[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2]AOKP for Moto X Pure 2015 (12/17/17) (Clark)

Search This thread

tantrum829

Nov 19, 2007
Buenos Aires
Running it for about 8 hours now. Clean install, downloaded all my usual apps. No bugs so far and battery life seems as good as you can get with this device.

johnmain

Jul 27, 2013
Does this ROM have the issues with the flashlight and camera not working after reboots?
And how is battery life?
I am currently on octos and have the issues with flashlight not working until you edit quick tabs and camera is slow to start. Battery life seems not the greatest either.

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Does this ROM have the issues with the flashlight and camera not working after reboots?
And how is battery life?
I am currently on octos and have the issues with flashlight not working until you edit quick tabs and camera is slow to start. Battery life seems not the greatest either.

I haven't had any problems with camera or flashlight. I cannot give a good answer about battery life though because my battery is shot and I've been waiting a loooong time for the one I ordered to cross the ocean.:D

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
I haven't had any problems with camera or flashlight. I cannot give a good answer about battery life though because my battery is shot and I've been waiting a loooong time for the one I ordered to cross the ocean.:D

Recently Motorola has released Kernel Source Code for Stock 7.0
And @Hashbang173 has been posting Unofficial LOS Builds based on Nougat Kernel + modem.
If it's possible can you make the next build based on this?
I can provide you the links in PM.

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
And @Hashbang173 has been posting Unofficial LOS Builds based on Nougat Kernel + modem.

I appreciate the offer but due to some computer related issues, I unfortunately will not be updating this anymore. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to resolve these issues and pick back up on it, but right now it's not looking too good.

johnmain

Jul 27, 2013
Just installed this ROM. The issues I had with octos and others with the torch and camera are not happening with this ROM. I haven't tested battery life yet.
This ROM feels really fast.

johnmain

Jul 27, 2013
Last official ROM would have been the last 6.0 ROM. I have been on Custom ROMs most of the time.
I do still have the issue with delayed Torch after reboot but after the initial delay then it is fast.
Performance is pretty good. However, I think my battery is getting old. Phone is over 2 years now and I am not getting the 3+ hours of screen on time I used to. I am no longer thinking this is a ROM issue but just the lifespan of the battery.

Ijspegel

Feb 17, 2015
Overijssel
This build rocks man, no bugs, really fast, a lot to customize, good work! One of the best Clark roms, why not become a official aopk maintainer?

Reactions: mrlolli

The_Bizzel

Aug 11, 2010
So I want to make the jump to AOKP, but I ran the nougat firmware update "Moto X Pure Factory Firmware Nougat NPH25.200-22" via bootloader, then put RessurectionRemix 12/4 on. Do i have to downgrade my modem and firmware back to MM 6.0? is this the forum to pull the MM firmware from? https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-style/development/pure-firmware-tuff-wip-t3224833

downgraded back to Mm 6.0 via bootloader, reflashed TWRP, flashded AOKP 12/17/17 along with gapps and magick (wiped cache davik), now just patiently waiting to get past load screen..seems to be taking much longer (5+ minutes) than other roms for firing up for the first time

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
downgraded back to Mm 6.0 via bootloader, reflashed TWRP, flashded AOKP 12/17/17 along with gapps and magick (wiped cache davik), now just patiently waiting to get past load screen..seems to be taking much longer (5+ minutes) than other roms for firing up for the first time

Yeah, the 1st boot does take a bit but I don't know about that long. It did fire up ok for you? You only wiped cache and dalvik instead of doing a full wipe?

Last edited:

The_Bizzel

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah, the 1st boot does take a bit but I don't know about that long. It did fire up ok for you? You only wiped cache and dalvik instead of doing a full wipe?

im sorry, of course i did a FULL wipe. 1st boot went on past 20+ minutes. So i went back into recovery (twrp3.2.1-0) wiped dalvik/art cache, system,d ata, internal storage, & cache, flashed aokp-clark-nougat-unoffical_2017_12_17_0006.zip, then wipe cache again, then gapps 7.1 mini, wipe cache again, then flash magisk-v14.0zip, wipe cache, reboot system, then it hangs on boot image again.. we are at about 10 minutes.

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
im sorry, of course i did a FULL wipe. 1st boot went on past 20+ minutes. So i went back into recovery (twrp3.2.1-0) wiped dalvik/art cache, system,d ata, internal storage, & cache, flashed aokp-clark-nougat-unoffical_2017_12_17_0006.zip, then wipe cache again, then gapps 7.1 mini, wipe cache again, then flash magisk-v14.0zip, wipe cache, reboot system, then it hangs on boot image again.. we are at about 10 minutes.

Yeah, it shouldn't even take 10 minutes. I did test it before upping it and it was working fine for me. I'll be home in about 4 hours, I'll post the md5 and see if yours matches.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I know that Nougat is a little long in the tooth but why not...
    there hasn't been an updated build of AOKP for Clark in a while so here it is
    logo.png

The AOKP goodness that you've always known
    now for our phone!​

Special thanks goes out to Team AOKP for putting this awesome rom together for us to play with!​

I hate making these threads, but anyone who has been around for a short amount of time knows what AOKP is all about so I will leave it at that. The old Rom Control is there with all of the available mods, and everything seems to be working just fine with the phone moving right along.

Here is what you need to do:
    1. Reboot into TWRP
    2. Make a backup (I don't wanna be blamed for crap)
    3. Wipe everything except your internal storage and external sd card (or if you wanna do a full wipe, knock yourself out)
    4. Install AOKP (link below)
    5. Install Gapps (opengapps works good)
    6. Flash Magisk for root.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!

Grab the latest AOKP here (12/17/17):
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617953220

And last but not least, the sources:
    AOKP: https://github.com/AOKP
    Clark: https://github.com/mrlolli/android_device_motorola_clark.git
    Ok so I rigged something up and put together a new build with the November security update. Enjoy!
    Any chance of getting the October security update in the next release? (If there is going to be another release that is)
    Again, thanks for this.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it :). If they add the October security update, I'll get us caught up with it.

I appreciate the offer but due to some computer related issues, I unfortunately will not be updating this anymore. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to resolve these issues and pick back up on it, but right now it's not looking too good.
    As promised, there is a new build in the OP with the October security update, thanks to the team at AOKP for keeping up on it! :)