[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4][CM11] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies for Galaxy S4

Search This thread

HazAnwar

Jul 17, 2008
London, UK
Hi guys,

These are my UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod ROMs, I build straight from the official sources and try to change as little as possible to leave it as much like the proper CM as possible. There are official ROMs and you can find the official thread here. The instructions below still apply for the official ROMs though, so check down for installation instructions. The official nightlies available here.

Thanks!

Donations:
Donations are not mandatory however they are greatly appreciated... :)
- Me
- XDA
- CyanogenMod

Special thanks to:
- CyanogenMod for making this amazing community and software for us to all use
- Victator for getting the nightlies up and running through the HAX (the jfltetmo ROMs reworked)
- Vertigo for his device trees and the additional help he has given me on getting the ROM working, including fixes
- invisiblek for all his help for CyanogenMod on the jfltexx and being the official maintainer
- Schrotty35 for his $5 donation!
- Jonathan de Pass for his $10 donation!
- Quaaazy for his $20 donation!
- Thomas Braun for his $20 donation!

Benchmarks (AnTuTu):
- Stock - 24824
- CyanogenMod - 26251
- Google Edition - 26429

Sources:
- https://github.com/CyanogenMod/
- https://github.com/HazAnwar/

Kernel:
Using the CyanogenMod sources kernel!

Changelogs:
- CyanogenMod
- jfltexx

Downloads:
- Google Apps
- ROMs

Instructions:
1) Root device (suggest using Chainfire's CF-Root)
2) Install a custom recovery (I suggest using official from the CWM site) - Use SGS4 Flasher to install it directly onto your phone (you need make sure you have root access). Also note that people are running into problems when running other recoveries so try use the ones stated above for your own sake!

Upgrading from Stock/other ROM?
3) Reboot into Recovery
4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
5) Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
6) Install CyanogenMod
7) Install Google Apps
8) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous build?
3) Reboot into Recovery
4) Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (optional but advised)
5) Install CyanogenMod
6) Reboot

If you need any help then feel free to ask :)

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies for Galaxy S4, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
HazAnwar
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Must be prerooted and have custom recovery installed
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-08-13
Last Updated 2013-11-17

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-26-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-26-18.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 34,729
  • Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-26-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-26-44.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 34,659
  • Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-27-04.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-27-04.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 31,928
  • Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-27-23.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-14-27-23.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 31,596
Last edited:

HazAnwar

Jul 17, 2008
London, UK
This may not be very accurate, just based on what I thought when I used it and what people have reported back...

Not Working:
- Nothing is broken (?)

Working:
- Everything else (i.e. WiFi, NFC, Camera, Proximity Sensor, Audio, etc...)
- IR Blaster (only tested with Smart Remote with root access)
- ART seems to work fine but some Google processes crash, most apps work fine as well; the only one I found not to run on ART was WhatsApp and apparently they've said they're not going to support it till it's official/out of beta

Last edited:

HazAnwar

Jul 17, 2008
London, UK

Couldn't have been done without you. ;)

yeah that works fine.

I'm currently getting:
hazanwar@Hazik-Ubuntu:~/android/system$ repo sync
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/cm-10.1
Fetching projects: 19% (69/359) fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/cm-10.1
Fetching projects: 49% (176/359) error: Cannot fetch HazAnwar/android_device_samsung_jfltexx
Fetching projects: 50% (180/359)
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors
Any ideas?

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Couldn't have been done without you. ;)

I'm currently getting:

Any ideas?

Is it set to sync in your local_manifest.xml? I had this when trying to sync for PA earlier, and when I checked it was something in there that I'd missed and it kept saying exactly the same thing...

I'm not saying thats your issue, but just go through all the stuff you've added and double check it ;)

HazAnwar

Jul 17, 2008
London, UK
Is it set to sync in your local_manifest.xml? I had this when trying to sync for PA earlier, and when I checked it was something in there that I'd missed and it kept saying exactly the same thing...

I'm not saying thats your issue, but just go through all the stuff you've added and double check it ;)

It's set up to sync .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml? It was working fine earlier as that's how I managed to make the first build. Just not sure why it's not working now. I've tried "repo sync -f" and "repo sync -f -j8" and still no luck :confused:... I'll keep looking :p

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
It's set up to sync .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml? It was working fine earlier as that's how I managed to make the first build. Just not sure why it's not working now. I've tried "repo sync -f" and "repo sync -f -j8" and still no luck :confused:... I'll keep looking :p

Just try moving the roomservice.xml and local_manifest.xml out of those folders (maybe to desktop) and then try again and see what happens, if it syncs ok, you know there is an issue with those files, so you know where to look... ;)

That is what I would do anyway

HazAnwar

Jul 17, 2008
London, UK
Just try moving the roomservice.xml and local_manifest.xml out of those folders (maybe to desktop) and then try again and see what happens, if it syncs ok, you know there is an issue with those files, so you know where to look... ;)

That is what I would do anyway

Just did that before I read this and it seems to be syncing fine now.. What do you think could be the problem with the roomservice.xml?

Working:
LTE
NFC
GPS
Audio
Compass
Bluetooth
HW Acceleration
USB/WiFi Tethering
Proximity Sensor (When taking away from your ear it takes some time for the screen to turn back on)
WiFi (Some users have intermittent problems - hopefully they wont happen anymore Thanks to Vertigo)
Camera (Front facing in camera app looks a bit distored but works fine elsewhere e.g. Skype, Instagram, etc..)

Not Working:
IR Blaster
Thermometer
Hover Touchscreen

For all the not working features Cyanogen (Steve Kondik) himself is working for licences to bring them to CyanogenMod as they only work on the TouchWiz Framework at the moment so hopefully they'll come along with the official nightlies :)

Can anyone please verify that the headset is working with phone calls yet? :confused:

With every other version of this ROM, it hasn't been working for me. :(

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
WTF THANKS!

New bugs fixed in this version:

- Screen Color Temperature Calibration (Other versions such as vic and vertigo's builds has a "hot" (greenish) tint on screen at low brightness on my device)

Not yet fixed:
In-call headset (wired) still not able to input sound

Reactions: HotrodHarry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

These are my UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod ROMs, I build straight from the official sources and try to change as little as possible to leave it as much like the proper CM as possible. There are official ROMs and you can find the official thread here. The instructions below still apply for the official ROMs though, so check down for installation instructions. The official nightlies available here.

Thanks!

Donations:
    Donations are not mandatory however they are greatly appreciated... :)
    - Me
    - XDA
    - CyanogenMod

Special thanks to:
    - CyanogenMod for making this amazing community and software for us to all use
    - Victator for getting the nightlies up and running through the HAX (the jfltetmo ROMs reworked)
    - Vertigo for his device trees and the additional help he has given me on getting the ROM working, including fixes
    - invisiblek for all his help for CyanogenMod on the jfltexx and being the official maintainer
    - Schrotty35 for his $5 donation!
    - Jonathan de Pass for his $10 donation!
    - Quaaazy for his $20 donation!
    - Thomas Braun for his $20 donation!

Benchmarks (AnTuTu):
    - Stock - 24824
    - CyanogenMod - 26251
    - Google Edition - 26429

Sources:
    - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/
    - https://github.com/HazAnwar/

Kernel:
    Using the CyanogenMod sources kernel!

Changelogs:
    - CyanogenMod
    - jfltexx

Downloads:
    - Google Apps
    - ROMs

Instructions:
    1) Root device (suggest using Chainfire's CF-Root)
    2) Install a custom recovery (I suggest using official from the CWM site) - Use SGS4 Flasher to install it directly onto your phone (you need make sure you have root access). Also note that people are running into problems when running other recoveries so try use the ones stated above for your own sake!

Upgrading from Stock/other ROM?
    3) Reboot into Recovery
    4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5) Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    6) Install CyanogenMod
    7) Install Google Apps
    8) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous build?
    3) Reboot into Recovery
    4) Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (optional but advised)
    5) Install CyanogenMod
    6) Reboot

If you need any help then feel free to ask :)

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies for Galaxy S4, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    HazAnwar
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be prerooted and have custom recovery installed
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-08-13
    Last Updated 2013-11-17
    Those with wifi problems, I need some information.
    First, the first half of your wifi adapter's mac address
    This can be obtained by doing:

Code:
    su
    cat /efs/wifi/.mac.info

I'll also need you to get me the output of:
    Code:
    su
    cat /data/.cid.info

And let me know if your wifi is working currently.

If you've done the: rm /data/.cid.info
    And got your wifi working that, way, please do this for me too and let me know that it is working.

We are going to be building macloader now from codeworkx's code in order to set the .cid.info correclty. What's happening is the wrong firmware is being loaded and our custom macloader will load the correct firmware based on the first half of the mac address.

Hopefully this makes sense. Please PM me though, I may not follow this thread as closely because it's not my main device (SCH-I545 =) )
    This may not be very accurate, just based on what I thought when I used it and what people have reported back...

Not Working:
    - Nothing is broken (?)

Working:
    - Everything else (i.e. WiFi, NFC, Camera, Proximity Sensor, Audio, etc...)
    - IR Blaster (only tested with Smart Remote with root access)
    - ART seems to work fine but some Google processes crash, most apps work fine as well; the only one I found not to run on ART was WhatsApp and apparently they've said they're not going to support it till it's official/out of beta
    Come on now everyone, play nice we're all friends here :p

I'm uploading today's build now. It says 15 minutes so check back in about 20 minutes to download... Enjoy :)
    Okay for anyone flashing the official builds who can be bothered to do this every time you want to flash, navigate to: /META-INF/com/google/android/ in the zip file and then open the updater-script file (do NOT use WordPad as it doesn't save correctly, if you're using Windows use notepad/notepad++ ).

Delete the following lines from it:
    (Line 13)
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p16", "0", "/system");

(Lines 1 - 4)
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflte" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "jfltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jfltexx" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9505" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "i9505" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9505" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9505");

Repack and then it should flash first time. This is long process and most people wont want to do this therefore I will be keeping this thread alive until people stop having issues with it. I am also going to switch device trees from my own to the CyanogenMod Nightlies device tree so the builds should be exactly the same meaning my builds and the official nightlies are going to be pretty much identical however mine will flash correctly :)

EDIT: After looking at the forums I've noticed a lot of people having problems the with the official build i.e. baseband problems therefore I WILL NOT be changing the device trees at the moment - I will change to the CyanogenMod build tree when they fix things up but as for now my builds are working perfectly (no errors installing, WiFi issues, etc...) :)