[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [5.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for SM-N910F (trltexx), SM-N910G (trltedt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
As someone asked I'm opening this thread mostly for reference and for making the ROM visible, for questions and, why not, future updates ;)

I'm not a developer, I'm just an Android enthusiast compiling from source.
Big thanks to our maintainers @gekkehenkie11 and @slayher, without all their work we wouldn't have any version of CyanogenMod on our Note 4s
:good:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Here you go!
That's my personal CyanogenMod build based on latest CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) code, from the 'cm-12.1' branch.
Everything is working (apparently) fine, just make sure to do a full wipe before flashing and, of course, using a 5.1 Gapps package.
I'll try providing regular updates till the official nightlies switch to the new branch.
Please report bugs and impressions about the ROM, it can be useful for other users interested in this ROM too.

#Download#​
Ok guys, official builds are now compiled every day by Jenkins, so my job ends here :)
Download folder with all the official nightlies
***​
Latest version: *17/04/2015*
Link to the folder with the ROM and MD5 checksum (download and put in the same folder as the ROM and recovery will check package integrity before flashing).
NOTE: LATEST RELEASE IS NOW ON MEGA:
Download folder on MEGA (mega.co.nz)
THIS IS THE FOLDER WHERE I USED TO PUBLISH BEFORE:
Download folder on Dev-Host (d-h.st)

By the way, I use these Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2997368
Obviously you can use the Gapps from the Gapps provider you prefer, with the only restriction they need to be SPECIFICALLY for 5.1 (really, they changed the position of a few packages with the upgrade from 5.0.x so there's need of new scripts, or you'll break most apps).

#Changelog#
Personal changelog (changes made by me or I think are relevant) relative to latest version available for download:
Code:
17/04/2015
- [STRIKE]Camera is completely fixed[/STRIKE] sadly not :'(
15/04/2015
- Various cool commits
- We're now on Android 5.1.0_r5 (LMY47O)
11/04/2015
Just another update :)
- Camera looks less crashy (still happening when it doesn't want to work)
9/04/2015
Various stuff updated in the code
6/04/2015
- Flashlight toggle in QuickSettings not working: fixed!
- Cannot import contacts from local storage: fixed!
- Various Qualcomm specific commits
- Looks smoother and snappier doing various operations
4/04/2015
[COLOR="Red"]- Switched all device specific sources to the new cm-12.1 branches![/COLOR]
3/04/2015
No noticeable changes
2/04/2015
Initial release (only available on MEGA)
Here you can find CyanogenMod changelog (changes to source code pushed by developers):
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.1,n,z

#Flashing#
- Full wipe (system, cache, data, dalvik cache)
- Flash the ROM package
- Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
- Reboot and enjoy!

#Updating#
If you're coming from a previous build of cm-12.1:
- Caches wipe (cache & dalvik cache)
- Flash the ROM package
- (facoltative, depending if you previously installed Gapps and they had backup script) Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
- Reboot and enjoy!
If you're coming from cm-12.0 or even cm-11.0 you can try to do a dirty flash (not sure if it will work, CyanogenMod stated it's possible, anyway do a backup before trying!):
- Caches wipe + system wipe (cache, dalvik cache, system)
- Flash the ROM package
- (make sure you wiped system and downloaded new Gapps) Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
- Reboot and enjoy!

Last edited:

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
#Known bugs#
- Camera sometimes stop working and shows "Can't connect to camera"
- Compass not working in Google Maps
- Flashlight toggle in QuickSettings not working
- Can't import contacts from local storage
- Can't restore SMS/MMS from backups
+ Almost all the bugs the official nightlies have

#FAQs#
- "Can I install this on..."
No! It works just for SM-N910F and SM-N910G, installing this on anything else will bootloop or even worse.
- "Why does *a Google app name follows* FCs in background?"
CyanogenMod 12.1 is still quite unstable, hopefully we will get these Play Services bound apps fixed soon :)

Last edited:

realhopedied

Feb 16, 2015
Changes from 12.0 to 12.1

Can u give us the most noticeable changes please :)
-Kinda find it faster when opening the recent apps.
-The Bluetooth and Wifi shortcut from the notification bar is new.
-Some animations.
But everything else seems normal.

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
As I said there are no changes in CyanogenMod features, all the changes you see are related to the platform switch, just searching on Google "Android 5.1 changes" will answer your question.

Reactions: Ogy77

alexxutzu

May 19, 2012
Bucharest

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 1,012
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As someone asked I'm opening this thread mostly for reference and for making the ROM visible, for questions and, why not, future updates ;)

I'm not a developer, I'm just an Android enthusiast compiling from source.
    Big thanks to our maintainers @gekkehenkie11 and @slayher, without all their work we wouldn't have any version of CyanogenMod on our Note 4s
    :good:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Here you go!
    That's my personal CyanogenMod build based on latest CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) code, from the 'cm-12.1' branch.
    Everything is working (apparently) fine, just make sure to do a full wipe before flashing and, of course, using a 5.1 Gapps package.
    I'll try providing regular updates till the official nightlies switch to the new branch.
    Please report bugs and impressions about the ROM, it can be useful for other users interested in this ROM too.

