[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1][CM 12.1] - CyanogenMod 12.1 - port for Ulefone Paris [BETA]

Search This thread

Paradise12314

Mar 7, 2016
I like the work you are doing cuvetto. It really helps to unlock the potential of a Locked-down brand like Ulefone. Someone should really try porting the Elephone P8000 kernel though. Should just be a matter of selecting the correct drivers in menuconfig. There is already a p8000_defconfig to start with. I would try, but I have a lack of experience at the moment.

cuvetto

Nov 12, 2012
Palermo
@cuvetto This is a first release ? Will you update ?

I hope to update this ROM....I'm waiting the feedback of this ROM and the list of the bugs.
I'm also waiting some other users my old friends of build, in order to improve this ROM....but I would be happier if other owner of this smartphone will help me.....

Inviato dal mio Paris con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cdmaster2k

Vector59

Jan 1, 2014
Lille
:D Who is the "smartphone owner" you said in post #24 ?
For me, i flash your modded rom, now i flash Cyanogenmod, but it contain lot of bugs, but i keep cyanogenmod because i waiting to long to flash it x)

cuvetto

Nov 12, 2012
Palermo
:D Who is the "smartphone owner" you said in post #24 ?
For me, i flash your modded rom, now i flash Cyanogenmod, but it contain lot of bugs, but i keep cyanogenmod because i waiting to long to flash it x)

My mistake....I wanna tell "others owners of ulefone paris" like me... I'm sorry for my poor english

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
OK,took another stab at this,I did a totally fresh install of this ROM,made sure I wiped what I had to, (including system) reinstalled the ROM(and root) ROM seems to respond better now(more ram?)still can't move apps to SDcard in settings,but I fixed the problem with the OTG by installing USB OTG helper from play store.I can now use flash drives etc,the external USB storage is still not being detected in storage,but its a start.I did some reading that some early cm12.1 ROMS have SD card problems even the stock version of the elephone p6000(which this CM ROM is based on)(and yes,I did use SD card fix, but it says I can move apps to SD card?)i looked in external storage via es note reader but it looks OK. hopefully when there is another update the SD card problem can be fixed. cheers for the ROM.

Sent from my Paris using XDA-Developers mobile app

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
OK,took another stab at this,I did a totally fresh install of this ROM,made sure I wiped what I had to, (including system) reinstalled the ROM(and root) ROM seems to respond better now(more ram?)still can't move apps to SDcard in settings,but I fixed the problem with the OTG by installing USB OTG helper from play store.I can now use flash drives etc,the external USB storage is still not being detected in storage,but its a start.I did some reading that some early cm12.1 ROMS have SD card problems even the stock version of the elephone p6000(which this CM ROM is based on)(and yes,I did use SD card fix, but it says I can move apps to SD card?)i looked in external storage via es note reader but it looks OK. hopefully when there is another update the SD card problem can be fixed. cheers for the ROM.

Hi
I'm using App2SD and it works fine to me on CM 12.1
I did'nt have any error in my apps till now.
Great job you did Cuvetto.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
As you can see,I can't move any app to sd card,I guess I will try to re partition my SD external card again, like I tried to do when installed this ROM the first time and my external SD card is 128gb.
39a89e375b6360bd76fc16b558167c5c.jpg
3680bf357f40403b99afb24c310f7767.jpg

Last edited:

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
I now know why I can't move apps to SD.I tried three different SD cards and got the same answer, in the stock ROM, I can move apps.I think the answer is the phone thinks the phone storage is the external SD card here is a screenshot of a message I get from a move to SD app.
23f650d6bb00820ece0c1e2e6cfdc1d9.jpg

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
Sorry,had to roll back to stock ROM as the problems with SD card storage was to much(kept saying my sd card was full but the SD card is 128gb,and so couldn't move apps to SD card,reformatted SD card and used another card but not joy)even tried to partiton SD card in twrp but kept saying failed. and otg did not work.also alarm clock settings were lost when i rebooted the phone.but calls, texts and emails worked.as I said in my earlier post,I know its a port from the elephone p6000,so I knew there would some bugs but at least cm12.1 can be put on this phone.

Sam, do you know that Ulefone Paris only supports 64 GB SD card?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
It can support up to a 128gb SD card, it works quite fine on the stock ROM.only on the cm12.1 ROM that it won't let me transfer apps to SD(in settings) esfile manager see's it, and storage (again settings)sees it.what I've done in the end was i put the sd card in another phone,when that phone went in to recovery i partitioned it.some early cm12.1 ROMs had the same problem.

