• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1]LineageOS 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy J5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JosephDM

Dec 12, 2016
Dude you keep on spamming here and there with J500H support, if you read the OP post you will see that koloses already said that he will build for other models too but he needs to find time and do some changes for H. So grow up, you're not a kid, read read and READ always, the answers are already there somewhere you just need to search a bit, not so much after all...

UmarBurney

May 29, 2014
Rawalpindi
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Dude you keep on spamming here and there with J500H support, if you read the OP post you will see that koloses already said that he will build for other models too but he needs to find time and do some changes for H. So grow up, you're not a kid, read read and READ always, the answers are already there somewhere you just need to search a bit, not so much after all...

No need to get pissed off. Chill out. You ain't the OP, are you??? Let the OP reply.

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Last edited:

JosephDM

Dec 12, 2016
@Koloses In order to update to LA.BR.1.2.9 CAF sources like the dev (Vince) for H model did, you have to start from 0 (zero) or just merge and modify what he did?

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra
I didn't even do anything yet, but don't worry we're all in one group in Telegram sharing ideas and testing stuff. Also stop asking the same question everywhere, let's keep threads clean. Anyway it's not good idea to cherry-pick merges and that should be an answer for that. There are still things needing to be done :v

wadhah1000

Feb 29, 2016
I didn't even do anything yet, but don't worry we're all in one group in Telegram sharing ideas and testing stuff. Also stop asking the same question everywhere, let's keep threads clean. Anyway it's not good idea to cherry-pick merges and that should be an answer for that. There are still things needing to be done :v
since the caf sources is done for the j5 are you planing to update this rom or leave it as good it is ?

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra

Dyneteve

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Furry
Reactions: Amarius1

StardustDroid

Jun 13, 2017
As far as this seems the latest version to support Xprivacy, I downgraded from Stock Android 6.0.1 to stock 5.1.1.

flashed TWRP for 5.1* https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=...af3efe8c8b5dbf7a0d88d7f03ce1f7e67e4e7f1b1dd33 , but I get errors when trying to flash lineage 13.0 (from this thread) from TWRP :

Code:
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
This package is for device: j5nlte: this device is j5lte
E:Error executing updater binary in zip (/path)...

Tried the second ROM too, but I get from TWRP :
Code:
try another ROM...
Can't mount /system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ioymdP2.png

[COLOR=167c80]LineageOS 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy J5[/COLOR]

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

[COLOR=167c80]Bugs[/COLOR]
    Code:
    - Snapchat/Skype video recording
    - FM audio.
    - You tell me

[COLOR=167c80]Installation[/COLOR]

1. Make sure you're using stock 5.1.1.
    2. Download the ROM build made for your device from the downloads section and GPU frequency limiting script if you need it.
    3. Download Android 6.0.1 gapps (you may also use microg if you know how to do so as this ROM supports signature spoofing).
    4. Transfer files you downloaded earlier to your phone's sdcard
    5. Reboot to recovery mode. ( Vol UP + Home + Power ) (You'll needTWRP Recovery )
    6. Do a full wipe in TWRP.
    7. Install Lineage and GAPPS zips.
    8. Reboot to system.
    9. Setup your device.
    That's it. Enjoy your new ROM.

[COLOR=167c80]Downloads[/COLOR]

[COLOR=167c80]ROM[/COLOR]
    SM-J500FN
    SM-J500F

[COLOR=167c80]GPU FREQUENCY SCRIPT[/COLOR]
    400 Mhz
    475 Mhz
    550 Mhz
    650 Mhz

[COLOR=167c80]Source[/COLOR]
    My sources and the ones I've used are all available either on my github here: https://github.com/Koloses or Galaxy-J5 organisation here: https://github.com/Galaxy-J5/ Kernel source is here: https://github.com/Koloses/kernel_samsung_j5lte

That's it for now. Builds for the rest of J5 devices should come later on and will be the same as the ones for J500FN and J500F. I just need time to make them (Building MM takes 2-3h on my pc and I have to setup device trees too so yeah)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13.0 for Galaxy J5, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    Koloses, Nick Verse, ganesh varma #Henkate
    Source Code: https://github.com/Koloses

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-05
    Last Updated 2017-07-27
    Stay on topic. I don't want any toxic immature rants here. Rate the thread however you like. I'm building LineageOS 13 for myself mainly and just decided to share it with the community in my spare time. What are you going to do with it or how you feel about it is not my concern. This community is divided enough just because some people didn't talk things through with each other just to be fair when they should do so and did whatever they wanted to do. By being harsh to each other you people are just going to be seen as idiots in everyone else's eyes. Especially when it comes from lack of understanding what and when happened. I think going on with dev stuff without further introducing any private/non-private conflicts here would be the best option for everyone.
    Addons & Stuff

Addons & OTA's

Last kernel update:
    J500FN
    J500F
    Full changelog in comparision to the ROM bundled one:

- more charging changes
    - merged patch mentioned by @ajislav
    - updated display driver from MM kernel (implemented code left by ganesh)
    - build cifs.ko and load it at boot

CAF Optimized System Webview
    system_webview-m57-caf.zip

Changes in comparision to bundled one:

- Newer base version (M51 to M57)
    - Built from Codeaurora sources (optimized for Snapdragon devices)

Wifi Direct & Screen mirroring fix
    wifidirect-screenmirror-fix.zip
    Mostly yes, but it's refreshed a little bit (newer android codebase as we have 6.0.1_r78 as far as I remember and CM13 has a little bit older base). It's also rebranded and we have some overlays fixed (charging overlays and 1080p recording in Snap camera). I also included newer Adreno blobs as you may see here . I will make seperate builds for the rest of J5 devices too later this week. I did some patches here and there since we won't get new CM13 builds anyway and custom MM for our devices still needs some love. ;)

It also uses my kernel with recommended settings out of the box, so battery life should be better without installing any extra zips. People kept asking for it and most of them wouldn't build it for themselves so here it is :)
    Well, I have some internal builds made recently, so you may try one of these if you want, but don't report anything here
    J500FN: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxSLA1Ec2lBnTEMxeFJ3dDZXV3M
    J500F: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxSLA1Ec2lBnLTlwX2RqSDVlRjg

There are changes like new kernel, sdcardfs enabled and MM blobs used. I wouldn't consider it stable yet though.