[DISCONTINUED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][20210205] Pixel Experience Eleven for Xperia 5 II

Search This thread

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
Hasn't Sony already released the kernel so that you can fix the exfat problem? I mean the A11 firmwares are available for every region now. I will switch to this ROM straight away once there is exfat support cause stock A11 from Sony sucks really hard

Firmware out doesn't mean kernel source out. Based on sony open source. Still publishing A10 kernel for some devices.

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
Hasn't Sony already released the kernel so that you can fix the exfat problem? I mean the A11 firmwares are available for every region now. I will switch to this ROM straight away once there is exfat support cause stock A11 from Sony sucks really hard

Btw. If you are eager to use exfat. Wait for the sodp + pe. It's said will come out very soon. Just within a week (maybe)

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
I don't use eBay or banking apps. But fingerprint worki nice in PayPal. Check if its a magisk problem.
Fingerprint is not working at all for me as an authentication, not even in PayPal. If I turn on the setting to use it does not do anything when I touch the sensor... There is definitely a big somewhere. It works fpr unlocking the phone only. But if it works for you the I just hope that it will work once A11 vendor based PE comes out

Last edited:

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Btw. If you are eager to use exfat. Wait for the sodp + pe. It's said will come out very soon. Just within a week (maybe)
But will your apps like Dolby Atmos, Stock Camera, Photo Pro and Cinema Pro work with it? Cause that is the one reason why I chose this particular PE build. Will you even release Dolby Atmos as a separate app like the others?

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Found some more: OK Google can't even be activated... And the assistant in general is outdated and doesn't even use the new design. Would love to see that fixed ;)

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
@ken442266
Since SODP A11 PE does not boot on most of the devices and if it does is very unstable I will stick to your version hoping for exfat support in the near future ;)
And I really hope you keep updating this ROM for a loooong time ;) cause it is the probably the best ROM (incl. camera performance) that will ever exist for this device.
Can't wait to test A11 vendor version with PE plus in march (incl. face unlock etc) with all the new features you ported from stock :)
Btw there is a big bug with video recording which makes it unusable (tried 1080p, 1080p60 and 4k). It laggs es hell when you record something and play the video afterwards. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PLAYING THE VIDEO WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS. I have already cleared the data of Google Photos but that did not fix it. Btw VLC video player is playing the recorded video just fine... And the rotation issue (rotation radomly not working) still persists as well... Could you please fix that? Or is this already fixed by switching to the new A11 vendor next month?

Last edited:

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
@ken442266
Since SODP A11 PE does not boot on most of the devices and if it does is very unstable I will stick to your version hoping for exfat support in the near future ;)
And I really hope you keep updating this ROM for a loooong time ;) cause it is the probably the best ROM (incl. camera performance) that will ever exist for this device.
Can't wait to test A11 vendor version with PE plus in march (incl. face unlock etc) with all the new features you ported from stock :)
Btw there is a big bug with video recording which makes it unusable (tried 1080p, 1080p60 and 4k). It laggs es hell when you record something and play the video afterwards. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PLAYING THE VIDEO WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS. I have already cleared the data of Google Photos but that did not fix it. Btw VLC video player is playing the recorded video just fine... And the rotation issue (rotation radomly not working) still persists as well... Could you please fix that? Or is this already fixed by switching to the new A11 vendor next month?

Same lag here when playback. Maybe its Google Photo problem. Play well in X-Plore. And rotation is fine here. So there won`t be any fix until another guy report the same bug.

Reactions: churchner420

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Same lag here when playback. Maybe its Google Photo problem. Play well in X-Plore. And rotation is fine here. So there won`t be any fix until another guy report the same bug.
Okay man thanks very much for your reply. Looking forward to the march update with PE plus edition as well ;) I am certain that the rotation issue is fixed with A11 vendor anyway so no need to fix that!
I wish you a great start of the week :) and stay safe
Btw if you like you can also text me on Telegram (@churchner420). Would be way easier to report bugs and send pics and vids of it as well, cause I think I am the only main user of this ROM atm except you

Last edited:

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
And the playback lag is not a Google Photos issue. When you reproduce it you should capture some logs. The issue is not there on stock.
And the rotation issue is hard to reproduce. You need to unlock, relock, unlock etc and everytime you try it check rotation in any landscape capable app. Most of the time the rotation works for me as well but many times when I really needed it it didn't work. I know it's just bad luck...

And did you already do something to the assistant issue? Cause the assistant is extremely outdated and ok Google doesn't work at all (can't even be activated in the Google settings)

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Btw I tried everything to fix the Google assistant. Tried resetting the Google App, uninstalling the app's updates, retraining or deleting the voice model an reseting the phone. None of those methods worked so it must be a ROM issue not an app issue. Would really love to see this fixed

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
Btw I tried everything to fix the Google assistant. Tried resetting the Google App, uninstalling the app's updates, retraining or deleting the voice model an reseting the phone. None of those methods worked so it must be a ROM issue not an app issue. Would really love to see this fixed

If you talking about 'ok google' to wake Google. See under.
Assistant key customize && Google assistant wake by voice is fixed in March update. So just wait for it.

Reactions: churchner420

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
And the playback lag is not a Google Photos issue. When you reproduce it you should capture some logs. The issue is not there on stock.
And the rotation issue is hard to reproduce. You need to unlock, relock, unlock etc and everytime you try it check rotation in any landscape capable app. Most of the time the rotation works for me as well but many times when I really needed it it didn't work. I know it's just bad luck...

And did you already do something to the assistant issue? Cause the assistant is extremely outdated and ok Google doesn't work at all (can't even be activated in the Google settings)

Yeap. I did catch a log for fixing this. But the log didn't show me anything useful information. So I can't tell what cause it.

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Yeap. I did catch a log for fixing this. But the log didn't show me anything useful information. So I can't tell what cause it.
Hmm that's weird... Maybe it's a performance issue and the Googe Photos app does not get enough juice from the processor or RAM to run properly. That would at least be an explanation for the log not giving you any errors. If you've got time to run stock for a moment to capture some logs there what happens when you use Google Photos that would be awesome. Cause then you could compare both to see what the difference is.
Anyway thanks sooo much for your hard work. I really appreciate it :)
Small hint for the PE Plus version that will very likely come out this month: DT2W may be on board and might need fixing. Just so that you know there is sth to check ;) it might also work straight away cause this ROM is stock based

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Found one more thing that needs fixing:
When you are in Photo Pro and switched the Drive mode from Single to Continuous and hold down the camera button it opens up the default camera app. Just one if/then line of code and it should be fixed

Last edited:

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
Really looking forward to the March update. Hope that it drops this week ;) PE Plus and March patches should already be merched on the PE server :)

Last edited:

ken442266

Jun 29, 2014
Really looking forward to the March update. Hope that it drops this week ;) PE Plus and March patches should already be merched on the PE server :)

No. PE will drop this week, And of course with March security patch. But not plus. i haven't saw any move on PE plus. And a sadly new. this will be the last update due to my personal reason, I have to sold this phone.

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
No. PE will drop this week, And of course with March security patch. But not plus. i haven't saw any move on PE plus. And a sadly new. this will be the last update due to my personal reason, I have to sold this phone.
Ooohhhhh nooooo, really bad news. Is there really no other dev who could continue to update this lovely ROM? I am going back to stock now because if that ROM being discontinued...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTICE:
    This is the last update before i sold this phone.
    [Please make sure you updated to 58.1.X (Which is Android11)]
    From PE.
    + Plus Edition
    + Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    + Improved unlocking animations
    + Face unlock
    + March Security Patch

From Me.
    + R vendor Based
    + Assistant key fixed
    + Camera key fixed
    + 5Ghz hotspot support

About Pixel Experience

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Based on Android 11.0

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    3. You need to flash Stock Android 11 before flashing this ROM.
    4. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
    5. If you came from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 11 firmware, and boot into launcher.
    6. Please make sure you are using Android 11 Stock ROM [Version > 58.1.X] before flash this.
    7. Still in developing. May have some unexpected bugs.

Downloads Links:
    PEP is uploading. ETA One Day.

PixelExperience_pdx206-11.0-20210205-1222-BETA-UNOFFICIAL
    Unofficial-build: Link (MEGA)

Looking For CinemaPro And PhotoPro:
    Click Here

Flashing and updating:
    How to flash
    Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 10.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.
    Download latest platform-tools from
    google

1. Install fastbootd drivers, guidance
    2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    3. Enter fastbootd:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    4. Flash LineageOS:
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system_a vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot flash system_a system.img
    fastboot flash product_a product.img
    5. If you are first time to flash LineageOS, Wipe the old userdata:
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata

GApps:
    Already included

Root access:
    Flash Magisk in recovery.

SD CARD Notice:
    Format you sdcard into 'FAT32' if your sdcard can NOT be use in this system

Issues and reports:
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Bugs:
    LDAC (Not sure)
    FP Not working in Third Apps

Also thanks to:
    BBN Shion Sjll
    nezorflame (This build won`t come out so fast without his server)
    The Pixel Experience Team

Source:
    Kernel Source
    Device vendor
    Device Tree

Feel free to donate me:
    Paypal

Screenshots:

Screenshot_20210122-105131.png
    Screenshot_20210122-105048.png
    Screenshot_20210122-105125.png
    two minor issues.

1) nowhere to disable one sim card out of the two.
    2) there is no option for 5GHz in the settings of hotspot.

overall it runs smoothly. thank you!
    magisk patched from .51 works for magisk without having to use TWRP. Works great! Does anyone know if we can port Side Sense over to this ROM?
    The only bug Ive found is that if you rotate the device to landscape, it doesnt want to rotate back to portrait without turning the screen on and off

Maybe it's the PE problem.
    But mine is fine.
    So there is no march update coming? :(