[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 [SM-T530/531/535]

Search This thread

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
Good day:

I'm writing here out of desperation, and total respect to anyone who gets to read this:

1.I have a galaxy tab active 8" LTE, perfectly similar to the galaxy tab 4 (7" & 10.1") except for battery and screen size.

2.I managed to create a TWRP-3.1.1-0 using sources, no developer is supporting the tab active anywhere

3.I tried following guide to create a kernel but not succeeding,I tried flashing superSU to the created kernel using Samsung sources, but still not winning, mostly due to no experience and poor knowledge.

4.I'm looking for anyone with time to spare, to help create a device tree for my tablet, or help creating a custom rom, or port one of the roms from the device at the top...I'll pay for the troubles and I'll test and provide logs as needed!!!!

5.please help or input constructively!!!

Thargorsson

Nov 24, 2013
Schöneiche bei Berlin
Good day:

I'm writing here out of desperation, and total respect to anyone who gets to read this:

1.I have a galaxy tab active 8" LTE, perfectly similar to the galaxy tab 4 (7" & 10.1") except for battery and screen size.

2.I managed to create a TWRP-3.1.1-0 using sources, no developer is supporting the tab active anywhere

3.I tried following guide to create a kernel but not succeeding,I tried flashing superSU to the created kernel using Samsung sources, but still not winning, mostly due to no experience and poor knowledge.

4.I'm looking for anyone with time to spare, to help create a device tree for my tablet, or help creating a custom rom, or port one of the roms from the device at the top...I'll pay for the troubles and I'll test and provide logs as needed!!!!

5.please help or input constructively!!!
Well a good starting point would be XDA and search for create device tree... Also only use the kernel provided by Samsung sources and then push it to github (if not already done).
For creating device trees... This may help you...
https://www.google.de/amp/s/forum.x...-create-device-tree-android-rom-t3498355/amp/
Furthermore you said you have no idea of ROM building... You better build something for another device to get common with the build process BEFORE you start creating for your device...
Just refer to this thread as exabuild
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bullhead/build

Hope this helps a bit (first step into android developing is always the hardest one)
Regards

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
Well a good starting point would be XDA and search for create device tree... Also only use the kernel provided by Samsung sources and then push it to github (if not already done).
For creating device trees... This may help you...
https://www.google.de/amp/s/forum.x...-create-device-tree-android-rom-t3498355/amp/
Furthermore you said you have no idea of ROM building... You better build something for another device to get common with the build process BEFORE you start creating for your device...
Just refer to this thread as exabuild
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bullhead/build

Hope this helps a bit (first step into android developing is always the hardest one)
Regards
Thank you for replying:
On xda there are 3 devices(galaxy tab 4 8", 7" and 10.1") same in specs as galaxy tab (4) ACTIVE SM T365, this devices have their "device tree" and nougat roms all over....Will porting device tree work? Like cloning the git and changing codenames? ...to match mine

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: leonardus_magnus
Thank you for replying:
On xda there are 3 devices(galaxy tab 4 8", 7" and 10.1") same in specs as galaxy tab (4) ACTIVE SM T365, this devices have their "device tree" and nougat roms all over....Will porting device tree work? Like cloning the git and changing codenames? ...to match mine

Count me for testing on sm-t535...

Thargorsson

Nov 24, 2013
Schöneiche bei Berlin
Thank you for replying:
Well I think no, as the devices have different features and drivers for sensors camera and so on (I think so). If you really get every detail out of your tab than you could edit the files like BoardConfig.mk to match you device, also keep in mind that only one error could be crucial so you need to keep an eye of everything... Take a look at the config files of the other devices you mentioned and try to get all those details they have from your device.

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
Well I think no, as the devices have different features and drivers for sensors camera and so on (I think so). If you really get every detail out of your tab than you could edit the files like BoardConfig.mk to match you device, also keep in mind that only one error could be crucial so you need to keep an eye of everything... Take a look at the config files of the other devices you mentioned and try to get all those details they have from your device.
I'll try this, actually at one point I downloaded the roms from this devices, then modified the asserts to add my codename, and modified binary-script, then the roms (from galaxy tab 4 7",8" and 10.1") all installed successfully, show lineageos or cyanogen mod logo, then 4 consecutive vibrations and then reboots back to recovery, this is probably where inexperience in modifying/making kernels was a big factor...but I'll keep trying, someday I'll see what I'm doing wrong...lol

Reactions: green2005

pehlm

Aug 23, 2016
Sweden
No one with development/build skills seems to own a T535 or have time to offer for support of the device. Sad, but true. And if they own a Tab 4 10.1 it's the wifi version. T530/T531/T535 are very good tabs, three years old, but good. Perhaps @sub77 can help for the T530 device, maybe he can. I hope so, he was the man who build new ROMS for the device until the beginning of 2017. Hoping also for @T_I, it's a pity if the device should die.:crying:

Reactions: geovision

crazydoria

Mar 11, 2013
So I need to encrypt this to install an app I need. After I encrypt I get systemui failed to load error. It crashes and says to I click to reopen but it always crashed. Is there a way to get this to work? I'm on the latest cm14 build.

dgofman

Nov 9, 2017
Samsung SM-T530 issues

Hi, I installed Android 7.1 cm-14.1-20161117-0709-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi on my SM-T530.

Now my camera it's not working and when I am booting my device I am getting two messages.

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING

Set Warranty Bit : kernel

Please can you advice how can I fix it.

Thanks,
David

pehlm

Aug 23, 2016
Sweden
Yes as @Der-Knuffi says about the bootmessage but you can use Open Camera or Camu on the Play Store as camera apps instead. :)

Edit: Sorry, this is Nougat, didn't think of that, I haven't tried with Open Camera on N but that's working on MM and T530, at least. :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Android-Nougat-logo-1.jpg

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.​

INSTALLATION

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

UPDATE

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 [SM-T530/531/535], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Contributors
    sub77, thisisapoorusernamechoice, meadsy13
    Source Code: https://github.com/sub77

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
    Last Updated 2017-01-24
    DOWNLOAD

Supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WIFI, 3G & LTE [SM-T530 / 531 / 535]
    Requirements All: Android 5.x Bootloader [Samsung Stock Lollipop]
    Requirements 3G: Updated proprietary files to T530XXU1BOG2, so probably no modem update needed. if still needed -> Android 4.x Modem [XXU1ANH6]
    Notes: 3G and LTE are not confirmed working, so please let me know if it does or not.

Installation:
    • Download official Samsung Lollipop Rom and flash with odin if you are coming from KitKat
    • Download latest TWRP and flash it with, odin, flashify, dd, etc.
    • Download latest ROM [cm-14] | [cm-13] do a full wipe and flash with TWRP
    • Download Open GApps and flash with TWRP

Information:

Download:

Fixes:
    • Turn on DEVELOPER OPTIONS > Hardware accelerated rendering > Disable HW overlays

Kaputt:
    • Camera, BT, SDcard

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Hi,

News about the t535 version?

iam going to release t531 and t535 later today.

fixed BT, GPS and sdcard FS but cam is still broken.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862682097

cm-14.1-20161117-0709-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip

3g and lte soon
    sorry for fake news about release date. the cam is still sucking, if no success today i will release 531/535 later today. maybe.