• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1][land] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
OnePlus 5
Ok, jokers.
If you have any concerns regarding the moderation, send me or @justmpm a message. Discussing mod's decision in public is no go. Two guys are on a premature holiday to reconsider their commitment to the site (including public insults of the moderator).
I hope that you got my point.

Now carry on.

impulsar

Mar 28, 2015
Ranchi
Ok, jokers.
If you have any concerns regarding the moderation, send me or @justmpm a message. Discussing mod's decision in public is no go. Two guys are on a premature holiday to reconsider their commitment to the site (including public insults of the moderator).
I hope that you got my point.

Now carry on.
Insulting small contributors and new members by calling them jokers? SS taken. Agreed we aren't aware of some of the rules but these kind of words by a moderator is just isn't acceptable, every person is a noob at some point of time, there is no congenital expert. Things can be explained politely as well.

Because of irrational hegemony of some mods, people are quitting xda and opting for g+ and telegram.

The guy who I assume reported the mod about the thread (@karthickmostwanted) doesn't himself even own the device, he never replies to our queries, but when someone tries to do something for our device, he's the first one to report because his thread got locked up.

Last edited:

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
OnePlus 5
Insulting small contributors and new members by calling them jokers? SS taken. Agreed we aren't aware of some of the rules but these kind of words by a moderator is just isn't acceptable. Things can be explained politely as well.

Because of irrational hegemony of some mods, people are quitting xda and opting for g+ and telegram.

Small contributors and new members won't find it offensive, as I wasn't targeting them. You can take as many screenshots as you want. Users must know the rules and follow them - that's a requirement. Insulting any member and especially a moderator, who divides his free time to keep the wheel spinning is a violation of the member conduct.

You may not know me, as you are relatively new here. I didn't insult anyone. I just emphasized that those members who post such crap publicly are not funny at all. Elaborate on irrational hegemony, please. I'm intrigued.

impulsar

Mar 28, 2015
Ranchi
Small contributors and new members won't find it offensive, as I wasn't targeting them. You can take as many screenshots as you want. Users must know the rules and follow them - that's a requirement. Insulting any member and especially a moderator, who divides his free time to keep the wheel spinning is a violation of the member conduct.

You may not know me, as you are relatively new here. I didn't insult anyone. I just emphasized that those members who post such crap publicly are not funny at all. Elaborate on irrational hegemony, please. I'm intrigued.
Olivier said:
Publishing broken, untested builds without even linking to the kernel source code (as per the GPL) is bad. Asking for money on top of that is even worse, and an absolute no-go.

I've also removed the download links to prevent people from softbricking their devices

Reasons given and why they are absurd -

1. Untested builds - Dev doesn't own the device, so we at our own free will opted to test it, he didn't force us. Dev also made it QUITE CLEAR that he's not sure whether build boots up. And it's not uncommon for xda to have devs who develop stuff for a device they don't have using the logs of testers.
2. Kernel source - Dev was about to release. Mentioned in thread.
3. Asking for money - Dev didn't ask for money, he asked for donations to get the device and develop some stuff for us. This device's development is almost dead, no dev cares anymore except few. Most devs ask for donations, it's nothing new, infact initially we ourselves offered him donation but he refused to take because he wanted to investigate and confirm that he can get the job done which he did.
4. People would get their devices bricked - Read 1st point.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

@eagleeyetom please read

Last edited:

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
OnePlus 5
Reasons given and why they are absurd -

1. Untested builds - Dev doesn't own the device, so we at our own free will opted to test it, he didn't force us. Dev also made it QUITE CLEAR that he's not sure whether build boots up. And it's not uncommon for xda to have devs who develop stuff for a device they don't have using the logs of testers.
2. Kernel source - Dev was about to release. Mentioned in thread.
3. Asking for money - Dev didn't ask for money, he asked for donations to get the device and develop some stuff for us. This device's development is almost dead, no dev cares anymore except few. Most devs ask for donations, it's nothing new, infact initially we ourselves offered him donation but he refused to take because he wanted to investigate and confirm that he can get the job done which he did.
4. People would get their devices bricked - Read 1st point.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

@eagleeyetom please read

Since you decided to pick up an argument:
1. Blind builds are not encouraged at any point. You can't develop for the device without a device. Also, if a developer tries to run an untested build, he or she should find a small group of testers without putting a lot of users in danger. I know that some of you may have other devices, but bricking the device is not cool. Believe me; I had hard bricked my daily driver once when I was bringing up a CM for it.
2. If you are familiar with GPL licensing, you know that all the tools needed to replicate the software must be freely available. In a nutshell, this means that the kernel source must be updated and running. In the era of GitHub/GitLab etc. pushing a commit is just a five seconds of work
3. The donation is still money, so your argument is moot. If you are familiar with the rules (and I want to believe that you are), you should know that we have a particular rule about donations. You can't selectively decide which rules to follow and which not. We are a small group of guys who patrol the forums. If you find that a developer asks for donations too excessively, let us know.
4. Read 1st point.

impulsar

Mar 28, 2015
Ranchi
1. Blind builds are not encouraged at any point. You can't develop for the device without a device. Also, if a developer tries to run an untested build, he or she should find a small group of testers without putting a lot of users in danger. I know that some of you may have other devices, but bricking the device is not cool. Believe me; I had hard bricked my daily driver once when I was bringing up a CM for it.
2. If you are familiar with GPL licensing, you know that all the tools needed to replicate the software must be freely available. In a nutshell, this means that the kernel source must be updated and running. In the era of GitHub/GitLab etc. pushing a commit is just a five seconds of work
3. The donation is still money, so your argument is moot. If you are familiar with the rules (and I want to believe that you are), you should know that we have a particular rule about donations. You can't selectively decide which rules to follow and which not. We are a small group of guys who patrol the forums. If you find that a developer asks for donations too excessively, let us know.
4. Read 1st point.
Cool, understood. We'll take care of it

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

4. Read 1st point.
Please unlock the thread when a bootable build is ready, so that we can kick off the stagnant development. This time there would be no mistakes :)

Last edited:

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Reactions: sidS6 and arceuss
C

cyberdudeHR

But still we look forward for a ROM from @BlueFlame4. A pro is always a pro.
Yeah..! A Pro is always a Pro.
What if he could bring Android O to our device when the time comes? So don't fall for the rest devs and just go ahead and donate @BlueFlame4
BTW, I still need an Indian who could take ₹360(5€) from me via Paytm and give it to @BlueFlame4.
I am dying to donate you.

Last edited:

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
Please inform us when you get reply from mods or when you need testers :)

Yeah..! A Pro is always a Pro.
What if he could bring Android O to our device when the time comes? So don't fall for the rest devs and just go ahead and donate @BlueFlame4
BTW, I still need an Indian who could take ₹360(5€) from me via Paytm and give it to @BlueFlame4.
I am dying to donate you.

So, the problems have been resolved. As I said, communication is key (rather than insulting). The current outcome is that my LOS 14.1 thread will stay closed until the ROM has a booting state (which is totally fine for me). In the meantime I will need some private testers. Is somebody willing to test my builds privately? Please send me a PM then.

I also read in AICP thread that many bugs seem to have been fixed so there's that as well. *If* that is the case, we will see what to do next. But AFAIK there is always stuff to do (and if it's just hardening SELinux rules or upstreaming the kernel :D).

Best regards

impulsar

Mar 28, 2015
Ranchi
So, the problems have been resolved. As I said, communication is key (rather than insulting). The current outcome is that my LOS 14.1 thread will stay closed until the ROM has a booting state (which is totally fine for me). In the meantime I will need some private testers. Is somebody willing to test my builds privately? Please send me a PM then.

I also read in AICP thread that many bugs seem to have been fixed so there's that as well. *If* that is the case, we will see what to do next. But AFAIK there is always stuff to do (and if it's just hardening SELinux rules or upstreaming the kernel :D).

Best regards
It's already 1 AM here, good night. People are going to wake up and start their day with this good news :)

Reactions: BlueFlame4

xda023

Jul 2, 2017

Best regards
Camera is huge problem,i hope that it will be priority to fix! Great work so far!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QQa2TSa.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • LED

Known issues:

• Camera and camera related features are buggy. Eg. Flashlight toggle works with 2 tries, random crashes. (Use google camera or any other 3rd party camera to minimise crashes)
    • VoLTE
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Camcorder
    • Fingerprint

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :
    • CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
    • Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/HridayHS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for land, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
    HridayHS
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-20
    Last Updated 2017-03-19
    Sorry guys being AFK for long time, will be working on LAND again from now only. :)
    also from time to time just keep us updated about the development status.
    cause if no updates then all starting asking for eta and all and the thread becomes messed-up

Sure but I have just started yesterday :D I know what you mean though - communication is key.

Current status: I am running some test builds to get the build environment set up. My build server is currently compiling some builds and once one finishes I will open a new testing thread.
    I really appreciate that but given that I cannot guarantee anything I wouldn't like to take money from you. Luckily I happen to know a friend who has a Redmi 3s. I will ask her first or try something "theoretical" without having the device :)