Reactions: caobe

CallmeTunde

Jan 23, 2015
Any word on when an update will be released yet? (I'm really enjoying this ROM but the bugs and glitches are what's keeping me form making this my daily driver....)

cuvetto

Nov 12, 2012
Palermo
I'm sorry, but I don't have much time ti solve the bugs...
I post the ROM and ask help to somebody, but noone answered me....I'm alone on this work....and I can't go on.....

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@cuvetto what help do you need? On the porting side of things I'm hopeless, but as a tester I'm here to help.im using this rom every day. and even the bugs(for me with the app to SD bug and otg) I fixed on my phone by using link2sd and otg helper.on the plus side the battery drain is just a crawl now with this ROM,(with the stock ROM my phone would die within a few hours) I see there is a update on needrom for the elephone p6000 pro cm12.1 ROM(which this port is based on.)so I if you need a tester I'm here to help.don't give up mate.and maybe it is time I learn about porting...I need to start reading up!

Last edited:
Reactions: caobe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1(LP), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod, is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Ulefone Paris, porting from Elephone:
    I suggest don't use it for daily...I post it only for test....I consider it like a beta version, so I don't want responsability if something don't work so good.

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - RIL
    - Camera (only back camera)
    - SD Card
    - All other basic functionalities ( Basic apps seem to be working )
    - You say more !

Not working (yet):
    - Front camera
    - Flashlight (work only on camera, but not work if you install a torch, or use the command on curtain menu. If you switch on, it switch off after a few seconds)
    - Freeze screen after awakening (sometimes)
    - Radio Fm
    - Sensor of hall (clock with flip cover)

Download:

Latest ROM CM12.1 2016.03.26:
    CM12.1 FOR PARIS

Recovery for CM12.1 Installing:
    TWRP

Root for CM12.1:
    ROOT

How to install:
    Just install it via TWRP recovery.
    Flash TWRP recovery in SP Flashtool (if you come from official firmware).
    Download, ROM and Root (optional) that is above:
    Copy ROM and Root on SD card.
    Enter in recovery.
    Go to "Wipe" and select "format data", "factory reset" and (on "advanced wipe"), select "Dalvik cache, System and cache" and wipe it!!
    Enter in "Install" and flash the ROM.
    Wait ~ 5 minutes
    Move back, go to install and Flash Root.
    Reboot, and wait. First boot ~ 5 min.
    You will not need gapps, because on the ROM is integrated the PlayStore. If you want to use other Google services, you can download directly from market, after first boot.

Thanks to:
    @BlueFlame4
    @complicazio
    @frontix
    @caobe

Appendix:
    Please, don't mirror the files, please respect my work and give proper credits. Also please contribute to the project, so we can all enjoy CM on our Ulefone Paris!

Screenshots:
    24mrmft.png
    jtx9oz.png
    sxbzbn.png

be7lfn.png
    24zamhl.png
    35bt5ro.png
    @cuvetto This is a first release ? Will you update ?

I hope to update this ROM....I'm waiting the feedback of this ROM and the list of the bugs.
    I'm also waiting some other users my old friends of build, in order to improve this ROM....but I would be happier if other owner of this smartphone will help me.....

@cuvetto You have Ulefone Paris, or it's a beta tester to help you?

Of course, I have ulefone Paris and until now everything I made, I test on myself....I flash my smartphone 4-5 times a day.... :)

It can support up to a 128gb SD card, it works quite fine on the stock ROM.only on the cm12.1 ROM that it won't let me transfer apps to SD(in settings) esfile manager see's it, and storage (again settings)sees it.what I've done in the end was i put the sd card in another phone,when that phone went in to recovery i partitioned it.some early cm12.1 ROMs had the same problem.

@cuvetto what help do you need? On the porting side of things I'm hopeless, but as a tester I'm here to help.im using this rom every day. and even the bugs(for me with the app to SD bug and otg) I fixed on my phone by using link2sd and otg helper.on the plus side the battery drain is just a crawl now with this ROM,(with the stock ROM my phone would die within a few hours) I see there is a update on needrom for the elephone p6000 pro cm12.1 ROM(which this port is based on.)so I if you need a tester I'm here to help.don't give up mate.and maybe it is time I learn about porting...I need to start reading up!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone