[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][13][ I9300 ][ LineageOS 20.0 ][BETA]

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Can you also bring Android 13 to the Tab 4 10.1? It has the same processor as the S3 Neo.
Yes,
send me an PN.
@html6405, hello, I wanted to try your LOS 20.0 rom, but I don't see any files there: AFH.
Use the mega link from the start post, AFH is still not working.
@rodman01, I followed the link in the "How to install it" spoiler, which then linked to the AFH site...

@html6405 you should update the link on the MHS page.

Thanks all
Thanks, I will add the mega link there :).

Reactions: vincele6

Enrimarza

Dec 9, 2022
hi. i have a problem. there IS a pacth with can i use mirrorlink 1.0 with this software, for connected with My car?

Tube7

Feb 11, 2021
Hello,
the volume of voice recordings (e.g. whatsapp or signal) has always been too low for me in Lineage OS. In order for my interlocutors to understand me properly, I always had to increase the volume by changing the mixer_paths.xml in /root/vendor/etc/. Here is the video:
Unfortunately this file does not exist in Lineage OS 19.1. Does anyone know how to increase the volume of voice recordings here?

dvdram

Jun 30, 2014
Thank you so much! I can't believe that you're keeping this old monster alive and kicking! :)

I still have my old S3 lying around as a kind emergency phone, and as soon as LOS 20 is leaving Alpha state, I will give it a try. Looking forward to it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is 2024. You don't want to daily drive a Samsung 3G only phone. Except you only do phone calls and sms, and for that an old nokia dumb phone is better.
    No, you're wrong. As a fact I switched from my S24 to the S3 for a week to actually test this out. And you wanna know something? The battery was better than my Nothing Phone (2a). It was fairly usable not only for Phone Calls or SMS but actually for some lightweight Games too! So as long as you didn't test anything out, I suppose you don't answer such Questions.
    Hi everyone, I just wish to ask you all in this thread who have used the latest LOS 20 Rom for the Samsung i9300 the following questions :

(1) Random Reboots: Are there any random reboots with the latest update of this A13 rom?
    (2) Mic Sound: Are there any issues with the microphone sound - either in callphone sound, and in Whatsapp ?
    (3) Battery Drain: Any severe battery issues ?
    (4) Stability: How stable is the latest Rom for use as a daily driver ?
    (5) Connectivity: Is the mobile data connection working 24/7 ? Wifi working?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Kind regards, Heinrich
    (1) Random Reboots are there only if you use too many Apps at the same time. But they can get pretty annoying.
    (2) The Mic Issue has been fixed.
    (3) Battery holds up really good. (2 Days if I rarely use the Phone)
    (4) The ROM is ngl pretty stable. However I suppose you switch to html's Android 14 ROM because I experienced much less random reboots and the Performance was very good.
    (5) Mobile Data works 24/7 but it is pretty slow as it runs on Edge Connection (Striped down 3G) But if you still have 3G Support in you're country you could expect much faster connections. But for me Edge wa pretty usable for texting using WhatsApp and Telegram. Some lightweight Web Browsing worked too!
    Hope I could help.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my builds of LineageOS 20.0 for our Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300).
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work on these devices!

Here you can see whats working:

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • NFC
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB
    • RIL
    • OTA-Updates
    • Tethering via WIFI and Bluetooth
    • much more...
    • BT audio in a phone call
    • Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    • Network monitoring because of missing eBPF
    • Maybe random reboots
    I would recommend to use microG instead of BitGapps,
    here you can find the installation instructions:
    1. Download Magisk 24.1 and flash it via TWRP (yes, flash the APK file), reboot
    2. Open Magisk and update the App (and do a reboot if it's asking)
    3. Enable Zygisk in Magisk
    4. Download and install microG installer in the Magisk manager, reboot
    5. Download and install safetynet-fix in the Magisk manager, reboot
    6. Check with a safetynet checker app and you should pass :)

Credits
    * LineageOS Ultra Legacy
    * @rINanDO
    * @ChronoMonochrome
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    *All others who worked on the exynos 4 devices

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][13.x][I9300][BETA] LineageOS 20.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 13.x T
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.2
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2022-09-22
    Last Updated 2023-10-23
    Update 08.09.2023:
    • Moved and synced with Lineage-UL
    • Added SamsungServiceMode
    Hi!, there isn't yet a lineage 20.0 for the S3 Neo?
    Thanks.
    Wrong thread, this is for i9300! But anyway, I will also bring A13 to the S3 Neo.
    Man u are a machine congratulations :)