI
    - Touchkeys
    - Hardware encode/decoder
    - Display
    - DRM, for e.g. Netflix
    - Selinux enforced
    - Magisk v24.1
    - Camera Videorecording
    - Camera Pictures
    - (A)GPS
    - Bluetooth audio

Untested
    - BitGapps (or any other Gapps packages if you dare ;))
    - BLN

Working-ish/WIP:
    - Sensors, sometimes works
    - FM Radio (using Spirit2, sometimes it needs couple app starts)

Not working/known issues:
    - PowerHAL
    - LiveDisplay
    - MicroG support
    - Bluetooth headset not working
    - Text is small in the launcher (and very slightly so in Settings?)
    - Display Brightness does not work (Lights-HAL not working)
    - Random crashes during usage
    - Small dot in lock screen when password is not set, around the same location as a lock would be when a password is set
    - No ambient display settings
    - Camera preview is wide until first picture is taken

Won't fix:
    - HDMI (MHL) (support broken/removed since CM 10)

How to install LineageOS 20.0
    If you are familiar with the installation of custom ROMs than you probably already know what to do.
    If you already have Lineage 19.1 running, just do a full clean install in TWRP and your good to go.
    I personally still use the old TWRP 3.3.1-1 because TWRP 3.6.1 fails to make the Magisk enabled kernel file I create seperatly for every release.
    For now please look for detailed instructions here to get LineageOS 19.1 running first.

How to apply Magisk-kernel on top of LineageOS 20.0
    Normally you flash the Magisk.zip or install it with using the MagiskManager app. But our device is ancient and uses a deprecated partition/boot procedure. Magisk needs to update the ramdisk-image but that is integrated into the kernel-image (zImage). Therefore I created this seperate kernel-image (zImage-file) with the Magisk modified ramdisk-image.
    • Copy the Magisked kernel on the SD-card of your phone.
      This is the second download-file in the download section ending with ...magisk_boot.img.
    • Reboot into recovery (TWRP)
    • In TWRP
      • Choose Install
      • Choose Install Image
        Now you can select ...magisk_boot.img
      • Choose Boot
      • And flash it
    • Reboot into Android
    • Download Magisk from https://magiskmanager.com
      • If you download the .zip, rename it to .apk
      • Install the Magisk App in Android and follow its instructions

Downloads - LOS 20.0 Builds

Build #1 2022-10-18

Overall state: Random softboots/crash
    Android build: 13.0.0-r8
    Required recovery: TWRP 3.3.1-1

Downloads
    lineage-20.0-20221017-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (EDIT: Link updated!!)
    lineage-20.0-20221017-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img

Build #2 2022-11-07
    Overall state: Better than Build #1.
    Android build: 13.0.0-r11

Changes:
    - Fixed Bluetooth audio
    - Camera is more reliable
    - Fixed some crashes (related to lack of eBpf support in kernel)

Downloads
    lineage-20.0-20221107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100 .zip
    lineage-20.0-20221107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot .img
    New build is up!

Build #2 2022-11-07

Overall state: Better than Build #1.
    Android build: 13.0.0-r11

Changes:
    - Fixed Bluetooth audio
    - Camera is more reliable
    - Fixed some crashes (related to lack of eBpf support in kernel)

Downloads
    lineage-20.0-20221107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100 .zip
    lineage-20.0-20221107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot .img
    Just installed it on my S2! Seems to be running alright so far. Here are some bugs I'm facing right now.
    • Cameras do not work
    • Small dot in lock screen when password is not set, around the same location as a lock would be when a password is set

Awesome that Android 13 even runs on this thing! Amazing job to the whole team that brought this to life!

If this list seems critical, I really don't mean it that way. I just want to try help spot bugs

maybe....
    Thanks! I uploaded the rom here:
    • Cameras do not work

No problem. I have updated the OP with these issues.