• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for Elephone Trunk

Search This thread

siljaer

Jun 12, 2016
Distopia
Hi guyz,
dunno if can help/inspire, but here's Nougat sources for MSM8916 devices:
https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/android-msm-seed-3.10-nougat

(note: at VF-895N - a device based on same chipset - community are working on CM13 too, a collaboration may could help both: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1255937 )

Nougat for elephone trunk is already here: if you're eager to try it, you can use Mokee for Ark Peach. I have also tried to compile the sources with the small changes (partitions sizes) needed for the trunk: it works. It's only 32 bits, though, and I have tried it only for a few minutes.

siljaer

Jun 12, 2016
Distopia
Hello @ottmi,

I have a technical question for you:

we have several popular roms supporting either Benefit A3 or Android One (seed) aka Wileyfox Swift.

Problem is, the A3's vendor files are 32 bits only, while seed's vendor files are lacking the camera's blobs (maybe something more, but I am not sure).

Would it be possible to use the 64 bits seed's vendor files and the 32bits camera's blobs to compile a 64 bits rom?

Thank you!

Reactions: marcachas

josoft86

Mar 9, 2015
Reggio di Calabria
I am using it since the first version of "aicp_peach_n-12.1-NIGHTLY-20161222" with no problem including the OTA updates, wanting daily. Tuttio this previously announced on 24.12.2016 with no response from anyone. Although fast 32bit reliable and trouble and wanting us would be the basis for the 64bit if someone is in the ability to do so as ottmi.

ottmi

Mar 3, 2016
Munich
Hello @ottmi,

I have a technical question for you:

we have several popular roms supporting either Benefit A3 or Android One (seed) aka Wileyfox Swift.

Problem is, the A3's vendor files are 32 bits only, while seed's vendor files are lacking the camera's blobs (maybe something more, but I am not sure).

Would it be possible to use the 64 bits seed's vendor files and the 32bits camera's blobs to compile a 64 bits rom?
Thank you!
Since when is Android for Seed 64bit? At least the stock ROM - which is the one you want to pick the vendor blobs from - was 32bit last time I checked (I think it was the 7.0 release).

Anyway, the camera daemon for Qualcomm is 32bit regardless whether the rest of the ROM is 32bit or 64bit. So you can easily use the 32bit camera blobs in a 64bit ROM. But be aware that there are more differences between Seed and A3/Trunk like sensors, touch screen, etc.

siljaer

Jun 12, 2016
Distopia
Since when is Android for Seed 64bit? At least the stock ROM - which is the one you want to pick the vendor blobs from - was 32bit last time I checked (I think it was the 7.0 release).

Anyway, the camera daemon for Qualcomm is 32bit regardless whether the rest of the ROM is 32bit or 64bit. So you can easily use the 32bit camera blobs in a 64bit ROM. But be aware that there are more differences between Seed and A3/Trunk like sensors, touch screen, etc.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, seed blobs are only 32 bits, but swift blobs are 64bits, and it looks like there are blobs for N7.1/CM14.1. Yes, I am aware of the differences, but most of them don't require blobs, AFAIK...

josoft86

Mar 9, 2015
Reggio di Calabria
Sorry for the delay. Yes, seed blobs are only 32 bits, but swift blobs are 64bits, and it looks like there are blobs for N7.1/CM14.1. Yes, I am aware of the differences, but most of them don't require blobs, AFAIK...
@siljaerjaer I wanted to know if you pulled out some rom N7.1 / CM14.1. for 64-bit or you know something about. I am currently using with great satisfaction the Roma "RR-N-v5.8.0-20170115-peach.zip" unfortunately it to 32 bits. From @ottmi we have no news although I have seen that is working on developing a CM14.1. If you have news you make a whistle. Thanks for your work: :cool::cool:

Last edited:

siljaer

Jun 12, 2016
Distopia
@siljaerjaer I wanted to know if you pulled out some rom N7.1 / CM14.1. for 64-bit or you know something about. I am currently using with great satisfaction the Roma "RR-N-v5.8.0-20170115-peach.zip" unfortunately it to 32 bits. From @ottmi we have no news although I have seen that is working on developing a CM14.1. If you have news you make a whistle. Thanks for your work: :cool::cool:

I am currently playing with an Omnirom (AOSP 7.1 based) with CAF kernel (with trunk parts borrowed from @ottmi), 64 bits. It boots with binary blobs from the Wileyfox Swift, but it has many problems I am trying to solve. You can also compile a 32 bits version using the seed tree and binaries with minimal changes ( @ottmi's, as per usual) and it works much better, apart from camera, which is still a problem for seed too.
I have also compiled LineageOS and it works with the same binary blobs and tree by @ottmi, but I did not test it thoroughly.

All in all, I think that the CM13 still mantained by @ottmi (he released an update a few days ago) is still the best choice for a stable rom, though. I am playing with some roms more for experimenting than for producing anything useful. However, I can say two things that can be of some interest for you:

- it is feasible to compile and boot a 64bits version of a rom based on nougat

- the blobs are available: you can use Swift's. You only need to add the blobs for the camera.

Stability and features are a different matter, though. And @ottmi has managed to produce the most feature rich and polished rom available to date.

Last edited:

ottmi

Mar 3, 2016
Munich
It has been some time since my last post. @siljaer already mentioned that there was an update to the CM13.1 ROM end of January. Active development on the CM13 ROM has now ceased as I will concentrate on my new LineageOS 14.1 ROM. However, there will be occasional updates to the CM13 ROM via my OTA server to reflect upstream changes (mostly Android security fixes). I think the ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver for the time being.

That being said, develeopment and discussion on my new LineageOS 14.1 ROM continues here, there's already a first build available:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-elephone-trunk-t3554011

saboy1976

Jan 4, 2014
J'ai ottmi, i dont know if anyone else notice a bug with FM Radio, but when i plug my earphone FM Radio crashes. I think i'm gonna to try LineageOS 14.1 ROM. Thank you very much for your excellent work. Thank to you my phone IS forever young.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is a genuine CM13 build from source for the Elephone Trunk. It's based on mdeejay's Ark Benefit code with modifications by @BlueFlame4 and @hisname. The source code is available on GitHub.

Working:
    • Phone
    • Mobile data in dual-sim configuration
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio

Known Bugs:
    • Torch tile in the status bar is not available
    • Haptic feedback on soft buttons

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM13 for Elephone Trunk, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    ottmi, siljaer
    Source Code: https://github.com/ottmi/android_device_elephone_trunk

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20160902
    Beta Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-06-07
    Last Updated 2016-09-02
    New ROM is up: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19864

It now hopefully includes a working thermal-engine that should fix the overheating problems. Also, I brought back the audio_effects.conf that should enable echo cancellation also for VoIP calls.
    I've updated the kernel to reflect the latest changes upstream, including patches against the QuadRooter vulnerabilities. However, the QuadRooter scanner by Check Point still shows the phone as vulnerable to CVE-2016-5340 which is odd since the new kernel includes Code Aurora's patches (see https://www.codeaurora.org/invalid-path-check-ashmem-memory-file-cve-2016-5340). So maybe the patch doesn't fix it properly or the app is buggy. There are similar reports for other phones as well.

I've also uploaded my own build of TWRP 3.0.2 that should fix the issues with the realtime clock. I was able to do a backup with it and also flash the new ROM but apart from that I haven't tested it much. So use at your own risk. But then again, this applies to everything I upload here :)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19861
    I've just uploader a new ROM:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=20162

It includes the patched kernel that hopefully fixes the sdcard problems as well the fix for the previous ROM that corrects the thermal-engine and audio effects. Apart from that, I've now switched to the Wileyfox blobs for everything but the camera and tweaked the auto-brightness a bit more. I think it's much better now (at least for me ;)). Also, I've setup my own server for OTA updates - so from now on you can conveniently update from your phone.
    Okay, it worked with Gapps Pico - thanks a lot! I installed all the other Google apps from the Playstore :)
    Quick heads-up on the next build:
    any space issues with the system partition will be solved. Turns out that the actual partition is 1.8GB but I'm using only 1GB for the filesystem. So the next build will have 800M of extra space - that should be sufficient for any gapps package.

Also I will return to the generic CyanogenMod MSM8916 kernel. I had problems with this kernel earlier, with camera and sensors not working. I've solved the problems with the sensors (and actually improved sensitivity for the light sensor) and for now I've also fixed the camera problems by backporting the driver from mdeejay's Ark Benefit kernel. I also had to backport the touchpanel driver, but I'm quite confident to make it work without any backported drivers. All issues until now were due to errors in the devicetree..
    Just in time before the weekend, here's a new ROM for download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19444

It incorporates @siljaer's changes to mixer_paths.xml - let's see whether this solves the echo problems for others as well :)

Apart from that there are only minor changes: I added some more permission files for the lights and proximity sensors, set the screen density to 300dpi, and backported the LZ4 compression from the vanilla 3.12 kernel to use it in ZRAM (the stock rom did so as well). I've also applied a hack that restarts the media service after the phone has fully booted. I've seen this in the Oneplus Onyx source and it seems to improve the issues with the disappearing torch tile.