#Download#​
    Ok guys, official builds are now compiled every day by Jenkins, so my job ends here :)
    Download folder with all the official nightlies
    ***​
    Latest version: *17/04/2015*
    Link to the folder with the ROM and MD5 checksum (download and put in the same folder as the ROM and recovery will check package integrity before flashing).
    NOTE: LATEST RELEASE IS NOW ON MEGA:
    Download folder on MEGA (mega.co.nz)
    THIS IS THE FOLDER WHERE I USED TO PUBLISH BEFORE:
    Download folder on Dev-Host (d-h.st)

By the way, I use these Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2997368
    Obviously you can use the Gapps from the Gapps provider you prefer, with the only restriction they need to be SPECIFICALLY for 5.1 (really, they changed the position of a few packages with the upgrade from 5.0.x so there's need of new scripts, or you'll break most apps).

#Changelog#
    Personal changelog (changes made by me or I think are relevant) relative to latest version available for download:
    Code:
    17/04/2015
    - [STRIKE]Camera is completely fixed[/STRIKE] sadly not :'(
    15/04/2015
    - Various cool commits
    - We're now on Android 5.1.0_r5 (LMY47O)
    11/04/2015
    Just another update :)
    - Camera looks less crashy (still happening when it doesn't want to work)
    9/04/2015
    Various stuff updated in the code
    6/04/2015
    - Flashlight toggle in QuickSettings not working: fixed!
    - Cannot import contacts from local storage: fixed!
    - Various Qualcomm specific commits
    - Looks smoother and snappier doing various operations
    4/04/2015
    [COLOR="Red"]- Switched all device specific sources to the new cm-12.1 branches![/COLOR]
    3/04/2015
    No noticeable changes
    2/04/2015
    Initial release (only available on MEGA)
    Here you can find CyanogenMod changelog (changes to source code pushed by developers):
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.1,n,z

#Flashing#
    - Full wipe (system, cache, data, dalvik cache)
    - Flash the ROM package
    - Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
    - Reboot and enjoy!

#Updating#
    If you're coming from a previous build of cm-12.1:
    - Caches wipe (cache & dalvik cache)
    - Flash the ROM package
    - (facoltative, depending if you previously installed Gapps and they had backup script) Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
    - Reboot and enjoy!
    If you're coming from cm-12.0 or even cm-11.0 you can try to do a dirty flash (not sure if it will work, CyanogenMod stated it's possible, anyway do a backup before trying!):
    - Caches wipe + system wipe (cache, dalvik cache, system)
    - Flash the ROM package
    - (make sure you wiped system and downloaded new Gapps) Flash the Gapps for Android 5.1 package(s)
    - Reboot and enjoy!
    I'm uploading the new release based on Android 5.1.0_r5 (LMY47O) right now [emoji14]
    OK it's up.
    Nice wil you upload a new build? @kylothow
    Sure, later.

A good news for everyone: probably in the next 24h we'll get the OFFICIAL nightlies. Yay!

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Uploading new release, this time on MEGA because I'm experiencing problems uploading on d-h.st from my phone.
    Link in OP as soon as I can post it.

OK, posted. Enjoy :)

So we are updated like CM12.. Nice job @kylothow. We need to find why this camera bug, and if you can push the new kernel.. If you need help or tester just ask.
    I'm using CyanogenMod sources since the first release, so yes we are :)
    About the camera bug, looks like aukhan is here to help.
    The kernel will surely be merged soon by maintainers, no need to put more people to work on the same thing, specially if one of them is someone who never done this kind of things before (me).

@kylothow Could you please let me know if you've compiled this with 5.1 R-5 ?? I had already posted this on Original Development thread.

Dont take me wrong I am not here to question just that we can merge and have 1 thread for cm12.1.

BTW camera is fixed on the R-5 just need to wipe cache and dalvik cache after flashing rom and Gapps or anything else you flash on Recovery.

Latest build in OP is built on 15th so yes, it's based on Android 5.1.0_r5.
    Saying "I had already posted...", well, it sounds like I posted after you ;)
    Anyway it's strange, I full wiped (really, wiped everything) before flashing the build in OP but I'm still experiencing that bug very often (camera works once out of 50 times I open it). While syncing I don't get any error so sources should be correctly synced... I'm using, as I stated, only CyanogenMod sources on cm-12.1 branch (not the staging one) plus TheMuppets for proprietary Samsung files.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone