[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 + crDroid for Xiaomi MiPad

Search This thread

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
CyanogenMod 11 with crDroid additions for Xiaomi MiPad

!! IMPORTANT !!
xep.8800.org will be temporarely down from 29.03.15 for couple of weeks so it would be great if somebody do mirror of latest buld and post link here. Thx!

About:
Source built CM except proprietary blobs and binary kernel from stock MIUI rom.
This is not a port from another binary rom.

What's working:
It seems everything working for now..

Not working/Bugs:
"Wi-Fi region code" setting is broken. Do not touch it or it will break your wi-fi.
you tell me.. testing in progess..

Instructions:
1. Install CWM Recovery
2. Do Full Wipe If coming from another ROM
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Google Apps (my recommendation is to install minipal gapps due to /system partition size limits)
5. Reboot

Multirom Instructions:
1. Install TWRP Multirom Recovery
2. Reboot into TWRP and install multirom-20150205-v30-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
3. Click "Advanced->Multirom" and flash your desired second rom.
4. Return to the installed roms listing, click fresh installed rom and click "Remove boot.img" (Due to closed kernel sources kexec-hardboot is not implemented so we need to remove boot.img)
5. Reboot. Select your desired rom from multirom menu

Downloads:
cm-11-20150327-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
CWM

Multirom:
TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha.zip
multirom-20150205-v30-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip

I don't know if it is actually compiled with TEGRA optimizations but have created CWM flashable zip with stock bionic libraries. You can flash it on top of CM installation:
tegra_bionic.zip

Changelog:
* apply qcom bionic optimization
* build.prop dalvik etc tweaks

* Reboot to recovery fixed
* Recents view proportion fixed

* Synced with CM repo
* have enabled Display mirroring (miracast) though it does not work with my EZ dongle, sound is ok but screen is black. May be it'll work with another dongles...

* Update to the latest kernel from stock MIUI

* Sleep issue fixed
* Adopt nvcplsvc for CM & implement Performance Profile selection

* Synced up with CM repo.
* Added USB Mass Storage mode for external sd. Though it does not work along with ADB Debug enabled, need to be switched off when using UMS mode.

* Switch to CM's audio_effects and make Dirac plugin work. Equalizer crash fixed.

Links:
I take no responsibility for what this may or may not do to your device.
Do not forget to click Donate button! It makes me work harder! ;)

Last edited:

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
My device doesn't seem to go to sleep...

WakeLockDetector shows Android System --> ConnectivityService as the main issue. BetterBatteryStats shows the same...
I tried turning location services off, froze Mobile Data and Mobile Network Configuration in Titanium Backup but that doesn't help. No checking if the same wakelock appears with wifi off...

Anyone with any clue? Or the same problem?

Krystanos

Jan 30, 2008
Rennes
Will check the ROM and tell you dagrim.

But first thing first, I have to install it. And I have 2 questions, to avoid screwing things.

- Does it works with TWRP instead of CWM?
- Is there a reason to have a June version of minimal gapps where a version of December exist?

Thanks to everyone in the process (romers, informers, helpers) :)

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Will check the ROM and tell you dagrim.

But first thing first, I have to install it. And I have 2 questions, to avoid screwing things.

- Does it works with TWRP instead of CWM?
- Is there a reason to have a June version of minimal gapps where a version of December exist?

Thanks to everyone in the process (romers, informers, helpers) :)

I used pico gapps myself and the june version is way smaller then the december version, then again I actually did try the december version as well and it seemed to work fine. So not sure, apart from the size...

About TWRP vs CWM, not sure. Guess it also should work with TWRP but haven't tried... CWM is needed for True Dual Boot, but that seems bugged anyway.

Reactions: Krystanos

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
By me too. Battery drain is to much, device don't go to sleep...

Yeah, seems to be a common issue.

My device only goes to sleep when wifi is turned completely off. When I have it set to turn off when display is off I still get the wakelocks. I also have set the scanning for open wifi to off, location services turned off, etc.

For now I flashed back to the 0114 version as that one is working fine here...

If I can share some logs or anything, I'd be more then happy to!

Reactions: zolikaDB

Legacyleader

Mar 7, 2010
I Encounter Graphical Glitches with 3rd Party Browsers (Opera and UC Browser)
Chrome works fine so far. Also heavy Battery drain an 17/1

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Did a very dirty try or replacing frameworks.jar but that didn't work...

Saw some wifiStateTracker errors and that and ConnectivityService seemed to be part of the framework, that's why I gave it a shot. 0118 still has the deespleep/wakelock issue btw...

Krystanos

Jan 30, 2008
Rennes
I don't really care about dual boot. MIUI has so much limits. Once I go to CM, I don't think I'll be able to come back to MIUI...

But I'll stick to CWM, just in case...

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
I just tried the wpa_supplicant.bin file posted by pumbaster on 4pda and it seems to solve the deepsleep issues!

