Thank you Sir, Will I be able to use both sims since I have D858HK?
Yes, both sim work for me. Same limitation that only first sim is 3G/4G/LTE compatible and second sim only supports 2G is there. Also, only one sim at a time can support data (which makes sense anyway). Both my sims are on currently and I've received call and sms from both numbers on Carbon rom. Have not had any problems with using both sims.
I have had a problem with GPS. It's difficult to say whether this is actually due to Carbon ROM or not. I didn't really try to use it when I tried Aroma rom. However, I totally fixed it up last night and it's working spectacularly now! These are the steps I did:
- Rename gps.conf to gps.conf.back (in /system/etc/ - you'll need a root file explorer, I use ES File Explorer, but don't forget to turn on Root Explorer option)
- In your APN (I set it for both sims) that is set up for data/telephone (not sms one), add ",agps" to the APN type. Note: this seemed to help when I installed Carbon rom the first time...but when I reflashed with the newest build, it didn't work. So, continue to #3 if you're still having issues.
- Use FasterGPS and select your Region (Continent) and Country.
- In FasterGPS still, set these advanced options in "Go to advanced settings" near the bottom:
- INTERMEDIATE_POS = 1
- ACCURACY_THRES = 1
- ENABLE_WIPER = 1
- DEFAULT_AGPS = TRUE
- DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE = TRUE
- Install GPS Status & Toolbox. Calibrate compass from the settings menu. Then calibrate pitch and roll. Then select Reset from Manage A-GPS state, followed by Download (you may want to use Airplane mode when doing Reset, then disable Airplane mode before doing Download).
Basically, these steps I aggregated from a variety of other websites. The problem I was having during this build was nothing worked. When I "deleted" (or rather renamed) gps.conf in /system/etc/, then my gps was working. This didn't make me feel good because AGPS wouldn't work then. So, I was looking at how to fix this. Anyway, I did those other steps also and my gps fix is coming very fast now. Before, I was seeing all the satellites, but never receiving the fix. That's how I knew my antenna was working fine and it was a software problem. This isn't specifically a Carbon rom problem, however. It seems to be random but fairly common in Android across many phones (hardware) and many Android versions (software). Hope this helps if anyone runs into GPS problems here!