[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1]CyanogenMod 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015)

Search This thread

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Nah, cam on N is batter
Also has no broken modes and stuff
Some users said to me is batter, i can't test since i don't have the device

Didnt i say that is my opinion?

You can test this rom or other rom based on CM/AOSP MM and you will see what im talking about. Youve tested LOS 14.1 on your phone (or your friend's phone, whatever), so try this one or LOS 13 too if you want.

By the way, i've told you before too. It's "better", not "batter" lol.

This rom is very good, but N roms are great now! Really fast and smooth, have high performance and good battery life, they are really stable afaik. Camera is also great! Try N roms #Henkate and you will know :good: Also as far as I remember since it's a long time that I don't use this rom is that has 480p video recording bug, panoramic mode camera is broken, snapchat and skype video broken, FM radio is broken, screencast is broken and sometimes lags in play store while N roms don't... #Henkate try N roms and you will see with your eyes :good:

I had zero lag with this CM13.

Ive tried LOS 14.1 since i had to test my N kernel. My opinion is the same: CM/AOSP roms based on MM are better than N roms.
I repeat, it is my own opinion. Everyone has their opinion about something.

I'll stop replying about this as we're getting off-topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gent'

Dyneteve

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Romania

You can test this rom or other rom based on CM/AOSP MM and you will see what im talking about. Youve tested LOS 14.1 on your phone (or your friend's phone, whatever), so try this one or LOS 13 too if you want.

Ive tried LOS 14.1 since i had to test my N kernel. My opinion is the same: CM/AOSP roms based on MM are better than N roms.

Just saying, 6.0.1 is outdated, everyone knows N is batter

K

krishnasaha95

The camera quality is ok on this rom, just that:

I don't think there's any other issue as far as I remember.

By the way, in my opinion the camera on LP/MM roms (cm/aosp) is better than N ones where the camera is so laggy.

Also, there's LineageOS 13, a continuation of CM13. It has that camera issue fixed and some other changes.

cm15 is even better than both

5.1.1 touchwiz still the best for me

sultan1419

Feb 26, 2014
Punjab
Well in my opinion Los14.1 is best as it have got everything much better and where else CM13 is old as Sh*t... You know what I mean! You need to go with latest things and see what people want instead of sticking to old sh*tty things. Come on move on bro! You are the most hated person here!

Reactions: Sheref

Amarius1

Aug 7, 2016
Craiova

The camera on LOS 14.1 is way better than on CM13! MM is old and I honestly don't know why are you such a hater on LOS 14.1!!! You can't fight the change! Don't be such a hater..

V

Vatsal

Thread cleaned up.
Please try to keep the discussion civil and on topic.
Respect each other and their opinions. Not everyone is on the same page at every moment. We all have different views.

Hope I have cleared the air for you guys.

Regards
Vatsal,
Forum Moderator.

Nikolaos Kalomiris

May 29, 2014
Thessaloniki
READ ME

What exactly are you all doing here?
I wanted all threads to be open, so you could discuss issues that exist, and in case someone would want to continue the work that IS NOT FINISHED.
Instead, you are arguing about developers and judge their work, without any log, neither a proper explanation.
XDA is promoting team-work, not competition and "hidden companies"..
READ THE FREAKING ISSUES AND CHANGELOG. REPORT ISSUES WITH LOGS.
Co-operate also in GitHub if you have the knowledge.

I don't have any time in my REAL life, to take notice of random people saying anything..
I have a tough REAL life job, and many responsibilities to cope with, alone.
I'm glad you found out how and what to do to fix issues, and continue to do so. That is the spirit. Don't blame anyone, and get a life. Move on.
If you are willing to test, do it, but report properly.

And the most important part:
Moderators are not your dogs.

Last edited:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
What exactly are you all doing here?
I wanted all threads to be open, so you could discuss issues that exist, and in case someone would want to continue the work that IS NOT FINISHED.
Instead, you are arguing about developers and judge their work, without any log, neither a proper explanation.
XDA is promoting team-work, not competition and "hidden companies"..
READ THE FREAKING ISSUES AND CHANGELOG. REPORT ISSUES WITH LOGS.
Co-operate also in GitHub if you have the knowledge.

I don't have any time in my REAL life, to take notice of random people saying anything..
I have a tough REAL life job, and many responsibilities to cope with, alone.
I'm glad you found out how and what to do to fix issues, and continue to do so. That is the spirit. Don't blame anyone, and get a life. Move on.
If you are willing to test, do it, but report properly.

And the most important part:
Moderators are not your dogs.

I think this more or less sums up what I needed to say. I have cleaned the thread of the most recent nonsense. Now let's keep this discussion to the thread topic. If you don't, I have no problem coming back in here and handing warnings/infracts/bans as necessary.

Thread Cleaned

NellL33

Apr 18, 2017
Really nice work! Thank you for that masterpiece!

For everyone having a bad time flashing a 5.1.1 stock ROM:
I found this youtube-link which provides full flash data so you can do a totally clean reset before flashing the cm. The video itself is irrelevant, everyone knows how to flash via ODIN, but the download link in the description is not. I prefered this one over sammobile because this link provides more files like for example the .pit file for re-partitioning your device :p

I cant paste the actual link but for the ones who need it just search for "How To Firmware Samsung Galaxy J500FN 5.1.1 (FULL FIRMWARE 4 FILES) " at youtube. :)

ajislav

Apr 1, 2011
Really nice work! Thank you for that masterpiece!

