• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ 4.4.4][Armani][8/09][DISCONTINUED] Carbon Rom RC7 4.4.4.

Search This thread

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150908-1053-armani.zip RC7 - 196.37 MB

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ 4.4.4][Armani][8/09][DISCONTINUED] Carbon Rom RC7 4.4.4. , ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
Tarun93, Kra1o5, khan_frd2002 , Ansuman Mahapatra and all others who helped me :)
Source Code: https://github.com/tarunkapadia93/android_device_xiaomi_armani

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Carbon ROM

Version Information

Created 2014-10-14
Last Updated 2015-12-22

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-46.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 41,190
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-51.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 40,250
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-07-56.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 37,846
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-43-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-43-03.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 38,396
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-43-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-43-08.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 38,113
Last edited:

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
FAQ :

i m having this problem pls help me
give me proper details what is wat i aint a god to know everything
adb logcat or Screenshot or something likewise

the incall vibration is not working what to do ?
its a a known issue from RC1 so dont cry over it pls

pls add this feature to the rom i like it i wanna see it in the rom
pls i wont do it i wanna keep it close to upstream n AOSP, a clean n stable rom is better then a rom full of features but not stable

i get the incoming call as heads up
its a feature in the rom that you will get the call in heads up if the screen is on if the screen is off you will get it in the old classic style

my battery is draining like hell i aint getting good Screen on time like others
everyones usage is different
if you have features its not neccessary to keep all the features on always switch on the features that only suits you or is useful for u in daily usage
n make sure you charge you phone i proper cycles its not only for my rom but any rom you flash charging you phone in cycles gives you the best Battery life

my phone heats up in normal usage
i have told a couple of time when you flash the rom in the start let it cool down for like 5 to 10 mins then start using the phone let the thermals get use to it

My brightness goes nuts sometimes when i m not even in sunlight
enable n disable the statusbar brightness slider
go to setting>carbonfibers>statusbar>statusbar brightness slider

Last edited:

sai dev

Oct 14, 2014
i have successfully compiled Carbon rom for redmi 1s the ril is not working but the rom is in beta so stay tuned

give it a try for now n tell me if it worked i could not test it myself as i have my phone for RMA for some reason :p as soon as i get it i will let you know :)

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6pNoRHoBd9jRlc5Tk9qYnNMQTg&export=download

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][Armani] Carbon Rom 4.4.4., ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
Tarun93, fefifofum, Kra1o5, and all others who helped me :)

Version Information

Created 2014-10-14
Last Updated 2014-10-15
good work

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

reserved , will post screenshots

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

reserved for posting screenshots

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
Man this is awesome. Will you update it atleast weekly to stay up with carbon rom updates? You could try to apply for a maintainer at CarbonROM forums so Redmi 1S can become official :D
i dont mind the problem is m a little new to these things so compiling is not a issue but adding up fetures n things i will take time to learn things n for sure i will try to keep the rom updated if i have members like khan_frd2002,fefifofum, Kra1o5, and Vishal Dubey yes for sure i will keep it updated for sure
the new update is totally awesome bro :victory:....everything is working fine without any issue
thanks for your hard work :good:

i huge huge thanx to you bro i might have never figured out the ril issue n would take ages for me to fix myself a huge thanx for been so kind n pointing out a fix thanx a lot :good::highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150908-1053-armani.zip RC7 - 196.37 MB

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ 4.4.4][Armani][8/09][DISCONTINUED] Carbon Rom RC7 4.4.4. , ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
    Tarun93, Kra1o5, khan_frd2002 , Ansuman Mahapatra and all others who helped me :)
    Source Code: https://github.com/tarunkapadia93/android_device_xiaomi_armani

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-10-14
    Last Updated 2015-12-22
    carbon RC6 releasing soon here is a change log

1. kernels build from source features add to kernel
      • Governors
      • Optimax Smartmax Wheately ondemandplus intelliactive
      • I/O Schedulers
      • BFQ SIO FIOPS ZEN VR
      • Zram enabled
      • Faux Sound
      • Vibrator and display calibration setting in device turntables
      • USB fast charge
      • Intelli_plug with Eco mode
      • Frandom enabled
      • DT2W n S2W (WIP)
    2. DSB is be removed mostly due to high amounts of systemui crashes n i want it as close as AOSP as possible
    3. Sabermod -O3 Optimization

just a day or two more guys :)
    guys my exams just got over so working on the RC7 n the kernels but the problem is i m have to get it working from scratch coz i had to delete my files downloading the source codes :fingers-crossed:
    RC6 released pls use Trickstermod to tweak around with the kernel
    FAQ :

i m having this problem pls help me
    give me proper details what is wat i aint a god to know everything
    adb logcat or Screenshot or something likewise

the incall vibration is not working what to do ?
    its a a known issue from RC1 so dont cry over it pls

pls add this feature to the rom i like it i wanna see it in the rom
    pls i wont do it i wanna keep it close to upstream n AOSP, a clean n stable rom is better then a rom full of features but not stable

i get the incoming call as heads up
    its a feature in the rom that you will get the call in heads up if the screen is on if the screen is off you will get it in the old classic style

my battery is draining like hell i aint getting good Screen on time like others
    everyones usage is different
    if you have features its not neccessary to keep all the features on always switch on the features that only suits you or is useful for u in daily usage
    n make sure you charge you phone i proper cycles its not only for my rom but any rom you flash charging you phone in cycles gives you the best Battery life

my phone heats up in normal usage
    i have told a couple of time when you flash the rom in the start let it cool down for like 5 to 10 mins then start using the phone let the thermals get use to it

My brightness goes nuts sometimes when i m not even in sunlight
    enable n disable the statusbar brightness slider
    go to setting>carbonfibers>statusbar>statusbar brightness slider