Post 351 of the custom mipad 4.4.4. rom thread there...

http://xep.8800.org/mipad/wpa_supplicant.bin

Place in system/bin and set permissions to rwxr-xr-x

@faust93: I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I saw you posted links to the same location in the topic start, if so my apologies and I will remove it asap (but I am going to sleep now, so won't be up until next morning...)

Also had some iussues with stuttering video playback, but setting 'disable hardware overlay' in developer settings fixed that for now...
Thanks for the awesome work!

Last edited:

zolikaDB

Feb 21, 2009
I just tried the wpa_supplicant.bin file posted by pumbaster on 4pda and it seems to solve the deepsleep issues!

Post 351 of the custom mipad 4.4.4. rom thread there...

http://xep.8800.org/mipad/wpa_supplicant.bin

Place in system/bin and set permissions to rwxr-xr-x

@faust93: I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I saw you posted links to the same location in the topic start, if so my apologies and I will remove it asap (but I am going to sleep now, so won't be up until next morning...)

Also had some iussues with stuttering video playback, but setting 'disable hardware overlay' in developer settings fixed that for now...
Thanks for the awesome work!

Is this bin file integrated in 2015.01.18 build? What do you know about this ROM? Did you test it?

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Is this bin file integrated in 2015.01.18 build? What do you know about this ROM? Did you test it?

I don't believe it's integrated in 0118, think that fixes some sd stuff...

I am currently running the 0118 build (with the wpa_supplicant.bin file replaced manually) and seems to be working pretty fine. Had some video issues with a certain app (video jumping a bit, stuttering) but think I fixed that with 'disable hardware overlay' in developer options.

Without the replaced .bin I also had a problem with turning off and on wifi. It would work when booting, but if I turned it off I couldn't turn it on again... The replaced .bin also fixes that. Now checking if antutu finishes it's run...

Krystanos

Jan 30, 2008
Rennes
Just another small question: full wipe will delete the /data partition too right ? So the ROM zip file will be deleted too ? Or am I missing something ?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 with crDroid additions for Xiaomi MiPad

!! IMPORTANT !!
    xep.8800.org will be temporarely down from 29.03.15 for couple of weeks so it would be great if somebody do mirror of latest buld and post link here. Thx!

About:
    Source built CM except proprietary blobs and binary kernel from stock MIUI rom.
    This is not a port from another binary rom.

What's working:
    It seems everything working for now..

Not working/Bugs:
    "Wi-Fi region code" setting is broken. Do not touch it or it will break your wi-fi.
    you tell me.. testing in progess..

Instructions:
    1. Install CWM Recovery
    2. Do Full Wipe If coming from another ROM
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash Google Apps (my recommendation is to install minipal gapps due to /system partition size limits)
    5. Reboot

Multirom Instructions:
    1. Install TWRP Multirom Recovery
    2. Reboot into TWRP and install multirom-20150205-v30-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
    3. Click "Advanced->Multirom" and flash your desired second rom.
    4. Return to the installed roms listing, click fresh installed rom and click "Remove boot.img" (Due to closed kernel sources kexec-hardboot is not implemented so we need to remove boot.img)
    5. Reboot. Select your desired rom from multirom menu

Downloads:
    cm-11-20150327-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
    CWM

Multirom:
    TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha.zip
    multirom-20150205-v30-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip

I don't know if it is actually compiled with TEGRA optimizations but have created CWM flashable zip with stock bionic libraries. You can flash it on top of CM installation:
    tegra_bionic.zip

Changelog:
    * apply qcom bionic optimization
    * build.prop dalvik etc tweaks

* Reboot to recovery fixed
    * Recents view proportion fixed

* Synced with CM repo
    * have enabled Display mirroring (miracast) though it does not work with my EZ dongle, sound is ok but screen is black. May be it'll work with another dongles...

* Update to the latest kernel from stock MIUI

* Sleep issue fixed
    * Adopt nvcplsvc for CM & implement Performance Profile selection

* Synced up with CM repo.
    * Added USB Mass Storage mode for external sd. Though it does not work along with ADB Debug enabled, need to be switched off when using UMS mode.

* Switch to CM's audio_effects and make Dirac plugin work. Equalizer crash fixed.

Links:
    I take no responsibility for what this may or may not do to your device.
    Do not forget to click Donate button! It makes me work harder! ;)
    silently updated on 11/9/2015
    http://xep.8800.org/mipad/
    Thanks to @faust93
    Mipad users be almost ready
    I may release cm12 tommorow or day after tommorow
    Don't take it final
    Its difficult
    Its very hard
    Specially without the device
    Cm12 coming soon for mipad in few days
    Will need testers
    This 5.1 supposed rom is obviously trolling.
    OK so I am trolling
    Being working for an unknown device which u don't have which has no kernle source
    Which has only some Russian devs
    U expect that lollipop is too simple for this
    Then u r wrong
    Can u help me
    Begging Hugo barra for kernel source
    Trolling lol

I haven't replied to many pms becoz I don't want people to softbrick their devices
    Sorry those I haven't replied
    I am trying
    And again
    Its not a troll