[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1][G800F/M/Y] Bliss Rom 6.2 For Galaxy S5 Mini G800F/M/Y [BETA]

Search This thread

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Left handed setup

Hi

Is there a way to swap the softkey functionality for left handed (i like this option + disable illumination) & move the recents clear all button either left/centre?

Sovereign88

Feb 9, 2015
Frankfurt
Does anyone else have problem with power nap on this rom? The rom itself is incedible but when
I use power nap I randomly get a blackscreen of doom and I have to remove the battery in order to reboot the phone. Any solutions/ideas?

CostasGr

Sep 15, 2015
Does anyone else have problem with power nap on this rom? The rom itself is incedible but when
I use power nap I randomly get a blackscreen of doom and I have to remove the battery in order to reboot the phone. Any solutions/ideas?

i used power nap for about a week, and i didnt see much of a difference. but i hadnt black screen. are you sure its a issue with power nap? after uninstalling it i installed greenify and i can tell it worthed it

Sovereign88

Feb 9, 2015
Frankfurt
Oh, it's definitly power nap. I have both installed, power nap and greenify. Greenify works like a charm and does what it's suppose to do. Only power nap causes me grief. When its deactivated (frozen via titanium backup) my phone works well. Reactivating power nap leads to blackscreens. I am at a loss.

Aikonbabe

May 30, 2012
Bliss-v6.4-kminilte-UNOFFICIAL-20160727-1835.zip

I could not even boot all the way with this release .. When reaching language selection the lockscreen in background kept me from pushing next ? :-/

Shut down and restart where my only options .. My primary ROM in dual boot patcher could also not be reached .. So trying this release made me start from scratch ! :(

Last edited:

Exxonvaldez

Jan 8, 2009
Great update, thank you. Got me rid of stuttering Bluetooth audio. I missed out on the 6.3 update because it was not mentioned in the first post. Is it possible to update the information in the first post, like it's done in almost all other threads here, thank you.

Gesendet von meinem YOGA Tablet 2-1050L mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I have been using the bliss Rom for some time now and was quite happy with it. In the last weeks my phone started to behave badly. It sometimes takes ages to wake up, the screen flickers, Bluetooth audio stutters, the device gets hot, battery drains like crazy. For some time the recent function was not working, only showing the bliss logo. It's not constantly doing all this, but occasionally. I was not able to relate anything, setting, app or else to any of those behaviors. I tried changing settings, installed apps to find draining apps, wiped cache and dalvic - no success. Has anyone experienced the same and has hints what to look for. Help, especially concerning drain and flickering, is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Serge37

Jun 6, 2015
Battery Drain

Great update, thank you. Got me rid of stuttering Bluetooth audio. I missed out .../... I was not able to relate anything, setting, app or else to any of those behaviors. I tried changing settings, installed apps to find draining apps, wiped cache and dalvic - no success. Has anyone experienced the same and has hints what to look for. Help, especially concerning drain and flickering, is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hello World,
Great magic ROM, thank's :eek:. I have been using this ROM for a couple af month and have never been suffering from strange behaviors except rarely but some times screen flickering. I'm using these GApps (pico) : The Open GApps Project at "opengapps.org"
BUT : I continue to frequently suffer from battery Drain. For unexpected reasons, the sleeping drain reaches 8% per hour, during several hours, as it is only 1,5% in the best cases. As I checked or stopped almost all my app's, stopping wifi, bluetouth, GPS, mail and sync, I'm wondering wether it should be due to the Phone Modem, trying to synchronize with the phone network, because of my bad receiving conditions, even if the phone is sleeping near my bed during night.

Do someone experiences the same issue ? :confused:

jimbo135

Jan 14, 2016
Hello World,
Great magic ROM, thank's :eek:. I have been using this ROM for a couple af month and have never been suffering from strange behaviors except rarely but some times screen flickering. I'm using these GApps (pico) : The Open GApps Project at "opengapps.org"
BUT : I continue to frequently suffer from battery Drain. For unexpected reasons, the sleeping drain reaches 8% per hour, during several hours, as it is only 1,5% in the best cases. As I checked or stopped almost all my app's, stopping wifi, bluetouth, GPS, mail and sync, I'm wondering wether it should be due to the Phone Modem, trying to synchronize with the phone network, because of my bad receiving conditions, even if the phone is sleeping near my bed during night.

I've experienced the same battery drain, even when in doze mode. This usually happens after several days without any reboot. Reboot usually solves the problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Serge37

Jun 6, 2015
I've experienced the same battery drain, even when in doze mode. This usually happens after several days without any reboot. Reboot usually solves the problem.
.../

Hi, thanks for answering. Good idea, I'll try to explore that way.. rebooting... and i'll report :good:

I'am using "BetterBatteryStats" (Recovery mode install) as very good app to check processor behavior and states. It generally tells me a good "deep sleep" state despite a large battery consumption. That's the reason why I'm looking forward to a phone modem drain !!:rolleyes:

Do someone knows an alternative app to check processor states ? or an app capable of measering modem power behavior ? (not signal quality monitor that is not usefull that case)

read you soon :eek:

zmbit

Jan 25, 2016
Thank you

I have made a new update to the ROM.
Once again only updated the source so the device related bugs will still persist.

Credits go to Bliss ROM team, hennymcc for setting up the device tree and CTXz for his work to port Bliss to our phone.

Thank you so much, this version works for me, it now allows me to install gapps and run it, THANKS!!!
Even though when I focus the camera for a picture, almost all the time it stops working.
SM-G800M

Last edited:

zaworka

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you so much, this version works for me, it now allows me to install gapps and run it, THANKS!!!
Even though when I focus the camera for a picture, almost all the time it stops working.
SM-G800M

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the ROM. The problem with the camera is known, the crash also results in the mediaserver process using 100% of the cpu which may lead to extensive battery drain and the phone getting hot. You can either solve this temporarily by rebooting or mediaserver killer app from Play Store. Also some users reported that they didnt experience that issue using another camera app from playstore. Just search this forum you will probably easily find which camera apps seem to work better than cm camera ;)

Hello World,

Well I more often than rarely suffered extensive battery drain on any ROM which is why I have moved on to another phone (one plus 3) as every day driver. I would agree with you, it seems to be connected to the modem somehow. More specifically, I think it is the mobile data that are using battery as hell and for me it did not seem to be related to the signal strength/quality. My battery drained about 10% per hour when mobile data were active, about 1-3% when they arent.
When your at home and your phone is sleeping over night then you are probably connected to WiFi all the time. Many users reported somehow, that there wifi always disconnects which seems to be connected to the wifi router (security options). Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and your phone does disconnect from wifi over night and thus switching to mobile data leading to the heavy drain.

My workaround was that I disabled mobile data at all when I did not need it and switched it on shortly from time to time for syncing. I have to admit that isnt really convenient, you could also use an xposed module (i think it is called smart network). You have then the ability to set the mobile data to activate as soon as you unlock your phone and auto-deactivate with locking the phone again. That way you should be able to minimize your battery drain, but the downside is that you will only get notifications when you unlock your phone...

For the moment there is no real fix for MM to be seen, I guess. I have heard rumors however that some people are working hard on getting CM14 to run on the s5mini. Hopefully it will come with less issues but we will have to wait and see ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Serge37

Exxonvaldez

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think the battery drain is related to mobile data. I use the "smart network" app and have it switch off also data connections when screen is off. Still sometimes I suffer from battery drain. I will try the media server killer, but I think the camera app is the problem. Very often the camera does not come back when I try to activate it after the screen was turned off. When asked wether you want to wait for the unresponsive camera app or close it, closing it results in an inaccessible camera (reboot required), clicking wait does not do anything, so probably there are bad things happening in the background... (lol, I sound like that W dude, remember?) Is the camera app from CM or original Samsung?

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I don't think the battery drain is related to mobile data. I use the "smart network" app and have it switch off also data connections when screen is off. Still sometimes I suffer from battery drain. I will try the media server killer, but I think the camera app is the problem. Very often the camera does not come back when I try to activate it after the screen was turned off. When asked wether you want to wait for the unresponsive camera app or close it, closing it results in an inaccessible camera (reboot required), clicking wait does not do anything, so probably there are bad things happening in the background... (lol, I sound like that W dude, remember?) Is the camera app from CM or original Samsung?

You are correct about the bad things happening in the background. The media server continues to eat up CPU and drain the battery very quickly. That's why the media server killer is recommended. So you can click wait, kill the media server and not need to reboot or have it draining your battery.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

thor4115

Aug 26, 2013
Is it only me, or does somebody else have problems with the camera? For no reason, after one or two times starting the camera app, the camera won't work anymore. It says driver problems or something like that. I have to reboot the phone in order to get the camera working again.
This is really a serious bug -_-
No snapshots anymore.

wogooo

Aug 8, 2012
Tilburg

zaworka

Nov 16, 2015
Hey there,

I have synced with bliss sources again and did a new update for the ROM. Have fun with it =)
Thanks and credits as always to CTXz for porting Bliss ROM, hennymcc for setting up the device tree and spookcity138 for his work on the device tree :good:

I will try to do the future updates closer to the beginning of the month, so you guys wont have to wait so long for the monthly security patches from google ;)

Download-Link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    utnXFk8.jpg

This is a unofficial Bliss 6.2 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y) by
    hennymcc and CTXz.​

DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
    Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H.

Working features
    • Internal Root
    • Brightness slider
    • Option to use soft keys
    • Additional settings (Buttons menu in settings)
    • HW accelerated GUI
    • Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
    • MTP storage
    • Flash Light
    • Bluetooth (A2DP, HFP, HID)
    • IR
    • Lock Screen
    • Sound
    • SMS
    • Wifi
    • Mobile Data
    • USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
    • NFC
    • Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
    • Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
    • Pulse sensor (preliminary and very inaccurate. Works with Apps like Kardiograph)
    • SD-Card as internal storage (new Android M feature)
    • GPS
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • Recieving Calls

Non-working features:
    • SELinux

Disclaimer:
    • You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
    • Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
    • Applications that use KNOX (e.g. "Private Mode") might not work anymore when returning to the stock ROM, as the device is regarded as compromised. Do not flash this ROM if you need those applications.
    • The image is only for Exynos3470 based S5 Mini variants SM-G800F/M/Y.
    • It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
    • Some users reported that their touch-screen stopped working permanently after some weeks of usage. For some user's (two at the moment including me) NFC stopped working permanently. Probably this issues are not related to this ROM as also many stock user's complain about hardware issues (random reboots, black screens, unresponsive touchscreen) but you have been warned.
    • Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
    Before you start:
    • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.

Download:

Install recovery:
    • Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
    • Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
    • Connect your device to your PC via USB
    • Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
    • Start Odin
    • In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
    • Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
    • Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
    • After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.

Before you flash:
    • You need the latest TWRP recovery (see above). Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
    • Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of Bliss or any other CM based ROM

Flash Bliss:
    • Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    • If you come from a stock ROM, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
    • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CyanogenMod zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
    • Install the Bliss 6.2 ROM zip-package
    • Install the GApps zip-package

How to root:
    No SuperSu is needed as CyanogenMod already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
    You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
    • Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
    • Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
    • Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.

In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
    • lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
    • Reboot your phone into Odin mode
    • Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
    • If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
    • In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
    • Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from Bliss is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
    • Reboot

Changelog
    Code:
    20/03/2016:
    * Updated to bliss 6.2
    * Fixed receiving calls

15/03/2016:
    * Bliss released

22/02/2016:
    * Fixed lock-screen freeze
    * Fixed Infrared support
    * Fixed search for mobile networks (search will take ~1min until results are shown)
    * Updated some libs with LP versions
    * Initial support for a fingerprint scanner
    * Sync with CM sources

16/02/2016:
    * Fixed camera problems with WhatsApp
    * Fixed preferred radio family settings (LTE/GSM/...)
    * Added default long-press actions for home and app-switch buttons (DJSteve)
    * Switched to LP kernel (G800FXXU1BOL4)
    * libsensors: replaced with open source implementation (fixes light sensor which is needed for auto-brightness)
    * Preliminary (and very inaccurate) support for heart-rate sensor
    * Update to TWRP 3.0 (TWRP 2.x will still work)
    * Sync with CM sources

30/01/2016:
    * Fixed BT calling problems (only noise)
    * CM Camera replaced with CM Snap Camera
      * better image quality (check picture quality settings), resulting in image file sizes of > 1MB instead of 200KB
      * Saving images to SD card supported (check settings)
    * Improved RIL support
    * Use stock soft-key layout (left capacitive button is app-switch instead of menu now)
      * Key-layout can be configured via button settings.
    * Fixed adb root problem (root permissions were lost after reboot)
    * SamsungServiceMode app works now
    * Sync with CM sources

14/01/2016:
    * Add soft keys option under settings > buttons
    * Fix crash after hanging up call
    * Sync with newest CM sources

31/12/2015:
    * Receiving calls works now
    * psyafter: SD-Card can be used as internal storage (new Android M feature). 
        Can be used to store photos on SD-Card.
        IMPORTANT: the SD-Card will be formatted if you activate this feature.
    * GPS works now
    * Sensors work now (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter).
       Light and Pulse sensors do not work yet.
    * Youtube/Screencast crash fixed

26/12/2015:
    * Wifi and Mobile Data work

20/12/2015 Hennymcc :
    * Audio Fix
      - Audio is now working (Still a bit quiet though)
      - Making Calls is now working

14/12/2015 Hennymcc, CTXz :
      - Updated to Android 6.0.1
      - Fixed reboot when locking phone
      - Fixed Internal Root in developer options not working

30/10/2015 CTXz :
    * Added 'Buttons' settings
      - Integrated Buttons/Capacitive Keys menu into settings
      - Double tapping or holding button to open camera now works (In CM12 it didn't work)
      - Power Menu is added under buttons menu
      - Minor fixes
    -!- NOTE : Setup Wizard may have some issues/crashes with this build. I will exclude it in the next one

29/10/2015 CTXz :
    * Synced to newest sources
      - Ugly looking Google search box removed

28/10/2015 CTXz :
    * Changed from eng to userdebug
      - No more red frames flashing
      - Fixed Browser crashing
      - Fixed crash after first boot
      - More user friendly
      - No additional boot.img flashing required

28/10/2015 hennymcc:
    * First CM 13.0 test-build

This section is for developers:
    A README file with build instructions can be found here:
    Code:
    https://github.com/cm-3470/patcher_kminilte

Sources:
    Code:
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common

Developers welcome
    • At the moment the G800F/M/Y specific port of this ROM is only done by two persons (CTXz and hennymcc). Although Unjustified Dev also works on this ROM he does not own an Galaxy S5 Mini but a Galaxy Light which has a similar base but is different when it comes to camera, nfc and other components (maybe even slightly when it comes to audio and radio).
    • Help from other developers is always welcome. See the bug/feature section and this thread to see what is missing. Just give some short info (here in this thread or PM) that you want to work on some issue or feature so that work can be synchronized. Maybe there are also other devs that want to work with you on the same issue.
    • Knowledge in how the kernel works and good programming skills in C, C++ and Java would be nice but not necessary for all problems. At least you should be able to build the ROM and test your changes yourself but you do not need experience in porting ROMs.

Thanks to Psyafter for some patches and working on the G800F.
    Thanks to Unjustified Dev from Team Regular for the initial work to get the G800F ready with CM.

Screenshots

Y3H97k9l.jpg
    jjMVtStl.jpg
    hz7MOkOl.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bliss Rom 6.2 For Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800F/M/Y, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    CTXz, hennymcc
    Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-03-15
    Last Updated 2016-03-30
    I have made a new update to the ROM.
    Once again only updated the source so the device related bugs will still persist.

Credits go to Bliss ROM team, hennymcc for setting up the device tree and CTXz for his work to port Bliss to our phone.
    Downloadlink
    Hey guys, I have finally managed to make a new build. @CostasGr

I have not yet been able to test it in depth. But at least I can confirm its booting and I didnt encounter any obvious bugs.
    As I have used the device tree from @spookcity138 there shouldnt be any issues regarding mic or robotic voice.

Only thing updated in this build is that I synced with Bliss sources (so actually its Bliss ROM 6.4 now). So for a detailed changelog you should google for official BlissROM changelog.
    Thanks and credits to @hennymcc for the original set-up of the device tree, @CTXz for original port of Bliss ROM (safed me quiet some time), the BlissROM team for there sources and Spookcity138 for reverting some changes to get rid of the robotic voice issue as well as mic issues and helping me with some build errors.

Download-Link
    I have built another update to the ROM. I didnt change anything, just synced with Bliss Sources.

Download-Link
    Official Bliss ROM changelog: Link

I am not sure about the screen flickering...either it is an issue in the Bliss sources, then it might be fixed in future updates. Or it has to be in the kernel used to build Bliss as this is the only part different from the other ROM releases by Spookcity. It will take some time until I would be able to take a look into the kernel (lack of skill). Either someone more experienced will take a look into it or you guys will have to stick with that issue for the moment.

Cheers =)
    Hey there,

I have synced with bliss sources again and did a new update for the ROM. Have fun with it =)
    Thanks and credits as always to CTXz for porting Bliss ROM, hennymcc for setting up the device tree and spookcity138 for his work on the device tree :good:

I will try to do the future updates closer to the beginning of the month, so you guys wont have to wait so long for the monthly security patches from google ;)

Download-Link