• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [20-11-2020] [10.0] [pyxis] ArrowOS v10.0

Search This thread

dirka12345

Dec 30, 2018
@SlimShady's is it possible somehow update simple mobile apps? Seems the ones built-in are different signature than f-droid and I cannot update them, would be really appreciated if I could somehow get rid of those from system or you included ones from f-droid, so far the only issue I have with the rom, but quite critical not being able update those apps which I really use frequently.

Chris_218

Nov 16, 2019
@SlimShady's is it possible somehow update simple mobile apps? Seems the ones built-in are different signature than f-droid and I cannot update them, would be really appreciated if I could somehow get rid of those from system or you included ones from f-droid, so far the only issue I have with the rom, but quite critical not being able update those apps which I really use frequently.
You can uninstall the original ones through ADB commands.

Reactions: SlimShady's

BimGuessWhat

Jan 26, 2020
I've discovered a strange audio problem with my ArrowOS installation: When headphones are connected via 3.5mm jack, only system sounds (ring tone, notification tone) are played through the headphones. Music that is played in other apps (for example Firefox/Youtube, RadioDroid) is inaudible. After unplugging the headphones, the music is audible through the speakers (as expected).

I installed the latest stable EU firmware afterwards. That didn't solve the problem. I might try the latest HentaiKremul kernel, but i wonder if anybody else has this problem with a standard ArrowOS installation? Could there be some setting in the systems audio configuration that might cause this?

BimGuessWhat

Jan 26, 2020
I've discovered a strange audio problem with my ArrowOS installation: When headphones are connected via 3.5mm jack, only system sounds (ring tone, notification tone) are played through the headphones. Music that is played in other apps (for example Firefox/Youtube, RadioDroid) is inaudible. After unplugging the headphones, the music is audible through the speakers (as expected).

I installed the latest stable EU firmware afterwards. That didn't solve the problem. I might try the latest HentaiKremul kernel, but i wonder if anybody else has this problem with a standard ArrowOS installation? Could there be some setting in the systems audio configuration that might cause this?

Just for the record: The installation of HentaiKremul Akeno Himejima kernel didn't help either :(.

Lumpnhendl

Oct 31, 2012

Yes i have the same problem with the evolution x rom. Only headsets with mic seem to work. It's the only thing preventing me from switching.

Reactions: BimGuessWhat

BimGuessWhat

Jan 26, 2020
Yes i have the same problem with the evolution x rom. Only headsets with mic seem to work. It's the only thing preventing me from switching.

Just bought a headset and voilà: It works. Thanks alot :).

The log was started while music is already playing. Then the headphone is attached. Shortly after the logging was stopped.

Attachments

• logcat_07-11-2020_13-08-33.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

SlimShady's

Recognized Contributor
Dec 19, 2013
cd /world/europe/italy
NEW UPDATE OUT

• Reworked FOD a bit (introduced gfscreenoffd)
  • Updated to latest version of HentaiKremul
  • Updated GPS
  • Updated audio HAL
  • Few LMK tweaks
  • July Security Patch
  • Update to latest ArrowOS changes

New link in the OP,
thank you

I highly suggest you all to join the Telegram group and ping me if there is something you want to say, since I don't check XDA that much: Group Link

BimGuessWhat

Jan 26, 2020
I am happy to report that the headphone problem is fixed with the new update.

Regarding ArrowOS itself: Is there a reason why the default music and mail apps from AOSP/LineageOS are not included at all, and why the default browser was replaced by the DuckDuckGo browser (dito the gallery and calendar app)? Is it because people tend to replace these apps anyway with their own favourites?

SlimShady's

Recognized Contributor
Dec 19, 2013
cd /world/europe/italy
I am happy to report that the headphone problem is fixed with the new update.

Regarding ArrowOS itself: Is there a reason why the default music and mail apps from AOSP/LineageOS are not included at all, and why the default browser was replaced by the DuckDuckGo browser (dito the gallery and calendar app)? Is it because people tend to replace these apps anyway with their own favourites?

Nice!
Anyways, it's a thing ArrowOS decided to introduce. It's not up to me.

Reactions: Foreal_Bruh

laihenyi

Aug 28, 2010
Want to transfer from Crdroid to Arrow ...
my steps :
1.format data then reboot to twrp
2.advanced wipe dalvik/cache/system/vendor/data
3.flash latest firmware (CHINA Weekly beta)
4.flash Arrow ROM then reboot to os
5.reboot to twrp
6.flash nikgapps-stock or Opengapps-nano
7.flash magisk 20.4 (or not to flash is the same)
8.reboot system

then I meet the error ,
android setup keep stopping and rebooting …

Any suggestion ?

NEW UPDATE OUT

• Reworked FOD a bit (introduced gfscreenoffd)
  • Updated to latest version of HentaiKremul
  • Updated GPS
  • Updated audio HAL
  • Few LMK tweaks
  • July Security Patch

New link in the OP,
thank you

I highly suggest you all to join the Telegram group and ping me if there is something you want to say, since I don't check XDA that much: Group Link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM

Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Note : OpenGapps Mini / Nano are strongly recommended.

Other important notes - The clean installation should be the following.
    • 1. Format data and reboot to recovery
    • 2. Flash ROM and reboot.
    • 3. After booting, go back to recovery and flash GApps.
    • 4. Reboot system.

PayPal: Support me as I don't even own this device :)

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/DarkAngelGR/kernel_xiaomi_pyxis_new

BIG BIG THANKS TO:
    there were never updates again, do you know if Dev abandoned the project?

Of course not ;)

NEW UPDATE OUT

• New device tree and vendor sources
    • Switch to Phoenix kernel by @nysadev (random reboots fixed)
    • DRM now working

Only bug is that FOD works properly only with max brightness.
    I'm working on that.

New link in the OP,
    thank you
    NEW UPDATE OUT

• Updated build fingerprint to May
    • Fixed Netflix, etc videos crashing
    • Updated audio volume (raised volume a bit)
    • CPU stats now can be read
    • Fix Call Recording sometimes not working
    • Fix pattern view overlapping FOD icon on lockscreen
    • Possibly fix adaptive brightness

New link in the OP,
    thank you
    Again a NEW UPDATE

• FOD is now completely fixed.
    • ArrowOS sources updated.
    You can find the latest build in the OP link.

The ROM should be bug-free now. If you find any other bug, tell me.

Thanks to all the testers!
    NEW UPDATE OUT

• Reworked PowerHAL
    • Switched to @DarkAngelGR 's HentaiKremul RiasGremory R2.0 (Stable Q Kernel)
    • Added Pocket Mode
    • June Security Patch

New link in the OP,
    thank you

I suggest you all to join the Telegram group and ping me if there is something you want to say: Group Link