[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1][All Variants]Carbon ROM for LG G3 [13/12] FINAL LP BUILDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
Man this thread has 28 pages... Do you mean to say that these guys are using it without knowing a thing? :eek:

What do you mean by "a lot of things are missing?" :silly: What custom ROM are you on right now?

Well I'm newbie bro sorry about that.
That's why I'm so confused because all the roms I download weight more than 1 gb. I'm on stock lollipop right now. After I installed an aroma Rom that was 1 gb too

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's why I'm so confused because all the roms I download weight more than 1 gb. I'm on stock lollipop right now. After I installed an aroma Rom that was 1 gb too

You say you are noob and you write this "But the size tell me that a lot of things are missing ????"

What is aroma ROM? If you are talking about this http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-t3226051.. Then read the first word in the ROM title. It is "STOCK+"... That's why the size is huge.

I advise you to read some information about Custom ROMs before commenting or questioning about a them :rolleyes:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Stock ROMs are over 1GB in size because they include support for multiple variants/devices/phones and also include gapps (Google apps) among other things.

Custom (AOSP/CM) ROMs generally support a single device and do not include gapps. That's why you see such a size difference. There is nothing missing from these ROMs.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
Hello,
i use your ROM and 2 times per weeks, i have ramdonly reboots (my phone reboot on boot animation), i must provide for you an logcat or another log file for a fix ?

Thanks.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello,
i use your ROM and 2 times per weeks, i have ramdonly reboots (my phone reboot on boot animation), i must provide for you an logcat or another log file for a fix ?

Thanks.

These were final lolliop builds and the bugs won't be fixed by Carbon anymore.

They have started working on MM. I'll try and build once their source is buildable :fingers-crossed:

flueterflam

Oct 21, 2012
Been using the rom for several months and overall it's great. However, I just got a bluetooth device and am having problems. When turning on bluetooth, phone can never "see" any bluetooth devices. Other devices *can* "see" my phone, however. I can't initiate pairing, because phone doesn't see anything. Any idea how to fix the bluetooth?

I wiped everything and did a fresh install twice. Seems to not be helping. I saw some mention of a bluetooth fix in this thread but copying those xml files over the existing one didn't help either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I installed MM to see whether bluetooth would work fine there and it does. I go back to a new flash of Carbon rom, and same bluetooth problem I mentioned above. Seems to be a Carbon problem and not hardware problem in my case.

Last edited:

MirzaAwais

Feb 20, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Been using the rom for several months and overall it's great. However, I just got a bluetooth device and am having problems. When turning on bluetooth, phone can never "see" any bluetooth devices. Other devices *can* "see" my phone, however. I can't initiate pairing, because phone doesn't see anything. Any idea how to fix the bluetooth?

I wiped everything and did a fresh install twice. Seems to not be helping. I saw some mention of a bluetooth fix in this thread but copying those xml files over the existing one didn't help either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I installed MM to see whether bluetooth would work fine there and it does. I go back to a new flash of Carbon rom, and same bluetooth problem I mentioned above. Seems to be a Carbon problem and not hardware problem in my case.
@nitin.chobhe
Your support is required on it as I am also facing the same issue. Except it all is working well and battery also good and stable after 2 days of using. Best ROM for my device LG D858HK so far.

Also hopping for MM or at least lollipop update with some more tweaks and updates to more improved performance .

Waiting for your support, Best of luck buddy.[emoji2]

Sent from my LG-D856 using XDA-Developers mobile app

flueterflam

Oct 21, 2012
Your support is required on it as I am also facing the same issue. Except it all is working well and battery also good and stable after 2 days of using. Best ROM for my device LG D858HK so far.

Sorry... I never figured out the bluetooth stuff. I ended up getting another device because of it. I needed bluetooth, but having it on my regular phone was just a convenience thing. Anyhow, I'm thinking about using Fulmics rom pretty soon. It doesn't seem like Carbon rom for our phones is being updated lately.

MirzaAwais

Feb 20, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Sorry... I never figured out the bluetooth stuff. I ended up getting another device because of it. I needed bluetooth, but having it on my regular phone was just a convenience thing. Anyhow, I'm thinking about using Fulmics rom pretty soon. It doesn't seem like Carbon rom for our phones is being updated lately.
I think carbon is the best choice for our variant because some was I tried and they have bugs even don't boot first time. Due to BT problems I also should move to good one if I found. Other than BT its best for daily driver. Anyways plz share if you got or have one better ROM. Thanks and good luck[emoji2]

Edit: hey @flueterflam you can flash fulmics as its running so smooth and stable on LG D858HK.

Sent from my LG-D856 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the CyanogenMod and Android Open Source Project.
    XzinYIT.png

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonTEAM GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

CM Theme Engine

Wi-Fi notifications

Audio:
    AudioFX Equalizer
    AOSP & CM Audio features
    Slim Extra features like:
    Camera Shutter sound,
    Screenshot Sound,
    Safe Headset Volume,
    Less frequent notification sounds, etc.
    Volume steps,
    Audio charge notification

Display Options
    Adaptive Brightness
    Daydream
    Ambient Display
    Wake Up on Charge
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Omni Screen Recorder
    Color Calibration
    Expanded desktop

CM Notification manager
    Slim Heads Up Notifications and its features

LockScreen:
    CM shortcuts
    Slim shortcuts
    Weather with custom style

"CarbonFibers" features Menu:

Status Bar
    Slim Clock & Date Options
    Weather
    Battery Options
    (Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Dotted Circle Text or Hidden)
    Mobile & Wifi Network activity icon options
    Network traffic monitor
    Brightness control
    notification count
    notification ticker
    Custom carrier label options

CM custom Navigation Bar tweaked (size/color and other)
    Custom Navigation ring

Interface:
    Toast animations,
    Listview animations,
    System animations,
    Gesture Anywhere,
    App Circle Side Bar

Recents:
    Clear All Button Tweaks
    Hideable Google search bar

Slim PIE

Notification Drawer
    Tile Options (Fully customizable)
    SlimActions Tile
    Quick Setting Options
    Quick & Smart Pulldown
    Colorized Tiles

Power Menu:
    Advanced reboot
    Screenshot
    Screen Record
    Profile Switcher
    Airplane Mode
    User Switcher
    Settings
    Device Lockdown
    Sound Panel

Buttons
    Fully CM customization for hard buttons (tweaked)

Omni Wake lock blocker
    SuperSU - Huge thanks to @Chainfire

Specific Device Control:
    Oneplus One Screen-off gestures

I'm using:
    TWRP custom recovery.

ROM Download
    Download 13/12 d850 Carbon ROM
    Download 13/12 d851 Carbon ROM
    Download 13/12 d852 Carbon ROM
    Download 12/12 d855 Carbon ROM
    Download 13/12 d856/d858hk Carbon ROM
    Download 13/12 ls990 Carbon ROM
    Download 13/12 vs985 Carbon ROM

GAPPS
    Use any 5.1.1 gapps

Sources
    CARBON ROM github

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device or at something/someone else related.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1]CarbonRom for LG G3 (All variants), ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    nitin.chobhe
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-11-14
    Last Updated 2015-12-13
    New builds (probably final lollipop builds) are coming guys :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
    d855 users, please test this new version: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087006242

And let me know if it works :)

MM build?

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, I'll do the mm builds
    1. If these devices are not officially supported by carbon
    2. Once the source is buildable and
    3. You guys are ready for testing ;)