[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1][CM 12.1] - CyanogenMod 12.1 - port for Ulefone Paris [BETA]

Search This thread

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@sam tyler

Do you think it would be possible to extract the camera drivers/api from vibeui into cyanogenmod?
Due to the fact that the cameras work in vibeui and not in cyanogen.
I couldn't tell you,if look at my last post on this thread I asked covetto how he ported this ROM to this phone but I never got a reply.maybe someone on one of those MTK porting threads could help you,sorry.

Sent from my Paris using XDA-Developers mobile app

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
@sam tyler

Do you think it would be possible to extract the camera drivers/api from vibeui into cyanogenmod?
Due to the fact that the cameras work in vibeui and not in cyanogen.
Maybe we have some chance to do that but I don't know... :(

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

@Covetto can you give me any info in to how you ported this ROM to the Paris? as there are so many threads on XDA for porting ROM's or even what thread you used on here,thanks.
What do you mean?
Just flash TWRP via SP Flash Tool.
Put CM 12.1 on sdcard and reboot to TWRP.
Wipe data and install CM zip file from sdcard and viola,you have Cyanogenmod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1(LP), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod, is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Ulefone Paris, porting from Elephone:
    I suggest don't use it for daily...I post it only for test....I consider it like a beta version, so I don't want responsability if something don't work so good.

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - RIL
    - Camera (only back camera)
    - SD Card
    - All other basic functionalities ( Basic apps seem to be working )
    - You say more !

Not working (yet):
    - Front camera
    - Flashlight (work only on camera, but not work if you install a torch, or use the command on curtain menu. If you switch on, it switch off after a few seconds)
    - Freeze screen after awakening (sometimes)
    - Radio Fm
    - Sensor of hall (clock with flip cover)

Download:

Latest ROM CM12.1 2016.03.26:
    CM12.1 FOR PARIS

Recovery for CM12.1 Installing:
    TWRP

Root for CM12.1:
    ROOT

How to install:
    Just install it via TWRP recovery.
    Flash TWRP recovery in SP Flashtool (if you come from official firmware).
    Download, ROM and Root (optional) that is above:
    Copy ROM and Root on SD card.
    Enter in recovery.
    Go to "Wipe" and select "format data", "factory reset" and (on "advanced wipe"), select "Dalvik cache, System and cache" and wipe it!!
    Enter in "Install" and flash the ROM.
    Wait ~ 5 minutes
    Move back, go to install and Flash Root.
    Reboot, and wait. First boot ~ 5 min.
    You will not need gapps, because on the ROM is integrated the PlayStore. If you want to use other Google services, you can download directly from market, after first boot.

Thanks to:
    @BlueFlame4
    @complicazio
    @frontix
    @caobe

Appendix:
    Please, don't mirror the files, please respect my work and give proper credits. Also please contribute to the project, so we can all enjoy CM on our Ulefone Paris!

Screenshots:
    24mrmft.png
    jtx9oz.png
    sxbzbn.png

be7lfn.png
    24zamhl.png
    35bt5ro.png
    @cuvetto This is a first release ? Will you update ?

I hope to update this ROM....I'm waiting the feedback of this ROM and the list of the bugs.
    I'm also waiting some other users my old friends of build, in order to improve this ROM....but I would be happier if other owner of this smartphone will help me.....

Inviato dal mio Paris con Tapatalk 2
    @cuvetto You have Ulefone Paris, or it's a beta tester to help you?

Of course, I have ulefone Paris and until now everything I made, I test on myself....I flash my smartphone 4-5 times a day.... :)

Inviato dal mio Paris con Tapatalk 2
    It can support up to a 128gb SD card, it works quite fine on the stock ROM.only on the cm12.1 ROM that it won't let me transfer apps to SD(in settings) esfile manager see's it, and storage (again settings)sees it.what I've done in the end was i put the sd card in another phone,when that phone went in to recovery i partitioned it.some early cm12.1 ROMs had the same problem.

@cuvetto what help do you need? On the porting side of things I'm hopeless, but as a tester I'm here to help.im using this rom every day. and even the bugs(for me with the app to SD bug and otg) I fixed on my phone by using link2sd and otg helper.on the plus side the battery drain is just a crawl now with this ROM,(with the stock ROM my phone would die within a few hours) I see there is a update on needrom for the elephone p6000 pro cm12.1 ROM(which this port is based on.)so I if you need a tester I'm here to help.don't give up mate.and maybe it is time I learn about porting...I need to start reading up!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone