[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1][SGP712/SGP771] CyanogenMod 13 for Xperia Z4 Tablet [Alpha]

Search This thread

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Thanks guys! I'm up and running with CM13 now and I'm very satisfied with it!
I can feel it's an Alpha build though, not in any way bad as it's so far a very stable build it seems, but smaller things that need tweaking;
Wi-Fi seems unstable, and I can't use the tethering options or get them to work.
My biggest problem is OTG.. I haven't tried everything i need OTG for yet, but registering a USB stick is broken it seems. The USB drive reacts and shows a little LED light, but the tablet isn't registering it and I can't find the option to detect USB (like you could on stock ROM).
If anyone knows of a fix for the OTG, I would be happy.
Other than that I tip my hat to you dev! Very good work so far :)

Edit: I noticed after i flashed the ROM that my computer won't detect the tablet in fastboot mode anymore. Is this a common issue?

Thanks for the feedback!
OTG should work. There is no option to enable it like on stock because it's enabled by default. But maybe the tablet don't mount the key? Wich app do you use to browse the files? For me, simply insert an USB key works, I use ES explorer to browse the files.

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
I'm unable to download Google Play Movies since installing cm13 on my z4. Any fix for this?

I don't use Google Play Movies. I seem that other people already had the same problem on other devices, but I only made a quick search on google, so maybe someone already find a solution ? Did you find a solution ?

Last edited:

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Hi
I flash androplus kernel ( Z4T_SGP771_AndroPlusKernel_v31.zip
15.9MB Jun 04, 2016 | 07:49AM ) and TWRP for CM( Cyanogenmod unofficial rom for karin (Z4 tablet LTE)) as you recommended, then install Latest Rom ( cm-13.0-20160918-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
395.6MB Sep 18, 2016 | 07:58PM) but tablet do not have sound. What am I doing wrong :confused:
Thx

It seem that you made things correctly. Maybe you can try to wipe data (make a backup if you have datas to save). Or did you change any settings ?

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Hi guys, having trouble connecting to and pairing the bk50 keyboard. Not getting a pin prompt and not seeing a successful connection created after several attempts. Lots of Bluetooth share error messages... Any tips to resolve? Was working fine for a month previously so unsure what changed, maybe a Bluetooth beacon spammed the service??

Update- yes it appears that bluetooth beacons can cause the bluetooth service to crash so much that keyboard pairing fails all the time. Moving physically away fixed it so not related to the rom, just another issue caused by Android's limited list of entries for known bluetooth mac addresses (the beacons are 'illegal' bluetooth devices which dynamically change mac to ensure they are always discovered as a new device, which fills the table and crashes the service once table is max size).

Thank you for the feedback and also for sharing the solution you find :).

robdam1001

Feb 24, 2007
I don't use Google Play Movies. I seem that other people already had the same problem on other devices, but I only make a quick search on google, so maybe someone already found a solution ? Did you find a solution ?
Thanks for your reply. I went back to stock. I can't live without Google play movies. Battery life has drastically improved as well.

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Its mostly working but would it be possible to get regular (if not necessarily frequent) builds to cover the monthly Android security updates?

Yes, you're right, that what I initialy wanted to do but I forgot to do it for October. The November security update is not already released, so I will wait next week-end to make a new build to have this new mounthly update (I hope it will be release at the begining of the next week, then there is a small delay before included in cm source, so next week-end should be good).
Sorry for the increasing delay between builds, I was very busy (and I will also be very busy for at least till the end of the end of the year).

For other updates, I don't have the time currently to make a deep debug make a more working 1.3.3 kernel. So I let the 1.2.2 kernel for the moment.
Android N for Z4 tablet should be released by Sony by the end of the year, so the new kernel sources will be available and it should be easier to debug this 1.3.3 kernel by comparing the sources with the stock kernel (that what I did for OTG on 1.2.2 for exemple).

Reactions: belrik
Jun 2, 2016
Thanks for the feedback!
OTG should work. There is no option to enable it like on stock because it's enabled by default. But maybe the tablet don't mount the key? Wich app do you use to browse the files? For me, simply insert an USB key works, I use ES explorer to browse the files.

I use the app called File Commander. Other OTG functions work, like using a Dualshock 4, mouse or keyboard, weirdly enough..

Reactions: andralex8

denk_mal

Mar 13, 2016
Hi
I flash androplus kernel ( Z4T_SGP771_AndroPlusKernel_v31.zip
15.9MB Jun 04, 2016 | 07:49AM ) and TWRP for CM( Cyanogenmod unofficial rom for karin (Z4 tablet LTE)) as you recommended, then install Latest Rom ( cm-13.0-20160918-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
395.6MB Sep 18, 2016 | 07:58PM) but tablet do not have sound. What am I doing wrong :confused:
Thx

you should try a newer version of the AndroPlusKernel. IIRR V38 is the minimum for 6.0.1 and V40 is working like a charm here (with original 6.0.1 from Sony for now)
I'll switch to cy13 later this month.

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Yes, you're right, that what I initialy wanted to do but I forgot to do it for October. The November security update is not already released, so I will wait next week-end to make a new build to have this new mounthly update (I hope it will be release at the begining of the next week, then there is a small delay before included in cm source, so next week-end should be good).
Sorry for the increasing delay between builds, I was very busy (and I will also be very busy for at least till the end of the end of the year).

For other updates, I don't have the time currently to make a deep debug make a more working 1.3.3 kernel. So I let the 1.2.2 kernel for the moment.
Android N for Z4 tablet should be released by Sony by the end of the year, so the new kernel sources will be available and it should be easier to debug this 1.3.3 kernel by comparing the sources with the stock kernel (that what I did for OTG on 1.2.2 for exemple).

New update :)

Reactions: belrik
Jun 2, 2016
If other functions works, the usb key should works. Maybe the tablet don't mount the key? Did you try with an other browser ? Or in comand line?

I tried with the build-in CM file manager, but it does the same thing. I noticed as well that the android system doesn't show the USB key under the storage menu in settings.
Now you mention command line.. How would i do that? I have never fiddled much with the android terminal, if that's what you're referring to :p

Edit: is there a changelog for the recent update? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: andralex8

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
I tried with the build-in CM file manager, but it does the same thing. I noticed as well that the android system doesn't show the USB key under the storage menu in settings.
Now you mention command line.. How would i do that? I have never fiddled much with the android terminal, if that's what you're referring to :p

Edit: is there a changelog for the recent update? :)

Try lsusb with and without the usb key plugged to see if the tablet detect the key. Did you try with es explorer too? The key is not shown for me nether in the storage settings, but I can access it, and it's not shown neither with the mount command, strange...

Only security update (update cm source code)

Hey thank you very much for this mod.

I installed it to my tablet after the latest update to play around:
- Firmware: 32.2.A.5.11
- Androplus kernel v42 (I installed it with your TWRP)
- xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64.zip

I have seen so far two main issues:
- The MAC address is different every time the tablet is booted. This is a problem for the people like me, who filter MAC addresses on the WLAN router.
- The tablet is making a funny short noise more or less every minute, sometimes more often, like a *clack* on the speakers, similar to the default noise when pressing a keyboard key.

Last edited:

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Any chance of a lineage port for 7.1.1?

Yes, more than that.
I will not tell too much, but I can already tell you that it will be better than the marshmallow roms ;) .
We are working with other developpers wich are doing an incredible work for the Z4/Z5 platform that can be used for the Z4 tablet too.
The rom will be released when fully working (at least beta, no alpha version this time).

That's also the reason why I will not update the marshmallow roms in the futur, the next update should be nougat :).

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
Yes, more than that.
I will not tell too much, but I can already tell you that it will be better than the marshmallow roms ;) .
We are working with other developpers wich are doing an incredible work for the Z4/Z5 platform that can be used for the Z4 tablet too.
The rom will be released when fully working (at least beta, no alpha version this time).

That's also the reason why I will not update the marshmallow roms in the futur, the next update should be nougat :).

Exciting news, good luck with your efforts!

HotBlack77

Jul 17, 2010
Yes, more than that.

Any News?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13 for Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet Wifi and LTE (SGP712/SGP771)

Code:
    Your warranty may be voided ! I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Issues:

- Back camera focus: image is blurred and color problem (waiting for new AOSP blobs from Sony)
    - Minor bug with led while charging
    - No FM radio
    - Tell me what you find !

How to install

- Unlock your bootloader (you can save your TA partition before)
    - Update your firmware to the last Marshmallow version (needed to update the bootloader, kernel will not boot if you use the Lollipop bootloader)
    - Install AndroPlus kernel and TWRP
    - Make a backup
    - Push the rom’s zip to the SD card (optionnaly with gapps)
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik cache
    - Install the rom (and gapps if you want)
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy, and give me a feedback :)

Advice: You can use TWRP from Androplus before installing the rom. But it will not work with cyanogenmod kernel.
    So, after installing the rom, you can use TWRP made for CM kernel (see the link bellow) and press vol+ at boot, or keep AndroPlus TWRP and use "fastboot boot boot.img", were boot.img is AndroPlus kernel.
    Edit : my TWRP for CM seem to has a bug with touchscreem randomly not working, you can reboot the tablet with Power-Vol+ until the touchscreen works (it doesn't stop working after boot, it just works well or not at all), or use the fastboot method with AndroPlus Kernel.
    I will solve this problem when I'll have the time.

Thanks

@CTXz and @zacharias.maladroit for all the work with the Z5 serie and the kitakami platform
    To all people who helped them: @oshmoun, @moonbutt74, @sub77, @Joeisgood99, @bazhip, @alphatact1cs, @auras76, @Myself5
    @AndroPlus for his great kernel and recovery
    Sony’s AOSP team for providing sources for AOSP
    CyanogenMod team, they are provinding a great android distribution
    Google for Android
    All the people I don’t explicitly thanks (You can ask if you think you should be on this list, I will add you with pleasure)

Downloads

Cyanogenmod unofficial rom for karin windy (Z4 tablet wifi only)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=67714

Cyanogenmod unofficial rom for karin (Z4 tablet LTE)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=86526

Gapps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Select ARM64, android 6,0, and choose the variant you want (I recommand pico)

TWRP for CM kernel (both Z4 tablet wifi and LTE)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=114592

Questions

- Please, avoid asking things like: how to flash this rom, what is fastboot, …
    There is enough documentation on XDA and others websites. You also probably should not use this rom if you don’t know how to recover a bricked device with fastboot and flashtool.
    - I’m not a professional devlopper, I don’t receive payement for this, so don’t ask for ETA, for make a rom for an other devices, …
    - I only have a wifi only Z4 tablet, I make a LTE version, but since I don’t own this tablet it’s not possible for me to debug like on my wifi tablet.

Reporting a bug

- Explain what happen with the more details you can: how does this bug happen, when, …
    - Share a log if you can

Source code:

Device
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_device_sony_karin_windy
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_device_sony_karin
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_device_sony_kitakami
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_device_sony_common

Kernel
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_kernel_sony_kitakami

Vendor
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_vendor_sony
    https://github.com/andralex8/android_vendor_qcom

The remaining source code for the kitakami platform can be obtainde from here:
    https://github.com/Sony-Kitakami
    https://github.com/andralex8

CyanogenMod source code:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod

TWRP source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Changelog
    Code:
    2016/11/25
    - Increase max speaker volume
    - Allow to set lower minimum brightness
    - Sync last CyanogenMod sources (stable/cm-13.0-ZNH0E branch)

2016/11/13

2016/09/18
    (- Use cm libbt again)

2016/09/17

2016/08/21
    - Fix USB OTG (disable switch on boot)

2016/08/20

2016/08/07
    - Partially fix USB OTG (fix kernel usb driver)
    - Use Adreno stock blobs (32.1.A.1.185)

2016/07/29
    - CyanogenMod for SGP771 karin released

2016/07/10
    - Update qcom blobs (SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_M_v05a)
    - Cpuquiet and rqbalance improvements (cherry-picking from sonyxperiadev)
    - Sync last CyanogenMod source (stable/cm-13.0-ZNH0E branch)

2016/06/15
    - Fix sensors

2016/06/14
    - Fix bluetooth (use broadcom libbt from AOSP instead of CM)

2016/06/05
    - Fix audio (add acdb and audio config from stock 32.1.A.1.185)

2016/05/29
    - CyanogenMod for SGP712 karin_windy released
    - Use cm stable/cm-13.0-ZNH0E branch

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 for Xperia Z4 Tablet, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet

Contributors
    andralex8, and a lot more (see thanks section)
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-07-23
    Last Updated 2016-11-25
    Bluetooth should be fixed, the annoying bug with the keyboard is gone :).
    Using broadcom libbt from AOSP seem to fix the problem (thanks again to Sony Kitakami Platform Developer Organization)
    Any chance of a lineage port for 7.1.1?

Yes, more than that.

Good to know that at last cyanogenmod was released for our tablet, hope it will be the same for SGP771 soon.
    Any likelihood on seeing a nightly CM build for this device?

Not yet, we need a fully working rom to have a chance to have an official support of CyanogenMod ( and we still don't have a working camera).
    But maybe one day, new camera binaries for AOSP will be released the next week by Sony and they should make the camera functional ;). But we will probably need to use the more recent kernel sources from Sony and it's still experimental and could be unstable. I'm currently making a build with this new kernel to check the current state with Z4 tablet and prepare to new binaries.