For everyone having a bad time flashing a 5.1.1 stock ROM:
I found this youtube-link which provides full flash data so you can do a totally clean reset before flashing the cm. The video itself is irrelevant, everyone knows how to flash via ODIN, but the download link in the description is not. I prefered this one over sammobile because this link provides more files like for example the .pit file for re-partitioning your device :p

I cant paste the actual link but for the ones who need it just search for "How To Firmware Samsung Galaxy J500FN 5.1.1 (FULL FIRMWARE 4 FILES) " at youtube. :)
This device does not support repartitioning, as far as I remember.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo.png

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy J5

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs and changelogs are in 2nd post !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

1. Make sure you have updated to stock 5.1.1.
    2. Download the ROM from the direct link for your device in the Downloads section below.
    3. Download 6.0.1 ARM GAPPS. (Nano preferred. Long-pressing the Home button will show Google Search)
    4. Transfer the zip files to your SD card.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode. ( Vol UP + Home + Power )
    Note: It is highly recommended to use TWRP Recovery
    6. Optional: Do nandroid backup.
    7. Full wipe /system, /internalsd, /data, /cache, as well as the Android folder from your external SD.
    Note: You will have to format data as well if you want to use data encryption
    8. Install CM zip and GApps zip.
    9. Reboot to system.
    10. Setup your device.
    Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads
    SM-J500FN
    SM-J500F

------------------------------------------------------------------​

Source​
    Check out the ROM Source available on GitHub.
    Feel free to submit any fixes, Just remember to give proper credits when using other people's source.
    Kernel Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    Nick Verse, ganesh varma
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-J5

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop (Modem & Firmware)

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-20

Created 2016-12-15
    Last Updated 2017-04-20
    Bugs and Issues

Code:
    - Camera is hanging on taking pictures.
    - Flashlight bug as stated in post [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70188430&postcount=129"]#129[/URL]
    - FM audio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitting Bug Reports:
    If you find some bugs, report it with logs and detailed information of the issue.
    Do not report bugs if custom tweak is done.
    Do not report bugs if Xposed is installed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

Code:
    [B]December 20, 2016[/B]
    - Fixed screen off.
    - Fixed some media issues.
    - Fixed RIL issues.
    - Audio delay workaround.
    - Vendor fixes.
    - Camera bug remains. Constant WIP. (Work In Progress)
    - Merged with latest CyanogenMod changes.
    - First beta release.

[B]December 18, 2016[/B]
    - Do not upgrade to 6.0.1. (Use older secure bootloaders for multiROM purposes)
    - Fixed RIL. (Baseband + In-call audio)
    - Fixed Camera and Flashlight.
    - Fixed media, FX and audio playback.
    - Fixed Hotspot.
    - Build variant: cm_j5nltexx-userdebug.
    - Merged with latest CyanogenMod changes.
    - First alpha release.

[B]December 15, 2016[/B]
    - Initial release.
    - Build variant: cm_j5nltexx-eng.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tips :
    To activate Developer settings : Settings -> About phone -> press Build number 7 times.
    To activate 3-way reboot go to Developer settings and select "Advanced reboot".
    Root is included and disabled by default, enable it from Developer settings - Root access.
    BusyBox is included.

LiveDisplay is a feature for adapting display colors for night usage.
    You can enable it by turning on GPS and data/wifi for some seconds.
    Then go to Settings -> Display & lights -> LiveDisplay -> Display mode and change from off to automatic.
    Then your phone will know when to adjust your display for night usage through your local GMT zone.
    You can also adjust Color Temperature for Day/Night modes.
    Screen Cast is a feature to cast your screen to a Smart TV.
    Enable Wi-Fi and check Settings->Display & lights->Cast screen->Enable wireless display, connect both devices, and play!​
    [INFO]CyanogenMod Project

That's really frustrating for CyanogenMod to be shut down as a project upstream! No matter what, me, @#Henkate, and @ganesh varma will continue to support this device, and try our best to provide killer ROMs! :D
    Let me know below by commenting:

Which is your most preferred ROM flavour?
    What are the features that makes this flavour unique to you?

Thank you again for all the support throughout this year!

Regards,
    Nick Verse.
    A new build for J500F with the camera fix will be available in a couple of hours for testing. Nick seems to be busy with some work so I'll be building for other variants once the results come out for this build. The other variants will be followed in the upcoming days.

Note: This will be the last and final build of CyanogenMod 13 as we are now moving to LineageOS. There will be no further development of this rom! :good:
    FINALLY! I have the 8GB variant, and the latest update disabled my ability to rollback. (it's an irreversible firmware update) I'm just waiting until this thing is usable enough.

If you have an 8GB, it's literally impossible to install anything with all the bloat.

Thank you for this useful comment!
    CM13 has the option to format externalSD as internal. Also, users that flash irreversible firmwares will be able to have an AOSP based ROM.
    Instead of just waiting for CM13 to be stable, you can contribute to make this work faster. Search and find errors through logcat, discuss them here so we can take a look on them.
    This applies to every user out there. That's why XDA is made for, after all!

Regards,
    Nick Verse.