Ampang

DISCLAIMER
Code:
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
DOWNLOADS

ROM - 02/27/2015
Recovery

OLD (5.1.1)

ROM - 11/18/2015
TWRP (for Updated TA)
boot.img with TWRP

BUGS
  • Buggy camera
  • Test and report back

SOURCE CODE
Kernel
Device Tree
Rhine Board Tree

CREDIT
erikcas - Developing and building this ROM
jerpelea
OmniROM Dev team
FXP Dev team
etc

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
zhuoyang, erikcas
Source Code: https://github.com/erikcas?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2015-11-20
Last Updated 2016-02-28

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
beware, the camera is an (partly) opensource development preview solution.
That is the "bad" news.

The good news is that we never had an opensource solution before this. Except a hacky closed source solution.

It can only get better from here ;)
Guys. Your TWRP won't have brightness control, which results in overheating. You need to change max brightness from 4095 to 255 in rhine omniboardconfig. This was merged by Slimroms in August...

erikcas

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 16, 2008
Castricum
android.cas-online.nl
Guys. Your TWRP won't have brightness control, which results in overheating. You need to change max brightness from 4095 to 255 in rhine omniboardconfig. This was merged by Slimroms in August...
Thanx for reporting. I have no ability to test on honami, I will make this device specific instead of platform specific.

edit: see here and here
Thanx again

Last edited:
Reactions: abbychauhan

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
android.cas-online.nl
The brightness value is the same for all rhine devices...

By the way: Does Omnirom have Layers?
tested 255 earlier on amami a while ago as I read about this issue before. And that was no good. I couldn't see anything on my screen in daylight. Besides from that, I have no heating issues in twrp. I.e. I leave twrp asap always, as I hate to carry around a device in recovery mode all day. It drops too many functionalities for my phone I use it for, like mobile networking.
So, as I am in twrp for not more then 5 minutes I think it is impossible for it to overheat. And I think the auto dimming of the screen after a minute of inactivity also prevents overheating

can you be specific about layers, it can mean multiple things. And I remember you asking this somewhere else before

edit ph***, the brightness remark made me review my notes :p I have to retest that on amami, it maybe a case of a screwup with yukon M2 here. Anyway, good to bring this to attention

Last edited:
Reactions: abbychauhan

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
tested 255 earlier on amami a while ago as I read about this issue before. And that was no good. I couldn't see anything on my screen in daylight. Besides from that, I have no heating issues in twrp. I.e. I leave twrp asap always, as I hate to carry around a device in recovery mode all day. It drops too many functionalities for my phone I use it for, like mobile networking.
So, as I am in twrp for not more then 5 minutes I think it is impossible for it to overheat. And I think the auto dimming of the screen after a minute of inactivity also prevents overheating

can you be specific about layers, it can mean multiple things. And I remember you asking this somewhere else before
Layers as a theme engine. If I asked before, I would know the answer. :)

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
android.cas-online.nl

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014
Just flashed and started Manual camera compatibility test app from playstore,and it showed that our device now supports all manual settings,even raw support.

caki25

Oct 16, 2008
Kosice
Had it flashed, it felt awesomely smooth, fast s hell, booted in a few seconds... Camera was a said in op.. I just lost root and recovery so had to reflash kernel with recovery... Otherwise hell of a job with the ROM... :) thank you ;)

LSD DREAMER

Feb 17, 2012
East London
Had it flashed, it felt awesomely smooth, fast s hell, booted in a few seconds... Camera was a said in op.. I just lost root and recovery so had to reflash kernel with recovery... Otherwise hell of a job with the ROM... :) thank you ;)
I'm hot booting recovery at the moment. What kernel did you use . I don't want a 3.4 kernel again .

Rashr. Is pushing recovery to fota partition but ROM/kernel does not seem able to use it .

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Another 3.10 kernel that doesn't seem to work with my device. I must mention that I have an aftermarket display. It would be great if the ROM had a recovery, so that I could post the last kmesg. @erikcas

caki25

Oct 16, 2008
Kosice
I'm hot booting recovery at the moment. What kernel did you use . I don't want a 3.4 kernel again .

Rashr. Is pushing recovery to fota partition but ROM/kernel does not seem able to use it .
I changed the kernel to get restore a backup... :) But I will definitely try again later. Agreed with the recovery, I tried optimumpro's fota recovery, but was not able to boot into it.

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
android.cas-online.nl
Another 3.10 kernel that doesn't seem to work with my device. I must mention that I have an aftermarket display. It would be great if the ROM had a recovery, so that I could post the last kmesg. @erikcas
Can you upload a dmesg from stock?
As early as possible from boot.
If you have an aftermarket display that works on stock, the display has to be defined in the stock kernel to. I need to see how it is inited on stock rom. If it is I will find it and make it work (oops.. no guaranty offcourse, but will do my outmost)

edit: recovery will be up in 20 minutes in this post
edit 2: download honami TWRP here (should be working, but not able to test...)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: drakonizer

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
android.cas-online.nl

the kernel has not compiled the recovery "incompiled". I use updated TA partition for opendevices which allows a permanent recovery to be flashed to a "real" recovery partition, which you can enter (after updating TA and flash recovery) by powerup device by <voldown> + <power> keys at the same time when device is turned off.

SuperLamic

Oct 24, 2011
Prague
wow really good rom. Just a few things:

- green videos were even on 5.1? I thought that it was caused by 6.0. Never mind, can you use new adreno binaries in next build (maybe there are some for 5.1, but it's worth try https://github.com/alviteri/vendor-sony-blobs/commit/11f24412c2e3b4b5531f2fa061fc2a0576933d2a )? Now I'm trying to push them to my phone and I'll see if it fix that
- some graphics glitches were present after first boot but they're gone, so I don't mind it
- camera is "somehow" working, but as OP mentions it isn't usable and it making weird sound on camera init (I should better not use the camera, I don't want to break it :D )
- superb freq scaling - my phone heats I think even less then on tweaked stock :)

edit: Also I used nut's ramdisk recovery and it's working :) link: http://nut.xperia-files.com/?ql=89140980648c1ad31bad3aa52f38245a2ef3c5a7
edit2: okay, do not flash this, in recovery there is no screen, it just vibrates and I can't restart my phone even with red button. (I have to wait till it die :D )

OK, @erikcas thank you :)

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Can you upload a dmesg from stock?
As early as possible from boot.
If you have an aftermarket display that works on stock, the display has to be defined in the stock kernel to. I need to see how it is inited on stock rom. If it is I will find it and make it work (oops.. no guaranty offcourse, but will do my outmost)

edit: recovery will be up in 20 minutes in this post
edit 2: download honami TWRP here (should be working, but not able to test...)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk
THANK YOU!
I will post the dmesg as soon as possible.
As for the recovery, will it work in this ROM if I flash it to FOTA partition? I have a C6902 so there is no way I can get the updated bootloader for using an actual recovery partition

EDIT: dmesg attached. The adb shell command resulted in 0kb logs so I had to use Syslog, so that might have resulted in a few seconds of delay in capturing the log. Hope it helps!

Attachments

Last edited: