[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2]AOKP for Moto X Pure 2015 (12/17/17) (Clark)

Search This thread

The_Bizzel

Aug 11, 2010
im sure your rom is fine, i just must have missed a step somewhere and need some help troubleshooting:
1. Had Updated to Moto X Pure Factory Firmware Nougat NPH25.200-22.
2. flashed RESURRECTION REMIX 5.8.5 (12/4 build), but i had lots of bugs, including gps (changed gps config file for fix), lte signal (still was troubleshooting), random power cycling, and some other nougat firmware related bugs
3. downgraded back to stock CLARK_RETUS_6.0_MPHS24.49-18-8 (MM)
4. flashed twrp 3.2.1-0
5. flashed aokp-clark-nougat-unoffical-2017-12_17_0006.zip
6. flashed gapps 7.1 mini
7. flashed magisk_v14.0zip

can't get past boot-up animation of "unicorn and spinning gear"
i'm gonna try to flash aokp_clark_nougat_unofficial_2017-10-20_0906.zip, see if i get anywhere new

UPDATE: flashed 10-20 build, same as before. cant get past boot-up animation.

Last edited:

The_Bizzel

Aug 11, 2010
did some more research, and thought maybe it was bootloader? im on motorola/clark-retus/clark:6.0/mph

Update: Everything works! Fix: had to go through complete setup of MM after flash of CLARK_RETUS_6.0_MPHS24.49-18-8 (MM). Turned out wifi didn't work. reflashed NON-HLOS.Bin via bootloader, restarted, got wifi working. flashed TWRP, Flashed 12/17 build, + gapps. and took about 4 minutes to get to startup screen! Got through start screen, testing widi, signal, bluetooth, gps, sms+mms, video playback via browser, restarted a couple times, very smooth!

Last edited:
Reactions: Poke01 and mrlolli

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
did some more research, and thought maybe it was bootloader? im on motorola/clark-retus/clark:6.0/mph

Update: Everything works! Fix: had to go through complete setup of MM after flash of CLARK_RETUS_6.0_MPHS24.49-18-8 (MM). Turned out wifi didn't work. reflashed NON-HLOS.Bin via bootloader, restarted, got wifi working. flashed TWRP, Flashed 12/17 build, + gapps. and took about 4 minutes to get to startup screen! Got through start screen, testing widi, signal, bluetooth, gps, sms+mms, video playback via browser, restarted a couple times, very smooth!

I'm glad that you got it figured out, because I honestly had no idea how to help you on that one lol.

Reactions: The_Bizzel

osk4rin

Sep 7, 2015
San Diego
I just flashed this Rom.no bugs, it's very smooth and fast working like a champ so far.
why not become official?
good job with this ROM, Thank you!! I have been trying many Roms and always ends with a bootloop for any reason.
with AOKP everything is going good so far, I can't believe there is not a rating.
is there any way to allow the carrier logo on the status bar?
Also, I am thinking about flash Xposed Framework. :)

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
I just flashed this Rom.no bugs, it's very smooth and fast working like a champ so far.
why not become official?
good job with this ROM, Thank you!! I have been trying many Roms and always ends with a bootloop for any reason.
with AOKP everything is going good so far, I can't believe there is not a rating.
is there any way to allow the carrier logo on the status bar?
Also, I am thinking about flash Xposed Framework. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I cannot find a setting for the carrier logo, sorry.

chandruilkal

Jun 27, 2009
Hello does the latest 17 Dec 2017 AOKP work on Stock 7 Nougat firmware Clark dual Sim XT1572? Which TWRP should I use for booting without issues?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

how much does it take to boot? I waited for almost 20 minutes watching in bootloop. does it take lot time to boot on Clark Android 7 Base firmware.?

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
Hello does the latest 17 Dec 2017 AOKP work on Stock 7 Nougat firmware Clark dual Sim XT1572? Which TWRP should I use for booting without issues?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

how much does it take to boot? I waited for almost 20 minutes watching in bootloop. does it take lot time to boot on Clark Android 7 Base firmware.?

No this does not work on Stock 7 firmware
answered here

Reactions: mrlolli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I know that Nougat is a little long in the tooth but why not...
    there hasn't been an updated build of AOKP for Clark in a while so here it is
    logo.png

The AOKP goodness that you've always known
    now for our phone!​

Special thanks goes out to Team AOKP for putting this awesome rom together for us to play with!​

I hate making these threads, but anyone who has been around for a short amount of time knows what AOKP is all about so I will leave it at that. The old Rom Control is there with all of the available mods, and everything seems to be working just fine with the phone moving right along.

Here is what you need to do:
    1. Reboot into TWRP
    2. Make a backup (I don't wanna be blamed for crap)
    3. Wipe everything except your internal storage and external sd card (or if you wanna do a full wipe, knock yourself out)
    4. Install AOKP (link below)
    5. Install Gapps (opengapps works good)
    6. Flash Magisk for root.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!

Grab the latest AOKP here (12/17/17):
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617953220

And last but not least, the sources:
    AOKP: https://github.com/AOKP
    Clark: https://github.com/mrlolli/android_device_motorola_clark.git
    Ok so I rigged something up and put together a new build with the November security update. Enjoy!
    Any chance of getting the October security update in the next release? (If there is going to be another release that is)
    Again, thanks for this.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it :). If they add the October security update, I'll get us caught up with it.
    Recently Motorola has released Kernel Source Code for Stock 7.0
    And @Hashbang173 has been posting Unofficial LOS Builds based on Nougat Kernel + modem.
    If it's possible can you make the next build based on this?
    I can provide you the links in PM.

I appreciate the offer but due to some computer related issues, I unfortunately will not be updating this anymore. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to resolve these issues and pick back up on it, but right now it's not looking too good.
    As promised, there is a new build in the OP with the October security update, thanks to the team at AOKP for keeping up on it! :)